Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convince me about Unity Stamps

I've been following Unity's blog and I love Angela's posts with quotes and some personal stuff added in with the projects. I would love to love Unity Stamps, but their style is something new to me. I like GinaK's and PTI and, of course, SU.

So, Unity fans, what do you love most about Unity Stamps? And which sets would you recommend for a Unity newbie? I'm not crazy about the flat-wood mounted stamps. I prefer just the rubber cling. I love some of the stamps in their current May KOTM, but not crazy about the others. Will they offer them individually later on? Thanks for all your help.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh i just started using them around 3 months ago, and I love them ,and the company!
great prices and great service.
love their KOTM., some stamps I think to myself not my style but when I see the DT's work, wow., Im amazed.
KOTM price is so worth having ;)
big stamps and great quality!

Your us on hip hop thursday its so much fun! and possibly win some stamps too ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 12:31 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Believe me, if you buy one stamp you will no longer need convincing I have only had Unity stamps for 3 or 4 months, but if you look at my collection, you'd think I had been a customer since the beginning. I just fell in love with their stamps and they are such an awesome deal for such high quality stamps. I was a little skeptical about the wood mount stamps myself, but have found that I do really like them. Some of them are so big that you wouldn't be able to find an acrylic block big enough to hold them! Some of my favorite sets include: Gratitude = Joy, Flirty Flowers, Tiny Giggle Grove, and Love Ewe. I could list every set I own, but I don't think that would help you any

I agree with Martha too, join us for a Hip Hop any Thursday. There is a blog hop at 10:00 and starting at 11:00 am central there is a chat thread that goes all day. There are also give-a-ways all day long, so you could win your first Unity stamp. I don't know of a better way to start your collection than that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to be a HUGE PTI addict, but for the past 6+ months it's all about Unity. I wasn't a rubber fan either, found them hard to use. But Unity's stamps are laser cut so they're easy to position exactly where you want them. Top quality rubber, they wipe clean after use, blah blah blah.

My favorite parts are really the kit of the month- BEST deal on the market now, and the amazingly cute designs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I agree with Laura that once you try Unity stamps you will LOVE them! I won my first set Gratitude=Joy (which I love still today) about 8 or 9 months ago and my Unity collection has grown quickly. There are so many wonderful sets to choose from...I recommend Gratitude=Joy and I see you have Psalm 34:8 in your signature so have you seen the Something Within set? It has beautiful verses and a pretty frame in it too. Simply Said has some nice sentiments and there are a lot of great single stamps that Unity has too! Just be sure to check out the specials every Thursday on Angela's blog and you are sure to get a great deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 01:16 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

Where else can you get 21 stamps for $24 plus only $5 for shipping?

KOTMs are all cling mounted and are a great value with a diverse style. You can sign up for the KOTM, try them, then opt out if you aren't in love. But you will be...
I Blog at The BunnyNest
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Love Love LOVE Unity!! The KOTM is the best value you will find! And it truly is a no obligation thing... I don't always use all the stamps in the kit, but I use enough to make it worth it! If you are a scrapbooker, Unity has the best stamps for that -- especially journaling stamps -- LOVE THEM!!!! I would say that my two favorites are gratitude=joy and the infamous, Giggle Grove. It works so well for masculine cards, not to mention, it's so easy and fun to paper piece or add buttons to.

And of course, most importantly, Unity's customer service is incredible. Join us for Hip Hop on Thursday and you may win some free stamps. It really is a generous company!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #8  
Crimping Master

You guys are quickly converting me. I wish I had posted this last week when Unity had their anniversary sale. I will sure to check out their blog hop. When is that? I live in Croatia, 6 hours ahead of EST. Is there a gallery for Unity per stamp set? I only see the company gallery here on SCS and there's 500 pages of photos. I just want to see cards made using the sets I'm interested in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: In a van down by the river..the Minnesota river in Le Sueur, MN

HI!!! You are in the right place to ask about Unity stamps!!! There is a HUGE community of ladies who LOVE unity stamps!! I only used SU stamps before and I have been a Unity customer since July 2008!!! I LOVE unity stamps, I have not used a SU set or any other company since! Unity brought me in with the AMAZING rubber stamp quality and ease of using them (especially with the AMAZING, INGENIOUS stamping handle system http://www.unitystampco.com/mounting_system ) and Unity has kept me there this long not only for the stamps but for the AWESOME people!!! as you see above Angela is the nicest owner of a company i have EVER met!! She will work to make you happy and she does this on a daily basis, come see HIP HOP thursdays Forums at Splitcoaststampers and you will see the amazing group of people who work at Unity and who LOVE unity! I have made the best friendships since!! okay but back to the stamps, the price is the most amazing thing ever!! I swear we are robbing them every week we order something, Unity has the most AMAZING deals EVERY week, so dont worry about missing the anniversary sale, there are sales every week that will knock your socks off! and yes sometimes Angela does make certain stamps from the kit of the month as singles, not every time, but there is plenty of us who get the kOTM that I am sure will be more than willing to stamp some images off for you!! but what an AWESOME deal that is, I love them every month it comes to my door, and can we say HUGE stamp size, it is amazing how they do that! I am an Unity addict for 100 percent!!!
Unity has some of the most brilliant stamp designers that started out as customers!!! isnt that cool?! The sets are so cute and get better every time new ones are released!!
You will love Unity stamps!! Hope to see you around!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by momtoggkView Post
You guys are quickly converting me. I wish I had posted this last week when Unity had their anniversary sale. I will sure to check out their blog hop. When is that? I live in Croatia, 6 hours ahead of EST. Is there a gallery for Unity per stamp set? I only see the company gallery here on SCS and there's 500 pages of photos. I just want to see cards made using the sets I'm interested in.
We have a BLOG HOP every single Thursday that STARTS at the Unity Blog at 10 am Central Minnesota Time showcasing my Design Team - AND THIS WEEK as a special treat we are having a 100 person Kit of the Month Blog Hop. This will ALSO start on the Unity Blog and showcase what 100 Unity Customers have done with their Kit of the Month. We have close to 1000 kit club members - therefore we will certainly be doing ANOTHER Unity Kit of the Month Blog hop SOON!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

Okay, you guys are sooo good. I just purchased my first three Unity sets (Giggle Grove, Something Within and Gratitude = Joy) from Addicted to Rubber Stamps. I had a coupon for 50% off one item. Now, the sad part is...I won't get to play with them for another month as the stamps will be delivered to GA and I won't make it there till this summer. :(. Now, do you guys have any ideas how to pack your craft room when you travel?:?

Yours truly,
the newest Unity fan (soon to be addict?)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #12  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Okay, you guys are sooo good. I just purchased my first three Unity sets (Giggle Grove, Something Within and Gratitude = Joy) from Addicted to Rubber Stamps. I had a coupon for 50% off one item. Now, the sad part is...I won't get to play with them for another month as the stamps will be delivered to GA and I won't make it there till this summer. :(. Now, do you guys have any ideas how to pack your craft room when you travel?:?

Yours truly,
ALL great sets!!!!!
as for packing your craft room....hmmmmmm- sounds like a challenge!

good luck!!!let us know how it goes!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #13  
Crimping Master

Seriously, Angela, it's your response that helped me to decide to purchase Unity stamps. I just love it when the company owners are really interested in their customers. I think that's why I'm slowly weaning myself off SU. I love your blog posts too. They're always so inspiring and uplifting. Thank you.

Now, decisions,decisions...do I want to do the KOTM club? How much does it cost to ship overseas? I live in Croatia.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

You won't be sorry about becoming a Unity fan/addict, lol! I started buying them right from the beginning, and have been a super happy customer ever since. I was just recently able to join the KOTM club, so I can't wait to get my first one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #15  
Crimping Master

Hi, Becky - I was just browsing through your blog and found a card using a stamp set from TSG that I designed (Cupcake MnM and Tweeterpated sets). Wow, how beautiful your cards are! It's always a joy to see talented ladies like you make something beautiful with my simple drawings.

And yes, I'm sure I will be a happy Unity customer. I can't wait to play with the stamps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beccabatgirlView Post
You won't be sorry about becoming a Unity fan/addict, lol! I started buying them right from the beginning, and have been a super happy customer ever since. I was just recently able to join the KOTM club, so I can't wait to get my first one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #16  
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Just saying HELLO! I'm a MAJOY UNITY FAN! You'll LOVE Unity!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Yours truly,
I have all 3 and LOVE all 3!! Great great choices!!

As far as packing your stamp room...pack it last so it's the first thing you get to unpack! That's all the advice I have!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

if i did math right 10am central time = 5pm your time

i found them last week. love them. oh and there are new specials every thursday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Hi, Becky - I was just browsing through your blog and found a card using a stamp set from TSG that I designed (Cupcake MnM and Tweeterpated sets). Wow, how beautiful your cards are! It's always a joy to see talented ladies like you make something beautiful with my simple drawings.

And yes, I'm sure I will be a happy Unity customer. I can't wait to play with the stamps.
What a small world! I love being on Jessica's team, and your designs are just too cute! What's not to love about CUPCAKES and cute chickens?!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was really happy to see the original post here because I almost posted the same thing myself a couple of weeks ago. It's because I see enthusiasm for Unity and it made me wonder.

Now... I am loyal to a few other companies, so why in the world do I need to love another one, right?! Just a typical stamper - curious about what's going on over there LOL! I loved the Earth day stamp that I saw somewhere ... and I have been to the site to check out the stamps. But only a handful display at a time, right? It gets really tedious to check out the images. Has the site been reorganized or will it be? YKWIM?!?

I have also seen a KOTM that I liked. And kind of scary to me to sign up to get stamps sight-unseen, you know? I'd like it better if it were like Book-of-the-Month Club... where you can ask to skip one after you see it.

Another question for you Unity fans out there: A lot of people mention the large sizes of the stamps. Are they all generally quite large? How large is large LOL!!? If you only make cards and not scrapbooks, are they still a good size?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #21  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
I was really happy to see the original post here because I almost posted the same thing myself a couple of weeks ago. It's because I see enthusiasm for Unity and it made me wonder.

Now... I am loyal to a few other companies, so why in the world do I need to love another one, right?! Just a typical stamper - curious about what's going on over there LOL! I loved the Earth day stamp that I saw somewhere ... and I have been to the site to check out the stamps. But only a handful display at a time, right? It gets really tedious to check out the images. Has the site been reorganized or will it be? YKWIM?!?

I have also seen a KOTM that I liked. And kind of scary to me to sign up to get stamps sight-unseen, you know? I'd like it better if it were like Book-of-the-Month Club... where you can ask to skip one after you see it.

Another question for you Unity fans out there: A lot of people mention the large sizes of the stamps. Are they all generally quite large? How large is large LOL!!? If you only make cards and not scrapbooks, are they still a good size?
I can answer about size. I'm primarily a cardmaker (a couple times a month I do a scrap page). Unity stamps are great for both. Big images, but not too big for a standard card.

There are a few images (mostly phrases) that are BIG that were made specifically for scrapbooking, but most work great for everything. None of the images in the KOTM's are too big for a card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 06:40 PM   #22  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

plenty of room for another one!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Just saw in FAQs on the site that you an opt out on a monthly basis! Now, I like that ;).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 05:43 AM   #24  
Glitter Guru

Once you try unity, you will wonder how you ever got along without their stamps! I have loved them since I first saw them a year ago and have been addicted ever since. The quality of the stamps is incredible and they are very reasonably priced. Their designs are really fresh and different and that's what makes me so excited about them. I haven't gotten my first KOTM yet, but everyone says it's incredible, so I have NO doubts about that and would recommend it to anyone! Another fabulous part about being a unity customer is the people! Everyone associated with unity- customers, design team, and the unity owners- are all incredibly sweet, supportive, and generous! You will find a great group of friends here. Welcome!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Good news to you then, Angela releases the images on the first of each month, but they are not shipped out until the 15th. You have until the 3rd of the month to contact Unity if you would like to skip a month. You can skip up to 3 months in a row before automatically being canceled from the KOM membership. This means you are not locked in to every month!

ETA - Never mind - I just saw your post a couple above that says you saw the FAQ
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #26  
Crimping Master

So for the KOTM if you cancel 3 months in a row and your membership is cancelled, are you allowed to join again later?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #27  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicaluvs2stampView Post
Once you try unity, you will wonder how you ever got along without their stamps! I have loved them since I first saw them a year ago and have been addicted ever since. The quality of the stamps is incredible and they are very reasonably priced. Their designs are really fresh and different and that's what makes me so excited about them. I haven't gotten my first KOTM yet, but everyone says it's incredible, so I have NO doubts about that and would recommend it to anyone! Another fabulous part about being a unity customer is the people! Everyone associated with unity- customers, design team, and the unity owners- are all incredibly sweet, supportive, and generous! You will find a great group of friends here. Welcome!!!
Jess took the words right out of my mouth. Unity is GREAT! From the quality of the product, the variety of stamps, the larger stamps for scrapbooking, the sales, the service, the friendships. I could go on and on. I have been addicted from day one, over a year ago!!! There seriously is no turning back!! I hope you join us on HIP/HOP Thursdays and also look for special challenges in the Unity forum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 04:10 AM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

...can't...take...the...pressure...anymore! Joined the KOTM and bought some more! You guys are good!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 04:26 AM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDebView Post
...can't...take...the...pressure...anymore! Joined the KOTM and bought some more! You guys are good!!!!
You won't regret it! Unity Rocks! Their stamps are amazing! Check out the blog hop today starting at Unity's Blog at 10am Central. Amazing work from their Design Team!! Prizes to win too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 05:43 AM   #30  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I've been following Unity's blog and I love Angela's posts with quotes and some personal stuff added in with the projects. I would love to love Unity Stamps, but their style is something new to me. I like GinaK's and PTI and, of course, SU.

So, Unity fans, what do you love most about Unity Stamps? And which sets would you recommend for a Unity newbie? I'm not crazy about the flat-wood mounted stamps. I prefer just the rubber cling. I love some of the stamps in their current May KOTM, but not crazy about the others. Will they offer them individually later on? Thanks for all your help.
I am hosting a Unity card swap its a great way to see what they have come join and have fun!!! Check it out!!
Unity Swap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #31  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

So for the KOTM if you cancel 3 months in a row and your membership is cancelled, are you allowed to join again later?
I'm sure you can! Their customer service is so good... but that would be a good question to ask Angela, because I don't work for them, so I don't want to say for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes