Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-27-2006, 05:35 PM   #1  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas 2006 holiday fun

Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!
You know the drill. Don't be a scrooge!!! FYI: this is stamp related because under the question "What is the most favorite gift you have received?" I wrote 'stamps.'

I received this email from my friend Melinda - here's the rules. If you read this, you have to post the answer on your blog or website and post the link in a comments here so I can read them!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Parents wrap /Santa just puts his under the tree

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? colored

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No but I have a mistle-toad that I hang up

5. When do you put your decorations up? Before Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Salads of all kinds

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Santa Mouse and Christmas Boots (in addition to stockings)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't understand the question.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? One present on Christmas Eve (always a surprise!)

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? All of it lights and ornaments and sometimes garland

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it if I don't have to drive in it but I hate being cold.

12. Can you ice skate? ROFL I'm taking the 5th.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I'm pretty sure it was stamps!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with husband and kids.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Santa Mouse, Ornaments for each child each year, and Christmas Eve Pajamas (shhhh that's a secret)

17. What tops your tree? An angel unless it's broken

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Receiving (did you need to ask?)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Santa Baby

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum (but just one)

21. Stockings? Or no Stockings? (Filled) Stockings

22. Do you like sledding? yes (but I don't want to get cold)

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? To Texas in 1986 (once and only once because I hated being away from home for Christmas)

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Cookies and Milk and Cheese for Santa Mouse.

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? My decorations!

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? Not ever!

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? My husband **never** took time to do things fun for himself - I gave him tickets to an event (mostly sporting events, movies, etc) for every month January to June and wrote a poem to go with it.

28. Most fun Holiday memory? First married Christmas when we went with my Dad and cut down our own tree - and it was huge (almost too big for our apartment).

29. Do you wrap your own gifts? Yes.

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Christmas day dinner at Grandma's.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2006, 05:45 PM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper
27. Favorite gift you've ever given? My husband **never** took time to do things fun for himself - I gave him tickets to an event (mostly sporting events, movies, etc) for every month January to June and wrote a poem to go with it.
That's such a great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2006, 06:01 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wraps them unless it is a doll or bike

3. Colored lights on tree/house or clear?
Colored

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
yup!

5. When do you put your decorations up?
usually between the 10th and 14th

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding desserts)?
mashed potatoes or my aunt's sweet & sour meatballs

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
christmas eve at my aunt's...still do it, with 13+ grandkids now, it is getting crowded!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
no clue!

9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?
we did one ( from Santa) on christmas eve at my aunts....DH usually an't wait and wants to do gifts after we get home from my aunts too.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
colored lights, and ornaments I have from when I was little as well as a dozen or so new ones I get each year

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
if I can be inside watching with noplace to go...love it.

12. Can you ice skate?
a bit

13. Do you remember your favorite gift as a kid?
the Xanadu soundtrack and a cassette tape player to go with it.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
christmas cookies

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
talking about the ornaments as I hang them...though if DH hears about the one I made in 3rd grade one more time, I may get hung on the tree!

17. What tops your tree?
a star....looking for a new one though.

18. Which do you prefer---giving or receiving?
giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
grown up christmas list-amy grant
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
not my thing really, but they look cute on the tree

22. Do you like sledding? not anymore

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? back to NY from Fl
24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? yup
25. What gets you into the holiday spirit?not much lately

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? nope
27. Favorite gift you've ever given? my sister had the cutest candy dish that broke one year....last year I about killed myself and found a new one.
28. Most fun Holiday memory? MAking my sister tell me all I got the night before, promising her I would tell her after....lol, she is 33 and still falls for it

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Christmas day dinner at Grandma's.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:50 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 520 Likes on 234 Posts

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Ooh, hard choice!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Don't do Santa

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope

5. When do you put your decorations up? Mid December

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ham

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Hmmm....don't remember much in that arena

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Don't remember

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Never

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights, all very special and unique ornaments...lots of them handmade

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it!

12. Can you ice skate? When I was a kid I did a lot...now? HA!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Too many to mention!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The special time we have with our kids and grandkids...whatever day that may be...its always when everyone can be there.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? My dad's way of orchestrating the package opening process...its a real adventure!

17. What tops your tree? A Star

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? One Small Child

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum...in Spearmint

21. Stockings? Or no Stockings? Stockings...opened before breakfast...presents after...when my kids were home, presents were after showers too!

22. Do you like sledding? Prefer an inner tube!

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? 60 miles

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? No

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Decorating the tree!

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? Almost always!

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? Lots of them...this year we are making an iron bed for my sister...last year it was adirondack chairs for 2 of our kids...the other will get them this year, the first in their new house.

28. Most fun Holiday memory? Taking family pictures every Christmas day...always a laugh or more!

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Don't really miss any of them.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 07:53 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This is TOO fun. Mistle Toad {snort}

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 08:14 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wrapped in special Santa paper!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white

5. When do you put your decorations up? Just after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Stuffing

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: waking up EARLY on Christmas morning - and hoping/praying for snow on Christmas eve

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? what truth?? well... my lil' sis found the santa paper one year...

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? no way!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? lights & ornaments - no real theme

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? love it when it is white and fluffy - hate it when it turns black and slushy!

12. Can you ice skate? but of course - got my 1st pair when i was 3! (double-bladed, of course!)

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Spirograph!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Having some quality time with family and friends

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Midnight mass

17. What tops your tree? right now - nothing... not sure what to put up there, we got a 9' tree and not sure we can reach that high!

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? giving - and hoping they like it!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum YUM!!!!

21. Stockings? Or no Stockings? Yes stockings hung by the chimney with care

22. Do you like sledding? LOVE it - sadly we have no snow here.

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? went to Japan to see my grandparents when they were still alive

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Cookies & Coke (milk might spoil)

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Christmas music and the holiday scents

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? sort of... it sure starts out that way, but by the end - who knows!!?!?

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? A to Z album for my DH (all the reasons why I love him A to Z) with coordinating photos

28. Most fun Holiday memory? getting proposed to last Christmas Eve just before we left to go to midnight mass

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? the excitement of wondering what Santa brought...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:02 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I love both

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wrap

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? colored, but I love the way all white looks

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put your decorations up? Weekend after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? don't have a favorite

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: My grandpa always hid our new teddy bears from us and said he went hunting while we were out on the beach.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember how old I was but I remember telling my Mom there wasn't a Santa and she told me that if you stop believing in him he stops coming. So I said I believe in him.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? If we are at home dh and I open our gifts to each other after the kids go to bed on Christmas eve if we go to the inlaws we open Christmas day

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights and ornanments

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it

12. Can you ice skate? nope

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? nope

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Right now it is going to Detroit.

17. What tops your tree? An angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Receiving of course, but I really enjoy giving to my kids.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? The Friendly Beasts

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum

21. Stockings? Or no Stockings? Stockings

22. Do you like sledding? I did when I was a kid

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? We always go from MD to MI. We used to go to MI from WA

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Cookies and Milk and a note

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? It doesn't take anything to get me in the spirit. I start watching movies and longing for T-day to be over so I can play Christmas music in Oct.

27. Favorite gift you've ever given?

28. Most fun Holiday memory? I don't know that it is my Fav. but I gave my Mom some new towels and wrapped them in a thighmaster box. She didn't know that it was actually towels until a week later.

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? I really miss the big family gatherings that my Mom had every year at her house.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 10:02 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate (Or coffee)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? If Santa's Gifts are small enough to go under the tree, he wraps them, and often delivers them early! If they are too big for the tree, they are delivered on-time and unwrapped!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White this year, but I have an appreciation for both!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, it has a special hook that hangs above my door!

5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon after Thanksgiving as I can convince Thomas to get them out of the garage!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Stuffing... I just love the stuff!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Decorating the tree... complete with tinsel!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What "truth?"

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Usually one gift on Christmas Eve, but this year I am working Christmas Day, so we are having our big "opening" on Christmas Eve!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Love to play with ribbon, and then ornaments! The tree is pre-lit!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow??? You meen that stuff up on the mountain?

12. Can you ice skate? I have never actually tried (the only ice around here is indoors, anyway)!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My camera! And Jewelery!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with Thomas and my Family.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve... it's always our biggest family gathering (and it's at night, so adult drinks are acceptable)!

17. What tops your tree? A star. With a bow underneath, this year!

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving. I usually want to give everyone their gifts before Christmas because I can't wait to see their reaction!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Christmas is All Around (you have to see the movie "Love Actually" to appreciate it).

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum if I'm in the mood for one, Yuck if I'm not!

21. Stockings? Or no Stockings? Stockings hang all over the walls at our house, with two large ones that get filled for us every year!

22. Do you like sledding? Never actually been. I've been tubing on the mountain, does that count?

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? Well, I guess the 8 hour trip to Bullhead City to see my Dad every other year was the longest.

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Cookies... I guess it would be nice of us to leave out carrots for the Reindeer, too... never thought of that!

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Decorating... Christmas Music... Shopping!

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? I try... but then, inevitably, Thomas picks some paper that so doesn't "go" with my scheme!!!

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? I think that would be the first year we were married, I gave Thomas a really nice shotgun that he wanted, which he still loves (it sounds redneck, I know, but we are a hunting family, and we treasure out guns)!!!

28. Most fun Holiday memory? Last Christmas... setting up our "glorious" 9 foot tree we had bought, and hearing Thomas say he thought we should have gone with the 12 footer!!!

29. Do you wrap your own gifts? Well... I wrap the gifts for Thomas and others, then Santa and Thomas wrap the rest!

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Christmas morning at Grammy and Ponka's... Everyone just kinda does their own Christmas morning thing now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 10:18 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Parents wrap /Santa just puts his under the tree

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No I am afraid dog will get it (not good for dogs to eat)

5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Rolls

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: My parents taking us to see all the christmas lights everyone had put up and singing christmas carols

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Actually all our presents on christmas eve right after christmas eve service as church

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights and ornaments mainly my kids have made

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I have a love hate relationship with it. It is nice but will look forward to not having snow from halloween to easter!

12. Can you ice skate? ROFL I'm taking the 5th.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? a cabbage patch kid named Guy Brett

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? family

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? ornaments we get the kids every year that fit their personality or likes that year, dressed up little ones for christmas eve service

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I'll be home for christmas

22. Do you like sledding? No my neck is sore recalling last year's sledding trip!

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? from Ohio to Missouri

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? cookies

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? christmas music

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? I try

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? Plane tickets to my father in law to come visit us in Alaska

28. Most fun Holiday memory? First married Christmas with my hubby we borrowed my grandmas SILVER tree and put up decorations that we cut out from McDonalds happy meals!

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Just being with my parents
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 10:30 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps the ones from him, and I wrap the ones from us.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? WHITE!!!

5. When do you put your decorations up? Before Thanksgiving, and turn them on thanksgiving night.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Creamy cucumber salad

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Driving around Christmas Eve looking at all the lights and drinking hot cocoa

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My cousin spilled the beans when I was 9

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yep, my kids open their new pajamas that night.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With lots of snowmen and snowflakes.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I live in WI...it's not an option

12. Can you ice skate? Umm, prolly...but it wouldn't be pretty!!!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I have lots of them...

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Driving around looking at lights, setting out cookies for Santa, and having brunch at Victoria's on Christmas eve with all the girls in my family.

17. What tops your tree? A snowflake

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving!!! I love to see the excitement is other people's eyes!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Love them all!

20. Candy Canes! Only if they are Starburst flavor!

21. Stockings? Or no Stockings? (Filled) Stockings hung on the fireplace mantle...stuffed with lots of goodies!

22. Do you like sledding? yes, but I usually get injured!

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? 75 miles

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Cookies!!

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Music, and shopping on Black friday!

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? Always!

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? A diamond necklace and earrings to my mom.

28. Most fun Holiday memory? Food fight while making holiday cookies last year...our kitchen and our kids were a total mess! But it was fun!

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Spending the day with my grandma, it was her favorite holiday...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 10:36 AM   #11  

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok...I wanna join in the Reindeer Games:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot toddies with warm brandy.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Kids are all grown, but I always wrap a gift for my DH from Santa.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Only if I can find some.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend or the weekend after-depending on if I'm traveling at Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Candied Yams

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Being with all of my cousins on Christmas Day at my Grandmother's house.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth? I believe still!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? As a kid we opened all of our gifts on Christmas Eve, but when I had kids, they could only open one...the rest had to wait until Christmas morning (wee-hours of course)

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights with silver, white & clear ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it if I don't have to go out on the roads...Dread it if it keeps family from being together on the holiday.

12. Can you ice skate? Growing up in California, I never had many ponds to practice on, and I hung out at the Roller Rink, but the Ice Rink.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My first stereo as a teenager.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family, undoubtedly.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Baking holiday cookies for friends and family.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving-but I really stress over whether the receiver will like it.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? The Charlie Brown Christmas CD...EVERY song.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum but I prefer Chocolate.

21. Stockings? Or no Stockings? Stockings for sure!

22. Do you like sledding? The few times I have been, I enjoyed myself.

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? 1 hour

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Naw

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Christmas music and sappy Christmas specials on TV

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? with what? The others or the ribbon...not with all the others, but my ribbon always coordinates with the paper.

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? My son's Nintendo-way back in the day...he was so excited.

28. Most fun Holiday memory? Being so very excited on Christmas morning with all of my presents. How joyful I was then.

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Having my parents around to share the holiday with me. They both left this world 7 years ago, and Christmas is always a little sad mixed with joy.
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 10:40 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Always wrapped .
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No 5. When do you put your decorations up? Week or two after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Potato casserole
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Going to see Santa at the dime store
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? There is a Santa, Mom said so...

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights, red ribbons, red glass homemade balls, and loads of treasured ornaments
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love it, as long as I don't have to drive far in it.
12. Can you ice skate? Well I was quite good 30 yrs ago, now not so well
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Engagement ring
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with our families, and celebrating the birth of Christ

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Trimming the tree and going to church Christmas Eve!

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Love them all
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Their ok..
21. Stockings? Or no Stockings? Stockings, kids have cross-stitched ones, and DH and I have knitted ones.

22. Do you like sledding? Yep, love it, and still take the kids.
23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? One yr. we traveled to Vermont(from PA) every yr. we usually go 180 miles or so to the inlaws. 24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Cookies and ice tea
25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? The music, and stamping cards.
26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? Coordinate with what? I hate to wrap, can never find the tape when I need it, and find it the most frustrating thing about the holidays.
27. Favorite gift you've ever given? One yr. I gave Dh a Lionel train set. He had always wanted one when he was younger. 28. Most fun Holiday memory? Getting engaged during a sleigh ride
29. Do you wrap your own gifts? I wrap all the gifts we are giving, except what Dh buys. See 26.

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Not sure...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 10:41 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, I love to get fresh sprigs and place them around the house.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Well, I started pulling the decorations out yestereday. I generally have the house decorated by the first sunday of Advent and then on the last sunday of Advent we decorate the Christmas trees.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My mother in laws stuffing.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Coloring with my sisters in our new Christmas Coloring Books with our new 64 count crayons. I can't wait to start the tradition this year with my 2 year old.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I still believe. It's magic!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I have to do one present on present on Christmas Eve. My parents wouldn't let us do it as kids.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Ok, the Christmas tree in the livingroom is the "adult tree". I decorate it with white lights, gold bows and gold and whilte ornaments. Now the kid friendly tree in the family room is full of color and the magic of a childhood Christmas.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it and live for it! I find warm weather (anything above 40 degress) between Nov. and April down right depressing.

12. Can you ice skate? Although, I haven't had a pair on in at least five years, I have many fond ice skating memories.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Last year watching my 1 year old enjoy Christmas morning. I can't wait to see him attack his stash this year.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve Pajamas and taking my son to see Santa Clause.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I love both!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Emmanuel

22. Do you like sledding? I've never done it.

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? When I was single my friends and I spent Christmas in the Canary Islands (We flew from NYC)

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Cookies and Milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer.

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Cold weather, Christmas Candles and sprays, my decorations, Christmas music.

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? For the big tree in the living room...only gold and white will do. But under the family room tree it's a rainbow of Blue's Clues, Frosty, Santa and bright colored ribbon and wrapping paper.

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? For my parents and sisters, each year I scrapbook my sons year and send that and a DVD of my sons year.

28. Most fun Holiday memory? Our first Christmas as parents.

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? being with my sisters
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 10:54 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate � but egg nog with Kahlua is very yummy!!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Usually just sit them under the tree

3. Colored lights on tree/house or clear?
I have colored lights for the tree, but I like clear, too

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I have this plastic fake mistletoe from when I was a kid � that�s what gets hung

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Dec 23rd J (sadly it�s usually that close�)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding desserts)?
My mom�s seafood pie was the BEST! (I really wish I had that recipe)

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
The huge family gatherings � all the people that would be going back and forth from my house to my grandma�s and back again (I grew up next door to my grandmother's house)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
My brother told me. L

9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?
Yup � but ONLY ONE!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Lights, some tinsel (but not a trashy amount), candy canes, and a mixture of ornaments � many homemade by my parents, brother, me, DD, etc.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Dread it!!

12. Can you ice skate?
HAHAHAHAHA!! No.

My favorite gift wasn�t when I was a kid � the best gift I ever got was the scrapbook my cousin made for me of my mom.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Probably cookies

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I�ve lost a lot of traditions� I think the biggest tradition that continues is the baking of Christmas cookies.

17. What tops your tree?
An angel

18. Which do you prefer---giving or receiving?
Both! J

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Carol of the Bells � it gives me goose bumps!!

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yummy!!

21. Stockings? Or no Stockings?
Stockings! Even the adults get stockings, they�re the best part of Christmas!

22. Do you like sledding?
I haven�t done any in years � many, many years � I�m thinking this year I�ll need to go sledding with DD. (even though I HATE snow)

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day?
CT to RI
24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Yes, cookies and milk for Santa and a carrot for Rudolph.
25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Listening to my Elvis Christmas CD.
26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? I try�
27. Favorite gift you've ever given? Last year when I gave DD her guitar � watching her crying because she was so happy was just priceless. J
28. Most fun Holiday memory? I can�t think of one specific memory�
29. Do you wrap your own gifts? Of course!!
30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Having my mom around for Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Always wrap

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. Don't have any.

5. When do you put your decorations up? By the first Sunday of Advent

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Mom's homemade noodles!!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: When my dad used to go outside when it was time for us to go to bed on Christmas Eve and jingle sleigh bells in the back yard to make us think it was Santa's sleigh. Mom would tell us that we could here Santa on the way, so we needed to get to bed right away.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Picking up on tidbits of information here and there.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not until I was married. DH's family does their Christmas on Christmas Eve and my family on Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights and ornaments that DH and I had received from our parents as children. We also had an ornament each year of our lives together.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I'm a teacher...what do you think? ;)

12. Can you ice skate? Yes....very slowly.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? From DH a cedar chest; From parents a crocheted blanket

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Giving and being with family and friends

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching White Christmas while DH and I decorate the the tree.

17. What tops your tree? A Waterford Star Ornament; pending change with time

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving...I spend too much. I can't say that I hate receiving either!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Winter Wonderland

20. Candy Canes! Yum, especially the new flavorks like cinnamon

21. Stockings? Or no Stockings? Stockings. DH and I pick out little odds and ends to stuff each other's stockings. (Chapstick, fuzzy socks, etc.)

22. Do you like sledding? Yes, but not when the snow is too wet. ;)

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? From Ohio to Florida to see my grandmother when I was younger.

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? We have always left cookies when I was at home.

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Decorating, scented candles, White Christmas, music

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? Not intentionally.

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? My dad's photo printer and digital camera...he is an old school artistic photographer who hadn't gotten into digital media. He has had the printer and camera for four years and still can't stop talking abou it.

28. Most fun Holiday memory? There are so many that it is difficult to choose. Probably enjoying Christmases with both sides of our family in the matter of two days.

29. Do you wrap your own gifts? As in gifts for me?? If so, no. If for other people, yes.

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Being with the whole family at my grandparents' house on Christmas Day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 02:36 PM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Fun Thread!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Who's Santa?

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We have a tree in every room, so both

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yup
5. When do you put your decorations up? If we're not hosting Thanksgiving, we start Monday of Thanksgiving week -- usually finish by that Sunday.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Smoked Copper River Salmon from Seabear

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Christmas Eve dinner

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Our family didn't "do" Santa
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? 1/2 (would open all of them if my husband let me)

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Main tree with special glass ornaments collected over the years. Dining room is pink and mellow moss green, kitchen tree has "food" ornaments, we have a blue and white tree, a red and green tree, a handmade ornaments tree, you get the idea.

12. Can you ice skate? Sort of.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? there are too many to list

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Christmas eve dinner.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Starting on the morning of New Year's eve, my husband and I bunk down in the living room under the tree and watch movies for two days.

17. What tops your tree? A glass tree topper in the shape of a pineapple

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Gabriel's Message

22. Do you like sledding? yes!

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? 1 hour drive to my aunt's house.

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Nope.

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? My decorations!

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? Nope

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? I try to give people what they want, so they're all my favorites.

28. Most fun Holiday memory? Chopping down our own tree at a tree farm

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Christmas eve dinner at Grandma's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 03:47 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

5. When do you put your decorations up? After Dec. 1st

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? appetizers

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: The secrecy of the day of Dec. 24th

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Sw my dad come in to put Candy in my shoe on Dec. 5th - woke up my sister to tell her - I was sooo shocked!!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? All on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? All of it lights and ornaments, and garland.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it to look at - Hate it to go out in it..

12. Can you ice skate? Yes

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My guitar

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? my family

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating sugar cookies with my daughter.

17. What tops your tree? An angel that has been in our family for 50 years..

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Receiving (did you need to ask?)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? White Christmas with Bing Crosby

21. Stockings? Or no Stockings? No stockings

22. Do you like sledding? yes (but I don't want to get cold)

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? Have always been home

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Cookies and Milk and carrots for the reindeer

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? My mom when she was alive. Since she passed I miss her so much I don't really get into the spirit of Christmas anymore...

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? Not ever!

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? My home made craft items that my family loves.

28. Most fun Holiday memory? Our friends visiting at Christmas when I was a child.

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? My dad playing the harmonica and my sister playing the piano and my mom singing - she had such a beautiful voice..

My Gallery http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=25291

I would be delighted if you checked out my blog: http://www.justforfun.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 03:57 PM   #18  
Hot Wheels

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate � I am not so sure what egg nog is...

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I wrap, he sits them under the tree

3. Colored lights on tree/house or clear? Clear!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. It's not a big tradition here in Norway

5. When do you put your decorations up? Dec 23rd is the big decorating day here in Norway, but i start a bit before that.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding desserts)? All of the breakfast foods...

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: SItting all day and watching tv,and it seemed like it would never be evening so that we could open the gifts.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Don't remember

9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? In Norway we open all of our gifts on christmas Eve. That is the big christmas day for us

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lights, some tinsel, ornaments, angels and Norwegian flags

12. Can you ice skate? Nope

13. Do you remember your favorite gift as a kid? I got a pair of skiies once, and i was so happy to get them!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Different puddings.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? getting up early in the morning on christmas eve, and watching tv and open up the stockings...lol

18. Which do you prefer---giving or receiving? Both! lol

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Away in a manger

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yummy!!

21. Stockings? Or no Stockings? Stockings! I make the one for DH and he makes mine! lol

22. Do you like sledding?Never done that.

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? Once we celebrated christmas in Africa. That was a highlight.

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Never heard of that tradition

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Just wrapping gifts, listening to christmas music

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? When i gave my sister a purse that i had knitted out of strands of real silver, and a necklace to go with it.

28. Most fun Holiday memory? The year we celebrated christmas in Africa

29. Do you wrap your own gifts? Most of them

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Being the whole family at my grandmas.
Cards made in 2010:60
I'm going to PORCHA!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 11:07 AM   #19  
Mad Swapper

Location: Indiana, Oh Indiana. Indiana, we're all for you! IU!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneywed
the Xanadu soundtrack and a cassette tape player to go with it.
OMG! Mine is a Tiffany tape and walkman. LOL!!! You must be my 80's sister.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 11:07 AM   #20  
Mad Swapper

Location: Indiana, Oh Indiana. Indiana, we're all for you! IU!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Mom and Dad wrapped and made some presents from Santa

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White icicle on house, multi-colored on tree

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Outside, around Thanksgiving when it’s not too cold. Inside, a week or so after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Step-dad’s ham – YUM!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Coming downstairs Christmas morning to a beautiful tree with piles of presents. Also tracking Santa’s progress on Christmas Eve.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don’t remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Now I open all of my presents at my mom and step-dad’s on Christmas Eve. As a kid I think I could open one, but that was it.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lots of multi-colored lights and a variety of ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Somewhere in between. I love the look of it, but don’t like driving, walking, or jogging in it if it covers the sidewalks.

12. Can you ice skate? Not well.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Wow, I’ve had so many over the years. I remember one I was TOTALLY psyched about – a Tiffany (late 80’s singer, not the jewelry) tape and walkman.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Giving to others.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to see the Nutcracker ballet here at Indiana University and making Christmas candy.

17. What tops your tree? An angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? They’re both fun in their own way. Nothing beats seeing the look on someone’s face when you give them a total surprise and they absolutely love it.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas – Gayla Peevey (1953)

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Ok, but not great.

21. Stockings? Or no Stockings? I LOVE stockings! I love filling them for others too.

22. Do you like sledding? Not anymore. Loved it as a kid.

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? 50 miles to my dad’s house.

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Not anymore. I used to leave him a note with cookies and milk. I also left some lettuce and water for the reindeer in the backyard.

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Decorating and listening to Christmas music.

26. Do you wrap all of your gifts in the same paper? No way! I love the variety.

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? Hmm…can’t think of anything right now.

28. Most fun holiday memory? Going to see a theatrical production of A Christmas Carol with my mom and dad.

29. Do you wrap your own gifts? I wrap all of the gifts I give to people. I also used to wrap all the ones my step-dad bought for my mom. LOL!

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? The anticipation of seeing the beautiful tree on Christmas morning.

31. Favorite holiday movie? A Christmas Story
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 11:29 AM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate for sure!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He just sits them under the tree

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope...never have

5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ham

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Sledding down the driveway at my grandparents!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What Truth? ;)

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We only open stockings on Christmas Eve

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights and soft subtle colored ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I loveit..of course, here in TN we really only get black ice. :(

12. Can you ice skate? Yep!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Barbie Dream House when I was 6

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being kind to everyone..and family get togethers.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching each person (we go one at a time) opening their presents!

17. What tops your tree? A star

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Wonderful Christmastime

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum!!!!

22. Do you like sledding? I did as a kid, but not anymore.

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? TN to OH

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? cookies

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? christmas music

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? Not usually

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? A pair of African candlesticks for my (prior) Boss last year..they moved here from South Africa and he loved them SO much

28. Most fun Holiday memory? When we got to make snowmen in OH

29. Do you wrap your own gifts? No

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Being with my whole family...

We shouldn't have expectations of others that we, ourselves, could not fulfill.

my blog: hownowbrownkow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 11:42 AM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Eggnog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? No Santa, we told our 10 yr old the truth this year, he handled it pretty well.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No Mistletoe

5. When do you put your decorations up? Just did it yesterday

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Chocolate Cheesecake Pie

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Nothing, I did not have a pleasant childhood.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I never was told there was a Santa, but I believe in him now!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My birthday is Christmas Eve, so I get to open lots of presents, but Matthew and hubby open 1 present on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Scottish plaid ribbons, bows, ornaments, prelit tree, we are making Basic Grey ornaments this year to hang for a nostalgic look, and icecycles (did I spell that right, lol, it looks weird!)

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Hate it, hate shovelling, hate driving in it, hate it!

12. Can you ice skate? Nope.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My Dawn Doll when I was 13.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? How happy it makes my son.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Oh yum, seafood on Christmas Eve.

17. What tops your tree? Nothing

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I love to buy presents for my son and hubby.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? David Bowie and Bing Crosby Little Drummer Boy

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yuck, but chocolate christmas fudge, yum.

22. Do you like sledding? No, but I like making snow angels.

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? 4 hrs away.

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? We used to leave cookies.

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Shopping

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? Yes, but this year no wrapping, everything is going into Santa Sacks

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? My son's Star Wars miniatures, he has no idea what set I got him, and he is completely addicted to them.

28. Most fun Holiday memory? When Matthew was a baby, we were at a church social and he was so thrilled about Santa. He was completely at awe, it is my most favorite video tape to watch.

29. Do you wrap your own gifts? Yes, I buy my own gifts too.

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? I really don't remember much about Christmas when I was a child.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 11:50 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Beautiful BC with my soulmate and he is a stamper too!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, i do like eggnog as well

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps his presents in Santa paper and leaves them under the tree

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No but I have a mistle-toad that I hang up

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the first weekend in November

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? The Turkey!!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Finding reindeer prints in my front yard!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I still believe in the magic of Santa I see it in my kids faces!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? One present on Christmas Eve

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have 5 6 foot trees and each on has a theme, traditional, winter white, candy tree, burgundy and gold, victorian, not to mention the other 15 tree in our house each on has it's own theme

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but not all that well

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I'm pretty sure it was stamps!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Special ornament every year, new pj's every year and a christmas light tour on Christmas eve

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Walk through Bethlehem

22. Do you like sledding? yes , I like watching my family but no for me scardy cat

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? I have always had Christmas at home.

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Cookies and Milk and carrot for the reindeer.

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Music and Decorations

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? I try to!

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? Tough one, I try to make every Christmas special for my hubby as his christmas as a kid were not always good. So I don't know about an item but the look on face melts my heart evry year.

28. Most fun Holiday memory? The year my daughter with autism joined in all the fun, still brings tears to my eyes

29. Do you wrap your own gifts? No Santa does.

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Not having to cook........lol
Diaries Of A Stamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 11:51 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Beautiful BC with my soulmate and he is a stamper too!!

Oops number 4 is yes to mistle toe!

Did you notice there is no #15
Diaries Of A Stamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 12:05 PM   #25  
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Default What a fun thread!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? No he doesnt.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on both

5. When do you put your decorations up? Weekend after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Honeymoon Delight

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: My dad reading us the Christmas Story on Christmas Eve.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I'll take the fifth...

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? At my in-laws house we open gifts from them.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights and a bunch of different ornaments mostly in reds and greens and whites.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes (going this weekend)

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The Christmas that I always remember was the year that I got the big Barbie house with the swimming pool and staircase that really worked by pulling a string, that was an awesome present!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I can't really think of any right now.

17. What tops your tree? A big Bow

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving (I buy almost everthing for myself that I am recieving so it takes some of the excitement out of it)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? All I want for Christmas Is a Real Good Tan

22. Do you like sledding? yes

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? To London England 3 years ago.

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Cookies and Milk

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Black Friday shopping

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? No

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? Last Christmas I gave my dd WAY too much stuff and it was fun. I knew she was getting an ipod from my mom so that was exciting and we got her a new LV purse that she wanted so bad and she was totally shocked to get all this cool stuff all at one time. I love everything that I have ever given my dd and nieces, they are so fun to watch at Christmastime.

28. Most fun Holiday memory? When I was little I used to stay up every Christmas Eve waiting for Santa and my parents have tons of picturesof me sleeping in the chair/couch next to the tree waiting, they bring back some fun memories.

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? Christmas day at my mema and papa's house with all of the cousins (10 of us) opening our presents by age, youngest to oldest in our cute dresses/outfits.
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 12:18 PM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

Talking I'll play :)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wrapped

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? no lights BUT we are thinking about changing our front door light to a red bulb and calling our house the Rudolph house. :rolleyes:

5. When do you put your decorations up? Around the second week of December, since we cut our tree fresh I want it to still be green for Christmas

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? stuffing

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: going to pick out and cut our Christmas tree as a family and then decorating it, opening presents on Christmas Eve after my dad would take a "nap" (I now know as an adult that there is nooo way he slept... it was just to tease us!)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't think I ever thought he was real

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? yes, we usually open gifts as an immediate family on Christmas Eve

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? white lights and lots of red bulb ornaments as well as our ornaments that we have acquired over the years

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It's nice at first as long as I don't have to drive in it... completely dread it if I have to drive in it
12. Can you ice skate? with one hand on the wall

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? my favorite gifts growing up were the ones that my mom would make into a scavenger hunt throughout the house... she would wrap up the first clue and then lead us all over the house to finally find the gift

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? celebrating and reflecting on Christ's birth and sharing that with family and friends

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? church on Christmas morning... a feeling of joy

17. What tops your tree? star

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? both

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Light a Candle by Avalon

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? yummy if used to stir hot chocolate!

21. Stockings? Or no Stockings? our current house has no place to hang stockings :( so none for us, even though we do have them they stay in the box. we usually didn't fill them anyway.

22. Do you like sledding? yep

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? from Iowa to Washington and vice versa (we now live in Iowa and my mom lives in Washington and we used to live in Washington and travel to Iowa to my DH's parents... but the traveling was never done on Christmas day, so maybe that doesn't count?

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? neither (okay I feel like a Scrooge but Santa just has never been a big deal in my family so I don't pass that on to my kids either)

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Christmas music

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? I try at first but by the time DH adds a few things then it's all a hodge podge of stuff

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? working on it right now.. shhh it's a secret

28. Most fun Holiday memory? didn't we answer this already? ;) cutting the tree, decorating, just being with family

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? everything about it I think... just being all together with my family. now we all live so far apart and rarely get together for Christmas and my Dad is no longer living so even when we do get together it just isn't the same :(
that was kind of a sad one to end on!
Merry Christmas everyone!
Isaiah 40:31
check this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 12:28 PM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both

4. Do you hang mistletoe? NO
5. When do you put your decorations up? After
Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Saurkraut (it's sweetened with brown sugar and made a little savory with broth from turkey)

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: The year my dad came running back up the stairs after we got him up at five and told us "Santa is still downstairs".

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? An awful, awful girl at school

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope nothing until Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? All of it lights and ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it if I don't have to drive around Texans in it.

12. Can you ice skate? Only if I am flat on the ground.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My sapphire and diamond band. DH suprised me the year DD was born.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with husband and kids.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? A weekend during December, going out to breakfast with my daughters and then going to a movie. (loved the Polar Express)

17. What tops your tree? An angel or a star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving. Receiving is overrated.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Sleigh Ride

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yuck!!

22. Do you like sledding? Yes, but there is no snow in Texas.

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? Never on Christmas day.

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Cookies and Milk and carrots.

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? This year being finished with finals!

26. Does your wrapping color coordinate? Nope

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? Ornaments for sister and the year my brother finally had his own place.

28. Most fun Holiday memory? First Christmas together.
Cats killed our tree and had to run out and buy a new one and decorate it pdq. Then took my husband to be on a scavenger hunt around Cleveland. He is from India and had never celebrated Christmas.

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? My father died three years ago so I terribly miss any memory with him. Especially buying our Christmas tree.
Reply With Quote Likes