Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-05-2004, 09:19 AM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Concord/Harrisburg area

I have twin boys that just turned 3. I have been in NC for about 16 yrs now and love it. Harrisburg is a great town just south of concord and north of charlotte.... we love it here!

Welcome!

~ Shari
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 10:13 AM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Doin' the bump!!!
Janet
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 11:39 AM   #43  
Forum Fanatic

Okay, that's odd. I did a post and it never showed up. Silly iMac!!

My question was.....

My next door neighbor is taking her kids to the Cleveland County fair today. According to her it's better than the state fair. I don't know if it's just because she's against anything "Raleigh" or just personal preference or if it really is better. I guess my question is, since I'm so excited about the State Fair, am I going to be let down? I expected this really big fair with rides and agriculture, things for the kids, beer, fair food, hot tub sales (old Bill Engval joke), entire buildings dedicated to selling people things they don't need but buy anyway. Am I going to be let down? About how big is the State Fair. Sorry if that's too many questions. Our Los Angeles county fair is huge and there's even a tram that drives you around it's so big. I was kind of expecting something like that from the state. Can someone clue me in. The web is great, but can't answer those kinds of questions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 11:42 AM   #44  
Insane Embellisher

I wish I was going to be there for the fair... We'll be arriving about a month too late :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 12:02 PM   #45  
Glitter Queen

Default Fort Bragg here..................

In Fort Bragg.........for now. Home is where the army sends us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 12:40 PM   #46  
Mad Swapper

Kymber - the NC State Fair is pretty big. There is a huge midway with tons of rides. Two sections for the kiddies (you might not need that) and giagantic buildings full of pigs, cows, bunnies, chickens, ducks. THere is even a petting zoo and you can go in a feed those fat little things. There are a few buildings dedicated to hobbiest but I can't remember if you buy things. One of the buildings - where the scrapbooking and cards are displayed (at least it was last year) sells this AWESOME fudge! Ooohhhh it is the BEST!!! It is fun. I'm used to going to MN State Fair and this is the same size. THere are no trams but you can park at one of the malls and catch a bus to the fair. There are concerts and races, but not sure about pig racing! If I think of anything else I'll let you know. Oh, I remember there being a "turkey" shoot. I thought - only in the south! I think you shoot frozen turkeys and win one. Hopefully not the one you shot! :lol:

Wendi

Wendi, SCS Member # 799
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/sahm_i_am
www.wendibrant.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 03:18 PM   #47  
Mad Swapper

Janet, I would love to see your copper card. In fact, I would love to see all of your cards. I know from past experience that you and I probably have similar styles in our stamping. I wish you would post your cards in the gallery. However, I do understand about the need for help with such a task. I am not very knowledgeable about computers either. My son-in-law is a computer expert and I have been after him to help me with this project for quite a while. He is perfectly willing, but like your husband, he is just so busy. Well, maybe one day.......sigh...! My e-mail address is [email protected]. Let's get together sometime. I don't have a fancy stamping room but I would not mind getting together at my house. I just get a little lonely with no one to share my enthusiasm with. My family is so supportive, but they don't just love stamping like I do. Well, I've rambled enough for one session. Bye!

Carole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 04:08 PM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HELLO, I'M ALSO IN RALEIGH N.C. HAVE BEEN HERE ABOUT TEN YEARS.
I LOVE IT HERE. SO EXCITED TO READ ABOUT SO MANY FELLOW STAMPERS SO CLOSE BY!!! I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A GET TOGEATHER!!! I ALSO LOVE TO COOK, HOW ABOUT A COOKIE EXCHANGE? ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO DO IT?
I HAVE A CLUB HOUSE NEAR ME, HAD MY DAUGHTERS SHOWER THERE HOLDS 45 PEOPLE!!! NEED IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS.I'M ALSO A STAMPIN UP DEMO I LOVE IT !! LETS FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET TOGEATHER!!!
LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU ALL. SANDRA(pansy711)
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 04:54 PM   #49  
Polyshrink Goddess

Carole, Check your email!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 05:12 PM   #50  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi! My family and I just recently moved to Morganton, NC from Atlanta! I'm still not familiar with locations in the state, but I know we're between Hickory and Asheville. I have been a demo for about a year and a half. I am a SAHM of three REALLY active little ones ages 5, 3, and 2. We're still getting settled and I have not held a stamp in my hand in way too long! Anyone really close to Morganton?

Valerie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 05:19 PM   #51  
Polyshrink Goddess

Kymbers, I went to high school in Cleveland Co. and have been to that fair a number of times. It's a very nice fair as far as county fairs go, but is in no way as large or in my opinion as nice. The State Fair has everything that you listed , loads of rides, the usual midway games,enough food and beer to give you a heart attack, agriculture, animal shows/competitions,crafts/foods displays and judging, a petting zoo, plenty of musical groups in different areas, a series of horse shows, fireworks nightly,and my personal favorite, The Village of Yesteryear(I think I have that name correct) where different craftsmen and women display their wares(for sell) and many of them demonstrate their craft. Oh and I'm sure you will see an area that features hot tubs for sell!!! I've never been to the LA County Fair, so I can't really compare it to the one in NC. I've been to the KY State Fair and its comparable except that the midway at the KY Fair is actually a real permanent amusement park, Kentucky Kingdom. I think it's a wonderful state fair and I hope you all have a great time. Let me know how it goes and I hope your daughter's cards show well.
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 05:26 PM   #52  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default NC stampers

I'm no longer in NC, but still have my NC driver's license!! I grew up between Winston- Salem and Wilkesboro (the boonies), moved to Greenville to go to school- GO PIRATES!! and lived there after I graduated to teach school until 2001 and moved to Germany. I am now in Knoxville TN. I love NC!! My DH is in the Air Force and we really didn't want to be stationed there- I know how the lady at Seymour Johnson must feel!! TN is close enough! I just got my stepmom totally addicted to stamping and SCS- yeah for me!!! She's planning a workshop during sell-a-bration and Christmas lists as we speak!

Just had to add my 2 cents!

wanda bing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 05:27 PM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

Valerie, Welcome to NC. I went to nursing school at Lenior-Rhyne College in Hickory and I did part of my hospital practical training at Grace Hospital in Morganton. It's a beautiful area. I have very good friends that live in Morganton. He pastors a United Methodist Church there and she home schools their 5 children. PM me and I will give you their names and address if you are interested. Happy Stamping.
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 05:54 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Well I am in SC in Charleston but my inlaws live in Lewisville, just west of Winston... if there is ever a get together I would love to come and meet you all...Also my downline is moving to NC soon and will be living in Pineville, it is off of 77 south of Charlotte, anyway, we are going to go meet her hopefully for dinner at the end of the month...anyone have any suggestions as to where we should go that is not the run of the mill Chilis, Apple Bees, type resturant...something more NC native food! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 06:29 PM   #55  
Polyshrink Goddess

Keri, SC is a Carolina, so I definitely think you count as one of us! If we ever get together I would definitely welcome your attendance! The knowledge and creativity displayed in your gallery and posts are awesome. You would be a great addition to any gathering.
As for places to eat, Carolina Country Barbeque in Gastonia is wonderful. That is a bit of a drive from Pineville though. My DH thinks there might be one in Charlotte as well. I don't know though. There's a nice mall in Pineville that I go to with my sister called the Carolina Place. My sister and family and my in-laws live in Kings Mountain on the other side of Gastonia, so I'm more familiar with that side of Charlotte. Sorry I can't be of more help. Maybe some of the Charlotte girls will have more info. Hope you have a great visit.
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 06:31 PM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Janet, Perhaps the rest of the girls are smart and are already in bed! Maybe I will get some ideas in the morning from them for eateries...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2004, 04:35 AM   #57  
Forum Fanatic

Okay ~ how does the first weekend of March sound? Or is it still too cold here, I don't remember. I just know the next couple month are bad. January and February are still winter and I'm a snow newbie. Maybe a March date would be good. Pre-spring break for us moms and post winter.

Janet ~ thanks for the fair info. I was starting to feel a little down. Now I'm back to a "can hardly wait feeling." My dd finished her cards and I have them in my hot little hands to mail at lunch.

Nice to see all these NC people here. I'll be calling you this weekend if I run out of US White
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2004, 09:52 AM   #58  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Janet! I grew up in Hickory, my dad is a professor at LR and I'm an LR grad! Small world!!

Keri, I live near Pineville and would be glad to recommend a few restaurants.

This is fun!

Vera
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2004, 09:54 AM   #59  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Janet, I keep finding parallels in our lives. My family is from Kings Mountain. So many coincidences!

Vera
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2004, 10:34 AM   #60  
Forum Fanatic

Big Bump.

Wondering if there is a Linda from Cary, NC on this board. If so, I work with your sister in law Kim.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2004, 11:27 AM   #61  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi, Janet! So nice to see you here again. I'm from Durham, too (but Janet knows that already because we go to the same church!) She was the one who turned me on to SCS - thank you thank you thank you!
I'm not a mom, nor am I married...but I do have four cats and they qualify as children, don't they?! I would LOVE to have a NC SCS gathering. I'll keep my peepers :shock: open for any announcements here, but definitely PM/e-mail me when the time comes! So glad to make new friends and stamping connections here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2004, 09:10 AM   #62  
Insane Embellisher

March is good for me! I can't wait for a NC gathering! This will be fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2005, 07:01 PM   #63  
Matboard Maniac

Hello! I live in Chapel Hill, and would love to meet some fellow stampers in this area. I've only been in NC for 2 years, and CH for one. I've been stamping feverishly for about 2 years now...my SIL is my demo, but she lives in DC. I'd love to find an active demo in the Chapel Hill area who does a lot of activities. I get kinda bored stampin' in my little craft room all alone! There was some talk on this tread about a NC get-together, am I too late?!

April
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2005, 07:11 PM   #64  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Hi there!

I am in Cary, NC and am new to stamping. I have been a scrapbooker for a while and really loves what it adds to my pages. I am also interested in getting into cards but so far have only made one at a demo. I am orginally from the DC area but have lived here for 14 years. I have a 4 yr DD and a 2 year DD. I work at GSK in the park. I just joined SCS and look forward to it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2005, 07:45 PM   #65  
Compulsive Stamper

Hello!

I'm in Morrisville and work in Durham, just outside of RTP. I'm also an SU Demo and absolutely love it! I've been in the Raleigh area for over 10 years now. The thought of an SCS get together sounds great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2005, 08:07 PM   #66  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh yes! Lets get together! Anybody good at organizing? That's not really my stong suit,but I would be willing to help. Anyone feeling brave?
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 03:49 AM   #67  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default NC stampers

Hi everyone -

I didn't realize that so many of us live near each other. I'm in North Raleigh myself.

Diane S
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 03:54 AM   #68  
Crimping Master

Default Hello from Raleigh NC!

I just joined SCS a few days ago and came across this thread. I actually live in Fuquay Varina NC, a bit south of Raleigh. I used to live in Morrisville, near Cary. I'm a SAHM to a 18 mo old daughter. I took a hiatus from stamping when I had my baby and now the stamping bug has bitten me badly again. It's hard to stamp with a toddler underfoot and no family nearby! I'm so glad to find you all here. I'd love to hear from you North Carolinans! I'm deaf by the way and communicate with sign language. However stamping is the same language we all speak, right?
Wendy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 04:08 AM   #69  
Mad Swapper

Hi Janet! I live in NC in Winston-Salem.
I am recently married, no kids yet. I have two wonderful Cats that are my children right now.
I have been stamping for a few years. I am working on scrapbooking my wedding photos but right now I enjoy stamping cards.
Nice to meet you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 04:21 AM   #70  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet Swofford
Oh yes! Lets get together! Anybody good at organizing? That's not really my stong suit,but I would be willing to help. Anyone feeling brave?
Janet
Hey, I tried and everyone shot me down, so if someone wants to organize it, I'll attend, but I'm recinding my offer to organize.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 04:51 AM   #71  
Mad Swapper

How far did you get Kymbers? I'll pick it up but can't organize any event for March - much too busy right now. How about after tax time? Last two weeks in April? Did anyone decide where a central location is? Sounds like most are in Raleigh/Durham or near Charlotte area.

I'll organize with help!

Wendi
N. Raleigh

Wendi, SCS Member # 799
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/sahm_i_am
www.wendibrant.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 04:55 AM   #72  
Forum Fanatic

I couldn't even get a consensous for the date, so I just gave up. And now my life is up in the air with the impending sale of my father's house and his move to PA. I'll have to leave for a weekend as soon as he gets here to take my daughter there to see him (stubborn old man won't just drive down 40 to get here and visit before going to PA). Which is my long winded way of saying that April is bad for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 04:56 AM   #73  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default FROM nc

I am also from Charlotte, NC and in the same team as veramats! I would love a SCS get-together!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 05:18 AM   #74  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi everyone! I was so surprised to see this thread resurrected! It's nice to hear from every body here in (and around) NC!!! :lol:
Kymbers, I am SSSSSOOOOO SORRY that I missed your offer to organize a gathering in March!!! I wasn't ignoring you or shooting you down. I simply got so busy with my son's band competitions that I missed your offer completely! Please accept my apology! :oops: :oops: :oops:
I would love to get together with other SCS's, but April is already starting to look crazy for me! How about May 14th?
Wendi, I'm sort of organizationally challenged, but I would be willing to help you. Please let me know if you want me to help. Thanks for your offer. I'm so excited!!! :lol:
sunnywl(Wendy) I pm'ed you! Thanks for the message.
Happy Stamping everyone! :lol:
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 05:30 AM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

Kymbers, I'm so sorry that you felt you were shut down. I thought March was bad because of weather concerns and regionals. I know that no one here would want to hurt your feelings!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 08:01 AM   #76  
Forum Fanatic

Oh, I wasn't hurt, didn't mean to come off that way ~ it's been one hell of a morning (got a call at 5 am to call television stations because of the snow today).

I just meant my March dates that people had originally requested (before Atlanta dates were announced) got shot down. Now I'm out of luck until June as far as my schedule goes. March was just before spring break and that seemed to be what people wanted. If the date was right and my dad is not in PA or we've already seen him, then I'll go, I just can't help plan like I would like to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 08:38 AM   #77  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi! I'm JoAnna and I live in Durham and I LOVE this site! I would also LOVE to get together with ya'll from SCS. I'd like to put in my 2 cents on this event organizing thing. As I read the posts on this thread I keep seeing the date pushing farther and farther away - first March, then April, then May, then June....At this rate we won't be meeting until 2010! :( Of course, we all live busy, active lives and let's just face it - stamping isn't exactly on the top of the priority list. :oops: But we also share the excitement and enthusiasm for our beloved hobby. What I'm really getting at is that whoever decides to take the reigns and make this gathering a reality has to have our support and know that they can just pick a date and a place that seem to satisfy the majority while remembering that they will not be able to please everyone. Once a decision is made it's put out to everyone to find out who will be coming. If there is a reasonable number of participants then go forth with our blessing, if not then work out the kinks to make it worth while to organize. So...kudos to Wendy and her assistant Janet!! I vote for the date to be any Saturday afternoon and in the Durham/Raleigh area. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 10:08 AM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi there. Glad to see this has come up again. I'm in Albemarle, which is close to Charlotte, but more the middle of nowhere than close to anything And cats do count as kids, my two certainly think they are

I think someone just needs to pick a date. I saw May 14th suggested. That would give everyone time to get it on thier calendar before the rest of thier lives take over If we can make a quick decision, I can get us the meeting room at the library here in Albemarle on May 14th - but like I say - we are in the middle of nowhere.

I've been so jealous of the other states getting together - let's just do it!

Melanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 10:19 AM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

I may even be able to do the May 14th date... if it is not too far from the Winston area... I have my inlaws there and I am sure they would love to see us and that weekend is just before two bdays in their family so we will probably be going up there then anyway!!! Keep me up to date on it all!!!
And my vote would be for shoebox swaps... and subway sanwhiches and maybe chips and cookies...simple, cheap and really easy clean up!
If we don't do that Pizza is always a fast cheap idea too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 10:24 AM   #80  
Crimping Master

Default Questions

A question, actually two questions... What is a Shoebox swap? Also another question is what does BUMP mean on this website? I can usually figure out acronyms myself but this one I can't. :oops:

Thanks!
Wendy
Reply With Quote Likes