Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

I don't. The idea of planned obsolecence kind of bothers me. If I can't find a color to stamp with the 52 pads I already have, there is something wrong with me !

My Little Gallery -- Thanks for looking!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to add that I don't normally by the IN COLORS, but I did buy a pack of the riding hood red as I used them for my Christmas Cards last year. I don't buy them or use them much. But am thinking of buying the multipack like someone above suggested she does...That sounds good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #43  
Gabfest Goddess

What Suzanne said. I have not bought any of them and don't feel like I'm missing out at all.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Depends it I foind the colors look too much like a color in the 48 colors range. For last year I only bought the red as I found it was a little more deep red than the really red and make it more classical red for valentine and christmas. This year I will probably just buy the mauve and the green and turquoise ( do not know the name of thesecolors). I will buy the ink pad along with the reinker and 1 package of cardstock for each colors and the markers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 11:31 AM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I like the In Color Concept

I've bought an asst'd pack of paper each year when they began releasing ICs. I didn't use the IC much the first year (I was new to stamping); I stocked up on three extra asst'd packs the second year and ended up selling them late last year. This current catty I've only bought one pack and still have some sheets left, but wish I would have bought one more pack as the RHR is a really rich traditional red and I liked working with it. I liked all the other colors except PP and the Pacific Point (?) colors. Sad that I can't get any more of the In Color assorted paper.

Having said that, I will buy one pack of the IC paper in the 09/10 catty and force myself to use it during the catalog year. The more I worked with this years colors the more I began to really love them and not the other 48.

I agree with an earlier poster who mentioned that she's beginning to challenge herself with using the other 48 colors more. Hey who knows, maybe SU! will create a color family with the four IC groups that have been released so far, including the upcoming colors. Hey, it can happen and a girl can wish for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #46  
Mad Swapper

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I find that though I may not like them initially, I'll see a picture of something that will inspire me or a project using a specific color and I'll want them...so I order them all.
I clearly am not difficult to convince.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #47  
Insane Embellisher

I didn't buy any of the about to retire colors and I think I bought the assorted pack of colors the year before. I love the colors this year though and will have a few of them with matching ribbon. The only color I wish was still around is Cool Carribean, otherwise I don't mind seeing the colors go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #48  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

I only buy them if I like them. In the past I bought the paper, ink pads and reinkers. I really loved the second set of IC (with purely pomegranate) but I didn't buy any of the current IC although the pink pirouette was tempting. Some of the new ones look interesting so we'll see.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #49  
Kookie Creator

i don't usually buy the in color but i do buy DSP and P.P from su and unfortunately they match in color cardstock better with the DSP then the families i usually just get the standard color families even if its a shade difference i'm not as picky though so i just gave up the whole shade difference thing.. don't regret it cause its less hurt on my pocket book And still looks good in my honest opinion
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 01:58 PM   #50  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 613 Likes on 432 Posts

I have not bought them yet. I still do not have all the 48 colors. I really try to buy the colors I know I will use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 06:14 PM   #51  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for all your thoughts ladies. My demo had a "retirement" party tonight and was selling a bunch of older retired sets ... she also had the new in colours so I got to see them first hand. I absolutely love Melon Mambo ... so I ended up ordering 3 packages of cardstock (Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay and the Razzleberry one) and ink pads for the Melon Mambo and Razzleberry and I think that will be good enough for me this year. I also ordered the in colour markers. I guess I just couldnt say "no" ... lol ... maybe next year I will have more self control! Looking forward to seeing all my new stuff after July 1st sometime!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #52  
Hardware Hotshot

The first years I didn't buy into the colors...thought it was a pressure gimic also. But I've always wished I gotten buckaroo blue and cranberry crisp. I did buy cool carribean. This year I caved at the eleventh hour!! First of June I bought a few packs or pink p, Baja (I did buy that throughout the year) and RHRed. It's kind of seems funny I bought them at the end not the beginning. I also only use about 1/3 of SU colors and I like the pizzaz the in colors bring. I also had a wonderful and sweet surprise of a RAK!!! A fellow SCStamper saw on another post I regretted never buying Buckaroo Blue and has sent me ink, paper, reinker....It made my YEAR!! It has to be one of the most endearing things that anyone has done for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #53  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I always buy the in colors.. I find that I have so much designer paper from all sorts of companies that the more colors I have the better chance of matching!! I use to buy other brands of cardstock than SU but I love their cardstock and there is enough variety in colors...I am all about what is easy, if everything matches it makes card making easier and more fun and less frusterating. I don't like it at all that they retire the colors but usually I don't use a whole pack unless I really like it and if I do like Baja and Kiwi I will restock. If I run out later...well there is always ebay!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #54  
Die Cut Diva

I had not bought into the whole in-color thing until this past fall. I got them mainly because I joined a stamp club and figured I would give some of them a try. I got 3 of them. I used them and even stocked up on more paper and re-inkers in early June. But I won't buy them in the future. There are already 48 SU colors and that is more than I need. I'll just stick to the basic 48. I think otherwise it just gets too pricey to buy all the new colors, ink, paper, etc each year. Unless of course they come back out with Purely pomegranate, I got a freebie ink spot of that and love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2009, 05:58 AM   #55  
Gallery Gazer

I don't buy them anymore. I just don't like that I can fall in love with them, get attached to them and then they leave me like a jilted girlfriend. If I'm going to invest in ink, paper and dsp it better be around for a while. I'm not the fastest crafter so by the time I need some supplies replenished, they are on evil bay for incredibly ridiculous amounts of money.

Nope, never going to buy In Colors again. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2009, 07:28 AM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I already responded in this thread, but I just have to say that what sucks me in is if I like the ribbon that they're offering. That was what got me two years ago, I loved that double stitched ribbon, now this year I'm loving the polka dots. If SU would offer this cute ribbon in some of their regular colors, I probably wouldn't buy into the in colors again this year. But if I do, I'm going to limit myself to only three of the colors.

Interesting note about this year's colors: I bought a lot of new summer clothes this month. I bought 6 t-shirts at Christopher Banks and four of them are very, very similar to the in colors. I have shirts in Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Razzleberry, and the brown one, can't remember the name at the moment. They also had shirts that looked like the curry, but I can't wear that color. So these colors are definitely trendy.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2009, 08:57 AM   #57  
Mad Swapper

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCEmilyView Post
I have been, but I'm kinda temped to stop. I'm getting sick of getting a new favorite color (like Pomegranate, Soft Sky and Baja Breeze) and then not being able to get anymore. I don't see why they can't just add some of them to the regular color families. I think they do it to generate more sales from the people that can afford to go crazy stocking up...some of us can't buy 5 packs of paper and reinkers of each of our favorite colors before they go. This year if I buy any, it will only be 3 of the colors, since the rest of them are just a shade lighter/darker than the regular colors, and what is the point in that? Honestly, I think they whole "In Color" idea is stupid! The colors from last year, and the year before aren't out now. SU just trys to make us think these are the hot colors so we will think they need them. I think it would be much better if they added a few new colors to the regular 48 more often.

I fully agree, I got a peek at this year's in colors & they look so close to existing colors that I will have a hard time deciding if I want them or not. Maybe SU! can take a survey on the most popular previous in colors & then add the results to their permanent list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #58  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadiejane929View Post
I fully agree, I got a peek at this year's in colors & they look so close to existing colors that I will have a hard time deciding if I want them or not. Maybe SU! can take a survey on the most popular previous in colors & then add the results to their permanent list.
May I ask which of the New In Colors looks close to previous colors and which previous colors? Just curious. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2009, 09:27 AM   #59  
Mad Swapper

Received 264 Likes on 109 Posts

One of the reasons I like SU! is that all the colors match in all the various products. Having the 48 basic colors in cardstock, ink, markers, etc., is a big investment, and I prefer to add to it only with prints (designer paper) or embellishments of all varieties. "In colors" can be an added fillip, but not one to which I intend to succumb, primarily because I don't need them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2009, 09:46 AM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have bought the in colors inks, re-inker and papers in the past. I think I will buy the paper but no inks this year. That way I won't stock up either. Will use them while they are available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #61  
Rubber Obsessor

I get them here and there. I have never bought all of them in a year. I have bought none of them in a year too. I wish they did them in spots. I would prob buy them each year easier to store in may small stampin place
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #62  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I don't. Even the ones I like. I don't have the room! Although I must say that the riding hood red was mighty tempting this year.
you know what, use Ruby Red in it's place and no one would know the difference. The Riding Hood Red Ribbon looks exactly like the ruby red when used with ruby red. If you have any of the DSP paper's that had Riding Hood Red in them, the ruby red matches exactly with the designer papers.

This is the reason that I do not buy all the incolor cs, inks, and reinkers. I use the DSP that has the incolors in the paper and then use our regular cs with it. Saves me a lot of money and a lot of stress and a lot of left over product at the end of the season.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #63  
Hardware Hotshot

My daughter asked me at 4:30 today to make a card for her friend's wedding shower she is hosting tonight. She is also in the wedding. I asked her the colors and she said the dress hanging in my bathroom. I thought, "Oh, Cool Caribbean" and hurried home at 5:00 and whipped out my fastest card ever in cool carribean, stamped cut-out wedding cake, with a cuttlebug emboss background and ribbon from wal-mart I had yet to use that matched almost perfectly to CC...I was so pleased and it was soooo fun to make that sweet card. So, I was happy I had that cool caribbean!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2009, 07:21 AM   #64  

I buy a paper pack of the ones I like. And ignore the ones I don't like...:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2009, 08:06 AM   #65  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
My daughter asked me at 4:30 today to make a card for her friend's wedding shower she is hosting tonight. She is also in the wedding. I asked her the colors and she said the dress hanging in my bathroom. I thought, "Oh, Cool Caribbean" and hurried home at 5:00 and whipped out my fastest card ever in cool carribean, stamped cut-out wedding cake, with a cuttlebug emboss background and ribbon from wal-mart I had yet to use that matched almost perfectly to CC...I was so pleased and it was soooo fun to make that sweet card. So, I was happy I had that cool caribbean!
Cool Caribbean was the only in-color I bought that year
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2009, 08:20 AM   #66  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilliannView Post
Cool Caribbean was the only in-color I bought that year
Me too...but I think that was the year of cranberry crisp and buckaroo blue...as I've said, I've wished I'd gotten those...and wishes do come true. A very dear person surprised me with a RAK and today at the post office was 1 1/2 packs of buckaroon blue, the ink pad, the reinker, a marker and 1 1/2 packs of blue bayou...what a sweet and dear soul she is...I don't have her name right here...it's on the packing box...but I'm trying to figure out a lovely thing to do for her and when the occasion arises I'm sending on RAK's to various people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #67  
Insane Embellisher

I do not buy the in colors ... I hate falling in love with something and having it taken away! I really, really liked the colors three/four catalogs ago. The current in colors grew on me the last six months, but I didn't feel it was necessary to buy them. This catalog's in colors do not appeal to me (but it could change).

Anyways, I do not buy them and do not regret my decision. There are 48 beautiful full-time colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2009, 10:13 AM   #68  
Polyshrink Goddess

I start with buying the multi-color pack of paper and if something jumps out at me when I start using them then I will buy the ink pad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #69  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like others of you, I usually start with a multi pack and see what I like from that. I got sheets of each yesterday from my demo and I can;t say that I love all of them; I like soft suede and the curry. I'll see what I can do with them because I won't be getting any ink for them.

Last incolours I loved were the pink and red. I have a package of them on hand. The pink really is unmatched so I will use it beyond the 'in fashion' or whatever you want to call it.

From before, I have some river rock that I am not using much now. Still like the soft sky.

I also wish they would incorporate the top 6 of all the incolours into the regular 8, and get rid of the least favorite 6 of those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2009, 12:05 PM   #70  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't buy them but I do really like this new selection. Very exotic. I don't have any stamps on my wish list, so when a special comes around I might buy some of the In Color stuff. I'll definitely buy the markers since I love having a huge selection for SU or non-SU projects. But... I

really don't like the idea of getting hooked on a color and having it taken away from you. People compare it to pattern paper being discontinued, but cardstock is a totally different story. You can never have enough solid colors at your fingertips. The whole idea of SU's color matching is that you can always find an ink to go with your cardstock, etc. I know with the standard permanent colors I'll always have that peace of mind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #71  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I love them and think the concept is brilliant. If I really love a color, I buy a few extra reinkers and packs of paper well before the retiring list comes out. When they're gone, they're gone and I move on without tears.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #72  
Polyshrink Goddess

I like that SU! adds the variety each year of incolors, but I didn't buy any this last catalog because I had so many left from previous years. Just finally used the last of my carribean and marigold! Some of the upcoming incolors are pretty. Will just have to see how I am feeling each time I place an order!!!!
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2009, 02:26 AM   #73  
Hardware Hotshot

I just realized something from this thread. I've always held back on buying them but I realized it was mainly due to finances. I've been slowly building my stockpile of stamping supplies over the last four years and feel I've finally gotten to the place where I can easily create. For sooooo long every time I wanted to make a card there seemed to be one or two supplies I just didn't have. I didn't buy the in colors because I was busy budgeting for stamp sets and "basics".

I thought I used about 1/3 of the SU colors....I just counted and I have 30 different colors of CS. That surprised me...that I have that many. About eight are in colors. As I've read this thread over the past few days I've realized that I love about half of the in colors each year and that I like them much more than many of SU basic 48.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2009, 03:29 AM   #74  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I buy a set of the mixed paper to see if I like them and what I don't like I'll geive away when the year is out. I like having them on hand so I can participate in the color challenges.

This year pink piroutte has become my all time fav much to my surprise 'cus I'm not into pink. Over the year I bought enough so I have about 3 spare packs of paper. I also bought the stamp pad and a couple of reinkers. Usually if I like a color I just buy a reinker and make my own spot.

I really like the new colors this year but I'll still probably just buy reinkers for any of the colors I really like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2009, 03:34 AM   #75  
Crimping Master

I have yet not been able to resist them. I always stock up on them when they come out. The first group that ever came out I did not and now I wish I did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #76  
Matboard Maniac

I always get the assorted CS pack, and all the reinkers, then make individual spots. I hate the big SU ink pads and still use my small, old style ink pads. When they changed some of the basic colors a few years back, I used blank felt pads that I'd stashed from a $1 sale on AddictedToRubberStamps, and made my own smaller pads too. Because I always like some colors MUCH more than others, and I've had a chance to use the ink and cardstock, I'll then order CS packs of the ones I absolutely love. The DSP is the wild card because the design is just as important as the colors, so that's always sort of random.

I've always suspected that SU is taking advantage of its most captive purchasers with the InColors - the demos. The rest of us can take them or leave them, but demos can't. So their planned obsolescence is a big bottom-line booster for SU, at the expense of their demos, who need the InColors to do business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #77  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetteringMamaView Post
May I ask which of the New In Colors looks close to previous colors and which previous colors? Just curious. Thanks!
Here's a blog with a great comparison of the in colors and current SU colors. http://www.stampinpretty.com/2009/06...in-colors.html
Mary's done a great job showing the differences in the colors.

As far as purchasing goes, I buy the colors I like in the cs and ink pads. My favorite past in colors are cool caribbean, river rock, purely pomegranate, soft sky and kiwi kiss and baja breeze from this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

You're not alone: I never purchase anything SU ever!
DO U KNOW?
BRAK members love to send SCSers cards on their birthdays? Come join us.

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there
is no path and leave a trail." ... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #79  
Die Cut Diva

I don't ever purchase the in colors. I just won't spend my money on something that is going to be obsolete in 6 months. I have never purchased them, and I'm never going to purchase them - don't care if I love the colors or not.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #80  
Glitter Queen

Wow, I am new to this site, from another site, and there is so freakin much to offer. I didn't really realize there was this year, last year, retired, new, etc. etc. This does not due much for someone who is on a fixed disability income. I think I am in over my head. But I will hang around and admire everyone else's work

Marie Fair
Reply With Quote Likes