Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Do you think I am trying to start a war?
Yes 36 34.29%
No 69 65.71%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2006, 10:48 AM   #41  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the demos who are now having customers bring their own adhesive- is this to classes you charge for? I have paid for all my stamp camps and consider adhesive to be part of the materials fee. I guess I wouldn't mind bringing my own, if the price still reflected the materials (and the time to prepare them) that I was getting.

My demo uses duck adhesive rather than SNAIL at her camps- she sets out about 10 of them. She is very open about which products she will buy nothing but SU for and which ones it's okay to substitute, but SU is almost always better for.

Now if you told a customer to bring their own adhesive- how would you feel when they brought a non-SU product? Couldn't you potentially lose a sale because your other customers would see how those adhesives work? It seems extremely restrictive to say they must bring SNAIL.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 10:58 AM   #42  
Mad Swapper

I do understand where JP is coming from. I still remember my very first stamping party, which was SU, and it was the VERY first time I ever stamped. The way the demo acted, I was really embarrassed. She jumped all over my case, from across the room yelling, "no, no, no!!" and litterally took it right out of my hands. Yes, it really happened. Needless to say, she never became my demo.

At my second party, the demo explained right up front about the Snail, how to use it and why I didn't need to "wallpaper" my layers. Ding! the light turned on. She was my demo until she quit last year. It was all in the words and the way it was said.

I understand the demo's concerns, but if the first demo would have handled it differntly and calmly, she would have a very loyal customer to this day.

I am an adhesive junkie, but when I'm using others adhesive, I try to lighten up a bit. Plus, I really prefer double sided tape or the Hermafix. The DST is very reasonable when you buy it in refill form at the Office supply store. Plus I have a couple hours "grace" period with it then its stuck for life!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 10:59 AM   #43  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
For the demos who are now having customers bring their own adhesive- is this to classes you charge for? I have paid for all my stamp camps and consider adhesive to be part of the materials fee. I guess I wouldn't mind bringing my own, if the price still reflected the materials (and the time to prepare them) that I was getting.
Many retail stores require that class participants bring a basic tool kit, which includes their preferred adhesive. It is very common.

I require my class participants to do the same: bring their preferred adhesive, along with other certain basic tools.

Quote:

My demo uses duck adhesive rather than SNAIL at her camps- she sets out about 10 of them. She is very open about which products she will buy nothing but SU for and which ones it's okay to substitute, but SU is almost always better for.

Now if you told a customer to bring their own adhesive- how would you feel when they brought a non-SU product? Couldn't you potentially lose a sale because your other customers would see how those adhesives work? It seems extremely restrictive to say they must bring SNAIL.
I would not and do not tell my customers to bring their own adhesive and then specify which brand or type they are allowed to bring.

Every stamper has a preferred adhesive. There are some who detest SNAIL and refuse to use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:07 AM   #44  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

I now have 3 or 4 different types of adhesives to try! I never thought of double-sided tape. Does it come in different sizes or is it a standard tape width and you just cut it to fit the area you need it for?
I hope that it didn't seem like I was trying to "start" something. I was just stating the 2 different opinions that I have heard.
I guess maybe I should just "lurk" for a while instead of posting, don't want to step on any toes...

Thanks for all the awesome sticky ideas!!
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #45  
Crimping Master

Smile

As a customer, I can tell you that if I had to bring my own adhesive and was told it had to be SNAIL (or any specific one), I would not be attending. I have no problem with bringing my own adhesive ... but, If I'm paying for my own adhesive, it's my choice. If they want to recommend a certain adhesive based on how it works for the project we will be doing (and NOT by how it will affect their sales), then I appreciate that bit of advice, but that's a totally different approach.

I spend a healthy amount of money at any party or class I go to. I find I spend more if I feel like I'm getting really good balance adviced and not having something pushed just because it is an SU product. My demos (I have 2) are really excellent with this. They help me get the best value for the money I spend and I have never spent less because they may have suggested an alternate a non-SU product. It just means I spend that money on something else they got me excited about! By doing this, they have really earned my trust. Now, when they specifically recommend certain products in the catalog, I LISTEN!

"Creativity is a continual surprise" (Ray Bradbury)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:10 AM   #46  
Watercolor Wizard

I provide adhesive for my camps, but after going through 8 rolls of sticky strip for my star book camp, and 6 guests didn't even get to finish theirs because some of my customers thought it easier to sticky strip EVERYTHING instead of using glue on those parts that specified glue, I'm seriously thinking about increasing my fees and adding specialty adhesives to their project packets. Then they can use as much as they want, but when it's gone it's gone... but on the other hand if they have a light hand with it they can take the rest home... and let's face it, a little sticky strip goes a LONG way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:12 AM   #47  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello. My name is Michele and I too am a Snail adhesive overuser. I haven't ever had a card fall apart on me, and I think I know why...lololol. I DO use snail from corner to corner and THEN I add a strip (only one!) down the middle. Unless...it's a large piece, then I might make multiple diagonal swipes through the middle. That being said, I go through a lot of adhesive, but I've never gone to a stamp camp so I've only been responsible for using my own stuff. I can usually lay my things down, lightly, without pressing and still move them around if need be. If I mess up too badly, then I have new scrap paper. It's a sickness...I know it...but I don't want to change.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:14 AM   #48  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsBee
As a customer, I can tell you that if I had to bring my own adhesive and was told it had to be SNAIL (or any specific one), I would not be attending. I have no problem with bringing my own adhesive ... but, If I'm paying for my own adhesive, it's my choice. If they want to recommend a certain adhesive based on how it works for the project we will be doing (and NOT by how it will affect their sales), then I appreciate that bit of advice, but that's a totally different approach.

I spend a healthy amount of money at any party or class I go to. I find I spend more if I feel like I'm getting really good balance adviced and not having something pushed just because it is an SU product. My demos (I have 2) are really excellent with this. They help me get the best value for the money I spend and I have never spent less because they may have suggested an alternate a non-SU product. It just means I spend that money on something else they got me excited about! By doing this, they have really earned my trust. Now, when they specifically recommend certain products in the catalog, I LISTEN!
I do this too. I am VERY honest with my customers, and if I feel another brand is superior, or they can get the same thing cheaper elsewhere, I tell them. Then they have more money to spend on STAMPS and tools they CAN'T get elsewhere. I know a lot of demos will probably slap my wrists for saying that, but being honest hasn't affected my sales AT ALL, and my customers KNOW I am looking out for them. They appreciate the honesty and tend to buy more of the things they can't get elsewhere as a thank you for that honesty and trust.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:15 AM   #49  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Many retail stores require that class participants bring a basic tool kit, which includes their preferred adhesive. It is very common.

I require my class participants to do the same: bring their preferred adhesive, along with other certain basic tools.
Excellent point. I would have no problem bringing things to a class, however a lot of my basic tools are non-SU. I think I would feel bad about bringing them unless the demo specifically told me it was okay.

(For example, my heat gun and embossing powders. Most crafters know Michaels has coupons and all kinds of crafts stuff. But they don't necessarily know they sell heat guns or embossing powders unless they've checked that aisle. If they see me using one, they know they can get it there cheaper. )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:16 AM   #50  
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Again, not a demo, but I think that would be a great idea to include the adhesive (whatever kind) in the price of the camp and they can keep it when they leave! I would love that, I like getting something right away to take home while waiting on my BIG order! Also, by putting the adhesive in there you will be getting them to try what you sell and they'll come back for more:-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by fool4scrapping
I provide adhesive for my camps, but after going through 8 rolls of sticky strip for my star book camp, and 6 guests didn't even get to finish theirs because some of my customers thought it easier to sticky strip EVERYTHING instead of using glue on those parts that specified glue, I'm seriously thinking about increasing my fees and adding specialty adhesives to their project packets. Then they can use as much as they want, but when it's gone it's gone... but on the other hand if they have a light hand with it they can take the rest home... and let's face it, a little sticky strip goes a LONG way!
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:18 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Interesting thread. I'm a double sided tape person, because I can't stand getting other things sticky with glue, but I am also very frugal (cheap?)and would like money to spend on other things so I snip my tape in half. I know, it is silly, but there you are. And to make matters even more complicated, I can't just tape the corners, I go around the whole thing with a piece in the middle for good measure. When I used to go to Stamp Camps I was frugal with their stuff tho. Maybe I will try the Mono stuff if my Joanne's has it.
One of Kota's Kids
Too Blessed to be Stressed
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:19 AM   #52  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayo
I guess maybe I should just "lurk" for a while instead of posting, don't want to step on any toes...
Thanks for all the awesome sticky ideas!!
Stop it! You are fine, at least in my opinion. From reading your other posts to this thread, it doesn't sound like you are trying to start something IMHO. But reading your opener, I did wonder a little!!

Thanks for starting this thread 1) it gives me some new adhesives to try 2) helps me understand better the costs going into a stamp camp.

As for the double sided tape - I am hooked. I bought 2 cheapy dispenser for 89 cents each. The tape is: 3M Scotch� 665 Double-Sided Permanent Tape, Refill Roll, 1/2" x 900" I use the DST when I want to "wallpaper" my paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:22 AM   #53  
Crimping Master

Wink Its a Stick Up!

Its true that things may not land quite the way I hoped after I go adhesive happy. However, If I mess things up and it truly IS stuck, then it just forces me to be more creative in trying to "make it work". Some of the most creative things I've done are as a result of an initial "mess"! At any rate ... its all just glue & paper, right? :???: Its not like anyone is going to suffer direly because my card might be a little crooked! Its all part of learning!

"Creativity is a continual surprise" (Ray Bradbury)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:25 AM   #54  
Mad Swapper

[QUOTE=jpmayo] I never thought of double-sided tape. Does it come in different sizes or is it a standard tape width and you just cut it to fit the area you need it for?QUOTE]

You can pretty much get Scotch (or Duck, or other generic brand) double-sided tape anywhere. It's usually with the other tapes on a roll with the office supplies. I prefer Scotch brand, but I've also used the Duck and others from Wal-Mart and been just fine with them. Although sometimes the really cheap brands are so thin they are harder to use because they tear so easily. But the cheap brand I tried also stuck to the cardstock like it was never coming off. You can get a two-pack of Scotch refills at Walmart for a little less or the same than what you might pay for one roll at the grocery store or a scrapbook store. I think Sam's Club is even a little better.

Regarding size you just tear it off (just like gift wrap tape) how big you want it. I usually use glue for the really small stuff though I have cut the tape to fit when needed.

My SCS gallery: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...00&ppuser=8965
My Webshots gallery: http://client.webshots.com/user/tbenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:29 AM   #55  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Excellent point. I would have no problem bringing things to a class, however a lot of my basic tools are non-SU. I think I would feel bad about bringing them unless the demo specifically told me it was okay.
That is so genuinely sweet of you and I would bet your demonstrator genuinely appreciates your thoughtfulness!

As far as a basic tool kit, usually, all I ever ask my participants to bring is:

Pencil
Preferred adhesive
Preferred scissors

Beyond that, I supply everything else. :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:29 AM   #56  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palapala

Thanks for starting this thread 1) it gives me some new adhesives to try 2) helps me understand better the costs going into a stamp camp.
I was skeptical about the intent at first too, but I'm glad I participated.

I think a lot of customers don't realize the expense that does go into a camp. There are HOURS of prep work involved, not just cutting and sorting, but planning and organizing as well. Then if you have to order supplies, it can get costly. Room rents, food, supplies, it all adds up. I typically have to place a $100-$200 order JUST to have the supplies I need to do the camps correctly. (8 rolls of sticky strip x 6.95= a whole lotta moola!:-D ;) ) So if your demo says "use a light hand" she's not trying to be snarky, she's just trying to make sure she can offer you a good time without having to charge you more for the camp, and to make sure everyone gets a chance to finish their projects. Many of us barely break even on our classes....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:31 AM   #57  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I'm in the middle? I like everything to stick and stay stuck! I use Duck easy-stick permanent. I have been able to lift and shift, then press in place and they are still hanging on my wall a year later!
Will have to see this Mono Multi and see if it is as good?

Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:47 AM   #58  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly
Of course, now that I use mono multi, I sincerely doubt you could pry apart my layers if you WANTED to! LOL!
Thanks for the tip about mono multi -- I've been wanting to try but was afraid of buckling. Does it work well with light weight pattern paper too??

I use lots of Snail, a little of Duck (a different brand than snail, and much stronger, but I can't find it any more). My demo used to provide snail adhesive, but it got to expensive, now we have Scotch double-sided tape at all stations (only for the past camp), and it worked well...and was much cheaper. I'm sure though that we may have to start bringing our own if the tape doesn't work out for the customers.

Help us create a StampinUp Gallery Index
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:58 AM   #59  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by fool4scrapping
Many of us barely break even on our classes....
You know I've gone to classes with 2 demos and I just cannot believe how much they do for their customers! I've really wanted to sign up as a demo- but I can't let it cost me money. Even when I place a $100 order, I know the demo is only making like $20 off me. It amazes me how much the ladies I've ordered through do for their customers. (I've also worked with a demo whose classses I don't go to- they are all fantastic)

I just have to wonder how any of you make money- you're all so generous with your classes, camps, and workshops!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 12:29 PM   #60  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsBee
I don't like to think of myself as being an "adhesive abuser". I think I'm an "adhesive lover".
Me too! I use a lot of adhesive when it's my own. Not too much when I'm at a workshop or monthly stamp club. My demo always reminds us not to use too much, but not in an over-bearing way. I can see the demos point here though, becuase those little refills are expensive.

My name is Sharon and I love adhesive
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 12:41 PM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kthaman
Thanks for the tip about mono multi -- I've been wanting to try but was afraid of buckling. Does it work well with light weight pattern paper too??
It does. The only thing I've had it NOT work with is ribbon--it adheres, but transferred color from the paper to the ribbon. I still use it for almost everything else. In fact, the stamp club I belong to met at my house this week and they all *loved* the mono multi! Everybody went in on a big order from penwa together! It works great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 12:55 PM   #62  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have glue sticks available to use at my classes and parties. If someone wants to use another type of adhesive, they need to bring it. (I also have any "special" adhesive we need for projects, i.e. pop dots, glue dots, double sided tape, vellum tape, etc. I don't expect my stampers to bring that kind of stuff.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 12:56 PM   #63  
Mad Swapper

Default Zip dry paper glue

The one I like for ribbon is Zip Dry Paper Glue. It comes out in a very thin bead and takes a moment to dry on the fabric, but it's the best I've worked with on ribbon. It's supposed to be wrinkle free and dries clear. So far it's been that!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 01:32 PM   #64  
Die Cut Diva

I like Tacky glue.
My demo turned me on to it.
You can get an 8 oz bottle for like $3.
A little goes a long way.

I like Multi too.

There are 3 types of people in the world. Those that can count and those that can't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 01:49 PM   #65  
Crimping Master

Location: I am a Utah desert rat! I fry in the summer, but, oh, the winters are spectacular!

I supply adhesive for my clubs and workshops, but I always ask customers to my special events to bring their own adhesive. I am always surprised how liberal they are when using mine, but they usually show up with glue sticks when they bring their own. It gets expensive for demos. I go through 10 at every club event! It's crazy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 01:55 PM   #66  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

You know I've gone to classes with 2 demos and I just cannot believe how much they do for their customers! I've really wanted to sign up as a demo- but I can't let it cost me money. Even when I place a $100 order, I know the demo is only making like $20 off me. It amazes me how much the ladies I've ordered through do for their customers. (I've also worked with a demo whose classses I don't go to- they are all fantastic)

I just have to wonder how any of you make money- you're all so generous with your classes, camps, and workshops!
It's the little things like seeing our customers' excitement that make it worth it! I signed as a hobby demo, but was so excited to share my love of stamping that I decided to start doing workshops and camps. I just love watching a first time stamper's face light up when she's created something all by herself. I just love having a camp and having a customer hand me a stack of cards she's made since the last time we were together to take a look at them. It's the excitement that makes it a fun "job" for me... for some of us it isn't about the money....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 01:56 PM   #67  
Crimping Master

I know this is a no-no, but my demo has DST out for us to use, unless we need the Liquid Glue, or something else like that. I really like that she has us use DST, even though it isn't SU. When I have been to her multi-demo stamp camps, they use snail, and I really don't like it! I usually go home and fix it. Last time I brought my own. I like using DST, CM tape runner, or my Xyron for whole card fronts. I just started using my Xyron and I am VERY happy with the results. I knew I bought it 5 years ago for a reason. Just took me the whole 5 years to figure it out. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 02:17 PM   #68  
Die Cut Diva

I've been stamping for about 18 years and will ONLY use double stick tape. It's my favorite and my cards do not fall apart!

V
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 02:35 PM   #69  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanneb
The one I like for ribbon is Zip Dry Paper Glue. It comes out in a very thin bead and takes a moment to dry on the fabric, but it's the best I've worked with on ribbon. It's supposed to be wrinkle free and dries clear. So far it's been that!
Where do you get this? I haven't seen it and I've been EVERYWHERE lately.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #70  
The Digi-Freak

I found that online, it is pricey though!
http://susansscrapbookshack.com/zip_dry_paper_glue

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 02:38 PM   #71  
The Digi-Freak

or on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Zip-Dry-Paper-Gl...QQcmdZViewItem

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 03:20 PM   #72  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by amahanes
Where do you get this? I haven't seen it and I've been EVERYWHERE lately.
I found it at my local stamp store. I can't remember what I paid for it though. I'll have to check. I don't use it for everything though. I view it as a specialty glue, like the wonder tape, and use it very specifically. So I'm apt to pay a bit more for it than my DST!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #73  
Die Cut Diva

One thing no one has mentioned that I acutally have grown to like a lot is the SU glue sticks. I have a big group of stampers that meet regularly at my house and I buy supplies and create classes and charge for the kits. I started buying the SU glue sticks because they are very economical ($2 each) and last forever. In the past 4 months, we've actually only completely used up two of them. They stick really well and as long as you don't go 100% to the edge of the paper they don't make a mess. I had a few mono hogs and it was making me nuts. They all adjusted to the glue sticks just fine and no one is complaining.

That being said, I own lots of kinds of adhesives and I use them all at different times for different things. But that's my personal use. For classes, I vote for the glue sticks or the "bring your own adhesive" thing.

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 05:13 PM   #74  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For my THO (totally hands on) workshop I supply the mono.
For stamp camps I ask that they bring their own adhesive of choice and I do not care what kind they bring. I also let them know if they need adhesive I can add it to the price of the Stamp Camp fees and have a SNAIL or refill ready for them. So that way they have a choice-pay what I set up (which does not factor the cost of adhesive) or pay an additional cost for adhesive. Either way is fine and everyone leaves happy.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 05:31 PM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
For my THO (totally hands on) workshop I supply the mono.
For stamp camps I ask that they bring their own adhesive of choice and I do not care what kind they bring. I also let them know if they need adhesive I can add it to the price of the Stamp Camp fees and have a SNAIL or refill ready for them. So that way they have a choice-pay what I set up (which does not factor the cost of adhesive) or pay an additional cost for adhesive. Either way is fine and everyone leaves happy.
My upline does this, and it's perfect! That way you have the option of bringing your favorite, or getting a new SNAIL. And you don't have to buy one everytime this way. I preferred her to leave off the cost of adhesive when I went so I could chose my own. Although I do really like SNAIL... and glue dots... and crystal effects...and Dotto... oh oh oh and sticky strip! I don't have a problem do I? haha...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 05:32 PM   #76  
Embossing Fanatic

I am a demo and I think customers should be able to use as much as they want without anyone saying anything to them, they are your customers.
I also use alot myself I agree that I dont want my card falling apart when I give it to someone.

So I say use as much as you want!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 07:29 PM   #77  
Stazon Splitcoast

I alway use a touch of sticky strip on my cards ... and I do mean, just a touch! I mono my corners and will stick a little piece of sticky strip on the middle or maybe a piece on two of the four corners.
Another thing I learned is if you glue mono to mono you get a really good stick. So if you put mono in the corner of one piece and put another spot of mono in the same spot on the piece you are adhering it to, it will stick really well.

Last edited by TJStamper; 04-25-2006 at 07:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 08:54 PM   #78  
Hardware Hotshot

At my workshops I supply the snail... at classes and Stamp Camps it's BYOA... but I supply glue sticks for those who forget. I stopped providing the snail because so many people totally break them because they push them on the paper insted of gently pulling. I mean it's one thing for someone to go nuts with adhesive... it's quite another for them to bust the brand new snail you JUST OPENED.

Regarding how much to use... I will say in workshops.. "you only need about an inch in each corner... and I recommend this because if you need to reposition something it's easier with less adhesive.... but feel free to use as much as mine as you want becasue it's Tax Deductible!"

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 10:00 PM   #79  
Glitter Guru

For those who use the Mono Multi, do you use a lot of it, or just in the corners? I'm almost sold on it, (especially cause I work at a craft store that carries it) but I'm wondering if you can use alot and still it won't buckle paper? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 10:19 PM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but I have found that some brands of adhesive stick better than others. So it's *not* the length of the tape you add, but the quality that matters. For "stickability" I still have better luck with plain old double sided Scotch tape. But for speedy assembly the snail, tombo, or mono things sure do work faster.

Regarding the cost of workshops, as long the price is clearly publicized and it is totally clear whether you need to bring your own supplies, then it is the customer's choice whether to attend or not.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes