Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-16-2015, 08:51 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Defining your style

There are lots of conversations about purging and creating and all the rest of it, and the issue of "style" always comes up. Advice - well-meaning and helpful as it could/should be - to get rid of things that are no longer "your style" always leaves me scratching my head. I know that I'm not alone. Does anyone out there really KNOW what their style is?

I know that there are CAS and shabby chic and other general "styles", but you can use a lot of different stamps, papers, etc., to accomplish any/all of them. So the issue remains...

I've been able to weed out a lot of things - stamps, papers, inks, embellishments - just on the basis of not loving it any more. Identifying things that are "my style" is much, much harder (for me, at least).

I know that - in the big scheme of things - this is a silly little "problem", and that purging on the basis of like/don't like is enough, but now I'm curious. Anyone have any thoughts? poems? anecdotes?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 09:47 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tough question. For me, it's "I know it when I see it". Quirky. Clean. Modern.

My anecdote is really more of a trend. I make a card for a girlfriend, upload it to my gallery, then get comments about how great my masculine card is. Um...I wasn't making a masculine card. This happens fairly often. So I guess I need to add Masculine to my list.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 10:01 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting question and one that I contemplate at irregular intervals. I don't know what my style is but I am beginning to understand what it is not.

I don't do shabby chic - mine just look shabby
I don't do 'frilly' not lots of ribbons and bows - but they do creep in every now and again
I don't do one page - I would love to but I make too many mistakes
I'm not a great one for plain and simple - I keep wanting to add just one more thing
I like dies and embossing more than stamping - but I do stamp
I would love to colour more - but I'm still at the grandkids colouring book stage

I could go on but you probably are getting the gist of this - but despite all the things I am not I really do enjoy making cards!

Con
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 11:02 AM   #4  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Interesting topic to ponder! In most area of my life my style is centered around comfort and ease (fashion, home decor etc.).

However, as a cardmaker my designs are mostly driven by what the recipients like. Still, I usually don't create cards that have a lot of steps (doesn't matter if they are easy).

And, as Sue and Con said I know what I like when I see it and it is easier to to know what I do not like.

Looking forward to more on this topic as I am gearing up for a craft room redecorating project!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 11:03 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Grunge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 11:05 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I am all over the place. I create for the fun of it and buy what I like at the time. So I think my style is crafty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 12:02 PM   #7  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,063 Likes on 818 Posts

I too am all over the place. Bottom line, I love stamping, colouring and techniques so you don't find a lot of CAS cards in my gallery. When they happen, they just happen all on their own.
When there is a challenge that calls for you to either make a card in your style, or out of your style, I am usually pretty stumped. Well, out of my style is a bit easier, but I always find it hard to say what it actually is.
And consequently I find it quite hard to purge stamps. I had put several in a bag to FreeCycle later this month, but have already taken one back out! Embellishments, that's easy because I don't use so many.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 12:32 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Well, I know what's definitely not "me" in terms of stamps/images but I never bought them in the first place so I can't purge! I'm another one who can't define my style - I just like to stamp!

My tastes are pretty eclectic and the people I make things for are pretty wide ranging so even if I might decide to jettison something on the grounds it's no longer "my style" I'm very likely to talk myself into keeping it because it will come in useful for Aunt X or cousin Y! And yes, I'm also likely to buy a new stamp to make something for those very same people, just because... :rolleyes:

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 01:21 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

As others have said, I know what I don't like, not so much what I do. I get rid of lots of stuff, but usually it's because I get tired of it, or I have no one to send something made with that card to. I'm pretty careful with what I buy anymore. If I can't use it at least a few times, I don't buy it. But, anything Ranger makes I probably own & love.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 02:14 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Angelnorth, that's my problem exactly. I make a lot of cards that aren't my style because I'm specifically making them to fit the recipient's style.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 02:24 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

I always say know your style, how can you not???

If you don't know what you like, you will end up buying everything under the sun for stamping. That is were all the threads on over spending come in....then the purging threads.

As a one income family of four, I can not over spend. But I know there are people that have more money as disposable income and can spend as they wish, but it really bugs me when someone on the spending threads state they spend thousands of dollars in a year on stamping supplies, but they just don't know how to cut back:eek:

I just don't understand when people just go buy supplies all willy nilly.

I guess I just don't look at stamping as a necessity as other stampers do.

I don't like grunge, shabby chic, I don't do frilly or over embellished cards,and I absolutely hate prima flowers. So right there I know NOT to purchase this items and you will not find these items in my stash.

I like to color so I have copics (after 4 years of buying copics I have 103. That was buying on sale and Christmas gifts, I only buy the colors I like and use)

I have stamps that I can color. I like to fussy cut and pop images. I also like to do some techniques with inks and embossing. I am a glitter person. I love glitter, I know glitter scares some people:p

I only buy color card stock that I like. I learned buy trial and error about card stock colors. Card stock in not cheap, so why waste my money on colors that I don't like and won't use?? You don't have to have a complete color family.

I guess you can say I am very cautious with my purchase. I spend my money wisely and buy only what I like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 02:26 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Maybe I should just stop saying "your style" and say "what you like".

I just thought "what you like" IS "your style".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 02:30 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
Well, I know what's definitely not "me" in terms of stamps/images but I never bought them in the first place so I can't purge! I'm another one who can't define my style - I just like to stamp!

My tastes are pretty eclectic and the people I make things for are pretty wide ranging so even if I might decide to jettison something on the grounds it's no longer "my style" I'm very likely to talk myself into keeping it because it will come in useful for Aunt X or cousin Y! And yes, I'm also likely to buy a new stamp to make something for those very same people, just because... :rolleyes:
Exactly! Why buy it if you don't like it;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 02:34 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddesignsView Post
Angelnorth, that's my problem exactly. I make a lot of cards that aren't my style because I'm specifically making them to fit the recipient's style.
I don't buy stamps to make cards for people, I buy what I like.

For instance, both my mom in law and step mom in law love to garden. I don't buy gardening stamp set because I don't like them. I buy flower stamps and butterfly stamps.

I use these images for their cards;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 179 Likes on 83 Posts

You don't like your MIL and your step MIL, or you don't like gardening stamps? Just kidding, I know what you meant. In reading it through quickly the first time though, I took it the first way, and boy did my eyebrows shoot up. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by grateful2bsavedView Post
You don't like your MIL and your step MIL, or you don't like gardening stamps? Just kidding, I know what you meant. In reading it through quickly the first time though, I took it the first way, and boy did my eyebrows shoot up. lol
LOL

I was in a rush to start dinner.

For the record I LOVE my mom in law and step mom in law.

I don't like gardening stamps;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 03:04 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
I don't buy stamps to make cards for people, I buy what I like.

For instance, both my mom in law and step mom in law love to garden. I don't buy gardening stamp set because I don't like them. I buy flower stamps and butterfly stamps.

I use these images for their cards;)
Very wise.

I just gathered a bunch of stamps that I bought, not because I loved them, but because I thought they would make the perfect card for someone else. Guess what? I made one card for someone else and never used the stamps again. Those stamps are getting sold.

I'm trying to pare my collection down to my actual style. I think I'll create more if all I have is what I love.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 03:31 PM   #18  
Inking Addict

For me, I think my style is a moving target. For me, that's what is great about any hobby. I can try things out, see what is fun or what I like or enjoy (or not).

For better or worse, it means I don't tend to get rid of many craft supplies. It can be good, because when sequins started to show up in paper crafts, I had some in the closet from many years ago.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2015, 11:45 PM   #19  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good question. My tastes in supplies and techniques grow and change with time. I don't have a ton of stamps - I'm more into backgrounds, dies, and embossing. But this last year I branched out into Copics, Cameo, new techniques. Had a lot of fun learning and applying stuff.

I make cards to mail, so I don't have heavy embellishments and framing on them. I've seen cards in the gallery where they have 27 steps to them, and there is no way it would fit in an envelope. Love to look at those, but I'm more functional in nature.

I weave in and out of quilting, jewelry making, card making, basket making... I will always live amongst craft supplies. Lucky me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2015, 02:23 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I am one that says "style" a lot. ;) I do know what my style is- I am a bohemian, nature girl that loves Kawaii.

I know why I say "style" a lot. I have this really forceful abusive relative. This relative to make herself feel better about the things she has done will force things on you that are her style. It's her way of trying to fix things but still control. If I am making any sense. Everyone in my family knows she does this and avoids her like the plague. Since, I am the sweet one I put up with it or should say I am the one that gets voted to deal with it. When she forces a creepy Victorian porcelain doll on me I am always saying "No thank you, that's not my style." I am actually grateful for her because of her I do know my style. I have gotten use to saying my style because of her.

My crafting, fashion & decor does really show what I love. If it's not my style out it goes.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2015, 04:44 AM   #21  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Sometimes I think style is more of a feeling that you have than something that can be defined if that makes sense. I make cards of different "styles" (CAS, shabby, that kind of thing) but they all seem to "look" like me if that makes sense too. And then there are a number of carmakers that I can identify just by their cards. I can see it in a thumbnail and just KNOW they made it before I even see who did it.

The same goes for my stamping stuff. There are things I like and don't like and I couldn't tell you why exactly, just a snap decision that I do or don't like it. There are things I'm drawn to on the whole as well as things that turn me off. For instance, I like sentiment stamps with mixed fonts. I don't care for a lot of floral stuff, especially realistic florals (there are occasionally exceptions to all of my likes and dislikes of course). And then there are things that I once liked that no longer work for me, for whatever reason. Again, I don't always have an explanation of why. But I guess my whole point was just that for me, style isn't really something that can be defined, it's just a feeling for me. Does that make sense?

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2015, 06:17 AM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Minders;20869953]Sometimes I think style is more of a feeling that you have than something that can be defined if that makes sense. I make cards of different "styles" (CAS, shabby, that kind of thing) but they all seem to "look" like me if that makes sense too. And then there are a number of carmakers that I can identify just by their cards. I can see it in a thumbnail and just KNOW they made it before I even see who did it.

The same goes for my stamping stuff. There are things I like and don't like and I couldn't tell you why exactly, just a snap decision that I do or don't like it. There are things I'm drawn to on the whole as well as things that turn me off. For instance, I like sentiment stamps with mixed fonts. I don't care for a lot of floral stuff, especially realistic florals (there are occasionally exceptions to all of my likes and dislikes of course). And then there are things that I once liked that no longer work for me, for whatever reason. Again, I don't always have an explanation of why. But I guess my whole point was just that for me, style isn't really something that can be defined, it's just a feeling for me. Does that make sense?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is it exactly for me too

I know what I like and what I don't like and don't think it has a label.

So to the previous poster, it is possible to not know the 'label' of my style and NOT buy willy nilly. I am a sensible shopper in all aspects of my life and have seldom regretted what bought because it didn't suit me after all. Early in my cardmaking experences I bought more because I was trying to figure out what I wanted/liked, and I bet we all did!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2015, 06:57 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just wanted to jump back in and thank everyone for their input! I knew I was not alone in this "style" thing, but it's really interesting to read all of the various takes on the issue. I'm sure that - since my original post included the topic - the idea of purging supplies that aren't "your style" has to be included in the discussion, but my intent was geared more toward ideas for discovering what your style might be.

I guess the truest thing I'm gleaning from the comments posted here is that it's much, much easier to define what is NOT your style, than what IS. Those of you who are self-aware enough to have defined your style - I salute you! Those of us still wandering around the edges of this concept - joy on your journey!

Last edited by gregzgurl; 01-17-2015 at 07:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2015, 07:22 AM   #24  
Kookie Creator

Two cents time, here, as I work on getting the mojo back after a holiday hiatus.

I budget monthly for craft supplies, so something must be on sale for me to even consider a purchase. When checking into products, especially, stamps, I tend to avoid grunge and art deco type images. Few babies in the family now, so children's images are put on the back burner.

I tend toward nature, floral, sentimental images. I find they fit many needs - thanks, in touch, feminine birthday, get well, sympathy. My colors change with the seasons, so my collection of markers and inks grows. I don't do many layers because of the mailing issues related to thickness of cards, but I make mistakes whenever I try a one-layer card! A second layer to hide the mistake always helps!

I'm trying out new techniques, such as stamping an image over printed DSP. I also save up for new tools. The recent purchase of the Craftwell air brush has opened up new possibilities for marker use for background images. When my butterfly and feather dies come from a recent SU order, some spectrum effort will occur.

I am probably like so many others - I know my dislikes - but creativity knows no bounds when discovering new elements to include, purchase, attempt, or, when all else fails, simply admire. I have a stash, but purging just isn't in the works for me. I try to fit the card to the recipient and reason for sending it. This works for me! Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2015, 08:14 AM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

This has been a really interesting thread and has had me thinking a lot about my "style". I've got quite a few stamps and sets that I've gotten because I thought they were so cute. I love Penny Black hedgehogs and the little mice from Housemouse. I just can't use them on a card. I don't exactly know how to describe my style, maybe simple, elegant and pretty. And least that's what I try for and like. I do try to do cards with the recipient's taste in mind too. But I need to stop buying cute for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2015, 12:03 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Another "two cents" on the whole only-buy-what-you-will-use thing...

I LOVE Stampotique's Daniel Torrente/Jill Penney stamps and have a handful of them, but don't know ANYONE that would properly appreciate a card made with them. They are the ONLY stamps that I have not taken off of the wood blocks, and they are ALWAYS out in full view on a shelf in my studio. Some things you just have to buy because they make you happy...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 179 Likes on 83 Posts

Just looked up those stamps, Sue, and I can tell you my 14 yr. old DD would definitely love a card made with those. Even my practically prissy 15 yr. old DD just told me she thinks some of them are cute. I love how quirky they are! I think I definitely see some of those stamps in my future collection. And they are definitely not what someone would think I'd like. I tend toward the floral, cute or nature looking stamps normally.

Last but not least, I agree 100% about the need to buy sometimes "just cause it makes you happy".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2015, 03:49 PM   #28  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Another "two cents" on the whole only-buy-what-you-will-use thing...

I LOVE Stampotique's Daniel Torrente/Jill Penney stamps and have a handful of them, but don't know ANYONE that would properly appreciate a card made with them. They are the ONLY stamps that I have not taken off of the wood blocks, and they are ALWAYS out in full view on a shelf in my studio. Some things you just have to buy because they make you happy...
Every time I see those I think I need to order some of the cat stamps. You could make a card for me with them. When I buy some of them, I'll keep them out also. They really are awesome.

I buy what I like, I like many different things.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2015, 05:20 PM   #29  
Hardware Hotshot

My style is "middle of the road". Not CAS, not super frilly or embellished.

I love texture...most cards have to have embossing, I love ribbon & twine. I love rhinestones, pearls, and stickles. I like a couple layers. I don't know if this style has a name ;-D

I have almost all the sets I've ever bought because I buy for me and I REALLY like what I buy and it seems to have staying power. I have almost all the dsp I've ever bought and still love it. I don't hoard, though. I LOVE to use up supplies!

I have weeded out around 12 sets in 9 years. I love all the rest of them. I have about 150 sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 05:16 AM   #30  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

I do not purge anything....I am proud to be a craft supply hoarder of many styles!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 05:30 AM   #31  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 732 Likes on 354 Posts

Good topic!

This is tough though b/c I think "style" is affected by evolution-ours and and the world's.

World's: For example, my "style" for work clothes is traditional suits. But try and find one for middle aged women now...even the bastion Talbots is now selling short jackets and lower waisted pants. Not good for me as a heavier older woman imho. Macy's tends to be poly which does not react well with my skin and/or what I call Sundy church-embellished, etc. and possibly too old for me. (so nice something is! lol)

We change as people..what we liked at 20 is maybe not good for us as a busy working parent...is not good for us as an older person....and what fits your budget or needs (like staying flat for cheaper mailing)

And b/c the mfgs want to keep selling, they keep rolling out "new styles" as well as techniques. I have had to come to grips with there will ALWAYS be the new cute stamp, cool tool or whatever. I just cant own them all!

I wonder how many people squash their "style" b/c it isnt "current" anymore? That would be a shame to me. I do what I do. I dont pay attention to that myself. I have really taken to heart what people say here all the time-do this as an expression of yourself. I like a lot of different stuff and what do I feel like today or fits a technique I want to try?

I agree about knowing what you dont like much more clearly. And I have had to be honest with myself that there is some stuff I just cant do-I just cant do Shabby chic for example. I am not crying over it. Still plenty of choices! If a person likes X colors...that can be fit into any technique

Bottom line: I dont have a style. I like what I like, and I purge based on what I dont use. (ha ha but that is the theory) Yes, I make some cards based on the person but that still falls within what I like. I wont make something I think is ugly just b/c I think they would like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 06:23 AM   #32  
Compulsive Stamper

Since I'm new at cardmaking, I don't know if I have a defined "style" yet. I see a lot of techniques done on cards, and I will purchase what I need to duplicate those techniques. Since I don't send out a lot of cards (yet), I donate my cards to places where they are needed (MD Anderson Cancer Center, Ronald McDonald House, and local assisted living facilities). So what I enjoy doing is buying a set of stamps and see how many designs/cards I can create from that set of stamps. I have discovered though, that because I purchase of a certain technique, that I'm getting a lot of supplies that I don't know how to organize, so I'm watching these threads with great interest. I empathize with the member who is a single income with four children, I too have a limited income and have to be very frugal with what I buy, and have been blessed by another cardmaker who sent me their purged items. The blessing that she bestowed on me, touched my heart and was greatly appreciated, and I only pray that my card donations is paying the blessing forward.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 07:58 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 472 Likes on 351 Posts

My thought is that some people have a very definite style that they stick to all the time, while others (myself included) do a variety of styles (but usually within a certain range - I stick close to Clean and Simple and, for example, I never use big fussy bows or huge numbers of layers). I have a big fundraiser sale of Christmas cards every November so need to make a variety of cards to appeal to different people.

I also like to try out new techniques and often that brings a new type of style to my repertoire (eg. I recently bought brushos and bister powders so am evolving a style using them).

So I don't worry too much about defining my style. When I purge, I simply get rid of things I no longer like or no longer use.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 08:54 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,166 Likes on 499 Posts

Okay everyone

Base one my gallery What would say my styles is? Everyone has ask me what my style is? I don't know what style too call it? I just use stamps and image and things I like not worry about style. But now you got me to wondering what others. Would say my style is? So please put your in put in my question too you. Thanks hotwheels
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 10:15 AM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Okay everyone

Base one my gallery What would say my styles is? Everyone has ask me what my style is? I don't know what style too call it? I just use stamps and image and things I like not worry about style. But now you got me to wondering what others. Would say my style is? So please put your in put in my question too you. Thanks hotwheels
I just did a quick pass through your gallery to get more of a "feel" than a definition, but here are my impressions:
  • Tending more toward CAS than embellished
  • Leaning toward feminine MUCH more than masculine (although there are a few in there)
  • Mostly cute/whimsical with some florals and seasonal thrown in
I know that this is WAAAAY oversimplifying, but since you asked... ;)

(Very nice gallery, by the way...)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #36  
Hardware Hotshot

My style is always changing. But I love frilly stuff, so I use a lot of flowers. I also have to have some kind embellishment on every card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 10:57 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

For the most part I would described my style as shabby elegance. Shabby because I almost always use some form of distressing on my card and elegance because I will always use some form of embellishment like pearls, bling, or bows or even the really intricate die cuts.

Recently, I discovered stencils and love to use them. That is the one time I differ from my style. When I go through all the trouble of creating a background with the stencil and inks or sprays etc I feel as if it shouldn't be covered up with multiple layers like I normally do. I'm still struggling with how to use these and incorporate them into my usual style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 11:12 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh and on the subject of purging...I never purge! I have tons of stamps from back in the day when I thought I wanted to be a cutesy cardmaker and I can't bear to part with them. I just keep everything. Once in awhile I'll donate some paper to my neice's pre-k class but that's about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 11:16 AM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,166 Likes on 499 Posts

yes masculine stamp I don't have.... I glad you oversimplifying But I am simple person that funny you she casing, becuse I love embellishments too. Just sure place on the cards Or How to use the embellished, I love make cards for others Just don't how definition my style. But, I might Ref to your posted. When ask me what style is. I don't know what whimsical means. Thanks for your input though Hotwheels

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I just did a quick pass through your gallery to get more of a "feel" than a definition, but here are my impressions:
  • Tending more toward CAS than embellished
  • Leaning toward feminine MUCH more than masculine (although there are a few in there)
  • Mostly cute/whimsical with some florals and seasonal thrown in
I know that this is WAAAAY oversimplifying, but since you asked... ;)

(Very nice gallery, by the way...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 11:18 AM   #40  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 732 Likes on 354 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Okay everyone

I agree with Sue.
Reply With Quote Likes