Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Do I want to be a SU demonstrator?

So... I'm wondering if it would be worth it to become a SU demonstrator. I LOVE the products but I can't imagine doing the workshops or selling to others. So if I became a demonstrator with no intention to sell to other people, would it be worth it? Are the discounts based on the amount of product you sell? Do they have demonstrator only sales? What's the scoop? I'd appreciate it if someone could explain the ins and outs of being a demonstrator.

Thanks so much!!:-D

Angela a.k.a. PuppyDogGrins
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

From what I understand as long as you make the quarterly quote you are still allowed to get the discount. If you are like most of us you can probably make the quote on your own each quarter. I am not a SU demo but when I was looking into being a demo this is what I was told, I decided not to become a demo, 1st because I have most of the items that come in the deom kit and I didn't want to get duplicates, and 2nd my SU demo is fantastic and is really good to me. I did sign up as a CTMH consultant so that I can have the best of both companies, as well as all the online stores that I go to. HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I signed up for the discount and I'm still a demo after 6 years!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You don't have to sell or hold workshops if you dont want to as long as you meet your minimums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2008, 05:22 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

I signed up for the discount, had some stampin' friends over to stamp, they started to order from me and the rest is history. Find a demo you can talk to as I am sure you will have many questions once you start talking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2008, 06:29 PM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Your only requirement is that you sell $300 per quarter (which I can easily do myself LOL!!!) - you get 20% instant income from all sales, including your own purchases, volume rebates depending on how much you sell, the opportunity to pre-order some items from the new catalogs approx 4-6 weeks before general release and this year (being SU's 20th anniversary) we get an extra discount on the stamp sets featured in the pre-order mini catalogs (we also get our 20% discount as well on these)...you get 30% off of your first order of $150+ that you place in your first 45 days of demoship...there are lots more great reasons...definitely worth checking it all out :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2008, 06:35 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I really would like to be a demo but I don't think I could meet the minimun quarterly myself (well I'm sure I actually could but then I may not be able to pay rent, haha). I'd like it for the discount but to hold workshops as well...BUT I don't know many people who either don't have a demo already or who like to stamp and would spend money on it. So I'm holding off for now...maybe I'll meet a rich guy who'll pay the rent for me one day, hahahahaha. Wish I could be a demo now but I just don't think it's a good time for me with trying to save to buy a house sometime and what-not. Just my 2-cents anyway. Good luck if you do decide to sign up!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #8  
BA
Polyshrink Goddess

willsygirl gave you the gist of it. Again, you do not have to hold workshops but maybe you have a few friends that would be willing to purchase once a month from you. If so, place all the orders together to help with shipping costs and who knows, they may be large enough to get hostess benefits!

If you are seriously considering it, I would recommend talking to your current demo about it. Ask all your questions. Don't have a regular demo now? Go to the Stampin' Up! website and do a demo search. Find a couple near you and email them asking them questions or maybe attend one of their classes to see if they are knowledgeable. When you sign up under a current demo that person becomes your upline and hopefully will help you in your business or meet with you once in a while to encourage you or teach you new things.

When I signed up 5.5 years ago I didn't want to do workshops either! Now I'm doing several classes and business is taking off...who knew?

Hope this helps in your decision!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I think signing up to be a demonstrator is a pretty personal question and really depends on your situation and your goals.

If you regularly spend a lot on your crafting supplies and could meet the minimum sales requirements each quarter on your own, you definitely want to be a demonstrator to receive discounts and all the additional perks of being a demo. The only thing higher sales will do for a demo is to increase your volume rebate (income) from your business. Otherwise, all demos get the 20% discount/instant income on purchases regardless if you're a "hobby" demo or a serious business-minded one with high volume sales.

I love being a demonstrator! I can't meet the minimums myself so I do hold classes 1-2 times a month and am working on starting a club right now, but part of the reason I wanted to be a demo was to meet more people that enjoy stamping and make some new friends. I also like being one of the first to know about new stuff coming out and being able to preorder stamp sets to demo with. To me it's definitely worth being a demo, to someone else they might feel it's easier just to order occasionally through someone else rather than worry about meeting minimums. That's where the personal situation factors in and what your goals are in becoming a demo. A lot of demos are their own best customers anyways!

Always happy to answer questions about being a SU! demo, if you have more questions.

Last edited by avonlea; 12-02-2009 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: removed "PM me" reference; let's keep topic public =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 01:52 AM   #10  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I signed up for the discount and now hold a quarterly either Stamp-n-Stack or an Open House and that makes my minimums easily!! I don't do in home workshops!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 04:34 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

I have a question about being a Demonstrator for Stampin' Up products.

I have a Consultant and make purchases from her in rather sizeable quantities. (I'm sure I make her quarterly minimums for her.) If I were to become a Demonstrator, wouldn't that get her a bit POed at me since I would be taking away a good portion of her sales?

Also do you have to sign up under someone as your Upline? I know more about stamping/card making than the Consultant I purchase from now. So I really doubt there is anything should could tell me. Besides, why would she want to encourage me for selling if I am taking my business away from her? No, I don't mean I would be taking away other customers she has. I am her best customer!

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 04:47 AM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post

I have a Consultant and make purchases from her in rather sizeable quantities. (I'm sure I make her quarterly minimums for her.) If I were to become a Demonstrator, wouldn't that get her a bit POed at me since I would be taking away a good portion of her sales?

Also do you have to sign up under someone as your Upline? I know more about stamping/card making than the Consultant I purchase from now. So I really doubt there is anything should could tell me. Besides, why would she want to encourage me for selling if I am taking my business away from her? No, I don't mean I would be taking away other customers she has. I am her best customer!

Patti
Yes, you have to sign up under an upline. She would get a certain percentage of your sales each month as long as she sells at least $300 per month. I would discuss it with her. She may lose in the short term, but in the long term, it is good to recruit and advance in the company.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 04:53 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ended my demoship (for the 2nd time!).

I signed up during a promotion period when the cost was less and I could get extra product. I then used my 30% off my first order to stock up on consumables like paper, etc. I traded the business supplies to another demo for new product. Signing up during a promotion is a great way to get a ton of product for a relatively small amount of investment.

However, I was not prepared to spend $300 a quarter ($100 a month). I usually only buy clear sets or super special single wood mounted and SU's wood mounted sets are getting pricey.

That said, one of the plusses to being a demo is that -- if you limit your purchases to SU -- you will probably spend less in the long run. So, if SU went to clear stamps, I'd probably go back (not to start a war on THAT subject...just saying...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 04:56 AM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppydoggrinsView Post
So... I'm wondering if it would be worth it to become a SU demonstrator. I LOVE the products but I can't imagine doing the workshops or selling to others. So if I became a demonstrator with no intention to sell to other people, would it be worth it? Are the discounts based on the amount of product you sell? Do they have demonstrator only sales? What's the scoop? I'd appreciate it if someone could explain the ins and outs of being a demonstrator.

Many demos join just to get the discount. If you go one step further and collect a few orders from friends each quarter, you can even pay for your hobby. We also get a monthly idea magazine and access to more resources on the SU website. And once in a while SU sends us all a free stamp set or other surprise. The extra discount on demo preorders from the minicatalogs and samplers has also been a great perk as mentioned above. It's also fun to attend SU events such as Regionals or Convention and other demo gatherings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #15  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I just ended my demoship (for the 2nd time!).

I signed up during a promotion period when the cost was less and I could get extra product. I then used my 30% off my first order to stock up on consumables like paper, etc. I traded the business supplies to another demo for new product. Signing up during a promotion is a great way to get a ton of product for a relatively small amount of investment.

However, I was not prepared to spend $300 a quarter ($100 a month). I usually only buy clear sets or super special single wood mounted and SU's wood mounted sets are getting pricey.

That said, one of the plusses to being a demo is that -- if you limit your purchases to SU -- you will probably spend less in the long run. So, if SU went to clear stamps, I'd probably go back (not to start a war on THAT subject...just saying...)
I am going to interupt the SU demo question for a minute.

If you like the clear stamps and want to be able to get them at a discount why not sign up with CTMH so that you can get the best of both worlds. CTMH has some great clear stamps and they have great consultant discounts. If you are interested try the Close to My Heart site and find out more info and find a consultant close to you. Just a though.

Now back to the SU demo questions.

By the way I love using SU products so don't think that I am trying to sway any one away from SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:06 AM   #16  

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post

I was concerned about the same thing as I was my demo's best customer and regularly placed big orders. But then I realised that I didnt always receive the hostess benefits that I should have done for my orders etc - and I found that I knew more about the promotions and specials that she did - so eventually I decided that I would do the best thing for me (and not worry so much about my demo getting all my benefits LOL) and sign up myself and reap all of the benefits that I was entitled to and what started out as a personal ordering thing turned into a business thing as I found out that I absolutely I LOVE being a demo :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 08:26 AM   #17  
Kookie Creator

A demo looking at the short-term might be reluctant to sign up their best customer as their profitability goes down with the loss of sales. We also don't earn commissions on starter kits. However, thinking long-term if you build a successful downline you can increase your profitability and strengthen your business if you're of a mind to. I think building relationships is the cornerstone to Stampin' Up! whether those relationships are with customers or with future downlines and friends.

If someone was truly interested in becoming a demonstrator, even if they were my best customer...I wouldn't turn them down! It really boils down to SU! Statement of the Heart...

"To love what we do and share what we love,
as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments . . .
in this we make a difference!"

It's all about sharing what we love and I love being a demonstrator! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 08:36 AM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

I am so glad that someone posted about this topic...I too am interested in possibly becoming a demonstator and I too have a demo that is very sweet, but really doesn't keep up with promotions or specials or her own blog...plus I don't think she has anyone in her downline...I am nervous that if I was in her downline that she would possibly neglect me, not on purpose but because she doesn't have a lot of experience with it...What should I do...does anyone know any good demos in the Florida Panhandle??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 08:56 AM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks with TapeView Post
I am so glad that someone posted about this topic...I too am interested in possibly becoming a demonstator and I too have a demo that is very sweet, but really doesn't keep up with promotions or specials or her own blog...plus I don't think she has anyone in her downline...I am nervous that if I was in her downline that she would possibly neglect me, not on purpose but because she doesn't have a lot of experience with it...What should I do...does anyone know any good demos in the Florida Panhandle??

The moderators ask that if your are ISO a demonstrator that you contact the company directly. THere is a demo finder at www.stampinup.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 09:15 AM   #20  
Kookie Creator

I am not sure if anyone else brought this up but one thing you want to think about is if you will have guilt, or trouble buying other products from other companies if you are an SU demo. I found that I was finding so many other things I wanted from other companies that I just didn't want to spend any more money with SU for I had a lot and it all started getting repetative to me. I really felt like I couldn't spend extra elsewhere for I had to make sure I got my minimum in with SU first. I also couldn't use those things in workshops or camps either. I finally dropped SU and actually have not regretted it. I am having a lot more fun with the endless options elsewhere.

That being said, they are a great company and I think they treat their demo's extremely well. At $300 a quarter, it became an issue with me to spend that much if none of my friends ordered. After many years, I needed my freedom! No regrets though for it helped me build my collection quickly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

As you think about becoming a Demo what you really need to decide is what is best for 'you'. If you have a demo you purchase from now that neglects you - research and find another. You need to be comfortable with who you sign up under. They really don't have any control over your demo business but they can be an asset. Everyone likes to have someone cheering for you and giving advice, tips, and showing you the ropes. It is helpful. But you don't need it to succeed. There are other ways to get all that - there is a demo side to this site, sudsol.com is a Demo site that is awesome, and Stampin' Up! is very helpful. They have a Demo side to their Stampinup.com site that is very helpful and Demo support is also very helpful. SO there is support you can get from a multitude of places. Also know your Upline doesn't even have to be in the same state as you!
Just make sure you are making the right choice for yourself and your family.

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Question about the $100 a month you need to spend to be a hobby demo. With the 20% discount, does this mean you really only need to spend $80 a month? And if it is every 3 months, can you wait a month and spend $150, get 20% off (so it would be $120) and get a hostess set? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 09:35 AM   #23  
Insane Embellisher

Yes the $300 is before the discount. So no matter how you divide it up in the 3 months whether it is $100 a month or $150 for 2 months - you will get your 20% off. So it would actually be $240 for 3 months.

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

Your sales goal is $300 per quarter. That being said it is based on the amount before your 20% is deducted so yes if you spend the $300 yourself it would only cost you $240/per quarter.

Just not enough time in the day to do
everything that I love to do
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 09:48 AM   #25  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblesistersmomView Post
Question about the $100 a month you need to spend to be a hobby demo. With the 20% discount, does this mean you really only need to spend $80 a month? And if it is every 3 months, can you wait a month and spend $150, get 20% off (so it would be $120) and get a hostess set? Thanks!
It is $300 in product totals. That is before the discount however where I live sales tax is 7.5% so with that and the shipping charges it would end up being prettty close to that $300 again.

Also as far as the starter kit goes you can trade out the stamp sets for ones of equal value and you can change the colors of the ink pads if you have those already so you can cut down on duplicate products.

I don't do in home workshops but instead have a club and occasionally will have a class. You really can run your business in many different ways depending on how much work you want to put into it.

My teeny, tiny, someday it might be a GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 09:50 AM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

Oh and just make sure you sign up under someone that will help you with your business and if you want to grow will be there to help & support you. I signed up under a friend (another direct sales co.) and am very disappointed because I never got the support from her. So make sure you do your homework on who you sign up under. You may not think it matters but if you know more than her now you are already beyond where she is. You may need to go to some other classes to find a demo that you can learn from.

Just not enough time in the day to do
everything that I love to do
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 09:59 AM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

As a demo, you can wait until the end of the quarter and place a $300 order and your minimums would be covered.

I am in TN with a 9.75% tax rate so mine is always almost exactly $300 even with the discount after tax and shipping are added in.

I say go for it if you know you will spend it anyway. You might as well get a discount for it.

Also, I NEVER feel guilty when I buy from other companies. Even as a demo, I find it incredibly unrealistic to only buy from one single company. I understand SU doesn't offer everything so I buy from many other companies as well. Some demos are 100% SU loyal, but that only makes sense to me if you are truly just running a business and not just enjoying your hobby. I wouldn't just buy one brand of clothing, one brand of food, etc. so one brand of stamping supplies doesn't make sense to me. But I'll admit, I only use SU inks because they are the best
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by thescrapmasterView Post
after tax and shipping are added in.
I was going to add in the part about remembering the tax and shipping, but you said it already.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 03:07 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Now you guys really have me thinking about doing this. I have to ponder for a while because I know two other demos and everyone I know who stamps buys from them. I think I spend that much myself here and there, but am not sure. I'll have to look at my receipts.

Funny - I just looked at the demo supply list this morning and see that there is a wheel on there. I just sold all my regular size wheels and handle (I had a lot of wheels!) because I NEVER used them. I could never get them to turn out the way I liked. I still have and use my jumbo wheels but those little ones just don't do it for me. However, it is a small part of the package so I could just give them away if I decide to do it.

Is there a better time to sign up? Like during Sellabration maybe?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 03:37 AM   #30  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Now you guys really have me thinking about doing this. I have to ponder for a while because I know two other demos and everyone I know who stamps buys from them. I think I spend that much myself here and there, but am not sure. I'll have to look at my receipts.

Funny - I just looked at the demo supply list this morning and see that there is a wheel on there. I just sold all my regular size wheels and handle (I had a lot of wheels!) because I NEVER used them. I could never get them to turn out the way I liked. I still have and use my jumbo wheels but those little ones just don't do it for me. However, it is a small part of the package so I could just give them away if I decide to do it.

There is usually a promotion during Saleabration (Feb/March). But then you would miss out on the extra 20% off of Preorders from the Spring/Summer Preview that we get in December.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 05:59 AM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppydoggrinsView Post

I love being a demo. You get a min. of 20% off (more based on sales), and this year demos get an extra 20% off preorder stamp sets. So not only do you get the new product faster you get it much cheaper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Skype™ to jeannie barron

O.K. how do you go about looking into who would be a great upline? If your looking outside your area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 03:38 PM   #33  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I think there have been two occassions in the past few years where you would receive an entire color family of full sized ink pads ($60ish value) if you signed up. Now, we have no way of knowing if they will offer that again, or when, but I know I was a little disappointed when this was offered a few months after I had signed up. I would have been happy to wait to sign up.

Also, you have the remainder of the quarter you sign up plus the your first full quarter to make the $300 quarterly minimum, so I think it is always better to sign up in January, April, July or October. I recommend October, because then your first full quarter period encompasses Sell-a-bration, which has typically been in January or February. I think there is some bonus for signing up during SAB as well, a free SAb set or something, as well as bonuses for your uplines if you sign up then.

Good luck with your decision, either way,enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #34  

if you can meet your own minumums, go for it. You may easily find that you might want to host a class once in a blue moon. You just never know. But to start, definitely check if you can do it on your own!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks with TapeView Post
well, like Kim said, definitely check out the stampin up website to find a demo in your area. When you see the list, ask them questions and meet with them! It's the best way to find out if your personalities match not to mention business practices.

I would, though, talk to your first demo. Find out why she doesn't know much about the promo's. It could be that she's simply not effectively communicating them, rather than not being aware of them. I do know that since the new catty, there has been quite a bit of things to keep track of. If you're not someone who stays on top of it and check out the Stampin' up website, it's easy to miss something. Plus, the demo forums here help keep me abreast of everything too!!

Another thing, you may not need an upline as a support person. I have an upline, like every other SU demo, but she's strictly hobby. So, she offers me no support whatsoever. I'm fine with that, after all, I chose to sign up under her. For me, it worked better not to have someone else hound me about what I am or am not doing (uplines can see your monthly sales -- not product or customer information, just totals). I find that I can learn all that I need and want from a combination of SU's resources as well as SCS. There are so many fantabulous demo's sharing a plethora of ideas in the demo forums right here!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 05:43 PM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeannie barronView Post
O.K. how do you go about looking into who would be a great upline? If your looking outside your area.
My upline is in New Hampshire and I am in TN. It doesn't really make a difference where your upline is if they are online often. The best advice for finding a good upline is seeing how often they update their blogs (if they have one), how active they are on the forum, and if you find someone who you think could be a good match, ask them some questions and see how long it takes for them to respond. Make sure you feel comfortable with them before you sign up with them.

I don't want to really admit this since my upline is on here too, but I kindof "tested" her before I signed up with her. I asked her a bunch of questions and she was more than helpful & I felt like I could trust her and count on her, so I signed up with her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 05:45 PM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, and I don't get hounded either about sales, I would hate that! I mean, I want to sell stuff, but I am in it for friendships and fun too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 04:21 AM   #37  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by thescrapmasterView Post
My upline is in New Hampshire and I am in TN. It doesn't really make a difference where your upline is if they are online often. The best advice for finding a good upline is seeing how often they update their blogs (if they have one), how active they are on the forum, and if you find someone who you think could be a good match, ask them some questions and see how long it takes for them to respond. Make sure you feel comfortable with them before you sign up with them.

I don't want to really admit this since my upline is on here too, but I kindof "tested" her before I signed up with her. I asked her a bunch of questions and she was more than helpful & I felt like I could trust her and count on her, so I signed up with her.
First I wanted to say good luck in your decision to all of those who are considering signing up! I decided 2 yrs ago just because my demo wasn't providing the support I wanted and now I have a pretty good business (nothing HUGE, but it pays for my addiction! LOL)

Second, I wanted to respond to the quote above. This is not necessarily a good indication as to how good an upline someone would be. I don't regularly update my blog (I try, but life seems to slip in!), but I think I'm a decent upline to my 2 downline!

Last edited by avonlea; 12-02-2009 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: removed "PM me" reference; let's keep topic public =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 05:41 AM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Location: Somewhere between here and there and enjoying the journey!

Jumping in to add my thoughts here. I'm another example of someone who joined four years ago to get the discount, and I have had no active upline. I love having a meeting once or twice a month with my local stamping friends, and they help keep my business going. I learned to blog last year, and find it a great way to flourish creatively and challenge myself, and make lots of friends too!

What are you looking for in an upline - is it someone to inspire you artistically as you enjoy your hobby, or someone to help you get a good start on your business? Ideally, an upline should do both, but I think it is most important for you to figure out whether your main focus is as a hobby or a business demo and base your decision on that. Do you want to stamp/chat with a live person or do you enjoy spending time online to get ideas and inspiration? Ask these questions of yourself, and don't be hesitant to ask them of anyone you consider for an upline.

You are doing the right thing sorting these things out in your mind first. I think finding the right person to sign up under will come easily after that! You are about to dive into a wonderful adventure
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 07:26 AM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

I've been thinking about becoming a CTMH consultant so this thread has been interesting to me. Does anyone know if CTMH has quarterly minimums? I like SU too, but I know a lot of demo's in our area, plus I love the UM stamps by CTMH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 12:43 PM   #40  
Kookie Creator

Default Thanks

Wow! What a response. Thank you so much for all the input and info everyone!

Angela

Angela a.k.a. PuppyDogGrins
Reply With Quote Likes