Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-23-2005, 08:40 AM   #81  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of the cards I make are desiged with a specific recipicent in mind and sent for the occasion. I do always scan a copy and maintain a book of ideas so I guess in that way I do keep a part of the card. Sometimes I also make two of the cards; but usaually send that out if I find myseslf with an occasion and a time crunch - which happens way more than I like LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 08:54 AM   #82  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gosh, I usually make my cards with someone specific in mind, so I don't have many extra cards lying around. Handcrafted cards are so special, you just have to share them.

I do scan each before sending, though. So I can view a slideshow most anytime I want! That also helps in jogging my memory when the next birthday/mother's day/etc comes around....don't want to send what I sent last year.

Try letting a few "fly the coop" and see how good it feels!

Kathy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 09:09 AM   #83  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Panama (the country), used to be Florida, but I've got an APO military address so like USA shipping
Smile

I really don't like parting with any of my cards. I can't make more than 1 card, I never like how it turns out as a duplicate. I find myself doing EVERYTHING to the cards, but adding that final touch, and I think a part of me doens't want to add the final touch because then....it would have to go to a new home...sniff sniff! So I hold onto them as long as possible.

Mom to Luke (11), Elizabeth (almost 10) and Andrew (7)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 01:28 PM   #84  
Kookie Creator

Default Let them go!!!

I send out cards for everything from a stubbed toe to "thinking of you". I must admit my cards tend to be quickly made. I'm a slap-dash kinda stamper. At first I thought people might think they were kinda goofy. Then I got the gushing phone calls telling me how much the card meant to the sender. Now I am hooked on making lots of cards all the time. I love the attention they get me, lol.
I am too cheap to scan or digitally photograph each so I just made myself a little notebook; made dividers for each event or holiday; and then just jotted down the date, to whom it was sent, and basics of what stamps, papers and embellishments I used.
send your cards and share the love!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 01:35 PM   #85  
Kookie Creator

Default Send those cards!!

I am a slap-dash kind of stamper, so I can make a card in minutes. At first I was afraid to send them. I thought friends and family might think I was goofy and the card was really made by an insane first grader. Then I started getting gushing phone calls from the people who received cards telling me how much they meant to them. Now I send a card for a stubbed toe or a lost credit card...seriously, people just like to get a "hello" in the mail. And it doesn't seem to matter if the card took me hours or 5 minutes, people just feel special when they get the card.
Send those cards!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2005, 12:35 PM   #86  
Mad Swapper

Smile I do!

That is why my gallery is not so big! Because if I don't have batteries in my camera to take a picture, I don't wait, I just mail it out! My scanner doesn't work anymore since my move :-(. I am impatient to wait to mail it! If I don't mail it right away, it doesn't get sent.

Too bad, my gallery pictures aren't the good ones anyway. The good ones I send out. I have a few in there, but it does not attest to my developed stamping skills.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2005, 04:51 PM   #87  
Gabfest Goddess

I always make more than one of a card. One stays at home in my "idea" file as just a front, the others go in my "send" file to grab when I need one. My idea file is just a 4x6 photo album with all the cards I have made or received. It is handy also, as I like to give cards as gifts, and people just go through my books and put post it notes on the ones they want! Works well. Every once in a while, I give away a lot of my earlier ones because I don't like them anymore!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 05:18 AM   #88  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jusgottastamp
I'm the opposite...I don't keep any cards I "create"!! I always have someone or a special occasion in mind when I'm creating, so when it's done, off it goes--AFTER I take a picture of it!!! ;)

So, I have a picture on my computer of every card I've ever created. Keeps the space issue in control, too!!!
I take a picture of all of my cards and save them as well as every card I see that I like on the SCS Gallery to one folder on my computer and use that folder as my screensaver. It goes through the entire folder each day and randomly shows pictures of cards - I'm constantly inspired!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 05:31 AM   #89  
Mad Swapper

Default sending cards

Yes I do and everyone loves them. I even make cards for some of the special requests on here like the military, terminally ill so forth when I see them. Having said that tho I am probably about 200 ahead and there are some that I don't send I just show them to people.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 06:04 AM   #90  
mothermcbride

Yes, I send mine and I'm looking for excuses to send more. Everyone in my family is getting birthday cards now. When I just bought cards, I rarely sent them. This year, everyone is getting a bear design. Next year, I'm considering hedgehogs. Then, I send thank you's which is actually the reason I started making my own cards. And, I rarely make more than one of a certain design but may make several that are similar in color.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 06:10 AM   #91  
Watercolor Wizard

Duh! I thought this was a new recent topic ~~

edited* I already replied to it before!

Last edited by Jovi; 04-25-2005 at 10:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 06:11 AM   #92  
Insane Embellisher

When I make cards I usually make 10-12 cards at a time. I have boxes of cards ready to use. Since I spend so much on stamping I had to justify my spending. I give 12 cards to my friends for their birthdays. (Most of my friends do not stamp.) This way I have a little something to give them that they will use. They just love them. I do keep a separate basket just for my samples. I do not use any of my samples. My 22 year old niece even asks me for cards that she can send to her friends.

Just not enough time in the day to do
everything that I love to do
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 09:26 AM   #93  
Stampin' Fool

I usually make multiples of my cards, mostly because for birthdays & Christmas I send an assortment of cards to my mom, mother-in-law and grandma. They all love getting and giving my cards. None of them have any desire to get into this themselves, however. My mom usually comes over to raid my stash when she needs a card for something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 10:01 AM   #94  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
You know, this is why I started scrapping, well part of the reason anyway. At least then when I make something cool or do a neat technique I can somehow incorporate it in a page and keep it forever, lol!! Seriously though, I totally know how you feel! Now that I have found time to stamp almost every day I make more stuff and am not quite as attached to my cards as I once was.
That just like me. I starting scrapbooking after I'd been stamping cards for a couple of years. I think mainly so that I could hold on to the work I did. I always give away the cards I make - but some of them I will scan a copy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 12:17 PM   #95  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love to send cards!! I sent four today - two thank-you cards, one thinking of you card, and one w/o a sentiment. I really enjoy going to friends' houses & seeing my cards on their refrigerators. Of course it sometimes takes me a while to let go of my favorites; if I really like a design, I'll keep at least one of them in my binder so I can copy it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 03:31 PM   #96  
Glitter Guru

Default cards

this is too funny,I just started swapping with cards and I hate to give hem up.they are so beautiful.But This is the whole reason i started to give them to people so i don't have buy any and hopefully save 4 to 5 dollars on 1 card.

I do hear everyone though.I have to have a stash first before I can give any out.I have found myslef giving them to my family.like my hb and my kids then after they open it I put it back in my box to keep .how bad is that.I do however give the ones to my ammediate family but don't take those back because they appreciate my art work.My inlaws could care less.they just chuck it.so I don't even give thm one.I will go to the dollar store and buy 2 for $1.00 for them.My sister in law looks at it and says o.h nice and then puts it down and throws it away later.

I can't give cards to people like that who don't appreciate them.so no hand made cards for them.

I also have a small album that I bought just to put special cards in like any special kind of technique cards for later referance.I find myslef looking at them every day.I say o.k. which technique can I do today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 03:47 PM   #97  
Compulsive Stamper

Default spreading the joy

I love parting with my cards. In fact, I give a small bundle of them with every gift. Mother's Day this year is a small suitcase FILLED with cards of all variety. I scan them first and keep a picture but they are meant to be shared. I love to look at them for a whil but that's why I make them: to spread the joy of stamping, and of giving as a whole...

Suzanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 03:49 PM   #98  
Compulsive Stamper

Default one more thing.....

Is there anything cooler than mailing one of your cards to someone and then visiting their house (unannounced) and finding YOUR CARD prominently displayed on their mantle or fridge? That is a GREAT feeling.

That is why I love making cards.....

Suzanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 04:31 PM   #99  
Polyshrink Goddess

I make two. One for them and one for me. If I really like it I might make four and give one to my downline and one to my upline.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 04:50 PM   #100  
Pearl-ExPert

I always make more than one card at a time and usually keep one for myself so I can remember how to make more in the future. I do give them away to deserving people too. I have 6 teachers on my grade level at work and we needs cards for everything- baby showers, sympathy, encouragement, thanks, etc. My teammates always go wild when they see my cards and totally ooooh and ahhhh over them, which is great! I also figure it's good for business to get my cards out there. They're stamped on the back with my name.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 06:02 PM   #101  
Polyshrink Goddess

I usually make cards with a specific destination in mind, so yes, I do send them. I sometimes make duplicates to have on hand and there are a few that I always skip over when looking for cards to send because I just can't part with them. But, only a few.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 11:35 PM   #102  
Matboard Maniac

I do send the cards that I do make as that is my intention. I usually make a copy of the card that I am making to keep for myself and then everything is sent out.

I am in quite a few rak lists and then I also send cards to my customers as well. So I am always mailing out my cards or giving them to someone.

I hope this helps!

Nicole
The Angel Company Demonstrator #1260
Team Leader of The Elegant Diva Stamp Angels!
Email
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 08:44 AM   #103  
Gallery Gazer

Scan and send! So I have a copy and recipe to refer back to if I want to make the same card. I used to keep them, but it feels so much better to give them away. I usually make cards to go out as needed and also make some for challenges just for fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 09:24 AM   #104  
Insane Embellisher

Didn't read this whole thread but hubby was just telling me the other day that I never mail out anything and that I just like making stuff. I quickly set him straight, I have mailed out about 30 of the 5 billion cards I have made! YUP I sure did!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 09:42 AM   #105  
Inking Addict

Default cards

I usually make at least 2 of each card I make. One to keep and one to send at least one. Then once I have gotten over mysef....I send that one later. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 12:43 PM   #106  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile Sure!

I find it easier to design a card around the person so I always have a someone in mind when I make a card. Then of course, it only makes sense to send the card since it was really made for them! I don't have any stash :( but I'm trying to get ahead of the game and I do take a picture (or rather pictures since I tend to carry the theme to every page of the card and envelope).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2005, 01:55 AM   #107  
Rubber Obsessor

For specific occasions I try to make a speical card just for the person. The one I made for my boyfirends birthday last year I worked on for a week! It turned out *great* though, one of the best things I've ever made. I think something special happens when you infuse your caring for a specific person with your creativity.

I also make cards just to make 'em. To try out new stamps and techniques and colors. No specific recipient in mind. I use those for last minute birthdays and thank-yous, etc. Mostly for folks I know less well.

I have a little love affair with everything I make - I'm just so tickled with how good it turned out I want to keep it myself and look at it forever!! But people are *so* appreciative when they get them and seem to treaure them so much it's positive reinforcement for giving them away.

Lately I've started scanning stuff. I wish I had started that earlier, so I could remember how I made some of my fave pieces I no longer have!! I have never made duplicate cards, but after reading this thread, I think I'll start!
Reply With Quote Likes