Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-25-2005, 10:49 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customers: How long do you wait for orders?

I'm in group that meets about every six weeks. We have been having problems getting our orders in a timely manner since last fall. Our average wait time is 4 weeks. It's been four weeks now with this order. The last of the backorders came, today. Demo said she'll deliver on Sunday.... after VSN. I'm pretty unhappy.

Anyway, she always gives the same excuse. The mini was really popular, it's going to take longer. Of coarse, now the blame has been put on the new catty. Anyone else having problems getting their orders?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 10:53 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Default That's crazy

I don't know if different parts of the country have different wait times, but seriously, after our stamp club closes its show, we wait between 7-9 days before we have our goodies in our hot, little hands! Our demo actually emails us to tell us when it ships so we know when it's due to arrive and everything. And I've been buying from SU for the last 7 years and the most I've ever waited for an order (once it's placed) is 2 weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 10:55 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

I have never waited longer than 2 weeks before I became a demo. In 4 weeks I might not want the stuff I was so excited about!!

Melissa

Wife to Josh! Mommy to Justin & Jake
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 10:56 AM   #4  
LSN
Glitter Guru

My experience has also been 7 - 9 days (and the 9 days is usually because me and my demo have problems hooking up). When things have been popular/backordered, I still always get the other parts of my order in the above timeframe.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 10:57 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
I'm in group that meets about every six weeks. We have been having problems getting our orders in a timely manner since last fall. Our average wait time is 4 weeks. It's been four weeks now with this order. The last of the backorders came, today. Demo said she'll deliver on Sunday.... after VSN. I'm pretty unhappy.

Anyway, she always gives the same excuse. The mini was really popular, it's going to take longer. Of coarse, now the blame has been put on the new catty. Anyone else having problems getting their orders?
I've been able to turn around orders in 10 days or less- USUALLY way less! I think your demo isn't giving you the full story. Maybe she's not putting the orders in as soon as she gets them from you, or something?

For example: I placed a hostess order for a customer a week ago. The stuff was delivered to me, yesterday, and she had it in her hands last night (6 days).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 11:03 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Im in a 150 club, and we meet every 6 weeks also. Last year, we were always waiting 3-4 weeks, once time we recieved our order from the previous month 1 week before we met again. My demo said it is cause some ladies would turn in their orders late (which is true) and then by the time she gets it all straightened out and ordered it would be 3 weeks later.

Finally, I suggested for this year that everyone in the clubs HAS to turn in a wishlist with various items on it along with a CC number. She would keep this info on file, and if you miss the order date for the month, she would take items off your wishlist and order them (as close to the required amount as possible) and use your CC number to charge it, that way the rest of use aren't waiting forever. This month was the first time we have been able to try this, and we met last Saturday, so Im curious to see how fast we get our stuff.

Anyways, good luck, and try mentioning the wishlist thing, and if that doesn't work, then its her and maybe you need to find someone else, or order stuff you know you wont need to 2 months
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 11:09 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

As a customer, I never waited more than 2 weeks.

As a demo, I've had backorders here and there, but the rest of the order was within two weeks.

Sounds as if either other club members are turning in orders late, or the demo is placing the orders late. Maybe she's not punctual about getting checks to the bank, and then she waits for them to clear? Even when I ordered right at the change of catalogs, which also fell over a holiday, my order wasn't out longer than two weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 11:14 AM   #8  
~~Triple S Threat~~

I have an order right now that I placed the very end of July... still waitting for it. I am the customer... not a demo. I also wonder what is taking so long.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 11:15 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Default Not with our new Demo!!

The Demo we had last year was really bad with getting our orders to us, it was fine at first we could pick them up at Stamp Camp but then she didn't hold stamp camp anymore and it became a chore for her to get them to us 40 miles away. The orders were always 3 to 4 weeks. We were in a Stamp Club which after 8 months told us we didn't have to order anymore since it was so much trouble for five of us to mail cheques to her and pick our orders up. When we started we didn't want to be in a Club in another city but were assured that it was no trouble, most of us ordered $50 to $75 every month and sometimes even higher but "we" were too much trouble for her. We would order even though we did not have our orders from the pevious month.
The Demo we have now is a sweetheart, every order has a thankyou card attached to it she has even mounted the stamps for one of the older ladies that has just started stamping. We even have a 90 year old when we get together to make cards and she enjoys it very much. It proves you are never to old to learn a new hobby.
Thanks for the thread to vent.

canadian_stamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 11:27 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

7 days if SU is fast, 8-9 if not. If your Demo is not getting things to you, tell the company. The last 3 years, they have been ultra fast in picking and shipping, so I would definitely say that the demo is the problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 11:44 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

yeah...I'm with the rest of the group-I think she is not giving you "the full story" because we almost always have our order within 10 days of our groupthe 2 times it was longer was because a member went on vacation and didn't turn in her order BEFORE she left for vacation. Other than that we get it quick, quick, quick. i would contact SU and let them know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 11:46 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Skype™ to shellca

I'd say for me, as a customer, about a week, no more than 9 days or so
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 12:17 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Stampin' Up! States that is should be 7-10 BUSINESS days from the time the order is PLACED... Ask your demo to let you know when she is going to place the order. If she is just waiting too long for your patience level then let her know that you would like your order to be placed WHEN IT IS GIVEN TO HER.

I had my first workshop since moving to Texas, just last night, as I dealt with orders I told EACH CUSTOMER that I was not going to submit my order until the first and that it would be 7-10 from there.... They were all cool with it. Normally I submit right away but I wanted to be able to wait for two gals who did not have enough time to browse the catty as well as two who were not able to attend because they are out of town until Sat. So really communicate your frustration to your demo and let her know how you feel, she needs to either state that she is not submitting the orders when she says she is OR she needs to make sure her customers are aware and are willing to wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 12:25 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

I'm just a customer. My demo posts here, she can tell you better how long it takes. I'd guess a week is normal, maybe 10 days. It only seems longer cos I can never wait to get my stuff - lol. Seriously, I have no complaints about how long it takes to get orders.

She e-mails to tell me when she expects the order to come in. She lives 2 streets away from me, UPS comes late. She either brings it that night or the next day, or I go get it (depends on whose husband is home to keep the kids).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 12:42 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am a demo and I know that I have no patience waiting for the order myself. I make sure that when the box comes in the customers get their stuff that night if possible depending on the size of the order. The latest will be the next day. I came from living overseas in sicily and my customers had their orders in 2 weeks or less. I only had a few that took 2 weeks. Usually I had them in 1 week. For you to have to wait more than 2 weeks for atleast part of your order is crazy. Talk to your demo find out what is going on. If you do not like the answer then it is time to find a new demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 12:46 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have never waited more than a week for my stuff. My demo is very prompt about placing the order, and then delivering as well.

My sister, on the other hand, sometimes waits up to three months between the time she places the order and gets the item (my suspicion is that the demo gets the stuff in but then doesn't take the initiative to deliver it since she has now moved 30 mins away from my sis). She's totally frustrated, but she used to work with her demo and feels obligated to stay with her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 12:46 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: My very hot stamp room, in Phoenix! It's a dry heat.

I believe the demonstrator agreement states that demos will deliver orders to the customers within 7 days from receipt of the order. It sounds to me as if she is not being totally up front with you - whether she is waiting to put the order in or just holding on to it once she has it. You should voice your displeasure to her. If she doesn't do anything about it, I suggest you change demos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 01:24 PM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

7-9 days here. My demo is on the ball!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 01:43 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

I do agree that you need to just be direct with your demo and ask why it takes so much longer than IT SHOULD. Even if there's a perfectly reasonable explanation, you have the right to expect better communication from her.

I placed an order for a hostess on Saturday evening, and it arrived on my doorstep an hour ago. That's 4 business days from the order being entered. Granted, ground delivery to me is 2 days because I'm in Washington, but still, 4 business days is phenomenal! I was just getting ready to gripe that I was just getting ready to call my hostess and crow about the super speedy delivery time, when she called ME wondering about her order, lol! I felt kind of deflated... OK, I know, totally off the topic...

Seriously, just talk to your demo. Say you understand that 4 weeks is much longer than is supposed to be and ask her why. And then ask her if you all could maybe change your rules for ordering if that's the problem, whatever it would take to get stuff quicker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 02:07 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

I moved 200 miles away from my Demo. I email her my orders and every time they arrive via UPS exactly one week to the day that I order. Makes me very happy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 03:06 PM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

There is truly something else going on with your demo. I live close to Utah, so my orders take 7 to 14 days max to get to me. The only time it took longer than two weeks (besides last fall when SU had moving troubles ) was when the party I attended didn't close until two weeks afterwards and we didn't get our stamps until almost 4 weeks later. My demo called at two weeks and apologized profusely and included a small "thank you for your patience" gift with each order. (Even though I told her not to as it wasn't really her fault!) Your demo is not giving you the complete truth, I think!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 04:13 PM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurie FW
There is truly something else going on with your demo. I live close to Utah, so my orders take 7 to 14 days max to get to me. The only time it took longer than two weeks (besides last fall when SU had moving troubles ) was when the party I attended didn't close until two weeks afterwards and we didn't get our stamps until almost 4 weeks later. My demo called at two weeks and apologized profusely and included a small "thank you for your patience" gift with each order. (Even though I told her not to as it wasn't really her fault!) Your demo is not giving you the complete truth, I think!
So the feel I am getting is two weeks is the max?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 04:45 PM   #23  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My orders, from Northwest Indiana, typically take one week from order to delivery. My demo is very quick, so that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 04:54 PM   #24  
Embossing Fanatic

My demo has my order in my hands in 2 weeks or less.

Home is the best place to be. Home is where I want to be. Sometimes, it is nice to get away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 05:27 PM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

I usually get the orders in 7-8 days and try to have them in my customers hands within 2 days after I receive them. She may not be placing the orders right away or not delivering them. Ask her nicely why it takes 4 weeks.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 07:05 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks ladies. I have also received many PMs. I have found a new demo and am looking forward to the new stamping group starting next month. I was just so upset especially after an email from my demo making me feel guilty for complaining. I needed to know if I was just whining or if I had a legitimate complaint.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 07:09 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

My demos are also good friends. They all know how eager I am for my stuff and tell me right away when the stuff comes in. I have 3 great gals and we are all in the same monthly stamp club. Each one takes a turn being the "demo" so they all make their quota and don't get burned out. They are all hobby demos. I only have to wait until as long as it takes SU to get the orders into their hot little hands. Once the stuff comes in, we usually make arrangements to meet somewhere in the middle (they all live near each other but abt 30-40 mins away from me) or when we get together to stamp on a fun day. We try to do that once a week. I suggest you find a new demo. Actions speak louder than words. Perhaps your absence will give her a big hint.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 07:14 PM   #28  
Mad Swapper

I don't think you should feel bad for complaining at all. That's unreasonably long.
I am in Canada and it takes 7 days from ordering to get my order. I rip into that box as soon as it gets here and I call everyone right away. I feel so bad this time because SU had computer problems and didn't tell anyone that the orders weren't put in for 5 days so the day before I am to get it, I find out it hasn't even left SU. It will take another week to get here now and my customers know it only takes a week-10 days at the most. I feel bad but it's not my fault. I will have to do something to make it up to everyone in my group.
Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 07:14 PM   #29  
Mad Swapper

Ok I think we all need to eat some chocoalte and take it easy. :P

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 07:23 PM   #30  
Mad Swapper

This might be why we are waiting... It seems to me that stampin up is having a lot of trouble lately. Ever since they moved to the new warehouse. So Stampin up didn't even tell you they didn't put it in???

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 07:24 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by clln
Ok I think we all need to eat some chocoalte and take it easy. :P
OK, sweetie... you've seen me... I've gained back every one of the 10 pounds I lost in the spring from eating chocolate and vedging on SCS. No more chocolate for me. You can have my share :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 07:30 PM   #32  
Mad Swapper

Default What kind are you eating?

Well, I dunno what kind of chocolate you are eatingbut mine has no calories. tha's because I throw away the wrapper quickly!! Thats the key
Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
OK, sweetie... you've seen me... I've gained back every one of the 10 pounds I lost in the spring from eating chocolate and vedging on SCS. No more chocolate for me. You can have my share :p

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2005, 06:41 AM   #33  
Embossing Fanatic

Oh wow! I thought 2 weeks was a long time. I place a lot of orders with different online companies and the turnaround is usually 3 to 4 days, week max.

I've always been disappointed with the shipping time. Maybe I'm just overly anxious to get my goodies.
Sheila
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2005, 06:56 AM   #34  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Again - WOW!

Have fun in your new group!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2005, 05:56 PM   #35  
Crimping Master

2 weeks tops here (usually less) and my demo usually sorts the order and has it ready for pick-up/drop off the same day she receives it. I am definately not patient enough to wait 4 weeks. I am glad you found a new demo. I hope that you don't have to wait a month ever again!

My stuff (I think I am starting to get the hang of this obsession!):
http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...00&ppuser=7739
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2005, 06:38 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I have removed posts containing names to keep this thread from making PRIVATE BUSINESS, PUBLIC.

Should I find more evidence of using SCS as a way of posting Ugly or Hateful things about or TO someone else I will not hesitate to deal with this manner with the Administration.
Thankyou! IF you have questions, please feel free to PM me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2005, 06:44 PM   #37  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you for post what that ment. I was just getting ready to ask.
Reply With Quote Likes