Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-10-2007, 11:12 AM   #121  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
Your baby's tush is "all natural" so lanolin is actually safe to put on it. This would be the same for Vaseline (petroleum jelly) too. Not good for man-made rubber but safe for the all natural tush.

Kimberly
Hmmm, good thing babies have no desire for J-Lo implants. No telling what impact those Lanolin Aloe wipes would have on silicone. Hee Hee :-D
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #122  
Die Cut Diva

I have a 8 x 8 sq. baking pan, water bottle and heavy blue paper towels in my craft room. I put a folded towel in the pan each time I stamp, squirt on some water and pre-clean my stamps before I use my Stampin Mist and scrubber pads. Occasionally I take the whole scrubber to the laundry room and rinse thoroughly and stand on end to dry. I have the old white scrubber and it even still looks quite white. I do keep wipes in the area so I can keep my hands clean and sometimes I use wipes to clean off the wood if it gets sticky or ink on the label. The heavy blue shop towels work great, never have to rinse anything out, I just toss them in the wastebasket.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 09:15 AM   #123  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
why is somethign that lifts acrylic nails and eats away at rubber being maketed for me to put on my baby's behind!

I use the huggies natural care so I guess I'm ok.
this is due to chemical reactions. Lanoline is a natural oil from thewool of sheep. Those who knit with natural wools will see that their hands become very soft from the lanolin. Thank G_d our hands are not made of natural rubber. just because something is bad for rubber does not mean it is unsafe adn unhealthy. Any fats and oils, will cause a break down in the stability of natural rubber. The amount of damage is relative to the amount and fequency of exposure to the fats and oils. The mail point is do not over expose your rubber products to harmful variables. Direct sunlight, oils and acids will all be harmful if there is an over exposure. Just like if our bodies are over exposed to choclate chip cookies or whiskey.. there is going to be a breakdown not only on the micro level, but eventually on the level that it can be seen simply by the human eye.

Best of luck,
Markey
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #124  
Polyshrink Goddess

ok so no lanolin...what about aloe? I use kirkland brand (costco)and they have aloe...no good?

My gallery
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...&ppuser=127746

Please visit my new blog
http://simonessweetsentiments.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 12:09 PM   #125  

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinsista!View Post
ok so no lanolin...what about aloe? I use kirkland brand (costco)and they have aloe...no good?

I'm not sure if aloe is a fat. As I said long ago, if you have questions just aska pharmasist. Their depth of knowledge is amazing they have far more chemistry and the greatest knowledge of interactions not just of drugs but pretty much anything in regards to chemistry and organic chemistry. Be sure you talk to the Pharmasist not the technician, as nice as they are they do't have the chem background as the actual Pharmasist.

Have great one!
Markey
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #126  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70View Post
For me, the benefit of wipes is the convenience. I hate washing the stampin scrub pads. They get dirty fast because I stamp often.
Ditto for me. Let's tell SU to come up with wipes that use Stamp N Mist!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2019, 05:32 PM   #127  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by parknslideView Post
Don't know if this was just a sales technique but at a stamp show I was told that baby wipes can not only harm stamps but also harm your ink pads.
Even Tim Holtz uses baby wipes at Ranger shows!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2019, 03:56 PM   #128  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 243 Likes on 129 Posts
Exclamation

Wow! Even 12 years ago we were chatting about the ways we clean our stamps! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2019, 10:00 AM   #129  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

I've never used wipes, but I converted from my scrub to microfiber cloths. (Turquoise, of course, so it matches my stuff!) You can wipe your stamp with it dry, or you can keep the cloth wet while you are working. Both are fine. Some folks keep their microfiber cloth in an old baby wipes container so that it stays wet.

The only time I do anything else is when I work with craft inks or versamark. They require different cleaning.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2019, 03:46 PM   #130  

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts

I wonder if the stamps from 2007 that were cleaned with Baby Wipes with lanolin are around and functioning today?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2019, 06:29 PM   #131  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by puddgyballerinaView Post
Even Tim Holtz uses baby wipes at Ranger shows!!
I bet baby wipes have changed some since this thread was active (2007).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2019, 07:53 AM   #132  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

I use Wet Ones, and they are wonderful! Keep one in a little Tupperware cup with lid and reuse it until it's dirty. Works like a charm, and I have some old rubber I've used it on.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2019, 04:17 PM   #133  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

>>

I, too, use Wet Ones (sensitive, no fragrance ones...all Wet Ones are alcohol free to my knowledge.)
And I also store mine in little Tupperware containers!!! You are my soul sister in stamp cleaners.
And they do work like a charm. Clean rubber and photopolymer stamps with just a quick wipe and never leave lint on them.
They also don’t get a funky smell if left in the container unused for awhile.
So many things to love about Wet Ones for stamp cleaning!:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2019, 07:20 PM   #134  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I've heard too that we should not use baby wipes on stamps. I no longer care to read all those labels and if I won't do it to my car tires I won't use it on my rubber stamps either. I researched early on when stamping on what products are good for rubber and not many out there. Even SU stamp cleaner contains either. ( just ask for an MSDS sheet to see what's in it) Judikins contains another lethal product - solvents. Finally came upon Simple Green Extreme, hard to find in local stores but Amazon sells it. This is not the Simple Green you find in automotive stores but it's the Extreme. It comes in a gallon concentrate. Dilute and spray for inks like pigments and Versafine. This product is used to condition aircraft rubber. It's the only one I've found, is naturally safe and is even safe to use on the MISTI covers that get kind of nasty. Although expensive, about $30.00 a gallon that gallon lasts forever.

If only using dye inks, why not just run it under water? It's more effective than even that chamois which can't clean good enough. Now with the MISTI we have to clean them. I'm OK with stains and still get some but really hate deteriorating my stamps.

Agree that Wet Ones are good- but still I use them so seldom they dry out before I even use a small part of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2019, 04:43 AM   #135  
Gallery Gazer

That’s partly why I like Costco’s (Kirkland) - which can be purchased on Amazon too. By pressing the soft container to get air out before snapping the lid shut, they stay wet for ages.

I don’t use baby wipes that frequently any more, preferring a microfiber cloth and water or Stewart/Hero Arts cleaner, so a pack can last for a several months since they’re mainly taken to an occasional class - and they never dry out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2019, 03:04 PM   #136  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiz2003View Post
I've heard too that we should not use baby wipes on stamps. I no longer care to read all those labels and if I won't do it to my car tires I won't use it on my rubber stamps either. I researched early on when stamping on what products are good for rubber and not many out there. Even SU stamp cleaner contains either. ( just ask for an MSDS sheet to see what's in it) Judikins contains another lethal product - solvents. Finally came upon Simple Green Extreme, hard to find in local stores but Amazon sells it. This is not the Simple Green you find in automotive stores but it's the Extreme. It comes in a gallon concentrate. Dilute and spray for inks like pigments and Versafine. This product is used to condition aircraft rubber. It's the only one I've found, is naturally safe and is even safe to use on the MISTI covers that get kind of nasty. Although expensive, about $30.00 a gallon that gallon lasts forever.

If only using dye inks, why not just run it under water? It's more effective than even that chamois which can't clean good enough. Now with the MISTI we have to clean them. I'm OK with stains and still get some but really hate deteriorating my stamps.

Agree that Wet Ones are good- but still I use them so seldom they dry out before I even use a small part of them.

It just dawned on me - when taking a class at an LSS, if my Costco wipes container is fairly full, I don’t want to bring it due to size/weight. So I’ll pull some wipes out, put them in a baggie and press the air out before closing.
Sometimes they aren’t used, or only one is, and when I check them for a class a month or two later, they’re still damp.

So if wipes dry out because of the amount of air in a hard plastic container, maybe putting them in baggie when the box is partially empty will help.
Reply With Quote Likes