Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTMH Demo?

I am debating whether to become a demo for CTMH. Ladies who are, do you like it? What are the perks? What are the cons? Is there still such a thing as a junior consultant? I have searched the threads and found some interesting older info, I would like some updated info, especially considering our current economic climate. TIA!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Anyone?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I am not a CTMH consultant but from what i have read on here and from the vibe i have look into this, and try to contact a consultant who will guide you and not force you into maybe joining CTMH. I do believe they seem a better company to be under their umberella so to speak another words you wont end up wet through like some demos have for another dsa company dare not say the word in case i get bashed on here.
The products a realistically priced they have a junior level and dont just dump you like other DSA companies, do in fact if i lived in AMERICA and not the UK i would definately join because i know i could make it work.
PLEASE check out the thread i did on WHO LOVES CLOSE TO MY HEART AND WHY and you might get a consultants contact on there and send them an email im sure they will be pleased to here from you.
I do hope this helps a little
regards Andrew
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 07:11 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 249 Likes on 133 Posts

The SCS moderators suggest that you please visit the CTMH website to locate a few demonstrators in your area. In that way, you can query them specifically with your interests, and hopefully find someone with whom you feel comfortable as your demo. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 05:37 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, everyone!
We've spent some time talking about this thread, and have decided to reopen it for discussion. Thanks for your patience, everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 06:51 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

I've been a demo for 3 years. Intially I started up just so my best friend and I could get the discount but after awhile I dropped down to junior consultant and the discount only covered our shipping. I love the product, love the ideas but cant see myself buying enough to stay at full consultant status. Now if you have a potential area to do classes and offer workshops then go for it. Like I said I love the product but I live on the farm and in the winter people do not like driving out here. Half an hour out of town and gravel roads do not encourage peeps to come. Maybe next year I might try again for day workshops on the weekend. Just make sure that your not spending more just to get the discount is my advice if you do sign up. Good luck in whatever you choose.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

CTMH has some videos of consultants that might help you.

Consultants get a 22% discount on product and can go up to 34%. Shipping is 8% (I think) of the total including free items (standard shipping). Tax is charged on all hostess rewards based on their full cost. Discounted product is taxed based on its discounted cost.

There is a $300 quarterly minimum. If you miss that you drop down to Junior and receive 10% discount on product. To get back to the 22% you need to have a quarter that is $300.

There are 3 catalogs a year and as an active consultant you get a free copy. They offer specials like the stamp of the month (where you can get it free), special kits that include paper, stamps and embellishments, or discounted stamps.

They offer a website that you have to pay a fee for. They do not process credit cards of your customers so you need to sign up for a pro-pay account. To take advantage of any sales, you can only place an order on your website that you buy or work it out with another consultant to order from their site.

You can advertise any corporate sales on your blog, facebook, twitter etc. You cannot advertise any non-corporate sales on any of these sites.

They have great paper, stamps and accessories. One of their top sought after items is their stamp pad caddy. It is well designed. Their paper is packaged in zip lock bags, their stamps in cute storage envelopes. Their stamps are thick acrylic. They have some really awesome how to books. They offer workshops on the go which contain paper, an exclusive stamp set, a full size embellishment and a how to guide.

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

I think Michelle summed up quite a bit of it all in a great way!

I wanted to add that as a CTMH consultant, you have access to a board similar to this to chat, exchange ideas, and generally get to know other consultants.
CTMH also offers online "classes" that will teach you how to succeed in your business. If you do not have the tools, you will never succeed. The classes cover the art, the product knowledge, business knowledge and people skills to grow your business as big as you want.

I am more of a "hobbyist" in that I do not hold classes or do gatherings much. I love the company, and somehow manage to make my minimums each quarter. I have friends that help me, and I enjoy sharing with friends here on SCS too.

If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask them. We'd love to guide you in your decision.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

WOW ladies! First of all, thank you Jenn for re-opening this thread! You're awesome! Second, thank you all for the great information. I think I might join up, I think there is a new catalog coming out in January so I might wait for that one. No use joining now with a catty that is almost out of date. :rolleyes: Thanks, again, everyone! I knew I could count on you ladies to give me the low-down! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Congratulations, Jen! You're going to have a blast! And it's always great to start at the launch of the newest catalog, lol! Enjoy...and best of luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I am really happy with my decision to join CTMH, but I will tell you that I have spent my "allowance" all the way through next summer just since previewing the new catalog this morning. I have absolutely no self control (and no huge studio either!) so I'm just warning ya!:mrgreen:

I think you get the Felicity paper kit with your consultant kit and it is just gorgeous. I am going to buy a 12x12 frame to display my Felicity creation in because I just love it.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:38 AM   #12  
Crimping Master

I am just a jr. consultant, but I still get a 10% discount. I love that I don't have to buy too much to be a jr. consultant, but I still get a discount. I love the new Spring Catalog. I love the papers and there are several stamp sets I want. The new January stamp of the month is adorable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafty1021View Post
WOW ladies! First of all, thank you Jenn for re-opening this thread! You're awesome! Second, thank you all for the great information. I think I might join up, I think there is a new catalog coming out in January so I might wait for that one. No use joining now with a catty that is almost out of date. :rolleyes: Thanks, again, everyone! I knew I could count on you ladies to give me the low-down! :mrgreen:
The new consultant kits are now carrying the new spring idea book and items from the new spring catalog. Anyone who signs between 12/1 and 4/1 will get the spring items.

Suz
CTMH Director
http://suzastampin.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

[QUOTE=Suzastampin;15659272]The new consultant kits are now carrying the new spring idea book and items from the new spring catalog. Anyone who signs between 12/1 and 4/1 will get the spring items.

Ahhh, good to know! Thanks! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #15  
mai
Embossing Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also considering becoming a CTMH consultant. What have the past bonuses been for signing up as a consultant. It sounds like January's bonus is the Felicity kit. Not sure what that is and wanted to know if it's a good deal versus other specials they have for consultants kits. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Likes