Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-05-2014, 05:53 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Demo sign up changes?

I did not sign up at Sale Abration like I thought I would...our lives took a different turn so I'm back to considering being a hobby demo only-does anyone know of any changes to signing up? Like will it still be $99 to sign up, etc.?
Thank you for your help!
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2014, 06:50 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Speaking of signing up have those strict rules they had several years ago been relaxed even more recently? I see blogs with demos showing finished items made with other brands of things and using ATG tape, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54View Post
I did not sign up at Sale Abration like I thought I would...our lives took a different turn so I'm back to considering being a hobby demo only-does anyone know of any changes to signing up? Like will it still be $99 to sign up, etc.?
Thank you for your help!
Kathy
Yes, it is still $99 to join, which is a great deal, considering you get $125 worth of products, with no shipping, to boot! And pre-order all month on select products, so you can get your hands on some new stuff before it's open to the public.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2014, 08:27 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by CartermrcView Post
Speaking of signing up have those strict rules they had several years ago been relaxed even more recently? I see blogs with demos showing finished items made with other brands of things and using ATG tape, etc.
Without consulting the newly revised demo manual wording, yes, we're allowed to show projects made with both SU and non-SU products. Obviously, we can't actively promote someone else's product. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2014, 08:29 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Do u still get 30% off... is it your first order?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenBinPaView Post
Do u still get 30% off... is it your first order?
In US: 1st order that is $150+, within 45 days of signing up, you get extra 10% off on your order. In addition to the standard 20% demo discount. And if you have $400+ any month, you start to get a bit more discounts, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemycardsView Post
In US: 1st order that is $150+, within 45 days of signing up, you get extra 10% off on your order. In addition to the standard 20% demo discount. And if you have $400+ any month, you start to get a bit more discounts, too.
And so when would you have to sign up in order to take advantage of that extra 10% to order anything from the new catalog, not just preorder items?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemycardsView Post
Yes, it is still $99 to join, which is a great deal, considering you get $125 worth of products, with no shipping, to boot! And pre-order all month on select products, so you can get your hands on some new stuff before it's open to the public.
Oh thanks for replying! Okay, so signing up now, when would I have to put in my first order? I mean I know you have to have a min. of $300 per quarter but are the SU quarters like Jan-March, April-June, July-Sept, Oct-Dec? And would I have to then submit a $300 for this quarter?

I've tried looking this info up but do know how many threads there are to this topic?!!:confused:

Last edited by klh54; 05-05-2014 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: forgot to add question
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Stampin Up send out 1099's?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2014, 06:19 PM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scattyView Post
Does Stampin Up send out 1099's?
Only if you have high sales / income:

Who received a 1099 form for 2013 from Stampin' Up!?

- Demonstrators who earned more than $600 in downline overrides, shared pool, cash bonuses, and noncash earnings/rewards during 2013 should have received a 1099.
- Demonstrators who placed customer and workshop orders totaling $6,250 or more during 2013 should have received a 1099.
- Exception: If you have incorporated your demonstrator business, we will not send you a 1099 form even if you meet either or both of the above qualifications.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54View Post
Oh thanks for replying! Okay, so signing up now, when would I have to put in my first order? I mean I know you have to have a min. of $300 per quarter but are the SU quarters like Jan-March, April-June, July-Sept, Oct-Dec? And would I have to then submit a $300 for this quarter?

I've tried looking this info up but do know how many threads there are to this topic?!!:confused:
There are a ton of threads. You probably found a bunch of my questions I had before I joined. That's why we pay it forward and try to help others as they consider jumping in.

Quarters are calendar year - Jan-Mar, Apr-June, July-Sept, and Oct-Dec.

You're off the hook for the quarter you joined. Since it's now May, you wouldn't need to sell/buy $300 US until the end of Sept. If you don't make it by then, you'd go into pending for the month of October. If not by the end of October, you'd be dropped as an active demo. But believe me, with the ability to shop from the current catalog and spring mini, new catalog in June, Holiday catalog, plus any extra releases or clearance rack items, you shouldn't have a problem buying or selling $300.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenBinPaView Post
And so when would you have to sign up in order to take advantage of that extra 10% to order anything from the new catalog, not just preorder items?
Your starter kit will be $150 worth of items for $99. It can include the selection of pre-order items that are available now through May.

If you place another order or multiple small orders, but keep it under $150, you will get 20% off. You don't get hostess benefits (because the order didn't total $150)

The 30% off order is on your first order that's above $150, as long as it's within 45 days. You'll earn hostess benefits as the total is $150+ = more free stuff.

So you could pick out $150 for $99 (basics like cardstocks, inks, carrying over sets are always a good choice), order more pre-order items (like Blendabilities!) or Project Life as long as it's under $149 and get 20% off, and then June 1 place an order of $150+ and get 30% off. Or just do your starter kit and then a really big order in June (perhaps combined with your first workshop / open house!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2014, 01:58 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you for all of the information. I will keep considering it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2014, 03:12 AM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Thank you so much, Makalah for all your very helpful information!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2014, 04:42 AM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakalahView Post
Only if you have high sales / income:

Who received a 1099 form for 2013 from Stampin' Up!?

- Demonstrators who earned more than $600 in downline overrides, shared pool, cash bonuses, and noncash earnings/rewards during 2013 should have received a 1099.
- Demonstrators who placed customer and workshop orders totaling $6,250 or more during 2013 should have received a 1099.
- Exception: If you have incorporated your demonstrator business, we will not send you a 1099 form even if you meet either or both of the above qualifications.
Thank you for this information. So when you place and order as a demonstrator, is the 20% taken off the order, or do you have to wait for the 20% in the form of a check?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by scattyView Post
Thank you for this information. So when you place and order as a demonstrator, is the 20% taken off the order, or do you have to wait for the 20% in the form of a check?
It's instantly taken off before you checkout! The only time you have to wait for a deposit (they don't do checks anymore, only direct deposit) is if you host a workshop and people use their CC or you get a customer order with a CC. At a certain time of the month SU gives you your "income" from those orders. All other income is instant wether it be your discount or from cash or check (you just keep your 20% and SU takes it's 80%). Make sense?

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #17  
Crimping Master

Here's what I copied off my DBWS for joining benefits:

Even better, Stampin' Up!'s Demonstrator Starter Kit is completely customizable! Build your Starter Kit your way! For just $99, you get

Your choice of up to $125 worth of any current Stampin' Up! products!
A business supply pack valued at $65!.
That's a total value of $190!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2014, 07:41 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re-signing

How long do you have to wait after dropping before signing up again?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

Julie:

After being dropped or resigning, a demonstrator enters a 90- day waiting period. The 90-day period begins the first day of the month following the month in which they were dropped.

Demonstrators who resign will begin their 90-day period on the first day of the month following the month in which Stampin’ Up! receives their written letter of resignation.

If a demonstrator rejoins during the 90-day period, she will be placed under her original upline recruiter. She cannot rejoin under any other demonstrator unless her original upline recruiter has been dropped or resigns; in such a case, she may rejoin under any other demonstrator of her choice.

If a demonstrator rejoins after the 90-day period, she may sign up under a demonstrator of her choice even if her original upline recruiter is still in active status. In both cases, the rejoining demonstrator may be counted as a new recruit by her upline recruiter and when she promotes to a senior associate or above, promotions will count for the upline as any new recruit would.

A rejoining demonstrator counts as an active first-level demonstrator for her upline’s title requirements.

A rejoining demonstrator’s former downline, sales history, and title will not be restored. She will receive a new demonstrator number.
Reply With Quote Likes