Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-28-2005, 03:21 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Disappointed with Viking

I know we all love viking for the great prices on mono, so I passed the word on to my friend.

She wanted to order some because she was almost out. I told her what a great deal it was, how it came so fast, a great 20% coupon, etc.

So, I created an account for her (her internet was down) and keyed in her order, got a pop-up for the coupon, and placed the order a few weeks ago. Last week I found out that she still had not gotten her order. She called Viking yesterday and they said that the order was cancelled. She said she never cancelled it and they offered no explaination. They overnighted it to her and it came today, but no 20% off. They said the coupon code expired, but it was THEIR fault. They didn't offer her anything as an appology and simply didn't do anything to make it right.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2005, 07:35 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's amazing. I have such good service from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2005, 07:45 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've had nothing but a great experience from them... I ordered mono and they accidently sent a couple of correction tapes with the order... I called and the next day I had my missing mono adhesive refills and they let me keep the correction tapes....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2005, 07:49 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

I would try and call again. Maybe you got the only mean person there. I have always had wonderful service whenever I have called, and I have called for every order. They have done everything to make me happy. Try again, don't let it drop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2005, 07:59 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

The orders are getting cancelled due to PF (possible fraud). Apparently there are companies out there that you can subscribe to (and pay for) that will send you discount codes for different companies. When Viking finds out which codes are being used, they start cancelling the orders using those codes. So, when I asked my friendly service rep from Viking if it was okay to use the codes found here, she said go ahead if it will work. But they can get in trouble for overriding when it doesn't work right away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2005, 01:58 AM   #6  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I think Viking will be doing something different with their codes now IMO. I think they caught on to this site, and all the "sharing" we do with each other and will be redoing the code thing in the near future :(
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2005, 02:26 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kar
I think Viking will be doing something different with their codes now IMO. I think they caught on to this site, and all the "sharing" we do with each other and will be redoing the code thing in the near future :(
They have had the ability to limit codes, just like Amazon does with "personal" codes but it was their choice not too. I'm sorta tired of these companies moaning and groaning about coupon codes and doing absolutely nothing about it. This type of use isn't new!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2005, 02:31 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Re: Disappointed with Viking

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinshauna
I know we all love viking for the great prices on mono, so I passed the word on to my friend.

She wanted to order some because she was almost out. I told her what a great deal it was, how it came so fast, a great 20% coupon, etc.

So, I created an account for her (her internet was down) and keyed in her order, got a pop-up for the coupon, and placed the order a few weeks ago. Last week I found out that she still had not gotten her order. She called Viking yesterday and they said that the order was cancelled. She said she never cancelled it and they offered no explaination. They overnighted it to her and it came today, but no 20% off. They said the coupon code expired, but it was THEIR fault. They didn't offer her anything as an appology and simply didn't do anything to make it right.
Did they tell her when she spoke with them what the final cost due to them was? Did they use the same confirmation number as the first order that was cancelled?

If you saved her receipt for her when you put the cancelled order through and they didn't tell her when she called to inquire what the "new" price was I would make sure to tell that to Viking and if that doesn"t work she can complain to her CC company.

Good luck!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2005, 08:22 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

I had no idea coupon codes were just for a select few -- so those emails I get from Joann's or when I see the coupon codes pop up for JcPenny or such those are just for select few? That is ridiculous. I think if you are offering a code on the internet, it should be for anyone that uses it. If you want to offer select discounts for certain customers, there should be something added to those customers accounts!

Back to original post -- that is bad customer service from Viking -- to just up and cancel the order, I am sorry but that is inexcusable. They should be called on that, what the heck? A simple email stating that they couldn't honor the coupon code, did you still want the order, would have been at least something. I just don't understand why they have the codes if they have special rules for them -- now I can understand one per order, but really now.

I hope you or your friend can call back and get them to be a little more understanding with their policy!
Reply With Quote Likes