Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-30-2017, 08:51 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default copic paper

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times. Is there a consensus as to what paper to use for copic markers. I have the copic blending cards and you'd think they would be perfect but I'm not happy with it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2017, 11:35 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I've tried dozens of papers and I still go back to Cryogen white, it's a creamy white not bright white but the coating on the paper lets the copics float a little bit and blend so much easier in my opinion. I get it from cut card stock and I get the 89lb weight for stamping. They also have a text weight for running thru the printer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2017, 04:32 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like to use Neenah solar white paper. I am able to blend with it and normally use the 80lb.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2017, 06:13 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

This is the paper that I use: https://www.amazon.com/Copic-Marker-...dp/B017FCMBPC/

It's a thinner paper (70lbs or 104g/m), which suits me just perfectly because I tend to color and fussy-cut images. If I want to create a whole panel, I mat it with a piece of cardstock.

This is the same paper that was used for the mini marker packs that are now getting difficult to find. It's a specially-coated smooth paper that's very white and blends colors easily and soaks up less ink. It also goes through my printer nicely, so I can print out my digis easily.

Most other crafters I know tend to go for Neenah Solar White (https://www.ellenhutson.com/a-cardst...r-white-25-pk/) since it's a good cardstock in general (and gives smooth blending). I always fret that it soaks up too much ink, but it's been easy to work with otherwise.

I hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2017, 07:09 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I've taken one Copics class from a long-time certified instructor, but am not a colorer. IOW, I don't color pages or large amounts, just use coloring mediums here and there. So my experience is limited.

So far I've used Neenah Classic Crest (not Exact Index) in Solar White and been happy, and I've loved Copic's X-Press It Belnding Cardstock, which was used in the class and was my instructor's fave. It's super-smooth. It's spendy so I use it for special occasions.https://imaginationinternationalinc....25-sheet-pack/

Someone I know likes Georgia Pacific. And the instructor also likes The Paper Cut's White Luster or Cream Luster. You can buy any quantity to try out, even one sheet, and they attend Stamp & SB Expos. Caveat: their search function isn't great, but they'll help you find what you need.
www.thepapercut.com

ETA You can also buy pre-cut tags and various shapes in white or cream luster.

Last edited by bjeans; 10-31-2017 at 07:22 AM.. Reason: Messed up link spacing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2017, 07:14 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen WallaceView Post
I've tried dozens of papers and I still go back to Cryogen white, it's a creamy white not bright white but the coating on the paper lets the copics float a little bit and blend so much easier in my opinion. I get it from cut card stock and I get the 89lb weight for stamping. They also have a text weight for running thru the printer.
Karen, when I search I'm finding it only in metallic - is that the correct one, of if not, . Do you have a good source? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2017, 03:35 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I also took a class with Imagination International and my coloring/blending improved dramatically when I switched from Georgia Pacific to Copic X-Press It Blending Cardstock. I figure that I invested so much in the markers I might as well color on the good stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 06:56 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

I just learned that The Paper Cut removed the word "luster" from their white and cream luster papers because some people thought it mean a coated or glossy paper. You can get as few as 25 sheets now. I didn't realize my much-loved cream cardstock is this product so will play with Copics and report back. Don't be fooled by the photo color; the cream is not gray. : )

The Paper Cut: White
80 Lb Cougar Opaque

The Paper Cut: Cream
80 Lb Cougar Opaque
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 01:06 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

yes it may be in the metallic section. I get it from www.cutcardstock.com and it does have a slight shimmer to it.
Reply With Quote Likes