Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
My husband's grandmother always said "and that's why there are so many shoe stores."
...and THANK GOODNESS there ARE! I love shoes! I found the BEST PAIR of BOOTS while I was treasure hunting at the GOODWILL on Sunday! They were BRAND NEW and so SASSY! LOVE that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #82  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitziView Post
So what would be recommended to try first if you've never bought from Unity before? I love the designs - and I really love the whole concept and have from the beginning. I have a tendency to only buy locally though - and I've clearly been missing out!
I think that the best value for the money is definitely the kit of the month, and this month, imo, is TO DIE FOR! It's 26 stamps with shipping for $29, plus the free Love Bug kit, with I think 11 extra stamps! That's less than $1/stamp, and where can you get that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #83  
Stampin' Fool

I have two independent stores near me - and I'm fortunate enough to be able to design for one of them. The one I design for is 'Sharon's Crop Studio' in Greenwood, Indiana and the other one close by is 'Just A Little Bit Moore' in Mooresville, Indiana.

Sharon's Crop Studio has a website - http://sharonscropstudio.com/home with their contact info on it - the contact would be Sharon Betts.

Just a Little Bit Moore no longer has a website. Their phone number is (317) 831-4481 and the contact is Susie Moore.

They both know who I am - obviously the one since I just started designing for them - but Susie from JALBM will, too - I'm always asking her to get stuff and sometimes she does and sometimes she says she can't. They just ordered me some October Afternoon Farm Fresh They order from Notions or something like that and I have no idea what that is - so they may not be as open as the store I design for would be.

I think my style is anything fun and playful. I like quotes with fun fonts and whimsical images - which just by glancing - seems to be a perfect fit with Unity.

Anyways - thanks for helping...and enabling I'll let both store owners know I mentioned them to you so they aren't surprised...but they shouldn't be. I seem to be getting a reputation - I stopped into JALBM yesterday and the associate told the owner what she had just ordered for me and said "You know Mitzi - she has to have everything!" Well...not really - but I like the way she thinks! lol...

I had no idea Unity sold wholesale or I think I would have put the pressure on them a long time ago!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #84  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulettePView Post
I think that the best value for the money is definitely the kit of the month, and this month, imo, is TO DIE FOR! It's 26 stamps with shipping for $29, plus the free Love Bug kit, with I think 11 extra stamps! That's less than $1/stamp, and where can you get that?
Gonna go check it out :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #85  
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Just another "UNITY ROCKS' from me! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #86  
Pearl-ExPert

UNITY freakin' rocks!!! That's all that needs to be said! This is a place where we are to come for inspiration, friendship, and positive things!!
MY ETSY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 11:24 AM   #87  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by unitystampcoView Post
Who is going to help her with this question?! I have so many favorites -

Who is your local store? I can have Michelle get in touch with them to see if they would like to carry Unity.

For that matter if ANY of you would like us to contact a store near you to carry Unity - just send Michelle a quick email - [email protected]

She is in charge of all our store/wholesale accounts.

What is YOUR style? Remember - our unmounted stamps can be used with ANY acrylic block. Unity is not any different than the other companies.

We just offer a special handle that is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. It is the "Unity" Handle.

Feel free to take a peek in the Unity Gallery - there are SO MANY stamps! I am thinking we have got to have close to 5000 images. HOORAY!
Giggle grove!!!
MY ETSY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have been buying stamps from Unity for over a year now, and have never been disappointed! I don't buy EVERY set they come out with (wish I could), because I couldn't afford all of that rubber!
Angela is a wonderful person, as are all of the Unity peeps. I love the stamps, but I also feel good about buying from a company with such integrity. Angela is a class act. She is a generous and kind soul and has made the Unity forum a welcoming place for anyone who wants to participate.
I agree that $60 is a lot of money for a stamp set, but different strokes for different folks. Don't let that scare you away from Unity...LOTS of great deals. Big bang for your buck, great quality stamps, wonderful people...my kind of place! ;)

I design for Heartfelt Creations,
The Stamps Of Life
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #89  
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

I wouldn't spend $60.00 on a stamp set. But Unity is a good company.
jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #90  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitziView Post
I have two independent stores near me - and I'm fortunate enough to be able to design for one of them. The one I design for is 'Sharon's Crop Studio' in Greenwood, Indiana and the other one close by is 'Just A Little Bit Moore' in Mooresville, Indiana.

Sharon's Crop Studio has a website - http://sharonscropstudio.com/home with their contact info on it - the contact would be Sharon Betts.

Just a Little Bit Moore no longer has a website. Their phone number is (317) 831-4481 and the contact is Susie Moore.

They both know who I am - obviously the one since I just started designing for them - but Susie from JALBM will, too - I'm always asking her to get stuff and sometimes she does and sometimes she says she can't. They just ordered me some October Afternoon Farm Fresh They order from Notions or something like that and I have no idea what that is - so they may not be as open as the store I design for would be.

I think my style is anything fun and playful. I like quotes with fun fonts and whimsical images - which just by glancing - seems to be a perfect fit with Unity.

Anyways - thanks for helping...and enabling I'll let both store owners know I mentioned them to you so they aren't surprised...but they shouldn't be. I seem to be getting a reputation - I stopped into JALBM yesterday and the associate told the owner what she had just ordered for me and said "You know Mitzi - she has to have everything!" Well...not really - but I like the way she thinks! lol...

I had no idea Unity sold wholesale or I think I would have put the pressure on them a long time ago!

Thank YA! I will let Michelle know! I think you are FABULOUS! You really should come visit us in the Unity Forum!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #91  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by prairiejenView Post
I wouldn't spend $60.00 on a stamp set. But Unity is a good company.
jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #92  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingoutView Post
I have been buying stamps from Unity for over a year now, and have never been disappointed! I don't buy EVERY set they come out with (wish I could), because I couldn't afford all of that rubber!
Angela is a wonderful person, as are all of the Unity peeps. I love the stamps, but I also feel good about buying from a company with such integrity. Angela is a class act. She is a generous and kind soul and has made the Unity forum a welcoming place for anyone who wants to participate.
I agree that $60 is a lot of money for a stamp set, but different strokes for different folks. Don't let that scare you away from Unity...LOTS of great deals. Big bang for your buck, great quality stamps, wonderful people...my kind of place! ;)
It is 9:30 pm. I have just put all my children to bed. Came here to check on this thread. Like all women - I often times have my insecurities, doubt, etc. I often wonder if I am doing things "right" - So really....reading a comment like this makes me take a deep breath, and sigh of appreciation for all the women that continue to encourage me, my people at Unity, and each other. Thank you. I feel happy. At this very moment...simply happy. HUGS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #93  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodersmom9View Post
Giggle grove!!!
I love giggle grove. I agree, Kim!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #94  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

It is 9:30 pm. I have just put all my children to bed. Came here to check on this thread. Like all women - I often times have my insecurities, doubt, etc. I often wonder if I am doing things "right" - So really....reading a comment like this makes me take a deep breath, and sigh of appreciation for all the women that continue to encourage me, my people at Unity, and each other. Thank you. I feel happy. At this very moment...simply happy. HUGS.
You should feel happy! Unity has come a long way over the past year and a half and your business and customer base are full of amazing people!!
MY ETSY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 06:50 PM   #95  
Stazon Splitcoast

Admittedly, I havent purchased unity stamps. Why? I really dont know other than I get my impetus to purchase from gallery uploads. It always seems the more comical images motivate me to buy. Do I think $60 is an incredible amount of money? Not being a customer, it's not appropriate for me to respond to that question. Generally, though, I must say since I spend so much money and use stamps once or twice, I think $60 would be way out of my comfort zone. From reading the comments, though, it's not hard to recognize unity has a great following.
DO U KNOW?
BRAK members love to send SCSers cards on their birthdays? Come join us.

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there
is no path and leave a trail." ... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Please watch for this set to show up in some of your local scrapbooks/stamp stores and favorite online sights very soon. It was released at $60 plus 30% off on the Unity website. It is now $60.00 without 30% off due to the sale ending on Sunday - HOWEVER, we have priced it on our website this way so that our stores that buy from us wholesale have the ability to mark this set for profit and at the same time be well under the Unity website price. I don't expect you to purchase this set for $60. There will be plenty of opportunities to purchase it for less if you would like.

Thanks for clearing this up, Angela! I, too, was taken aback with the price, considering your pricing is rather fair. I can appreciate you trying to balance direct ordering with the wholesale side. I'll be honest; I ain't gonna pay $60 for that set, but maybe I can get it at my LSS! Perhaps you should add a blurb encouraging people to look for it at their LSS on that page (for the DD kit)?

And I also think the $24US + shipping for the Kit of the Month (8.5 X 11 sheet of pre-cut, foam-mounted rubber) is also very reasonable. (I just passed my 1 year KOM anniversary! Woot!)

Oh, as for recommendations for 1st timers...I *dare* you to resist So & SO Loves.... :mrgreen:

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2009, 06:29 AM   #97  
Rubber Obsessor

Default to high

no way I would pay that much for that set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #98  
Glitter Guru

Unity's customer service rocks, their stamps are top notch and easy to store, and the women that participate in the Unity forum are beautiful people and talented stampers. I did not purchase the DD since it was not something I thought I would use and it was not something I could afford right now. but I did not complain about the price, just chose not to purchase. I think there are other stamp co that are expensive and choose to buy or not to buy based on my needs and finances. but you will never see me post about their prices. it is their choice what to charge as it is your choice to buy it or not.

Unity sells tons of products and they will continue to do so $60 sets or not because it is a quality product and a great company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2009, 07:54 AM   #99  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmk104View Post
Unity's customer service rocks, their stamps are top notch and easy to store, and the women that participate in the Unity forum are beautiful people and talented stampers. I did not purchase the DD since it was not something I thought I would use and it was not something I could afford right now. but I did not complain about the price, just chose not to purchase. I think there are other stamp co that are expensive and choose to buy or not to buy based on my needs and finances. but you will never see me post about their prices. it is their choice what to charge as it is your choice to buy it or not.

Unity sells tons of products and they will continue to do so $60 sets or not because it is a quality product and a great company
Well put Dawn!! There are some stamp companies that don't run any sales. I still buy their stamps, and wish they would have a sale, but they don't. Life goes on.

Unity always has a sale of some sort. It is rare that anyone have to pay full price for a set from Unity if you watch the sales every week/month.
Look at the {ippity} sets!!! They are great sets with an even greater price. Not too many companies have a group of customers so gung-ho to sell their product like Unity has with this new line of stamps!!
MY ETSY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2009, 08:19 AM   #100  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by avonleaView Post
Thanks for clearing this up, Angela! I, too, was taken aback with the price, considering your pricing is rather fair. I can appreciate you trying to balance direct ordering with the wholesale side. I'll be honest; I ain't gonna pay $60 for that set, but maybe I can get it at my LSS! Perhaps you should add a blurb encouraging people to look for it at their LSS on that page (for the DD kit)?

And I also think the $24US + shipping for the Kit of the Month (8.5 X 11 sheet of pre-cut, foam-mounted rubber) is also very reasonable. (I just passed my 1 year KOM anniversary! Woot!)

Oh, as for recommendations for 1st timers...I *dare* you to resist So & SO Loves.... :mrgreen:

HOORAY Kit of the MONTH! ONE ENTIRE Year! That is FABULOUS. You have a HUGE stamp collection!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2009, 08:20 AM   #101  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I want to post that although I don't have any Unity stamps (yet) I would not hesitate to buy from them. I love some of the stamps and have them on my wish list but just haven't had the means to get them yet. I just wouldn't buy THIS set but others, sure.
Perhaps tomorrow's sale will be the BEST TIME TO START your Unity collection. Hopefully it will be one on your wish list!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #102  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne RyanView Post
Admittedly, I havent purchased unity stamps. Why? I really dont know other than I get my impetus to purchase from gallery uploads. It always seems the more comical images motivate me to buy. Do I think $60 is an incredible amount of money? Not being a customer, it's not appropriate for me to respond to that question. Generally, though, I must say since I spend so much money and use stamps once or twice, I think $60 would be way out of my comfort zone. From reading the comments, though, it's not hard to recognize unity has a great following.
Well...I will have to find some comical images, and make you a customer at some point in the near future.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #103  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodersmom9View Post
You should feel happy! Unity has come a long way over the past year and a half and your business and customer base are full of amazing people!!
Hugs, Kim!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #104  
Crimping Master

I love Unity and purchased the Donna Downey set on sale last weekend.

I am new to Unity (since August/09) and after ordering my first KOTM became an instant Unity Addict!!!! I own a lot of stamps by all sorts of popular manufacturers and by far Unity is my favourite and most used out of all of my stamps. The stamps are superb, the best quality I have seen, HUGE and perfect for either scrapbooking, cardmaking, papercrafts or altered art.

The amazing friendly staff and customer service that form part of this awesome company is a bonus in addition to the great products!

The challenges, games, giveaways, blog hops, and DT team are all amazing and inspiring! I can't think of another company that has so much going on all of the time for their customers! Who does that? Unity does!!!!!

Yes, Unity ROCKS!!!
I've got {Ippity}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2009, 10:51 AM   #105  
Die Cut Diva

As a past DT member for Unity you can see why we all love Unity and Angela... She could have taken this thread very offensive but instead she just sheds light on the situation and allows for us to make our own decision. I personally DID buy it because I love DD in spite of her mistakes (I think we can all fail forward in life) and after I check out DD's blog I knew that I had to have it and I know that I will use it often (justifying the $60 and I will teach it in my classes).
So way to go SCS for being a friendly place to voice our concerns in a respectful way... you have all been amazing and makes me proud to be a part of this community.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #106  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEBrownView Post
As a past DT member for Unity you can see why we all love Unity and Angela... She could have taken this thread very offensive but instead she just sheds light on the situation and allows for us to make our own decision. I personally DID buy it because I love DD in spite of her mistakes (I think we can all fail forward in life) and after I check out DD's blog I knew that I had to have it and I know that I will use it often (justifying the $60 and I will teach it in my classes).
So way to go SCS for being a friendly place to voice our concerns in a respectful way... you have all been amazing and makes me proud to be a part of this community.
I got it too Heather!! Can't wait until it arrives!!
MY ETSY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #107  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Ladies. This has been a delightful discussion to partake in. You are all very classy chicks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #108  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile My 2 cents

Well I would like to add that I am coming up on my Year of receiving Unity KOTM. I came upon Unity by a friend. Then DH lost his job after 25 yrs. So getting the KOTM was a way to justify getting new stamps at a very reasonable price. I have to say that Unity KOTM get better each month. I am very happy with their Customer Service when & if the need arises to contact them. They are very friendly, go out of their way to make what is wrong right.

I am totally addicted to "UNITY"

Then when they run the awesome sales they run, if $$ is there i pick & choose what items to add to my collection. So i have alot of Unity that way, many i haven't even inked up yet. But had to have them at the great price sometimes 1/2 off.

I am not a designer, just a person that found a hobby that i enjoy to relieve stress. I enjoy it greatly!!!

So give UNITY a try, you won't be disappointed!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #109  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know this has already been covered by a few people but I hardly ever add my two cents but feel inspired to do so this time These are just my opinions of course

Is $60 expensive- absolutely- HOWEVER I get my daily emails from Unity and know I can buy it on sale one day and that's exactly what I thought when I saw the price. I adore the sales they have EVERY week- not many places do that- and deep discounts frequently. I really hope to get this set one day and will be trying to stamp on fabric....I already stamp on anything that doesn't move. Regarding the price also...well I swore I would never get into Copic markers- too expensive- now sadly I own over 200 of them....yep I make myself eat my own words all the time LOL!

I am a KOTM member and seriously....it's amazing! I do have one complaint though..it usually doesn't arrive till almost the last day of each month so I go through torture watching everyone else play with it till mine arrives here in Canada- this isn't really a complaint- just me whining tee hee!

One last gush about Unity. I found their blog before they officially opened for business and started following them then. I loved their family approach to their business and their employees and as someone who tries to support small businesses whenever I can I really find Unity amazing in the field of customer service. One year I emailed Unity at 6pm my time on New Year's eve and Angela emailed me herself back and forth for a bit while we worked out the oops I had made on my order. She has even emailed me awhile back thanking me for comments I had posted on other websites about Unity- I mean seriously how many company owners do that???

Unity is a feel good company- not just in the quality of their product or the fantastic selections of images but in how they make you feel as a customer- I have actually felt personally appreciated and that is also rare in the world of online sales. My fave images are their large quote stamps....that is a great place to start for any new Unity customers I have included a link to a card I made with a quote just to show you the size...
Unity= creating yourself by ajmurdock at Splitcoaststampers

well....apparently I was feeling quite chatty sorry for the long post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2009, 08:07 AM   #110  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thought I should share this with everyone:
http://limelightpapercrafts.com/getproduct.php?pid=1570

Limelight Papercrafts has this set for preorder for ONLY $35

I can tell you that Limelight has amazing customer service and is a wonderful place to order from if you want this kit!!!

As far as this whole thread goes.. I can say whole heartedly that Unity Stamp Co. offers nothing but the best when it comes to stamps, service, and FRIENDSHIP! I have been a Unity customer for over a year, and have only made a few other craft purchases that weren't Unity. And that is only because I needed card stock, DP and other things. I always order from Unity because they have shown me how much they appreciate ME as a customer and that is one thing that keeps me going back over and over again. Not to mention the high quality red rubber stamps! I love that they have such a variety of stamps!
The fact that Unity is a green company also excites me! I try to reduce, reuse and recycle and the fact the Unity is green and uses wind power as well is a wonderful thing to me!
I know that the Unity team is always there for me if I need a question. They always return my emails promptly which I love!!!!!!
I have gained soooo many incredible friendship because of Unity.. which I am most grateful for. The Unity addicts all have something unique about them. The DT will chat with us, as well as the Unity crew! I think it is wonderful that Angela, Eryn, Brooke, Christian, Ryan, Tommy T, Michelle, and everyone else all come in to chat with us. It makes me feel important as a customer. I know I am appreciated.. and for that I will always be a Unity customer.

I am a KOM customer( I should be getting my new one today! yippee!!) and I think this is the BEST deal EVER!!!! 24 for a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of rubber?? Seriously?? I think that this is sooooo awesome! I love my KOM each month! There is always something new and fabulous. I love that we get little sneak peeks before it is completely unveiled on the 1st of each month! This is my 6th month as a KOM customer and I am so excited to continue getting them each month!

$60 for a set may seem high, but I know that Angela always has such FABULOUS deals(like the one this weekend!!!) and that I will definitely be able to purchase this set cheaper!

Last edited by ImAYoungin'; 11-20-2009 at 08:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 09:28 AM   #111  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmurdockView Post
I know this has already been covered by a few people but I hardly ever add my two cents but feel inspired to do so this time These are just my opinions of course

Is $60 expensive- absolutely- HOWEVER I get my daily emails from Unity and know I can buy it on sale one day and that's exactly what I thought when I saw the price. I adore the sales they have EVERY week- not many places do that- and deep discounts frequently. I really hope to get this set one day and will be trying to stamp on fabric....I already stamp on anything that doesn't move. Regarding the price also...well I swore I would never get into Copic markers- too expensive- now sadly I own over 200 of them....yep I make myself eat my own words all the time LOL!

I am a KOTM member and seriously....it's amazing! I do have one complaint though..it usually doesn't arrive till almost the last day of each month so I go through torture watching everyone else play with it till mine arrives here in Canada- this isn't really a complaint- just me whining tee hee!

One last gush about Unity. I found their blog before they officially opened for business and started following them then. I loved their family approach to their business and their employees and as someone who tries to support small businesses whenever I can I really find Unity amazing in the field of customer service. One year I emailed Unity at 6pm my time on New Year's eve and Angela emailed me herself back and forth for a bit while we worked out the oops I had made on my order. She has even emailed me awhile back thanking me for comments I had posted on other websites about Unity- I mean seriously how many company owners do that???

Unity is a feel good company- not just in the quality of their product or the fantastic selections of images but in how they make you feel as a customer- I have actually felt personally appreciated and that is also rare in the world of online sales. My fave images are their large quote stamps....that is a great place to start for any new Unity customers I have included a link to a card I made with a quote just to show you the size...
Unity= creating yourself by ajmurdock at Splitcoaststampers

well....apparently I was feeling quite chatty sorry for the long post

I remember that, Andrea! How fun - wow time flies!
Reply With Quote Likes