Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #1  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crafting Warm Fuzzies

We have several threads about people insulting our crafting efforts, and those threads are critically important for venting our outrage and hurt feelings over the rudeness we're subjected to by the ignorant, unwashed masses of noncrafters. Most, if not all, of us have been there and felt that pain.

But how about a thread to share the unexpected warm fuzzies we've received for our crafting?

Our realtor, whose efforts to sell our house have kept me away from SCS for FAR TOO LONG, walked through our house after we signed all the papers to see it all. When he walked into my craft room, he was astonished (well, who wouldn't be? ;)). He didn't ask any of the typical questions (how do you find the time? do you save a lot of money? etc.). He wanted to see my cards, asked me how they were made, how to use certain tools out on my desk, etc. I thanked him for his interest. He said, "I play in a band. I know all about obsession. Now tell me your blog name again."

The next day, he called out of the blue and wanted me to confirm the blog name. He was actually checking it out. He had nothing else to tell me, just wanted the name of the blog.

Even if he has fully satisfied his curiosity and never mentions it again, I think he demonstrated some seriously kind people skills!

So what about you? What warm fuzzies have you received because of your crafting?

And if you say you haven't had any, send me a PM and once we're moved, I'll send you one!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,392 Likes on 522 Posts

Well, I have 3 daughters (ages 11, 9, and 6) and the teachers have told me they were excited when they found out they had "one of the Steele girls" because they knew I gave out handmade cards as gifts throughout the year. That made me feel awesome!

I also got the same reaction when the girls were all under 5 and in a Mother's Morning Out church program one morning a week. I would craft during those 4 hours and then give what I made to the staff there.

My grandmother's favorite gift is to receive a stack of handmade cards from me (she loves mailing cards out) along with a roll of stamps.

Others have called me over the years at Christmas time to tell me they were very happy to get my handmade card.

I'm fortunate in that I've never gotten a bad reaction to anything I've made. I've gotten NO reaction but that's ok. I had fun making what I gave. The vast majority of responses have been very positive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work at a Veterinary Hospital. Last March a dog was brought in that was found in Newark starved almost to death. The dog, Patrick, became known round the globe due partly to Facebook, his popularity eventually led to a custody court battle. The hospital administrator had to work with the Prosecutor on the case. The Prosecutor's dog passed away a few months ago. Our Hospital Administrator asked me if I had a pet sympathy card that the hospital staff could sign and send to the Prosecutor. I did. Last week I was told the Prosecutor has the card on display in the office next to a photo of the pet and plans on having it framed. Warm Fuzzy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I recently made a card for a friend to give along with a gift at a co-worker's baby shower. My friend couldn't wait to tell me how thrilled her co-worker was with the card and held it up for everyone to see.

I often get no comment from people to whom I've sent cards, including my brother and his wife. Then after a couple of years my sister-in-law told me she has every hand made card I've sent them displayed in her living room because they love them so much. You just never know sometimes how much something is appreciated. Not everyone is vocal about telling you.

Free cat hair with every card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

We recently had a church bazaar with people donating items they made and all the money raised going to local charities. I am a rotten cook, and I can't sew, but a stamping friend and I volunteered to make some paper crafts to sell. We raised over $300 at our booth by selling items made from materials we had in our craft rooms. It felt really, really good that something I enjoy so much could be used to help people in need. And hopefully, the people who ultimately receive our cards (and the food purchased with the money we raised) will get a little warm fuzzy too.

Great thread, by the way!

Brooke
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 06:12 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

I've lucky because I have had nice comments on the cards/3D items I have made and given out. People have told me that they have all the things I have given them.

I was pleasantly surprised this Thanksgiving by my husband's nephew (he has a PhD in some subject I wouldn't understand at all. Even his mother said when he showed her his thesis, all she could say was that the text was nicely placed on the pages!). He commented that they look forward to my handmade Christmas cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

After Christmas last year, one of my husband's aunts wrote me a note telling me how much she loved my card and had spent hours trying to figure out all the details on it. It was stamped, had DP paper, faux stitching, die cuts and bling. This alone made up for all the homemade" comments others have made over the years!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I smiled reading everyone of these experiences. Thank for the thread. For the birthday parties that my 6 year old daughter has been invited to this year, I made altered composition books with matching RSVP pen, a drawer box with notecards and envelopes, a grunge flower bookmark and an altered Crystal Light container with mini-markers. One little girl told my daughter that she for sure had to come to her birthday party and would I make her a book, too.

As my best friend says, "Stamping....it's cheaper than therapy" to which I add, "Not by much".

My mom was the proud recipient of my first handmade card. Cost $200.

~My Gallery~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Great thread! I think the most recent 'warm fuzzies' I got was a comment I received on my blog. Someone said "You've inspired my Christmas Card making mojo". How awesome is that? It's one thing for someone to 'like' what you have made. To inspire is a great feeling!

My Stamping Pad
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 12:24 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,064 Likes on 819 Posts

My half-sister, and I wouldn't have expected this of her, keeps all the Christmas cards I send and uses them as part of her Christmas decor each year. She had her Thanksgiving card on the table as part of the decor this year...a neighbour also keeps her Christmas cards and brings them out each year. It's nice getting those warm fuzzy feelings from non-crafters, for sure.
I recently sent a card to someone I know a bit, who is battling cancer. Her cousin is someone I know really well, and gave a set of cards to as a Christmas gift last year. Apparently she hadn't used them as they were *too nice* to send, but when she saw how thrilled Liz had been to receive the one I sent (she'd brought it with her to show), she decided it was time she started using hers up ;-).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 02:24 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Heart

Great thread Susan! Lovely to read everyone's stories.

My warm fuzzy to share is that we had a neighbourhood barbecue lunch last weekend and whilst we were all sitting around the table, we got onto the subject of our Christmas plans, Christmas shopping and posting out cards. One of my neighbours said that she has kept all of the Christmas cards I have made for her and on the 1st December, she brings them out and displays them around her home because they are like works of art! I was lost for words - in fact, I was quite choked up with emotion - and I think it was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about my cards. Once my cards are sent, I never worry about what happens to them - so to think that someone actually keeps them, was, well - wow!!

Oh, and I do have a 2nd quick fuzzy: the Christmas card I made for my husband last year, he went and bought a picture frame, popped the card in and put it on the wall. When I talked about taking it down after Christmas season was over, he said he wanted to leave it on the wall because it was a work of art and deserved to be framed! What an awesome guy! Wow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 02:37 AM   #12  
Watercolor Wizard

Oh, I love reading all your stories!!!! Sitting here with a silly grin on my face this morning, and I haven't even had my second cup of coffee!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 03:33 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

All these stories are so sweet! Thanks to the original poster for starting the thread. It's so nice to see some people are so appreciative.
My fuzzy story- One of my neighbors keeps the cards her husband gives her in a small keepsake box. I was with her when she was putting one away and imagine my surprise when I saw that she also kept all the ones I've made her since I've known her! I was so touched. She doesn't keep the cards her grandchildren nor other family give her, and yet she keeps mine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 04:37 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

My DH asked me if I was making Cards for little gifts for the ladies at his work...I wasn't planning on it but he said they all love my cards(I gave them some couple years ago, but didn't think they were impressed) So before we went to the party I divided up the Christmas cards I had done for myself and gave the girls a set of cards. Luckily there are only 4 ladies but another employee was bringing a GF, so that made 5 packages. They were all thrilled with them and took them all out to check out . It made me feel good that they did love them. They all told me the cards were beautiful and Thanked me for making them. Needless to say, now I have to make my Christmas cards again. Oh well...It will be fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 05:14 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

The biggest and best compliment I have received...after seeing the decorated tissue box i made for my Christmas decorations, my mother asked me to make 8 of them for her to give as gifts. I made them for her and she couldn't wait to call and tell me that the girls she gave them too loved them and couldn't believe that I had made them because they were so beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 05:35 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

I must say, the number one reason I do this hobby is to see joy when people receive a card. I know I LOVE when I get a card, as it really brightens my day. I have so many people from working asking for me to make cards as they are so special and personal etc. Not only do they love them, but hearing that makes my day. I am asked often why I am working at my job instead of doing something with my crafting. That is a high compliment. Also, all my nieces and nephews always clamor at a chance to creat "art" with me in my basement. If that isn't warm and fuzzy, I don't know what is..That makes my day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 06:45 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

One time I sent a little halloween treat to each kid in preschool and had a handmade by sticker on them well to my surprise when I got home a mom had emailed me thanking me for the treat.

It made my day...
Some swim instructors now look for my kids in their class list cause I try and remember to send something at the end.
My oldest just started school and I sent halloween treat bears for her class and the teacher thought they were super cute and my husband was thanked at the bus stop for them the next day by another mom.
I have to say the best warm fuzzies I get is here on SCS when someone looks, comments or favourites my creations. Knowing how it makes me feel I try and spread some love each week.
Coming from other crafters seems to mean more to me maybe its because we understand
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #18  
Watercolor Wizard

Please keep the stories coming. These are so uplifting to read!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #19  
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I have been sick with some junk since last week. Tomorrow will be day number 4 to be out (I did go Monday but that was a mistake) of work (I teach preschoolers so I know where I got it). Anyway, I have been feeling really sorry for myself this afternoon and I totally needed this. I think the biggest thing is that I have people who want to buy cards to give as Christmas presents AND I have had tell people that I should quit my job and make cards and sell them full time (if they only knew)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love this thread. Mine is a bit silly... but it relates to this thread.

My warm fuzzy is this thread-- a group of people took the time to share the good things that happen when making cards instead of leaving only the "bad" up there. On another board we're discussing blogs and people keep commenting on how no one is "real" about their lives... it's all blog perfect. A few of us keep pointing out that warts may be real, but the rest of our warty bodies are just as real. Why don't they count?

This thread was a blessing for me... my card warm fuzzy... because someone cared enough to show the "non-warty" side of the hobby.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

It gives me the warm fuzzies when the ladies at church purchase my handmade cards in the bookstore (I donate all the cards) and then will come and tell me how much the card was liked by the receiver. Also when I get a little email or note in the mail from one of our awesome soldiers letting me know how much he loved the box of cards I sent to them. It is the little things that keep you going...
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

My family has always expressed appreciation for the cards I make, so I've always felt warm fuzzies from them. But what I think stuck out the most was when my sister told me that my nephew and his wife (and I've never even met his wife, they live on the other side of the country) keep my Christmas card displayed all year.

I also got warm fuzzies when my son's kindergarten teacher asked me to make covers for all the scrapbooks she put together for the kids at the end of year, because she liked all the cards and 3D items I made for her throughout the year.

And I'm lucky to have never heard anyone say anything negative about my cards or hobby. I don't know what they've said behind my back, but the comments I've heard have only been positive, thankfully.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Great thread! My husband has often told me that I look at the world through rose-colored glasses, but I truly prefer focusing on what's right with the world than all of the negative, so thanks to everyone for sharing their stories!

My mother-in-law (91 years old now) was a shopaholic and a bit of a snob - had to have brand names and REAL gold and all the rest of it. She leaves the cards I make her up on her mantel for MONTHS after whatever occasion I made them for, just because she likes them! She says, "I can always tell when you made it, because it's so much fancier than the ones from the store."

My favorite one, though, is something my best friend Sherry did: I was NEVER going to make cards ("they take too long...") even though she tried her darndest to convert me. One year I decided to make her birthday card. It was a long time ago and she still has that card up on the bookcase in her craft room! I get a warm fuzzy every time I see it there... (and yes, I'm totally addicted to this hobby now, thank you very much - she created a monster.)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My ultimate warm fuzzy happened about two and a half years ago, when my niece Melody was two and a half. My sister (her mom) said Melody was having trouble taking naps. To help her sleep, my sister would ask Melody to choose a card (amongst all the ones I had sent to Melody and her brother Luke) and then my sister would leave to get the chosen card. This way, Melody was focused on her mother getting the card (as opposed to "abandoning" her). My sister would return with the card and place it in her crib to help her sleep. (Already a huge warm fuzzy!!) One day, Melody chose one of the cards I had made for her BROTHER! My sister asked why, and Melody said it was so she could think of him while she fell asleep. Awwwwwww!!! Melted my heart!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #25  
Watercolor Wizard

Yikes, Sophie, my heart is melting, too! How sweet is that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have one that just happened today:

One of my co-workers, a good friend, asked me to make her 2 Christmas cards this year to send to her sister and parents -- she said she's not sending cards to everyone, just to the special people. I made 2 extra of the ones I was making for myself so I didn't think it was such a big deal. Today, I emailed her and said they're done. Then we had an mini-argument how much to pay me -- and it was that I kept objecting that she wanted to pay me TOO MUCH! Finally she emailed back and said, "it's all part of my plot to have you see money for your work so you can finally have courage to sell at a craft fair."
wow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #27  
Mad Swapper

Well my family are my greatest fans, but I was recently invited to an artist friend's house for lunch. She asked me to bring some of my projects to share with her. I was a little nervous because she studied art at the Pratt Institute and her illustrations are published by a major book publisher. I brought my most "artsy" creations including my journal, some notecards, tags and various projects. She loved it all and thought it was wonderful that I make art that is useful and that I can give away. She even asked if she could keep one of my note cards. That's what I call a warm fuzzy feeling!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #28  
Glitter Guru

Received 816 Likes on 534 Posts

Hi Susan -

Great thread!

Like so many people have mentioned, I also have a few folks who keep all the Christmas cards I send them and then they display them at Christmas time.

One of my good friends keeps all the cards I send her up on her wall at work.

My sister asks me to make the table favors for the holiday luncheon she hosts each year for the hospital volunteers she supervises. This year I made 270 corner bookmarks; last year, it was 270 of the M&M candy sticks. :p

DS' teacher and staff love all the holiday/teacher week crafts I send in too. They always say thank you and express their appreciation

So many people like handmade things!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #29  
Forum Fanatic

A dear coworker was diagnosed with a very aggresive cancer and died in the fall. Our office sent him cards during this time. When his wife came in to sign paperwork, she told us how much those cards meant to her and how happy she was when she went out to get the mail and there was a 'bumpy' envelope there. She still has them all on her mantel.

Then, of course, my grandchildren saving all of them and sleeping with them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 03:45 AM   #30  
Crimping Master

What a wonderful thread! Love reading the comments so far and can't wait to read more. My most touching warm fuzzy came from my hubs, of all people. I spent several days making him a card for our 25th anniversary. I expected the same reaction as I always get when I give him a card - "Thanks". But I actually got TEARS from this very non-emotional man. That was almost four years ago, and he still has that card on his bedside table.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #31  
Embossing Fanatic

My New Warm Fuzzy: Finding out that not only is my boyfriend wanting to go the Renaissance fair in Virginia in the Spring. He actually searched with me online and I'm making his costume - which he is excited to wear.
I made him a pair of trews and a leine (Irish medieval pants and shirt) for a themed wedding. He loves his shirt, and he liked the pants so much, he asked me to make several more, but with pockets to wear as lounge pants.
...he ASKED me to MAKE something for him. Yesterday he told me I was "awesome" in regards to my crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #32  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My daughter works as a parole officer at a state prison. She told me last year that she saves her Christmas cards from me each year to decorate her office with! I also know she is obsessed with "Sock Monkey", so one year for her birthday I did a punch art one for her and she had to call and tell me how much she enjoyed getting it in the mail...ah, kids know how to warm a Mom's heart.

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

My sister loves to receive my cards so I give her many boxes throughout the year. She is always telling me how she loves to give them out to her girlfriends. When I was at her house recently, she showed me the huge bins she has them organized in. It warms my heart to hear her tell me whenever she uses one of my cards to give a girlfriend.

When I was at Cathie's house, her girlfriend said, "Cathie just gave me one of your cards and I have it framed sitting on my diningroom table."

How cool is that?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #34  
Inking Addict

Today I went around and passed out my holiday/Christmas cards around work. I heard numerous "I love your cards, can't wait to see it" and that was before they opened them. I got back to my office and there was an e-mail waiting for me:

"Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!! Another amazing creation from you!! Your cards make me SOOOO HAPPY!!
Thank you for always thinking of me!!"

That right there made making them this year worth all the effort.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #35  
Crimping Master

Today I had DH call me just as I was about to walk out the door to take DS to school and he asked if I could come into his work and help out a friend with some posters, took me about 10min to get all my stamping gear together and whisked out the door. After completing the little project (with lots of curious onlookers, esp when the heat gun came out!) my DH proudly asks if anyone wants me to make them their Christmas cards!! :eek: Still trying to get my own finished yet, but I just loved that he was that proud of me and my crafting skills.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #36  
Stampin' Fool

This is a wonderful thread! I'm glad I "stumbled" across it. It's awesome to read all of your stories!
My warm fuzzy is a work in progress - lol! Our daughter is pregnant with twins (our first grandchildren). 2 of my good friends/neighbors are having a baby shower for her and asked if Grammy would make the invitations as they couldn't find any that were as pretty as what they knew I'd design. I was flattered by the compliment and I'm very excited to be making shower invitations for my own grandbabies to be!
Our blessings abound!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #37  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

My two SILs have given me warm fuzzies about the card sets I give them for Christmas or birthdays. One year I wanted to give one SIL a set for her birthday but DH had something else he wanted to give her. After she opened that gift she emailed to beg me for a set of cards. When she got them she called to gush over them. While on the phone with me I heard her say to her little boys, "Don't you touch them!" :lol:

Before Thanksgiving I saw on FB that the other SIL had sent me a message that she was down to 5 cards and is desperate for more. When we saw her at Thanksgiving she had to tell me again how desperate she is and that her friends call her after they receive my cards to gush over them. So all of our siblings will be getting sets of cards for Christmas this year...I just have to figure out who gets what out of my stash and what else I have to make to fill in the gaps.

One of the TOP warm fuzzies was when From Our Hearts let me know that a soldier thanked them for one of my cards that he used to send home!!!

You just never know how far your cards will travel and how they will touch someone. I pull cards out of my stash that I've made all year for swaps to send and then that person tells me how it was the perfect card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #38  
Mad Swapper

Thank you Susan, for starting this thread! What wonderful stories!

I'm fortunate that I have never had anyone put down my cards - I have had some non-reactions but I can live with that!

My mom is my greatest fan and has kept all of the cards I send to her and my dad. She shows them to friends who say "Charlene made ALL of these?" I also make my grandmother and mom their Christmas cards to give out and I know my mom gets positive feedback on them.

One of my favourite responses was from my friend's husband. Yvonne broke both ankles at the same time (while I was with her). I made a card for her. When I saw them next, Peter asked if that was one of the cards I make. He wanted to know how I did everything - the colouring, the punched corners, the glitter - all the details. Because of his reaction, Yvonne then had me make one for his upcoming birthday. I pulled out all the stops and did a very cool masculine card. It was last spring and he still has it in his office. He told me it is the coolest card he has ever rec'd (and he's in his 60's). He calls them art and asked me to sign it! Wow! I just made a retirement one for him to give to someone too.

Another girlfriend ordered a box of spring and a box of fall cards - what a fun project. When I delivered them to her she said that they were too nice to send; I thanked her and kind of laughed. When she took them home, her husband said 'you're not going to give these away are you? They're too nice to send!' I asked her a month ago how the card stash was - she told me has given one away and is framing the rest - wow!

I feel very blessed to receive the reaction I do. I belong to the Teapotters group and in many cases we receive a thank you (sometimes down the road) for all the cards someone has rec'd. Even though we aren't individually thanked - just to know how some paper and ink that was put together affected someone we don't know - that is such a wow and often brings tears to my eyes. Stampers have HUGE hearts!

A few people have mentioned the warm fuzzies here at SCS - I think those are very special especially because there are so many talented crafters on this site and when you notice how many cards are uploaded EVERY day it's amazing that anyone sees an individual card (unless it's in a challenge). I really appreciate people taking the time to comment and I try to do it in return. I feel pretty special that someone notices.

Looking forward to more stories. This is exactly what I needed to read tonight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2011, 03:53 AM   #39  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Warm fuzzies:

1. When a certain queen of simplicity comments on one of my cards and tells me I've knocked her socks off with this one, or knocked that one out of the park.

2. When the Exec Director where I work squeals with glee when she sees I've brought in a new batch of cards. No one else gets to look at them because she always ends up purchasing every one. (I can't keep enough cards made for her - she is from the old school and sends cards to everyone for any occasion.)

3. When my sister sends me a card I've made (I keep her supplied!) with a note inside that says "Isn't this the prettiest card you've ever seen?"

4. When I made my Mom a pyramid Christmas card last year, and she wanted me to make a couple more for her so she could frame them in shadow boxes.

5. When someone at work, getting ready to ask me for something, starts the sentence with "Since you're the creative one..."

Thanks, Susan.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2011, 05:21 AM   #40  
Crimping Master

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

My most recent warm fuzzy came from my dear dear DH. When going through our Christmas list with the usual "What should we get . . .?" his answer for most of the ladies was "Something you made. We can't get anything nicer." And not long ago, a friend said "I hope some of your pretty notecards are coming for Christmas . . . I'm out of last year's batch."

My Little Gallery -- Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes