Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-31-2024, 04:52 PM   #41  
Mad Swapper

Received 264 Likes on 109 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1View Post
What changes would you like them to make in products this year? I would like to see them stop having the dies connected, so you don't have to snip them apart.
Today's SCS "weekly inkling" had an explanation of how dies are manufactured that sheds some light on why dies are often connected:
Our Artist in Residence answers your questions
Q: Phyllis asks: "What is the best tool for snipping dies apart that are joined really close together?"
A: I use micro flush cutters that are made for cutting wire in jewelry making or electrical work. They are designed to cut a straight end on a wire, so they work well for cutting the connecting wires off flat against the edge of a die. The micro cutters have a finer tip that can get in between tightly joined sections. (Dies are manufactured this way to keep them together as a set. Pieces are nested together to take up the smallest possible space, as the sets are priced by area. Some companies pay an extra fee to have the pieces separated; some companies opt to leave them connected for ease of packaging and the savings it allows them to pass on to the consumers.)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by Alice in Md:
cjzim (02-04-2024), OneDevotedDame (01-31-2024), whim6915 (01-31-2024)
Old 02-02-2024, 05:03 AM   #42  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

I designed these sets last year with healing and grieving and weary people in mind - maybe I will revisit that space again. I always try to think of what kinds of cards I would want to send or receive.
https://iostamps.com/products/cl1253-ivy-comfort
https://iostamps.com/products/cl1251-gentle-moths
https://iostamps.com/products/cl1257-poppies

I keep a running list of ideas for stamps and sets, and I had copied this quote from another discussion like this:
--sentiment stamps for sick or injured or recovering people that are not "ordering" them to Get Well
--There are people who need a card who just lost a parent, spouse or relative that they may not have had a good relationship with
--There are people who need a card who have a problem from which they will not recover

I totally agree with the longer times between releases. When I first started buying from IO they did 2 releases a year (aligned with the CHA trade show) and I would be absolutely giddy with anticipation.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 10 users liked this post by dini:
Alice in Md (02-03-2024), ChrisO (02-02-2024), cjzim (02-04-2024), cnsteele (02-02-2024), DianeinSparks (02-03-2024), fl_beachbum (02-04-2024), gregzgurl (02-02-2024), hoptownracer1 (02-03-2024), OneDevotedDame (02-02-2024), whim6915 (02-02-2024)
Old 02-02-2024, 06:03 AM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 247 Likes on 133 Posts

I addition to longer times between releases, keeping stamps around a bit longer would be something I would like to see. Give people a chance to see what the artists can do with them. It takes me a while to warm up to some stamps as I can't begin to imagine how I would use them. Then I happen to run across some great ideas, but the stamp has already been retired.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by jeanne3579:
123scrap (02-03-2024), Arlene_C (02-02-2024), ChrisO (02-02-2024), DianeinSparks (02-03-2024), dini (02-02-2024), hoptownracer1 (02-03-2024)