Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Commenting on SCS Cards
Always comment 27 10.63%
Sometimes comment 216 85.04%
Never comment 11 4.33%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2006, 05:49 PM   #41  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I see something I like, I comment and try to say specifically what it is that I like about the project -- no matter how many or how few comments are already there. You never know what your one comment might do for the person you are leaving it for.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2006, 09:46 AM   #42  
Crimping Master

Smile Comments

I know it's unfair, but I don't always comment. I'm in a rush and think I'll come back to it later and then forget. On the other hand, I have gone into the gallery for no other purpose but to leave comments on cards so maybe it evens out. I will try to do better with this poll being a nice reminder to do so!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2006, 10:34 AM   #43  
Forum Fanatic

I try to comment on most of the cards I look at full-size. When I am looking at many cards (like today, trying to find inspiration for a card for my grandparents-in-law whom I love to pieces) I tend to leave more comments on those cards with fewer comments, and leave the very popular cards without comment. Otherwise, I try to comment on every card.

ETA: I usually try to make a specific comment to the card, but sometimes I just don't understand why I love the card and just say how beautiful I think it is. Hopefully the gallery owner doesn't mind.

Last edited by Mahloumel; 02-18-2006 at 10:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2006, 01:20 PM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

I have such limited time to view the gallery and do not get to every day. What I do is on the weekends is go back 7 days and try to catch up and leave posts on what stands out to me. I will even go back 14 days, if I haven't been on for awhile. I wish others would take the time to go back a few days and see if there is any thing they missed!! There are so many beautiful cards to comment on its hard to comment on them all.
I have a question for all of you out there. There are a few new posters to this web site that I have seen posting cards and never get comments on them. I click on them and I can see why. I know we are not putting negetive comments on them and I wouldn't want to. But how do you post an encouraging comment to help some one get better at this craft without feeling like you are saying you aren't good enough yet and that why you aren't getting the comments. I have seen several ladies cards I wish I could say something like, if you would use a background stamp or embelishments it would make this card better. But I feel its not my place, unless they ask for the help by asking what they could do better on a certain card!! What is a person to do in this situation?? I know I love to get comments on my cards and I do have a few in my gallery that no one has commented on and I can understand why and wish some one could tell me what I could improve on. At times my sister Stampinstel does over the phone and my daughter thecardpixie does when we are stamping together. But we feel it isn't right to leave a comment that might hurt others or sound like we are better than others, because we know we are not. How do you feel about this?? Let me know!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2006, 01:37 PM   #45  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

[QUOTE=ninarose]II have a question for all of you out there. There are a few new posters to this web site that I have seen posting cards and never get comments on them. I click on them and I can see why. I know we are not putting negetive comments on them and I wouldn't want to. But how do you post an encouraging comment to help some one get better at this craft without feeling like you are saying you aren't good enough yet and that why you aren't getting the comments. I have seen several ladies cards I wish I could say something like, if you would use a background stamp or embelishments it would make this card better. But I feel its not my place, unless they ask for the help by asking what they could do better on a certain card!! quote]

The only problem I see with that is most of what we post is our own "artwork". I think if a person puts a card up, they're through with it. It's the finished product. I acually put up a card and asked for comments on what additionally I could do. It seemed lacking to me, yet, I couldn't figure out what it needed. Someone mentioned a change on my card colorwise. The whole point of the colors I used was a theme. If I changed the color, it would change the whole card to me. Maybe you could PM the person a "suggestion". Something like Saw your card and thought I would case it. I also thought about adding ___________ to it because......." I also have some with zero comments. I guess it only appealed to me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2006, 02:04 PM   #46  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stolynn
I usually comment on the ones that really impress me or sometimes I look for cards w/o comments.
Me, too! I voted "sometimes."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2006, 12:29 AM   #47  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninarose
I have a question for all of you out there. There are a few new posters to this web site that I have seen posting cards and never get comments on them. I click on them and I can see why. I know we are not putting negetive comments on them and I wouldn't want to. But how do you post an encouraging comment to help some one get better at this craft without feeling like you are saying you aren't good enough yet and that why you aren't getting the comments. I have seen several ladies cards I wish I could say something like, if you would use a background stamp or embelishments it would make this card better. But I feel its not my place, unless they ask for the help by asking what they could do better on a certain card!! What is a person to do in this situation??
I wouldn't leave anything about improving a card unless I was specifically asked for my opinion, or if I knew the artist. I assume that someone has posted their project because they are proud of it, and I wouldn't like to argue as everybody's tastes are different. Occasionally I say that the card is great but the photo doesn't do it justice because sometimes it's just a case of the photo being blurry or not cropped.

If you really want constructive criticism on a card, ask for it in the title and the comments will come flooding in as people can't resist a challenge! There was a "brutal honesty" thread recently which was great as people invited opinion, received it, and some went away to remake the card. But you have to be ready for criticism!
Reply With Quote Likes