Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2024, 01:17 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default changes at Stampin Up??

I watched a video from a demo explaining the changes but honestly I did not understand. Can someone explain the changes? thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2024, 03:07 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,866 Posts

I found it interesting. I wonder why anyone would want to be a demonstrator if I understand the changes correctly. Maybe a demo can explain.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2024, 04:30 PM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 852 Likes on 280 Posts

None of us can really explain anything at this point in time. None of these things are happening right away and and they won't all be implemented at once. And we don't know what it will mean for our businesses and probably won't truly know until the different things take effect.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by beaddict:
lovinpaper (02-24-2024), Ragtop (02-24-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 08:07 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

From the video I just watched, it sounds to me like they are trying to make things more streamlined and have more protection for customers' financial information. This is what I got from it:
  • Instead of parties with hostesses and only the hostess getting rewards, anyone who places an order over $20 will get 10% in rewards.
  • In order to track this, anyone who wants to place an order will first need to create a personal account.
  • The personal account is also so that your credit card information is only visible to you, but not your demonstrator.
  • The demonstrator will still get commissions on all sales.
  • Paper Pumpkin will now be ordered from the same website as the rest of the Stampin'Up! products, rather than a separate website.
There may be more, but those are the main points I got out of the video. The personal account/rewards program sounds like what most other online stamp companies do, so I don't find it alarming at all. Additionally, I've always considered any "party" plan to be kind of a pressure sell situation, whether I was the hostss or the guest, so moving away from that is better, in my opinion.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by gregzgurl:
cnsteele (02-25-2024), fl_beachbum (02-25-2024), leibetty (02-26-2024), Paula in GA (02-25-2024), smhtwin (02-26-2024), wavejumper (03-03-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 09:25 PM   #5  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2024, 02:41 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

I left the company a couple of years ago, but from my understanding the party model is no longer the main source of business. Not saying they don't happen, they're just not the main source of sales like they were initially. Seems like they are just streamlining to line up with current business.

But it could be a pain for those who do still have stamp clubs or the like. Now each person will have to go in and submit their own payment (their own order?) instead of the demo being able to enter it all.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
ChrisO (02-26-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 03:05 AM   #7  

Received 1,389 Likes on 520 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_beachbumView Post
I left the company a couple of years ago, but from my understanding the party model is no longer the main source of business. Not saying they don't happen, they're just not the main source of sales like they were initially. Seems like they are just streamlining to line up with current business.

But it could be a pain for those who do still have stamp clubs or the like. Now each person will have to go in and submit their own payment (their own order?) instead of the demo being able to enter it all.
There will be an option for those who still want their demonstrator to order. The customer will still need to have their own account in order to earn and redeem their rewards but the demonstrator can place the order, then send a link via email to customers for them to enter credit card information to complete the transaction. Customers will also be able to continue adding to their cart should they forget something or see something else they want.
Another option that will be available is for the demonstrator to place the customer order, pay with the demo's credit card, then have the customer reimburse with cash, check, Venmo, etc.
All of these changes are being rolled out over the next year, with the change in hostess rewards happening at the end of this year or the beginning of 2025, so there's still a ways to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cnsteele:
fl_beachbum (02-26-2024), wavejumper (03-03-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 11:01 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes