Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did SU change the Classic Real Red stamp pad?

Are my eyes seeing things, or did SU change the color of the Real Red stamp pad? I purchased my red stamp pad in December. Today a friend of mine received her Real Red stamp pad. The colors are so different! I even put our stamp pads side by side and you can visibly see the difference between the two colors. I double checked and yes, the pads did say that they were real red! The new red is much deeper and prettier. The color is hard to describe but it has a more burgundy tone to it - like a deep red rose? Has anyone purchased a new stamp pad and have you seen a change too?

Anna
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2005, 09:15 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

I don't know about Real Red, but I have a question about Creamy Caramel. I ordered a Creamy Caramel pad a while back, and it is SO much darker than the marker! I can hardly tell the difference between it and Close to Cocoa. Does anyone else think the pad is a lot darker than the marker? Or is it just that I have an old marker, and a new pad, and they have done a color change in between my purchases? Thanks, Ami
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2005, 09:43 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I *hope* that Real Red has changed. . . My Real Red Stampin' Spot is the color that you describe, and I LOVE it. But my Real Red pad--in fact, both my old style and my new style one--are closer to Ruby Red in truth. So is my ink refill, which is also a new style, but close to two years old.

I called DS about the RR variations this week and was told that probably *both* colors are considered acceptable since there is a range of acceptable. I'm ordering a new refill and HOPING that it is the lovely deep crimson that my spot is and that the cardstock is!
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2005, 10:48 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

I received my real red pad at the end of Nov. I think it is the deep very pretty one you are talking about. So is the reinker that I ordered in January. However, I ordered a wheel cartridge and it was closer to ruby red, I double checked like a million times and it was closer to ruby red. Maybe they are changing them. My reinker came in the brights assortment pack - so maybe that is older and the new ones haven't been started yet. i hope not, b/c I didn't like the "rubyish" real red at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 04:29 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the replys - I feel better now that I know my eyes were not tricking me! You know....I've been so worried about being 40 years old and having my eyesight go at this age! :lol:

I really don't know what color I like best - I think I want both of these stamp pad colors. Maybe they need a #1 Real Red and a #2 Real Red!

Anna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 04:57 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

If SU keeps changing the color dye how are we supposed to sell customers on the fact that once they buy a stamp pad, the CS, etc will match. I have 2 different colors of Brocade Blue CS and there is a big difference in the colors. I know SU has a dye lot chart that extends so far on each end of the spectrum, but it really s*cks when you get something from each end of the sprectum!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 05:15 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm with SCSQueenbee2. SU's always big on promoting how their colours match from paper to ink to ribbon to . . . But if there are such big swings in the colour ranges, they are going to loose that unique feature. I wish they'd monitor their colours a little closer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 05:22 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I agree, I wish they would match. I think I remember reading something from SU, though, that says to sell them as "coordinating" rather than "matching" or some such thing since they do allow color variations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 05:36 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

I agree with the big change in some of the colors this year. I ordered eggplant envy card stock (my favorite) and it looks a lot like marvelous magenta. I also received ballet blue that has a lot of lavender in it. My upline also said some of the ink pad colors are different, and if you have old reinkers they will not match some of the new ink pads. I think some of the new colors included brilliant blue, positively pink, creamy carmel, ballet blue, and several others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 05:45 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Honestly, the reason that they matched was the ONLY reason I started to purchase the cardstock from SU!

I noticed that my Brilliant Blue and my demos are different too.

Wish they could get a handle on this and stop the color from drifting so much!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 06:09 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My Brocade Blue Cardstock was totally different in the last pack I received! It was different enough that it made my project and color combo look different.

I do understand dye lots though. The same thing happens with wallpaper fabric etc. Frustrating, but I guess I have to live with it.

Vera
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 06:19 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

I posted this somewhere else too, a customer's brocade blue cartridge was almost bordering blue and she needs them to match too. I called SU and a very nice guy told me that they had some problems last year with the colour being grayer but they have fixed it and he will send out a new one. If it isn't I will get a re-inker and try to fix it. Both of our spots are the same colour, a darker blue
Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes