Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:33 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Digital Prejudice?

Do you feel that some stampers turn up their noses at digital images and don't consider it 'stamping' if you use them?
IMO they are the wave of the future and I'm totally hooked! I still love many of my UM rubber images, but I love the fact that I can store a ton of digitals on one little flash drive. No cling mount or stamp storage containers to buy, perfect images every time, and little or no cost per image...how can you beat that?!
What's your take on this new twist to card-making?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 08:40 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I have some digital images. I like the fact of easy storage. Wow, would my craft room ever shrink if I only did digital. But it is a new technology, and new means change. Change is always different and hard for many, remember when computers first came out, people were scared of them. They were scared of losing thier jobs to a machine. I think that after a while some may take more of an interest in digital images. I have seen many new and up and coming designers out there. There is a lot of good talent. Stamping, is soothing, it takes the mind off the daily grind. Without stamping, it is just plain old coloring and for a lot of people, me included, that is not what they are looking for. This is just my 2 cents on the take of things.

Have a happy stamping day or digital day, whatever floats your boat!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 08:43 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am having a hard time with it...it just doesnt seem the same as stamping an image. That being said..there are some amazing images out there and beautiful cards made with them. I personally dont have any clue where to start if I did want to use a digital/clip art type image...I mean regular printer ink or special ink? And then there is the paper...maybe one day I will explore it further.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 08:49 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If I had a superiour printer with superiour ink I would love them too. Right now I have to go through a lot of hassle to force my printer to accept PTI's 110 lb paper. And my printer ink smears if I try to sponge or watercolour it. Argh!!!

As for the other issue - some stampers might not consider it "stamping" but would still use them. I don't consider it stamping but would have no problem using digital images - I have used them in the past actually.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 08:56 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

thank you for posting this, so true!
It does bother people that right away people are okay in posting negative comments on things other people like to do.
I never post any negative comments on certain techniques that are not for me, but I do comment on how beautiful it looks.
new things will come out all the time, and even though it might not be for us, doesn't mean we can be so negative about it. If its not your style than its okay, but don't make other people feel that its not okay for them to do it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:01 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfunView Post
thank you for posting this, so true!
It does bother people that right away people are okay in posting negative comments on things other people like to do.
I never post any negative comments on certain techniques that are not for me, but I do comment on how beautiful it looks.
new things will come out all the time, and even though it might not be for us, doesn't mean we can be so negative about it. If its not your style than its okay, but don't make other people feel that its not okay for them to do it
I, in no way or means meant to post a negative comment. I was simply stating fact...that change is hard for some people. That is all. I have done some beautiful work with digital images also, I just sometimes prefer to pick up my stamps and ink them up. Sorry if I offended you in any way. That was not my intention at all. I have never posted a negative comment on this Forum, nor would I ever think to do so. I hope this sets things right with us.

Have a happy stamping day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:04 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh no, I dont think you posted anything negative ;)
i'm just stating in general, its so sad to see so many negative comments.
And believe me I love any stamps.
I have digi, clear, and rubber. All my favs ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:09 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I absolutely am a HUGE FAN of digital images. It's cut down my cravings for stamps that I couldn't otherwise afford to buy since there are so many freebies out there. I love the fact that you can store them so easily and resize them to your projects as needed. People need to remember that wood mounted and acrylic stamps started out as digital images made into actual stamps you can hold in your hand. Actual stamps, digi stamps - at the end, you still come out with a handmade product. Just like acrylic/unmounted stamps, there is no guessing where you should stamp -it's digital so it is easily resizable which one of my favorite aspects of digital images.

I think like someone already mentioned...it's gaining popularity, but like anything new, it's a big change from using an actual stamp that requires no computer knowledge (just hand eye coordination - LOL) to a digital image and knowing the basics of how to import, print and format the digital images. I, for one, was really excited to find out about digital stamps/images. I have not had a problem printing any of my images on plain ole' Georgia Pacific paper using regular printer ink. I've done watercoloring and have been using prismacolor pencils blended with baby oil and I've had lots of success coloring in my images without any bleeding from the baby oil or much smearing from watercoloring.

Like with anything else, you need to do your homework (like I did when I started stamping) and many people have posted tutorials on the basics of using digital stamps to help you in the process. I have not touched any of my actual stamps since I started working with digital images/stamps (for the last 3-4 months). It's all about getting used to doing something. I, myself, have saved tons of money on just storage, ez mount, etc...It's all great! Plus you get instant gratification because you can get your images via email the same day. I've found some great artists from all over the world (mostly from the UK) with beautiful images and if you purchase, there is no worries about high shipping fees!

I think there is always going to be a love/hate relationship in there somewhere! ;)

Last edited by a1r601; 07-31-2009 at 09:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:17 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriboHeartsView Post
I, in no way or means meant to post a negative comment. I was simply stating fact...that change is hard for some people. That is all. I have done some beautiful work with digital images also, I just sometimes prefer to pick up my stamps and ink them up. Sorry if I offended you in any way. That was not my intention at all. I have never posted a negative comment on this Forum, nor would I ever think to do so. I hope this sets things right with us.

Have a happy stamping day!
Trish: I don't think you posted a negative comment at all...just stated the fact! It's new, it's a big change! Sometimes people stay where they are most comfortable and there is absolutely no problem with that either. One of these days, I hope to ink up some of my stamps again, but as of now, just too addicted to digital images!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:20 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Smile

I absolutely am a HUGE FAN of digital images. It's cut down my cravings for stamps that I couldn't otherwise afford to buy since there are so many freebies out there. I love the fact that you can store them so easily and resize them to your projects as needed. People need to remember that wood mounted and acrylic stamps started out as digital images made into actual stamps you can hold in your hand. Actual stamps, digi stamps - at the end, you still come out with a handmade product. Just like acrylic/unmounted stamps, there is no guessing where you should stamp -it's digital so it is easily resizable which one of my favorite aspects of digital images.

I think like someone already mentioned...it's gaining popularity, but like anything new, it's a big change from using an actual stamp that requires no computer knowledge (just hand eye coordination - LOL) to a digital image and knowing the basics of how to import, print and format the digital images. I, for one, was really excited to find out about digital stamps/images. I have not had a problem printing any of my images on plain ole' Georgia Pacific paper using regular printer ink. I've done watercoloring and have been using prismacolor pencils blended with baby oil and I've had lots of success coloring in my images without any bleeding from the baby oil or much smearing from watercoloring.

Like with anything else, you need to do your homework (like I did when I started stamping) and many people have posted tutorials on the basics of using digital stamps to help you in the process. I have not touched any of my actual stamps since I started working with digital images/stamps (for the last 3-4 months). It's all about getting used to doing something. I, myself, have saved tons of money on just storage, ez mount, etc... (and hubby is liking that I've been light on his wallet - LOL). It's all great! Plus you get instant gratification because you can get your images via email the same day. I've found some great artists from all over the world (mostly from the UK) with beautiful images and if you purchase, there is no worries about high shipping fees!

I think there is always going to be a love/hate relationship in there somewhere! But we are all the same - we do what we love to do and that is to CRAFT! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:22 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think there is always going to be a love/hate relationship in there somewhere! But we are all the same - we do what we love to do and that is to CRAFT!

yup yup ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:28 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

I think the digital stuff is awesome. It is a fun alternative to traditional "stamping." I have stamps that I will keep forever and use forever, but I love using digital, too. You can't have too many fun ways to create, in my opinion!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:48 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

here's my take on digital...it's beautiful...but...it reminds me of using printshop graphics. When I was first stamping...I used printshop all the time. I would use a graphic, print it out the way I want it...color it the way I want it...cut it out and pop it or deco it the way I wanted. It was ages ago...so I have a hard time with the idea that I'm going backwards. To me it's not stamping...stamping is an image stamped in ink. I think it's a great tool. I think digi is beautiful and makes for perfect images. It's a faster way to get a lot of cards done quick and have the right allignment everytime. IMO though...it's not stamping. I think like stamps...it's just an image...it's what we do as artists that make it beautiful. Nobody should have the right to fault you for using a digi image. Just think of yourself as a visual artist.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:58 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Using digital "stamps" or using any kind of clipart isn't stamping. It just isn't. It's making use of a digital image. And there's nothing wrong with it!! I just don't like it being called stamping.

I have a very strong background in computers and the fact that it's digital does not "scare" me in the least.

One reason I'll never be a fan of digital images for cardmaking/crafting is that I love to experiment with different techniques. That's a huge reason I love stamps. I could draw my own images and photocopy or scan them; I have a ton of stamped images sent by friends or traded for. But I don't want to work with preprinted images.... I like to stamp.

I still remember the first time I put stamp to ink pad and then to paper. There was something very satisfying in that experience. Beautiful images from wood-mounted stamps. Beautiful images from clear stamps --- and seeing the ink transfer to the paper, too!!

When I walk into store with stamps, I feel happy. Just like walking into a store with books LOL!! If I have a quick minute before bed, or before running out the door for something, I can stop briefly where I stamp, and sit .... and see the stamps.. see the potential... SEE the art. And it makes me happy.

That's me. There are loads of people who are loving the convenience and ease of digital art and I say, "Go for it!" If that's what floats your boat... it sure isn't going to bother me!! I would prefer you not refer to them as stamps. I won't.

Years ago, I was a technical illustrator. I drew from sketches, from vehicles, from blueprints. Not everyone could do what I could do in that field. When the industry started to shift to computers, I shifted too. To computers actually -- but in a different realm. I would have found no joy in sitting at a desk all day manipulating digital images. This is the same sort of thing.

So... as much as I think it's fine if you like it, I was a little surprised to see the comments that many people who like digital art seem to think that those who don't are afraid of or ignorant of the technology. That is not necessarily the case. Sure... for some yes. But for others, it has more to do with the creative process. And still others may have their own other reasons.

Enjoy your digital art -- as they say: Use 'em if you got 'em, LOL!! I don't think you'd hear much about it from others if you didn't call them stamps ;).

ETA:
P.S. Happy Heart, I've always loved your gallery ~ no matter what kind of images you use, a visit to your gallery is bound to put a smile on my face every time

Last edited by Phantom; 07-31-2009 at 10:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 10:04 AM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

The way I look at it, the act of stamping is actually such a minor part of creating a card when there are so many coloring mediums, layouts, embellishment, and techniques that make paper crafting so creative and rewarding. I think to call it 'just coloring' doesn't take into consideration all the other skills that are involved. To me "just coloring' is the real art in card making, not the two seconds it takes to stamp an image.

Thanks, Phantom, for your kind words about my gallery! I do hope my cards put smiles on people's faces. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

Last edited by Happy Heart; 07-31-2009 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: Additional comment
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 10:07 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy HeartView Post
The way I look at it, the act of stamping is actually such a minor part of creating a card when there are so many coloring mediums, layouts, embellishment, and techniques that make paper crafting so creative and rewarding. I think to call it 'just coloring' doesn't take into consideration all the other skills that are involved. To me "just coloring' is the real art in card making, not the two seconds it takes to stamp an image.
very true!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 10:08 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think there are some lovely images that are digital and WAY beautiful cards folks make with them.

They are just not for me. I want my stamping time to be seperate from my computer time. I guess I'm silly but I still love the magic of inking up a stamp and pressing it to paper and WHAM a perfect image is on there.

I also think it's not "really" stamping. I think it's really cardmaking, really creative, really art, just not really stamping. I mean "digital stamp" is really a cute name for "clip art" and that's ok.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 10:10 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh heavens, I'd not call it "just coloring"!

there is first the skill of getting it to print well on your desired paper.
Then after that you still have ALL the steps of non-digital cardmaking; cutting, coloring, layout, embelishments. Who would say it's "just coloring"

The only thing it's NOT is stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 10:32 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
I think there are some lovely images that are digital and WAY beautiful cards folks make with them.

They are just not for me. I want my stamping time to be seperate from my computer time. I guess I'm silly but I still love the magic of inking up a stamp and pressing it to paper and WHAM a perfect image is on there.

I also think it's not "really" stamping. I think it's really cardmaking, really creative, really art, just not really stamping. I mean "digital stamp" is really a cute name for "clip art" and that's ok.
This is exactly where I am on this issue. I think that stamping and using digital images should both be considered part of paper crafting, but they're two different things, IMO.

I also agree with separating my crafting time from computer time. In fact, when I started scrapbooking about six years ago, DH tried to convince me to just do it on the computer like he does. (he does digital scrapbooking when he gets time) It just didn't satisfy me. I have to feel the stamps and paper and embellies in my hand, I don't want to be clicking images on a computer screen. It's just not what I want.

I really enjoy seeing what people do with digital images, and I don't really care what people call it. To me, it's just a different technique than I do, that's all.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 10:36 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

i think thats where people get confused.
they think we make the card on the computer but we dont, the only thing we do is print the image, and make a card like we would any other card.
we can still do all kinds of techniques, we can even watercolor images.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 10:41 AM   #21  
Hardware Hotshot

MY opinion is that I don't care for digital stamps. To me, it simply isn't stamping, instead it is a different crafting media. Doesn't mean that I turn my noses up at others who choose this media, just that ti isn't my cup of tea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 10:52 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

When you print from the computer does the image bleed when useing markers or watercolor crayons/pencils.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 11:00 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

I print myne on GP cardstock too., its easier.
and I color them wiht watercolor pencils, prismas w/baby oil, and BIc markers.
I have a laser printer, its faster printing and color it in faster.
but before I had an inkjet, I just let the image dry and then color it in, or I would heat set it and then color it in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Do you feel that some stampers turn up their noses at digital images and don't consider it 'stamping' if you use them?
IMO they are the wave of the future and I'm totally hooked! I still love many of my UM rubber images, but I love the fact that I can store a ton of digitals on one little flash drive. No cling mount or stamp storage containers to buy, perfect images every time, and little or no cost per image...how can you beat that?!
What's your take on this new twist to card-making?
Hmmm. Off the top of my head, I don't consider "digital stamps" as anything new or revolutionary--it's just another term for "clip art"; the use of clip art in card making has been around for a long, long time.

I think what many people get hung up has to do with printing an image vs. stamping an image because there is a difference:

Working with clip art is a process that involves a computer and a printer, to whatever degree.

Working with physical stamps is a "hand" or "manual" process.

In either event, both have limitations, and by the same token, both have advantages.

Both can result in beautiful finished works.

As far as the upturned noses, well, being human, we often take our likes and dislikes rather personally, and if someone states they dislike what we like, we sometimes mistakenly interpret that as disapproval, when that's not really the case.

I mean, I like mussels, and I have plenty of friends who have an aversion to 'em, but, they don't disapprove of my liking them. LOL! And, when they crinkle up their noses when my dish arrives at the table, I don't take it personally.

As far as my take, I don't really have one other than that I enjoy using my computer for many, many things, but, I personally prefer to make cards through the process of manually, or "hand" stamping them.

And, I think everybody should just enjoy their paper crafting, no matter which processes they prefer to use in doing it. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 11:39 AM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

Digital scrapbookers have had this same issue for years and in the end, it's preserving your memories that really counts.

In the case of stamping, it's all just ink on paper in the end (digital or rubber), but what you do with that image in the end is what counts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 11:39 AM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Prejudice would be dissing them without trying - I guess there are people who do that and that's a shame. I've worked with digi and I've worked with rubber and clear polymer stamps. I'd choose rubber, then clear and finally digi for any image I'd want to work with. I prefer a real stamp - I don't think that makes me prejudiced, I think it just means I have a preference. I can admire a lovely card without even knowing whether the image is a digi or a stamp, it doesn't really matter if somebody is working with something that makes her happy.

If you're a papercrafter who typically stamps a line art image and colours it in as part of your card making process then digi has a lot to offer. If you're a stamper who likes to play with resist techniques, stamping with acrylic paint or gesso, pressing stamps into polymer clay to make textured surfaces, embossing velvet etc etc then digi is just not going to appeal since you can't do those things with it.

Maybe it depends where you get your kicks with papercrafting. If you enjoy the finished product more than the process of getting there then it probably makes no difference to you whether you're using a digital image or a physical stamp. If you enjoy the process and experimenting with different combinations of elements (inks, papers,paints etc) then you're probably going to feel more affinity with a block in hand. We're all different and it would be nice to celebrate that

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 11:55 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have tried digi stamps but I did not really care for them. I love using an actual stamp and ink.
I will never buy any digi images or anything like that as I would rather spend my money on actaul stamps/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 12:48 PM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

While I love a lot of the digi designs, I have tried them and find they are too much of a hassle for me to want to work with them.

Here's the problems I have with using them:

I have two different brands of inkjet printers and the ink smears with both of them and cardstock doesn't feed through either of the printers very well. (Most brands of inkjet printers use pigment ink which is why it smears. Think of the comments of stampers who use Versafine ink. Same thing with inkjet printers as Versafine.)

I tried heat setting but certain colors still smear, primarily in the yellow or peach shades of SU markers or Copic markers. Only way to get around that problem is to print them out and take them to a copy shop that has a laser copier. I live 25 minutes from the nearest print store so that's not something I would do very often.

Think I will stick with my rubber stamps. I don't have to drive anywhere and I can just ink them up with Memento on any kind of cardstock and color it in with any medium I choose without smearing.

(BTW, I priced Laser printers yesterday and with the costly ink catridges ($53 each) they cost over $200 and only print in black not color so that's not a option for me.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 12:51 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh yea laser toner is pricy, but lasts a very long time!
I dont change mind around every 6 months.
or less if hubby is doing a project or something where he uses it more.

there is colored laser printers now, my bil bought one and its nice, I like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 12:52 PM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post

I liked how you worded this a lot, and just wanted to say I agree. I'm glad that there is a little bit of something for everyone in the crafting world!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 12:54 PM   #31  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfunView Post
i think thats where people get confused.
they think we make the card on the computer but we dont, the only thing we do is print the image, and make a card like we would any other card.
we can still do all kinds of techniques, we can even watercolor images.
I second what Martha said...the only time you are using your computer is to print out a black and white image to "color" in. I've made lots of projects using digital images. I love the fact that you are not confined to just one size of the image since digital images are resizable. Now there are folks who do digi scrapping using digital kits (kits that look like real paper, embellies, etc that is saved on the computer) that is entirely done on the computer and that in itself is whole another can of worms - LOL.

Many of the stampers here on SCS who have gone digital have not entirely thrown away the joy of stamping because, like Happy Heart mentioned, it still involves many aspects of stamping and the end result is a handmade creation. Digital stamps uses printer ink and physical stamps use stamp pad ink and both produce black and white images that needs to be colored.

I guess the BIGGEST difference between the two is that you cannot sell digital images or use them in kits even if they are printed like you can with actual stamps. But they are so affordable anyway...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 01:08 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

For the record I've used them tons. I was on a DT that they were what we had to use. So I know that FOR ME I don't like them.

But yall digi image printers have fun now ya' hear
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #33  
Gabfest Goddess

"I guess the BIGGEST difference between the two is that you cannot sell digital images or use them in kits even if they are printed like you can with actual stamps. But they are so affordable anyway."

I don't think you're allowed to sell plain, uncolored stamp images, either.

For those of you who are having trouble using a water-based medium on your digital images, try hitting the image with a misting of artist's sealer. It will allow you to color it in any manner you choose.

Last edited by Happy Heart; 07-31-2009 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: Additional remark
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 01:16 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I have no interest whatsoever in trying digital images or digital scrapbooking. If others are interested and/or like it, that's fine. I'm not going to campaign against it or anything. I just have no interest at all. I don't think it's necessary to rely on the computer to house all my things. My pictures are there, my music, my documents. I can't touch these things unless I print them. I enjoy touching things and would like to continue doing things with my hands. ;) It's not the same highlighting something with the mouse.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #35  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

"I guess the BIGGEST difference between the two is that you cannot sell digital images or use them in kits even if they are printed like you can with actual stamps. But they are so affordable anyway."

I don't think you're allowed to sell plain, uncolored stamp images, either.

For those of you who are having trouble using a water-based medium on your digital images, try hitting the image with a misting of artist's sealer. It will allow you to color it in any manner you choose.

Someone on another board said you cannot use Copics with a sealer or you will ruin them. Anyone know FOR SURE if a sealer is absolutely safe to use when you plan to color images with Copic markers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 01:54 PM   #36  
Kookie Creator

I love hand stamping but I am enjoying digital stamping/images. I do love that they are resizable and that they can be used in so many ways. I am lucky that my Canon printer ink doesn't smear even with Copics. I print the images on top of my hand stamped images or on special papers to create different techniques. I have even done embossing. I can change the color of the image or reverse it. I can create my own backgrounds by enlarging the image or duplicating it. So yes, it is not hand stamping, but I don't know if it is any less creative.

That said I still buy plenty of rubber and acrylic stamps. It's an addiction what can I say.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 02:09 PM   #37  
Stampin' Fool

I just don't want to have to drag down two flights of stairs to the computer when I want an image. That's also why I don't like printing out sentiments, I want to stamp them.
Then, there is the fact that I can't send cardstock thru our printer and don't like the look of printer paper on a project...

so I don't use clip art much on my cards. If I do want an image, or certain sentiment, I usually print out a page and then end up throwing away the extra. I don't have room for all the extra printed papers hanging around messing up my stamp space.

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 02:15 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

I recently got a nice DELL Color laser printer...I might just give printing one of these a go and putting it on a card for giggles...I guess since I spend so much time on a computer at work all day it is hard for me to want to do it when I get home in the evening...I am always so excited to get to my stamp room...lol
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 02:18 PM   #39  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I can.not.stand. digital stamping! My first time ever trying it was on a design team and I hated it. While I rarely have to do it anymore, I dread it each time.

I would never purchase a digi stamp on my own or choose to use a digi file of my own choice. Never ever ever!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 02:39 PM   #40  
Die Cut Diva

I wanted to find out the correct information so I sent an email to Krylon regarding using their sealers and Copic or any alcohol based markers. I just got a reply from the product specialist at Krylon. She said "I am not sure if it would be safe or not" to use them over the Krylon sealers.

So based on Krylon saying they aren't sure if it would ruin my Copics and a gal from another board telling me it did ruin her Copics, I am going to play it safe and stay away from using sealers under my Copic markers.
Reply With Quote Likes