Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #41  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also found a few more links to similar topics in the forums. Here they are if anyone is interested in looking at them. I have also emailed these to Stampin' Up.

New catalogue - new Canadian prices by Debra Hogg at Splitcoaststampers

Close to my heart Canadian Prices by CanadianMom at Splitcoaststampers
Totally Stampalicious!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Are Canadians paying too much for SU products

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntbaba246View Post
I also found a few more links to similar topics in the forums. Here they are if anyone is interested in looking at them. I have also emailed these to Stampin' Up.

New catalogue - new Canadian prices by Debra Hogg at Splitcoaststampers

Close to my heart Canadian Prices by CanadianMom at Splitcoaststampers
I enjoyed re reading the posts on this link and one had me laugh out loud. talk about talking gibberish. One post said there was the cost of doing business in Canada and maintaining people there,lol lol lol

just to set the record straight, they do not have any warehouses in Canada its all shipped from the United States. the people here are the demos who,Are definitely not supported by SU and cost SU absolutely nothing.

Still laughing :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #43  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada gooseView Post
I enjoyed re reading the posts on this link and one had me laugh out loud. talk about talking gibberish. One post said there was the cost of doing business in Canada and maintaining people there,lol lol lol

just to set the record straight, they do not have any warehouses in Canada its all shipped from the United States. the people here are the demos who,Are definitely not supported by SU and cost SU absolutely nothing.

Still laughing :(
SU! does maintain an office in Calgary. With real staff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

[QUOTE=basketballmom;20046627]SU! does maintain an office in Calgary. With real staff. [/QUOTE

still laughing, as I am aware of one office with what I understand is only a small staff so this could hardly support the claim "the cost of doing business in Canada". this not some big corporate office with shipping and service dept so I don't think this is a big issue for the price discrepancy IMHO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

darn I used to live there and could have checked out their offices when I was in Calgary a couple of months ago visiting. Then I really would have the skinny on their "costs of doing business in canada". ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada gooseView Post
Yes that is one of the ones Ii. was thinking of. I also think there was one where Wenchie posted quite a detailed list of the differences and what a big percentage difference there was. That one must have been on another post on this same subject or it was taken off. However you can see on your link there are some price comparisons as examples.

Thanks for linking it up.CG
I think this is the thread you're talking about: Is anyone else feeling the pinch with SU prices by Shima at Splitcoaststampers

And this post in particular when I posted a comparison of an order I placed with one company and what it would have cost through SU!

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Cat, thanks for finding this link, it's the one I was thinking of. Maybe this one should also be submitted to SU.

no offence to SU demos who are posting, but it's interesting that SU can't speak for them selves like right from the top instead of letting their demos try to explain the cost difference.

I Stand by my previous posts that SU is not the only game in town anymore, and when you can get excellent product elsewhere why would you pay more? just keep spreading the love (money) to those companies that try their best to give us good product at good competitive prices. As already stated there are plenty of companies who are doing just that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #48  
Stampin' Fool

I have forwarded off this link to SU and I think I am going to spend a little time today doing exactly what she did and seeing what it would cost me to place orders elsewhere vs SU. I will post my results later.
Totally Stampalicious!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #49  
Insane Embellisher

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

I think the prices should be the same as well, if our Canadian dollar drops it isn't much and usually not for long. Also wondering if customers in the US pay taxes on their shipping? On our order form Line A is total of merchandise ordered, line B is shipping & handling. Line C is a subtotal of A & B and the taxes are based on line C. I really don't think I have ever paid tax on shipping from on-line stores. Since this is being forwarded to SU, why are we being taxed on S&h?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynkimView Post
I think the prices should be the same as well, if our Canadian dollar drops it isn't much and usually not for long. Also wondering if customers in the US pay taxes on their shipping? On our order form Line A is total of merchandise ordered, line B is shipping & handling. Line C is a subtotal of A & B and the taxes are based on line C. I really don't think I have ever paid tax on shipping from on-line stores. Since this is being forwarded to SU, why are we being taxed on S&h?
We pay taxes on all goods & services - shipping is a service so we pay tax on it unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
We pay taxes on all goods & services - shipping is a service so we pay tax on it unfortunately.
Well fellow Canadians, that is ridiculous too! rise up and write your MP (postage free!) and SU regarding their pricing:mad:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #52  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynkimView Post
Since this is being forwarded to SU, why are we being taxed on S&h?
It's not just a canadian thing, if that's what you're worried about.

Down here, it's a state-by-state decision, and I know that my state DOES charge on shipping and handling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #53  
Rubber Obsessor

Default you have to compare products = is one worth more than the other for what you get

Quit SU a good two years ago, after finding a huge difference on the base prices in the catalogues. Not talking the postage and taxes etc, as we all have different ones according to where we live. When posting about that when quitting was told it was the cost of doing business in Canada. Well just let me say, - If that was the case there would be no companies willing to eat that much difference, and that is the only company ever been with in 40 + years charging that much difference. Having had a business myself, that did not wash with me at all.

Went to CTMH as always loved their stamps. It is the same pricing for both Canada and the US, higher percentage and awesome to deal with. Yes, there is more freedom with that company and it is more like a huge family all encouraging one another. If you use a different product on a card. Nobody gets bent out of shape. If something we have, it could be different, but nobody can carry everything.

Am a "die" person, but now that the machine is working for me, love the cartridge have for the cricut and getting the second. The cuts alone would cost 1400.00 singly at Cricut. How cool is that. Punches, and my much loved dies really get expensive, and take up lots of room, so decided to try this.

But, that said: ~~~~~

To decide for yourself , you have to really check out the actual products from both, stock, paper, what you get for the card kit costs, start up costs, the monthly items available, and specials. Then weigh it all out for yourself. What do you actually want, what do you want to spend compared to all the stamp companies costs etc, not just these two. Remember those purchasing are looking at that as well. They shop at many places.

And, the biggie. When it comes to fact, which products do you actually like using the best.

Then it is an actual decision you have made for yourself, with your own preferences and likes taken into consideration. Be your own person, check them both products in person if able if wondering.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #54  
Rubber Obsessor

Default you have to compare products- which do you actually prefer after seeing both

Quit SU a good two years ago, after finding a huge difference on the base prices in the catalogues. Not talking the postage and taxes etc, as we all have different ones according to where we live. When posting about that when quitting was told it was the cost of doing business in Canada. Well just let me say, - If that was the case there would be no companies willing to eat that much difference, and that is the only company ever been with in 40 + years charging that much difference. Having had a business myself, that did not wash with me at all.

Went to CTMH as always loved their stamps. It is the same pricing for both Canada and the US, higher percentage and awesome to deal with. Yes, there is more freedom with that company and it is more like a huge family all encouraging one another. If you use a different product on a card. Nobody gets bent out of shape. If something we have, it could be different, but nobody can carry everything.

Am a "die" person, but now that the machine is working for me, love the cartridge have for the cricut and getting the second. The cuts alone would cost 1400.00 singly at Cricut. How cool is that. Punches, and my much loved dies really get expensive, and take up lots of room, so decided to try this.

But, that said: ~~~~~

To decide for yourself , you have to really check out the actual products from both, stock, paper, what you get for the card kit costs, start up costs, the monthly items available, and specials. Then weigh it all out for yourself. What do you actually want, what do you want to spend compared to all the stamp companies costs etc, not just these two. Remember those purchasing are looking at that as well. They shop at many places.

And, the biggie. When it comes to fact, which products do you actually like using the best.

Then it is an actual decision you have made for yourself, with your own preferences and likes taken into consideration. Be your own person, check them both products in person if able if wondering.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #55  
Inking Addict

I do find it frustrating to always have to pay more for things in Canada. My demo has "free shipping" sales a few times a year and my cousin and I pool our orders and split the cost of shipping. If my demo can offer free shipping,I wonder how much she actually pays....she wouldn't do it if she lost money I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #56  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by floydView Post
I do find it frustrating to always have to pay more for things in Canada. My demo has "free shipping" sales a few times a year and my cousin and I pool our orders and split the cost of shipping. If my demo can offer free shipping,I wonder how much she actually pays....she wouldn't do it if she lost money I'm sure.
When your demo offers 'free shipping', it means that she is paying the shipping for you. Unless it's something offered directly by SU! (which happened just a bit ago).

As demos when we place your order, we pay everything you do, except for 20% of the merchandise cost. The shipping and taxes 'flow through', we don't keep any of that.
So, on a $100 order, your demo 'keeps' $20. If it's free shipping, then she only keeps $10 (because she pays the $10 shipping you would have paid). So, yes she still makes money, but not as much as before.
Reply With Quote Likes