Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTMH vs. SU

I am sorry but the SU fall/winter catalog leaves me not wanting anything. I was surfing the net and decided to look at the CTMH catalog. I was floored how much nicer it was laid out and coordinated with lots of nice ideas. I love the color coordinated brads, clips ect. It also seemed they had great prices. I was complaining about SU having two catalogs but I see CTMH has 4 and guess what I loved each one. It's not how often the catalog comes out, it is what is in it!

I don't have a CTMH demo around me that does club so I will stick with SU because that is where my friends go. ...........sigh

Am I alone in this thinking?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They do have some nice sets in the catalog, as does The Angel Company. I am not an acrylic person so I didn't really look too close, but if you want to order, find a demo/consultant with a website. I have one bookmarked that I found on here and you can order right off of the computer. ( I have had no trouble finding things to order from the new SU catalog, but then again, that is one of the reasons I am a demo for them, I love the products. But I do buy a bunch from other places too, I just prefer rubber.)

Last edited by NYstamper; 10-14-2008 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: Added a sentence
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am a SU demo but I do like CTMH and have some of their stamp sets also. They both are great lines with different products so no, you are not alone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 05:59 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

I love all three - SU, TAC & CTMH. They all have something different. And I love hundreds of online companies also. I want, I want, I want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 08:12 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicole's MomView Post
I am sorry but the SU fall/winter catalog leaves me not wanting anything. I was surfing the net and decided to look at the CTMH catalog. I was floored how much nicer it was laid out and coordinated with lots of nice ideas. I love the color coordinated brads, clips ect. It also seemed they had great prices. I was complaining about SU having two catalogs but I see CTMH has 4 and guess what I loved each one. It's not how often the catalog comes out, it is what is in it!

I don't have a CTMH demo around me that does club so I will stick with SU because that is where my friends go. ...........sigh

Am I alone in this thinking?
Have you used the consultant locater to see if one is near you? http://www.closetomyheart.com/ at the top of the page you click on find a consultant the next page will ask for your zip code.
Its possible that there is one near you that would love to have a club, or already has one going that you could join in. Perhaps your friends would love CTMH too? If you held a party/gathering, then they'd get introduced to the products also.

I have been a consultant for 2 years now, and I truly love the way they co-ordinate everything. I enjoy knowing that it will all match and look nice.
I'm also a huge collector of other things, don't get me wrong! My scrappin and stamping collection is growing by leaps and bounds! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 04:53 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Gee, I think you should find a local consultant and buy a few things. If you really love them, sign up and start your own club.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 05:24 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Default Customer Service SU vs. CTMH

This doesn't really apply to the quality of the products but I wanted to share my experience. I only recently began stamping and became interested in the direct sales companies. The difference between the two demonstrators regarding customer service is markedly different.

The SU demonstrator has been so helpful in asking questions and developing a relationship (and this is from a distance) while the CTMH demonstrator (who is local) offered a free catalog and to place an order for me rather than using the website. I placed orders with both companies (via the websites) and the SU demonstrator contacted me to thank me for the order and later to check if my order was received or if I had questions, while I heard NOT one word from the CTMH demonstrator.

I realize that the CTMH demonstrator is probably not the norm for the company ... but I've decided any further purchases will be made through a different demonstrator.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 07:20 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Hmmm...sorry about your bad experience. I switched from SU! to CTMH because I like the paper designs better in CTMH and I am finding that I am becoming quite fond of the stamps too--there does seem to be a little different way to ink the acrylics than the rubber to get good coverage--but I just love lining my alphas up on an acrylic block and stamping the title rather than one letter at a time. I have never been very good at getting things to line up!! I have tried to compare the colors and some are really close, some are just a shade or 2 off and some are just plain different!! I did find that some of the newer CTMH coordinates with older in color from SU--So all is good
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

I have not done the clear stamps but I am ready to take the plunge. It is impossible to line certain things up let alone letters for a word. I wish SU would give you the choice.

Joan B. I would start a club for myself but life is just to busy for me. I am CEO of three companies and I don't need one more thing to be in charge of. Otherwise I would be on it for sure. What is the policy for CTMH? How much in sales do you have to have to keep your demo status?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 04:49 PM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just wanted to let everyone know that The Angel Company does NOT sell clear stamps...

Our stamps are Blue Rubber stamps and they deeply etched stamps at that.

And our stamps use a acrylic block instead of wood block for stamping.

We also Carry 12x12 Scrapbook Designer Paper and Cardstock (Bazzill CS)

I know this was about CTMH and SU, I saw someone mention The Angel Company Acrylic stamps.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #11  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,391 Likes on 521 Posts

I've been a SU demo for almost 3 years now, but one year ago I rediscovered CTMH after an 8 year absence from them. *WOW!* I LOVE them! I love CTMH to the point that I just might sign up once I am no longer active as a SU demo (which I'm letting happen naturally). I'd be strictly hobby, but I find myself constantly looking through CTMH catalogs and almost exclusively using their stamps anymore. I just prefer their images and style. I do like SU's papers better, due to their thickness, but I also like that CTMH has white core cardstock. I love both companies' accessories. I'm not big on using patterned paper, but CTMH sure has some gorgeous patterns! And even though the catalogs are smaller, I love that they come out 4 times a year because I look forward to seeing the artwork in them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 05:19 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think that all three companies offer beautiful stamps and excellent product. I went down the UM road for a while several years back and found that for me, it was a nightmare trying to figure out what I had and where it was. CTMH seems to have come up with a really nice indexing system in the little packet and I like that. At this point, I am not in love with the different texture of the acrylics and not sure I want to switch from rubber to acrylic because of that (plus can never seem to get it to ink right) but I do like the fact that you can see where you are stamping when using acrylics.

Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 05:29 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

To bad we can not combine the best out of all the companies and just have one that has it all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Deborah

I can totally understand what you're saying. I left SU in May and signed up with CTMH. I struggled with this for good 1 1/2 year out of my 4 1/2 year with SU. I finally gave up that battle and went with CTMH and I don't regret it one bit.

Here's the info:
Here’s the information on Active & Junior Consultant:

Active Consultant
-Submit $300+ each calendar quarter (Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep, and Oct-Dec) to stay
Active and not fall to JC. (22% discount/commission)
-have access to everything (monthly magazine called “KeyNotes”),
-We are able to pre order a month early.
-We get to see our new products a month early!
-Access to the Consultant’s Bulletin Board (AWESOME forum!)
-Recruit many as you want!
-You can have Tier I or II website. With Tier II, you can have online shopping (with propay).

It is VERY easy to do $100/a month! Their products sell itself! To basically break it down monthly total BEFORE tax and shipping will be around $80 monthly which is AFTER the 22% discount.

JR Consultant (New program – Effective October 1st, 2008!!)
(You will get dropped to JR Consultant after a quarter if you don’t meet the $300.00/qtr.)

-Submit less than $300 each calendar quarter, and move to Jr. Consultant status, but you will still be in my downline. (10% discount/commission). Remain at JC status by submitting sales within a 12-month period of time. Become active by placing $300 within any calendar quarter.

-Submit $0 in a 12-month period of time, move to JCCU (Jr. Consultant w/Corporate Upline, 10% discount/commission). Become active by placing $300 for TWO consecutive calendar quarters, and then you will be re-instated as an Active Consultant.

-You will lose your down-lines.
-You will not be allowed to recruit.
-Won’t be eligible for product discounts that Active Consultant enjoy.

However, you will NEVER be dropped from the company unless it is written email, by mail or verbal phone call with the corp. That is great news!!
www.jensmessystudio.com
www.facebook.com/jensmessystudio
Reply With Quote Likes