Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-17-2020, 09:14 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heart Cricut Joy

Wondering if anyone has purchased a Cricut Joy and if you like it. I just want to print out text titles and WordArt for my Scrapbook pages. Is this little machine good for that? Or should I purchase the Cricut Air 2? I bought the original Cricut that used cartridges but sold it...may be regretting that now. Appreciate any help...Sheila
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2020, 12:14 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Cricut Joy can only cut. You would need the Cricut Maker or Explore to do Print & Cut.

I do have a Cricut Joy. I adore mine to pieces. It was my best purchase of 2020. I also have an Explore. I really do like my Explore. This is only personal preference. The Explore is to large for my needs. I tend to only cut out titles, do paper piecing, small type things so when the Joy came out I needed it. It was a need and relief to get. I never cut with my Cricut anything over 6x6.

I have other advanced die cutters that are not Cricut for my other needs. My large Cricut was redundant.

If you want to cut larger than 12x12, you plan to cut materials that are heavier than cardstock, if you want to Print & Cut then you can not use the Cricut Joy. Cricut Joy is made for small projects.

Hope that helps.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2020, 05:33 AM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Thank you DeeAnn for your response. I think I'm going to take the plunge and by the Cricut Joy. It fits my needs! I look forward to posting my projects.

Sheila
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2020, 03:18 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I have a Cricut Joy and it's the perfect size for my desk and for small-ish cuts (up to 4.5 inches). It handles about 90% of my cutting needs. I think you'll enjoy it!
Reply With Quote Likes