Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Monogram question

Hi,

I bought the monogram sets meaning the old times roman and the curlz fonts. I did buy the kit for 38.99 but I have not recieved it yet.

My problem is what circle punch size do you use to cut out the monograms? Does stampin up sell the size needed? I have all the stampin up circles and got a sneak peak at the catalog and seen there is new circle punches but not sure if that the correct size.

I'm also wondering how you get two diffrent colors and still manage to stamp the monograms in another color.

thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by tncduranView Post
Hi,

I bought the monogram sets meaning the old times roman and the curlz fonts. I did buy the kit for 38.99 but I have not recieved it yet.

My problem is what circle punch size do you use to cut out the monograms? Does stampin up sell the size needed? I have all the stampin up circles and got a sneak peak at the catalog and seen there is new circle punches but not sure if that the correct size.

I'm also wondering how you get two diffrent colors and still manage to stamp the monograms in another color.

thanks
I would like to know this, too...
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 11:21 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

the SU 1 3/8 circle punch is just a little too small in order to punch with the border circle...

BUT they have a new bigger punch and I would bet that would work...(I am not at home so I can't check it out)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 12:09 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Creative Memories circle cutting system and use the middle-sized template with the blue cutter. Then I mat it on a scalloped circle cut from a Nestabilities die (using a Cuttlebug). I really love the monogram kit and look forward to making sets of 8 notecards for Christmas gifts. I saw Laurie Schmidlin's beautiful cards using BasicGrey DP and I was sold! Her blog is called Just Give Me Stamps.

Wanda Cullen ~ Dirty Dozen Alumni, On design team for Papertrey Ink, Designer for Color Throwdown and Fusion Card Challenges Cullen-ary Creations[/URL]...my blog HERE'S MY GALLERY[/URL]

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 12:17 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Smile perfect circles for Just Rite monograms

There is a 1 11/16 (yes, I know that's a weird size) circle punch from mcgill that is the perfect size to punch out the monograms with the border. Try frantic fran's website. I'm pretty sure she has it. I've ordered from her & she is great.

Also, I just discovered this week that the Whale of a Punch circle also fits perfectly. It is just a hair larger than the mcgill punch.

If you'd like to layer onto a slightly larger circle, the 1 7/8 paper studio punch from hobby lobby works well; as does the 2" scalloped circle from Paper Shapers.

All of this from a person who also owns the circle nesties and the creative memories circle cutter!! Well, a girl can never have enough punches, etc!!

I'm a big, big fan of the Just Rite monogram stampers!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 12:17 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

You get two colors by using the two color ink pad. You add ink to the pad with reinkers...Clear as mud right! :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

For two colors, I'd probably use markers or careful placement of chalk ink--off of cat's eye pads. However, I should say, I do not have the self-inking system. All of my just rite monogram stampers are wood mount. For me, that is the way to go!! More money for upcoming accessories that way
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2008, 05:11 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincistamperView Post
There is a 1 11/16 (yes, I know that's a weird size) circle punch from mcgill that is the perfect size to punch out the monograms with the border. Try frantic fran's website. I'm pretty sure she has it. I've ordered from her & she is great.

Also, I just discovered this week that the Whale of a Punch circle also fits perfectly. It is just a hair larger than the mcgill punch.

If you'd like to layer onto a slightly larger circle, the 1 7/8 paper studio punch from hobby lobby works well; as does the 2" scalloped circle from Paper Shapers.

All of this from a person who also owns the circle nesties and the creative memories circle cutter!! Well, a girl can never have enough punches, etc!!

I'm a big, big fan of the Just Rite monogram stampers!!
JustRite recommends the Nestabilities as they are a perfect fit. However, the punches listed above work well. On the JustRite blog www.justritestampers.blogspot.com there is a tutorial using Nestabilites and The Paper Studio punches. I am anxious to see if the new SU punch fits...that would be nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2008, 05:13 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by stigmom6View Post
You get two colors by using the two color ink pad. You add ink to the pad with reinkers...Clear as mud right! :confused:
Yes, for two color stamping with the self inking stamper there is a two color ink pad with a barrier that keeps the inks from bleeding together. If you are using a wooden block then you will need to use markers or a smaller pad such as Brillance Dew Drops.
Reply With Quote Likes