Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default constant borrowing

I have been ask by some girls, how to tell a fellow stamping club member, that they can not always used "borrowed" stamped images to publish their blog, or enter contests, has anyone come accross this, they are ok with sharing just want to be asked before their images are used for blogging or contests.

Last edited by Kcustom; 07-04-2009 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: thought process was wrong in post
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

Let me make sure I have this right. People are letting someone borrow their stamps - said someone stamps with them, then enters the cards made with said image into a contest or puts it on a blog? Um, the borrowers need to either learn how to say no or get over it. I guess I don't understand why someone couldn't use a stamped image (even if they borrowed the stamp from someone else) for a contest or blogging - seems like I'm missing something here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry, Kelli, I guess I'm not really clear on the situation, either...can you be more specific about exactly what this person is doing?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

I read it as this person is using someone elses cards/ideals and posting them on her blog instead of using her own ideals/cards. I could be wrong though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 05:29 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was going to post that I didn't understand the question, but thought maybe I was just being dumb. Glad to see I'm not alone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 05:35 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

i am reading this as, club member stamps images from stamps that were borrowed, or even others stamped the images for her and then she uses them in cards, then submits them.
honestly i dont see the problem with that, as long as the overall card design is her own.

if she is taking the whole card design away from the club then submitting them as her own work, thats not cool, but to use "borrowed" stamped images, i think the friends need to get over it.

No way would i tell my friends that the images gave them they couldn't submit with. We share so we all can have more goodies to stamp with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 06:44 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Default CLAIRIFICATION

i GUESS THE ISSUE IS THAT THEY FEEL THEY ARE BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THEY BUY STMAPS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD, AND THEY BUY LOTS OF THEM, AND THE ARE EASY TO ORDER. AND THEY THINK THAT THEY SOULD JUST ASK BEFORE USING THEM FOR CONTESTS OR BLOGING, THEY HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH USING THEM ON PERSONAL CARDS OR SCRAPBOOKING. I GUESS THEY FEELL TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF, AND UNAPPRCIATED. THEY ARE ALL GREAT GIRLS! WE ALL SHARE OUR STAMPS, SOME JUST TAKE THE BORROWING TO THE EXTREME. WE HAVE ALL BEEN SCRAPBOOING TOGETHER FOR YEARS AND IT IS CAUSING TENSION. WHAT WE NEED FOR OUR CLUB OF ABOUT 16 IS A STAMPING EDIQUETTE I GUESS! SO EVERYONE CAN WORK TOGETHER AND NOT FEEL TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF.

Last edited by Kcustom; 07-05-2009 at 06:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 06:46 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

The way I'm reading it is that someone in a club where they share stamped images is using them to make cards that she enters in contests, puts on her blog, etc. I honestly don't see what the problem is, if that's the case. If the others have a problem with that, I don't think they should be in the club. I also think that they should be the ones discussing it with her, not you. JMHO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

If person A (lender) is paying for the stamps and person B (borrower) never pays for stamps and then wins a prize then yeah, I would be tired of it. I think I would make light of it with her and tell her it is her time to share both prizes and stamp purchases. She may not even realize what she is doing (then again she may) but until you tell her you are upset she will never stop. Silence is a big green light to continue behavior.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 06:52 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

I APPRECIATE EVERYONES THOUGHTS. ITS AN AKWARD SITUATION.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 06:55 AM   #11  
Glitter Queen

LYNDA THAT IS EXACTLY HOW THE GIRLS FEEL, AND THE LENDERS JUST WANT THE AIR CLEARED, AND WANT TO GET RID OF THE TENNSION IT IS CAUSING.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 06:56 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think the problem is that one person is not putting themselves out financially as much as the others in the group. She doesn't have to buy any stamps as she is just using what the others in the group are buying and reaping the benefits with blogging and contest entries.

I think it is a difficult situation without being totally honest that people are feeling taken advantage of. However, those letting her do it have to set the rules or change them.

Maybe change how your group works and do limited supply challenges or something similar when you meet up. I have no problems with people borrowing my stamps (yes they cost but I have no problems with that ) I would have problems however with people using my paper stash and not offering something in return (now whether I take up their offer is whole nuther can of worms)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 06:58 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oops already answered! I compose too slow.

IMHO try to come up with a solution that keeps the majority happy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 07:00 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcustomView Post
i GUESS THE ISSUE IS THAT THEY FEEL THEY ARE BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THEY BUY STMAPS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD, AND THEY BUY LOTS OF THEM, AND THE ARE EASY TO ORDER. AND THEY THINK THAT THEY SOULD JUST ASK BEFORE USING THEM FOR CONTESTS OR BLOGING, THEY HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH USING THEM ON PERSONAL CARDS OR SCRAPBOOKING. I GUESS THEY FEELL TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF, AND UNAPPRCIATED. THEY ARE ALL GREAT GIRLS! WE ALL SHARE OUR STAMPS, SOME JUST TAKE THE BORROWING TO THE EXTREME. WE HAVE ALL BEEN SCRAPBOOING TOGETHER FOR YEARS AND IT IS CAUSING TENSION. WHAT WE NEED FOR OUR CLUB OF ABOUT 16 IS A STAMPING EDIQUETTE I GUESS! SO EVERYONE CAN WORK TOGETHER AND NOT FEEL TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF.
(Just an aside ... when you write all in caps, it's the equivalent of shouting. I'm guessing by the lower case i at the beginning that you didn't intend to shout ... ?)

I'm guessing the person doing it doesn't realize it bothers you (I could see me doing it, never guessing that it was offensive)*. I think you either need to let her know it bothers you, your intention with sharing is for personal use, not blogs, contests, etc; you wish to be asked in advance of something (public, I'm guessing? Sending a card to a friend with a 'gifted' image is OK?); you'd appreciate some recognition, thanks, etc.

If you're not comfortable with that, then stop sharing the images. Find a polite way to decline the sharing.

*whole cards or colored images ... that's a different story, that's some elses' artwork.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 07:00 AM   #15  
Glitter Guru

Just a couple of questions. . .

Is there a reason the borrower does not purchase her own stamps?

Is the borrower a new stamper or has this been going on for a while?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 07:01 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Holy schmoly ... y'all are fast! When I started composing my post, the one I quoted was the last one in the thread! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 07:04 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by transprntbutterflyView Post
Just a couple of questions. . .

Is there a reason the borrower does not purchase her own stamps?

Is the borrower a new stamper or has this been going on for a while?
I'm curious too - whether it is oblivious-ness or selfishness or budget constraints or what.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 07:06 AM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

This is how I interpreted it. Somebody else OWNS the set and the other lady borrows it and stamps some images OR the owner of the set stamps some images and gives them to the lady. Then this lady uses the images on her blog.

MY opinion is that the "borrower" should say that she received the stamped image, that is displayed, from a friend and thank her on the blog.
If she has entered a contest (regardless of whether she won or not), the borrower should again thank and give credit to the owner of the set for use of the image.

Now if the whole card has been done in a class or a friendly group stamping session, she must give credit where credit is due.

If she entered a contest that required an original design (sketch), to me, she would be considered as "cheating," if the design were not her own, as far as the contest is concerned and "stealing " from the person who actually did design the sketch for the card. So, she is "guilty" of 2 things.

If she entered a contest based on coloring, then her coloring would be her own but she should still give credit to the others involved, the owner of the set and the owner of the design.

I don't know if I explained it all clearly.:confused: I started to get myself confused here. LOL!

I guess to put it VERY simply: She must give credit where credit is due. That is only what's the truth, what's fair and what's polite.

The problem really is, ( in MY opinion) that these "lines" of what is right and wrong have become extremely "blurred: ( to say it politely) in our society. People make their own defintion now of "right and wrong.'

WOW! You ladies DO write fast! When I started this, everybody was still asking for clarification of what what going on! LOL! I'm a slow poke.

Last edited by kitty14; 07-05-2009 at 07:10 AM.. Reason: added info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 07:07 AM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

I guess I didn't see the problem either until I read a little more. It's when anything gets out of balance. ANYTHING!!! Using the stamps at first was not big deal but it goes on and on. I would eventually get to the place where I'd be tired of always lending my stamps to someone who rarely buys stamps. IT's because it's ongoing. It's too bad that those lending the stamps couldn't just say something...but what do you say? Just be kind I guess and let 'er rip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 07:12 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

I like Isis's and Michele's questions ... good to think about.

I agree with Linda ... saying nothing is a green light to go ahead which sounds like the problem so far.

I'm confused though about what the club is all about. I used to stamp with several friends and sharing was what it was all about (of course we're not 'puter savy and don't get into blogs and certainly not talented enough to think about contests! LOL!) ... so perhaps the rules of the club need to be cleared up a bit?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

The stamp club I've participated in is a hostess club for SU where you make a minimum purchase per month and then get hostess benefits for one of the months. Sounds like this is more of a group of ladies getting together to enjoy stamping.

I honestly have no idea how I'd handle the situation. Apparently, people are becoming upset that one member is "coasting" on their purchases and that can get tedious as it is. To be entering contests (and winning!) with borrowed images could be a bit much to expect other members to take. She must have told them about the contests, right? I don't keep up with that so I'd never know if the person didn't tell me. I'm also curious if she is just using stamped images or more than that. For using more than just a stamped image, in contests and public forums she needs to acknowledge the source. That's only common sense and I think that is good stamping etiquette.

I'm also wondering why she has to borrow so much. She's in a club that shares ~ what does she share with the others?? If she borrows stamps so much, does she even have some to share that others don't have?? Does she have unique talents that she helps others in the club?? Does she share, too?? If not, you have a really difficult situation on your hands . . . she needs to realize that it's a give-and-take if people in your club are getting annoyed by her borrowing.

If you have to talk to her about it, these words come to mind: Sincerity. Empathy. Tact. Reality. In other words, treat her like a friend, but make your concerns known. If there's this much concern in your group, you don't want to have the tension and irriation spoil it for everyone, but you don't want to hurt her feelings either. Maybe encourage her to make a contribution to the group.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #22  
Glitter Queen

There is no budget issue, because they spend in other areas of their life.

our club is centered around "Close to My Product Line" but we all have and use everything, we get together once a month, and do what ever makes us happy plus a make and take. they don't mind sharing we all share, but there is borrowing, and there is over the top borrowing!

your all right it needs to be addressed, I want to write a list of proper stamping ediquette for our group, do's and don'ts so everyone is on the same page, ok to borrow for personal use and outside that (blogging and contests) what the proper ediquette is, its hard not to offened anyone, and also make the others happy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 08:17 AM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

I guess I'm in the minority with my opinion on the situation but here it is:

I feel that when someone loans out a stamp set or gives away a stamped image, the borrower should be able to do with them as she pleases. I know that in this craft it's constantly stressed to give credit where it's due, but it becomes a bit much when we expect "credit" for simply owning a stamp. It's not like she's stealing an original design or original artwork. One of my favorite things about cardmaking is the whole sharing aspect of it. I understand that some may be upset that this person is taking advantage of others' purchases, but then why is there a distinction between using the images for private use versus putting the card up on a blog? I guess the bottom line is that if they are uncomfortable with any type of use of the image, they should find a way to say no next time.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Here is my take on this.......
1- This is a group of people who are "friends" and meet regularly to share and create????

2- While meeting these "friends" share stamps???

3- One of the "friends" who uses shared stamps posts her designs to her blog and enters contests (and maybe wins a few)???

4- Some of the "friends" are upset that she posts her work with the stamps they have purchased but the "friends" dont have the maturity to speak to her, they are discussing this behind her back????

5- As a former junior high teacher, sounds like immature and catty behavior to me, If you are a "friend" and have a problem with someone in your group, why not talk to them immediately, why share with others and ask a 3rd party to intervene? Sounds like a lot of needless drama to me........ If something bothers you, as an adult you owe it to yourself to privately talk to the "friend" about it, thats part of being a grownup

Just my 2 cents worth

When I meet and share with my "friends" there are no strings attached, thats part of friendship, If i dont want to share it, I dont bring it

Hope you all are having a happy 4th.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #25  
Glitter Guru

I've been following this thread since it began and I guess I'm just confused.

If my neighbor borrows a cup of sugar from me, I don't attach any strings to how she uses.

If I continue to let her borrow all of the time, then I have no right to resent how she uses the sugar. If I don't like the fact that she is using the sugar I let her borrow to win cake baking contests, then I need to say something, or stop letting her borrow my sugar.

I was raised that gifts do not come with strings attached. When you give someone a stamp set or image to use, there should not be strings attached. If you let someone borrow an entire stamp set, then, yes, there should be an understanding that the set itself is returned quickly and in the same condition as when it was loaned.

If there is an individual or individuals in the group who do not like how Betty Borrower is using the images they let her borrow, then it is their place to say something to her or say "sorry, no".

There may be behind the scenes reason for her borrowing that no one is aware of. If she is only borrowing images and not materials, what does it matter how she uses them?

I guess I just don't get it.

Good luck to you. It looks like you have a situation which, no matter how it is handled, is going to result in hurt feelings somewhere along the lines.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't think I spoke very clearly about the contest issue either. I guess I can see where people are a bit irritated if she's bragging and going on about what she did, but I agree with Cal Bear Stamper on the fact that if you are going to share images, you don't have much to say about how/where it gets used.

Obviously, you are having issues with people in your club being upset and I think it's a good idea to lay down ground rules for everyone without singling anyone out publicly. This is probably something you didn't think you'd need at the start - I wouldn't have!!

I guess in my last post I should have said, "If *someone* has to talk to her about it... " because I agree with GrammaPixel - if individuals have trouble with other individuals, they do need to handle it between themselves as adults. You're not responsible for their feelings. They can talk to her privately and keep you out of it.

This is probably why I would never try to have a stamp group LOL!! Too much nonsense for me ;) Good luck to you and I hope it gets worked out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 08:46 AM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

If my neighbor borrows a cup of sugar from me, I don't attach any strings to how she uses.

If I continue to let her borrow all of the time, then I have no right to resent how she uses the sugar. If I don't like the fact that she is using the sugar I let her borrow to win cake baking contests, then I need to say something, or stop letting her borrow my sugar.

I was raised that gifts do not come with strings attached. When you give someone a stamp set or image to use, there should not be strings attached. If you let someone borrow an entire stamp set, then, yes, there should be an understanding that the set itself is returned quickly and in the same condition as when it was loaned.

If there is an individual or individuals in the group who do not like how Betty Borrower is using the images they let her borrow, then it is their place to say something to her or say "sorry, no".

There may be behind the scenes reason for her borrowing that no one is aware of. If she is only borrowing images and not materials, what does it matter how she uses them?

Good luck to you. It looks like you have a situation which, no matter how it is handled, is going to result in hurt feelings somewhere along the lines.
Excuse me for borrowing your Post :p:p......... You made a great point..... In the end there will be no winners in this....... So damage control needs to be set in motion

Why not make a group agreement, that when the "friends" meet, everyone is expected to bring at least ONE new stamp...... cite the current economy and the need to stretch crafting budgets......... ONE stamp is very affordable if a person can afford all the other material that go along with this great hobby

I LOVED YOUR CAKE EXAMPLE.......... thank you for posting a great analogy

BTW if my friend won baking contests, I would ask her to help me be a better baker and share her skills and talents with me....... I would be happy for her successes not jealous and/or envious :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

This is how I was feeling about it too. Almost exactly!

On a side note... I don't understand the problem with using them on her BLOG... A blog is a personal use webpage. I think it's petty to get upset with her posting finished projects from an image she stamped from a borrowed set on her blog. I also think it's silly to get upset about her using them in a contest. But that's just me.

If the lender has a problem with it just remind her that 'No.' is a complete sentence.

View my BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #29  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal Bear StamperView Post

I feel that when someone loans out a stamp set or gives away a stamped image, the borrower should be able to do with them as she pleases. I know that in this craft it's constantly stressed to give credit where it's due, but it becomes a bit much when we expect "credit" for simply owning a stamp. It's not like she's stealing an original design or original artwork. One of my favorite things about cardmaking is the whole sharing aspect of it. I understand that some may be upset that this person is taking advantage of others' purchases, but then why is there a distinction between using the images for private use versus putting the card up on a blog? I guess the bottom line is that if they are uncomfortable with any type of use of the image, they should find a way to say no next time.
That's how I feel too. I wouldn't think that I would have to get "permission" from the person who stamped the images or lent me the stamp in order to use them as I please. I also wouldn't be in a club with people who felt that way. Too much tension. I'm a person who shares with no strings attached. I think it's just making a big deal out of nothing; and if she's winning those contests, it appears to be a touch of the "green-eyed monster."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by austamperView Post
This is how I was feeling about it too. Almost exactly!

On a side note... I don't understand the problem with using them on her BLOG... A blog is a personal use webpage. I think it's petty to get upset with her posting finished projects from an image she stamped from a borrowed set on her blog. I also think it's silly to get upset about her using them in a contest. But that's just me.

If the lender has a problem with it just remind her that 'No.' is a complete sentence.
I think the problem is - the other ladies in the group are feeling taken advantage of.

I am also wondering if the secondary problem is that she isn't sharing information with them about entering contests.

I would consider my blog personal use - I stamped it, colored it, put it together and I give credit if I am inspired by another's work or if I CASE it. To me I'm showing people what I made with something whether that is tin can, lined school paper or whatever.

I think a lot of people in papercrafting get a bit het up if someone gets more attention than they do or points out that it is really just a twist on an established technique. I have yet to see a truly revolutionary technique presented in the papercrafting world that I haven't come across in another form elsewhere.

Personally if sharing is upsetting people they need to get to the bottom of why they don't want to share their toys - they may blame the other party but usually the answer rests within themselves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If they otehr girls are upset on how she is using the images - then they need to say something or stop borrowing their stamps out.
I really don't see why the image stamper should have to ask to use them to make something for her blog or enter a contest. She should not have to give credit either for a borrowed set.
If she is stamping a whole mess of all the stamps at your monthly meeting so she does not have to buy any of the stamps herself - then yes I would say something if it were me.
Times are hard for everyone right now and I have to buy my own stamps, I do share but those people share back with me and if 1 person would come every month to a group and use all my new stamps to just stamp images so she would not have to buy any and save her money - then I would feel used and have an issue with that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

Default minority too

Quote:

I guess I'm in the minority too. If at the club she uses someone else's stamp to create her own card, what she does with it has nothing to do with the club. Personally, it sounds like jealousy to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

Sounds to me like they are mostly just tired of being "used?" You know how some people just use and use and use people not really giving in return? Not that sharing has strings attached but if it is always one sided and constantly one-sided then it becomes an issue like being taken advantage of. I like to share and not be mean but don't use me. Sounds like she's a user. I'm not sure what the answer is, I distance myself from those type of people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #34  
Crimping Master

In general I agree with Scrapjanny et al who say 'I don't see the issue.' There are two factors that would cause me to change my mind: 1)if she is not sharing the info with people that the contests are there so they can enter too; and 2)more importantly, if she is not ever bringing any of her own stamps for the others to use.

I know in my gang of friends, we discuss what stamps we like and we will try to not buy the same ones. That way we have a bigger pool of resources. We do make exceptions for some sets of course... a friend and I both totally fell in love with Seaside in the last SU catalogue and both of us got it, because we live 30 mins from each other and we knew we would use the set enough that we wouldn't want to wait until we could get together. Other sets, one of us will like it alot more than the other... in that case the person who likes it more gets it and the other person waits and uses it when we are together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #35  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

My sentiments exactly, perfectly explained. I wonder if she was not receiving accolades on her blog and contest if they would even be complaining about it. Almost like it is okay to use them as long as your work is not as good as ours. I dont like the fact that they are attaching strings to their "generosity". They should either say "NO" to her or just forget about it. I think they are putting the OP in an uncomfortable spot if they are asking her to intervene. And if they are not asking you then let them settle it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think I'd have an issue with it. I'm not a huge stamp sharer or image give awayer. But if I did I don't see how I'd have a say in how they used it.

BUT, it is bothering your group. They feel used. If they feel badly then they should discuss it. So as to your question of how to tell the borrowers I answer, gently. I don't think we can assume that the borrowers are intentionally taking advantage of their friends. The issue is that their actions are making their friends FEEL taken advantage of. So you may want to make some guidelines. I would be careful, however, to try not to offend the borrowers.

I think this thread shows that the guidelines on this are not totally clear. Some folks clearly see why it's wrong, some folks had no idea why it would be a problem. So if your group wants to make an issue of it I'd do it carefully.

that's my two cents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #37  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

I agree completely!!
One thing I am not understanding is the excessive borrowing? If I am understanding correctly, she is also sharing and borrowing her stamps so that part is confusing me.
I feel credit or a thank you is due if someone else is stamping the images for her and giving or sending them. I haven't ever been in this type of group but I have participated in the WRAK and PIF forums here, the ladies have thanked me for the images I have stamped for them, however if I have seen them use the images on their blogs or in their galleries and have not been given "credit" it hasn't bothered me, I have already been acknowledged.
I also think that if it is bothering some of the ladies, they really need to address her and not have someone else do it for them, sure it can be uncomfortable but it isn't right to pass that on to someone else.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #38  
Gallery Gazer

There is nothing wrong with someone entering contests or blogging with "borrowed" images. If your group is about sharing and borrowing, then I find it very targeted to exclude work done and images borrowed at your get together from contests and blogging.

If you want this person to borrow less and contribute more, then address that.

I have read several other good bits of advice and perspectives. I hope that everything works out well for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

For the most part, I wouldn't care beans one way or the other if someone borrowed my stamps and then entered a contest and won, or published the cards on her blog, as long as there was some give-and-take. She borrows from me, she lets me borrow from her. I probably wouldn't even have a problem if it wasn't even give-and-take, especially if I knew there were reasons (her stuff is in storage, financial things, whatever).

BUT - if she wanted to enter a contest sponsored by, say Gina K, where the requirements stated that Gina K stamps must be used, and she never bought a Gina K stamp in her life and doesn't intend to and decided to use mine instead, I'd be rather bent out of shape about that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #40  
Rubber Obsessor

My thought is borrow away, "But" I sure would like the favor returned.
I would love to have someone to share with. More images to use and my husband wouldn't be so upset with my spending, LOL.
...and I really can't comment on the blog or contest aspect as I don't do things like that.
Reply With Quote Likes