Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-14-2008, 11:39 PM   #41  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, i'm bad at math, but if they switch to an august/january cycle, doesn't that make on catalog good for 7 months, and the next one good for 5 months?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2008, 11:53 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

They're both moved back, so there will be six months for both.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 03:38 AM   #43  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdahoLeeView Post
ok, i'm bad at math, but if they switch to an august/january cycle, doesn't that make on catalog good for 7 months, and the next one good for 5 months?
Yes, it is now 7/5. The SS was moved back 1 1/2 mo and the F/W moved back 1/2 month.
midAug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, (mid Jan)
midJan, Feb, March, April, May, June, July (mid Aug)
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 06:25 AM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

One catalog and LOTS of minis. Frequent new goodies that way, and only one big catty on the "reference shelf" - which has one foot of shelf space (so far) dedicated to SU catalogs. I think the minis give SU a chance to find popular sets & trends to use in the next big catty, and gives me a tiny catty to carry around and drool over.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 07:46 AM   #45  
Crimping Master

My only wish was that they had delayed the release of the last catty and we would have had longer to get the retired sets then (and there were SOOOOO many). As a customer and SAHM I couldn't possibly order all I wanted before they were retired *sigh*. At least that won't happen again. I also didn't decide I liked the In Color until the current catty came out so I need to order some more paper and some of the DP paper before it's gone I'm also glad that they extended the mini. What is the last date to order from that?

I'm really looking forward to what the new In Color will be for the year. I still liked the 2007 In Color best. True Thyme, Cranberry Crisp, Buckaroo Blue, and Marigold Morning all perfectly match a rug I have. No wonder I was so drawn to those colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 08:00 AM   #46  
Crimping Master

Oh and the way our club works we go from March-December and my hostess month is Sept. So I didn't get to get a hostess set from this catty. :( I really liked For a Friend, Thanks Tons, and Time Well Spent. I usually really like all the hostess sets so I'm sure something will be cute in the next catty too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 08:20 AM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by CknODaCView Post
all demos are being sent a copy. Those attending convention just get it on July 30th when we sign in at convention. For those not attending convention, catalogs are mailed to arrive between Aug 1st and 10th....
well thats good! it just didnt seem right for you not to!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 08:51 AM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Just west of Spokane, WA, on the rim of a lake with a beautiful view

My only disappointment was that when the new catty comes out, the new papers will also change, and I really liked the new papers this year. Since there weren't a whole lot of new stamps that I really couldn't live without, I spent most of my monthly allotment on collecting all the SU papers and ink pads that I didn't already have. Oh yes, and I ordered a lot of River Rock, purely pomagrante and wild wasabi so I would have it on hand when it was retired or they chose to make it a regular color. I just wish they had the markers to match. I'm looking forward to the new catty and as a previous poster commented, wish there were more stamps for men and kids.

Norma
Chemo Angel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #49  
Gabfest Goddess

I know change isn't easy, but let me give you a little bit of insight as to why I think they are changing these dates...

The cost to demos to launch a new catalog on January 1st isn't cheap. I have a very small customer base, and STILL have to buy 4 boxes of catalogs... that's over $100 out of my pocket right before Christmas... not to mention new sets, accessories, and in colors... I personally spend $250 at the launch of each new catalog to make sure I have the latest stuff to demo (not everyone does, but this is what I do.)

Many of us can't justify that extra expense right at Christmas time.

Also, SU is a business, but they are still "family". They like to have a little break at the holidays as well. With the launch of a new catalog on Jan. 1st, there were all kinds of things going on behind the scenes that made it necessary for staff to miss time with their families.

So I personally would rather have the change so everyone, demos, SU staff, and customers alike, can enjoy the holidays as stress free as possible...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 10:21 AM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm with Jana. I was a demonstrator from 1996 until 2001 and that was the way it was. It was an incentive to go to convention. The excitement at convention was awesome and when they handed them out it was like Christmas in July. I went twice. It was wonderful.
Now, as a customer, I have no problem at all with them getting it first. I'm placing another order this week so I'll have more time to save up. I would rather not have 2 catalogs, just have the minis, but that's their call. So I can do as I please about ordering.
JMO but it's still the best company around. Yes, I have other companies stamps/supplies but SU is still my major buy. I have over 160 of their sets and am still buying. Even though my demo moved to Iowa from Indiana. I still order from her.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 11:30 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't mind at all that we won't get the new catalog until August. This is something new that SU is doing, and of course there are a few bugs in the program they need to work out.

There is a dormant list of stamp sets (includes the Christmas sets) that is available on SU's website. I ordered a Christmas set from that dormant list a couple of months ago.

I like the suspense of it all....retirement lists, new catalog, the minis...it keeps it all so exciting!

As for SU giving it to the demos at convention, I think that is great! They are the ones selling it, and there should be some perks for them!
Laurie's Cards & Ramblings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanasnanaView Post
My problem with two catty's per year is I don't have time or funds to buy all the stamp sets I want before they retire on you. I liked it better when there was only one catty per year. I'm sure its hard on DEMOS to come up with new sets to demo at stamp clubs with two catties per year. Plus, we have to purchase two catties per year. I could take that money and get a stamp set and just view the catty on line. Just my thoughts.
I agree. I feel like there's a crunch now to purchase as much in 6 months as i normally would in 12...including another $10 catty!!

I don't understand why they would delay for that long. Doesn't seem fair to the customers to me.

Yep, me and Nutswithtwins are BFF's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftdocView Post
Yes, it is now 7/5. The SS was moved back 1 1/2 mo and the F/W moved back 1/2 month.
midAug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, (mid Jan)
midJan, Feb, March, April, May, June, July (mid Aug)
Disclaimer: I swear that I am not beating a dead horse...I've read the entire thread.

Is this the math?

mid-August 08 - F/W released
mid-January 09 - S/S released

then it goes to a 6 month cycle?

mid-July 09 - F/W released
mid-January 09 - S/S released?

This August release is the only one of its kind? Just let me know if I have it straight!! Or is it going to be mid-January and mid-August from now on?

Southern Yankee Crafter Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #54  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by missjenNHSView Post
I agree. I feel like there's a crunch now to purchase as much in 6 months as i normally would in 12...including another $10 catty!!

I don't understand why they would delay for that long. Doesn't seem fair to the customers to me.
I guess I don't understand this mentality. first everyone is complaining about there being two catalogs in a year, then in the same breath complains because they have a little bit longer with this one due to the delay...

so which is it?

Sorry, I know this sounds snarky, but you have to laugh at the irony of it all... you're peeved because there is a crunch to purchase in 6 months, now you're peeved because you have an extra 5 weeks on this one, and are upset about the delay.... you contradicted yourself in the space of two sentences...

guess I just don't understand...

and if I don't understand, how do you think the powers that be at SU feel? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #55  
Polyshrink Goddess

in the words of the late, great, rosanne rosanadana

"it's always sumthun!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #56  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabushView Post
Disclaimer: I swear that I am not beating a dead horse...I've read the entire thread.

Is this the math?

mid-August 08 - F/W released
mid-January 09 - S/S released

then it goes to a 6 month cycle?

mid-July 09 - F/W released
mid-January 09 - S/S released?

This August release is the only one of its kind? Just let me know if I have it straight!! Or is it going to be mid-January and mid-August from now on?
SU hasn't announced anything firm on this. I found an announcement dated Feb. 1 that said the end date of the Fall Winter catalog would be announced at Convention. It said that the Spring Summer catalog would be released after Leadership in January; it's the 8th & 9th. There's a thread up in the Demo Only forum that says the new catty will be released on Jan. 19, but I'm not sure where that date came from as I can't find that anywhere on the SU site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #57  
Die Cut Diva

The only things that have mildly upset me with SU this year are:

1)Less mini catalogs, I wish they could have kept the minis PLUS the 2 cattys

2) Lack of sets I was interested in (I know it is only my opinion but as a customer of 6 years and a demo because of how much I LOVED the fall catty it was VERY disspointing)

I have also not been excited by the previews of stamps (more solid flowers....) or the new in-colors.

I was also sad to see that certain stamps were STILL NOT discontinued:
A TREE FOR ALL SEASONS

I have a totally personal issue with this still being in there, since it was my "free" set on my very first order. I just feel like something better, updated could be designed.
Reply With Quote Likes