Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to order all my nesties with ucutathome. Now I order from a few different areas. Overstock.com has awesome prices and shipping is never over $2.99. Ritzcamera.com often has them for $15.89 per set with low shipping as well. Even on Ebay a few times I have gotten sets. They are starting to pop up all over so there are many more options now.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #42  
Glitter Queen

Just have to voice my frustrations with ucutathome.com. I ordered some dies on March 22, 2011. I was out of town from March 25-April 2. Upon my return, I had a package from them and it did not include the entire order. They had emailed me when I was gone that one item would not be available until later notice. That item happened to be the one I used the 40 % off coupon on. They did not apply the coupon to any of the other items. When I contacted they told me they would give me a $5.20 credit on my next order. So to get the discount I should have gotten, I have to spend more money. I told them this was not ethical so they said they would send me the backordered item for $5.20 and free shipping. According to their latest email message that item is now available but I have not heard if it will be shipped. I emailed them but have not received a response. I would not recommend this company and will not use them in the future. They entice you with a 40% off coupon but I really don't think you are ahead when you use it. You can buy most of the items on ebay for less....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Patty, so sorry you had a bad experience with UCutAtHome. I know how frustrating it is to be expecting one thing and getting another, especially when it comes to our anxiously-awaited toys!

Just another viewpoint for you, though...some folks would appreciate the fact that the 40% coupon was saved to use on the item that was backordered, especially it that was the most expensive item. I know the last time I ordered from them, I ordered an entire set of the nesties, so it was well over $50 for that item alone. Obviously, that was the item I to which Iwanted to apply the 40% discount. If I had gotten the rest of my order first and had the 40% applied to, say, a $12 item, I would have been really upset, kwim? It's one of those d*ed if you do, d*ed of you don't situations.

Try and give her the benefit of the doubt if you can. I have always found her to be very friendly, very professional, and very happy to help the customer get the most value out of their purchases. (Not affiliated in any way, btw!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by she's_craftyView Post
Ok, this is the first time I am actually disappointed with a company I have discovered thru SCS and I feel like I need to share my experience and am wondering if any of you have had the same.

I was so enticed by the 40% off coupon provided by ucutathome.com but I don't think it's actually worth it in the long run. I have only ordered from this company twice, but I'm finding again with my second order that an item is on backorder and my shipment is significanly delayed. I am provided no knowledge of the backordered item at anytime during the order process. About a week or so goes by and I check my order status on line and it says "In Process" or something to that effect. And not until I write to them to ask what this means am I informed an item is backordered. They provide me with a re-stock date (in this most recent order) of 11/10/08 and said my item will ship after it arrives. As of today, I have not heard from them as to the status of my order and it is now 9 days AFTER my item was said to be restocked.

I've got to say that had I known I would be waiting amost a month (order placed 10/25) I think I would have waited to purchase this item.

Now I know that Nestabilities are in high demand, but I think a little communication goes a long way because I actually won't mind waiting for something I really want but I don't want my order to be disguised as though everything is in stock and will be to me shortly.

If you are reading this, thanks for letting me vent!

Am I the only one?
Signed,

Apparently More Impatient Than I Thought in Boston

p.s. My backordered item is a label trio from Spellbinders
I was too impatient (read: cranky with UCUTATHOME) to read the entire thread before posting my reply..or read the date of the thread...Lordy it's a zombie. EEK! I have made about 5 previous Spellbinders orders with them before and they have been fine. I was actually really pleased with them seeing that they were coming all the way to Australia. But the last months order has me seeing red! I ordered the new spellbinders Nesties and they were on the site as ordered for about two weeks after I placed my order. But had yet to send me a "your order has been shipped" email as per usual. I emailed them asking why the delay and a day later I got an email back stating that two of the things I ordered were not in stock and did I want to substitute the Nesties with something else. I wrote back that there wasn't any mention of items being out of stock or backordered and that they were still showing as available on the site. But nonetheless why hadn't they informed me as generally my order would have been with me by now? But nonetheless, I'd like to substitute it with something else as they had offered. I gave them the item name and the code as per their site and sent off the email. I heard nothing back for a few days until I got an email stating that my order had been shipped but without the substituted items. What the? Why ask me and then not amend the order? So I emailed them back asking what happened and stated that the site still had ALL the items in stock. Silly me had asked for them to reply, but nothing. So I emailed them again. Still no reply. Then I called asking them to reply. No answer nor reply. Just a message on their answering machine stating that if I was a lawyer to hang up! Now that is strange. :confused: Needless to say, 2 weeks later my order arrived considerably lighter and I have not heard anything ever from them in reply despite my many requests via email and left on their message bank asking for an emailed reply at the very least. Bad CS if you ask me and totally weird. Until now, I could not have sung their praises enough. The lack of CS is certainly not Spellbinders fault no matter how they or anyone else might like to blame them. So very disappointing. :-(

Last edited by CraftyCardShark; 04-23-2011 at 02:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #45  
Insane Embellisher

I was about to place an order once, was very thrilled with the 40% off, but when they added the postage it was 3 times as much as I had paid elswhere for postage so I just forgot it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #46  
Compulsive Stamper

I bought some items from cutathome and they gave me a USPS number as it was being delivered to me in France. It never arrived and the USPS site says 'delivered' so I queried it with Cutathome and they said to contact USPS and weren't prepared to help at all. USPS orignally wouldn't help as I wasn't the customer but eventually suggested that I contact my post office (which I'd already done) as they couldn't tell whether 'delivered' meant into the country or to the actual address - and are not responding to any other emails !!! Incredible !

Anyway, after the original response from Carrie at cutathome, she's now ignoring my emails. So I've lost a lot of money and nobody is taking responsibility. Surely it should be Cutathome as it was they who took my money?

Any ideas ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

How about you dispute the charge with your credit card company saying that you never received the item?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #48  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks - should have said I'm not covered as I paid with my bank card which is a debit card so not the same as a credit card. If I'd paid with paypal (normally do) it would have been okay .. lesson learnt .. don't order from cutathome again ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

I used to order from them, quite frequently, but the same thing happened to me as Boxergirlie (order not received). I got the same bad CS, I never ordered from them again. I currently order most of my dies from Flowers to Flourishes. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #50  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh my goodness! I can't believe no one is taking responsibility for this. That is the epitome of bad customer service. I'm so sorry you're out the money and no way to replace what was lost!
How awful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #51  
Compulsive Stamper

As I say 'lesson learnt' - I had a similar experience with Papertrey Ink a while back. Living in France it's almost impossible to get craft / scrapbooking materials so I have to get them from the UK or the US. I paid just over $92 dollars for this - which is painful enough but when you think $24 was for postage and USPS have no idea where the parcel is ! So out of pocket and no easy way of ordering those items again ... laugh before I cry !!!

I just don't want anyone else to go through this with Cutathome - apalling customer service.

Having said that I did get a reply from Carrie yesterday (funny - maybe she reads this forum ?!) saying she had replied to all my emails - strange how they must have been lost in cyberspace ... I said that I hadn't received them and that I wasn't happy that they'd taken my money and USPS were supposed to deliver yet I was the one who had to contact USPS and now French customs to try and track it down. Her reply was that she could send me copies of her replies if needed. As I said to her, her lack of replies (all the same - I have to contact USPS / local post office / French customs) was the least of my worries ! Right - rant over !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOXERGIRLIEView Post
I bought some items from cutathome and they gave me a USPS number as it was being delivered to me in France. It never arrived and the USPS site says 'delivered' so I queried it with Cutathome and they said to contact USPS and weren't prepared to help at all. USPS orignally wouldn't help as I wasn't the customer but eventually suggested that I contact my post office (which I'd already done) as they couldn't tell whether 'delivered' meant into the country or to the actual address - and are not responding to any other emails !!! Incredible !

Anyway, after the original response from Carrie at cutathome, she's now ignoring my emails. So I've lost a lot of money and nobody is taking responsibility. Surely it should be Cutathome as it was they who took my money?

Any ideas ?
Here is the reason why you are no longer getting any contact by cutathome.

I remember some talk about this a while back so looked this up for you. It is under shipping info, where people don't read before placing orders. Years ago, this info was not there. Since it appeared I have not ordered from them.

So sorry this happened to you

We regret to inform you that Cut@Home is not responsible and will not replace any orders that are lost, misplaced, stolen or damaged. However, in certain cases if approved by manager we may be able to replace a damaged item depending on the circumstances. Your tracking number is proof your package was shipped. Article 2 of the U.C.C (Uniform Commercial Code) states when a product is sold and put into the hands of the shipper, the title and risk of loss is passed to the buyer. Our responsibility ends when the product is boxed and shipped or given to USPS, UPS, etc. Therefore complaints of missing packages is a shipper problem, not a seller problem and any complaints should be registered against the shipper, not the seller. Any claims made are the responsibility of the customer. We do not insure our shipments or ship anything with delivery confirmation. You have the option to purchase these if you would like. Please make a note in the order comments section if you would like to do so. While we have a very high success rate of packages being delivered safely, there is always an element of risk when ordering anything through the mail. We do not require signatures upon delivery, so if you would like to purchase this option, please make a note in the order comments section. By placing your order with us you are assuming this risk and will not hold Cut@Home liable should your package not arrive. We do not accept postage due items. Tracking numbers are supplied with most shipping notices. For our International customers: Although USPS does provide tracking numbers, please be aware your package is only tracked to the U.S border. USPS will not track your package overseas unless you choose to ship your order by Express.

Hopefully the delivery notice was just to your country and not to you. I am hoping that you will still receive your order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2013, 03:24 AM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if that is how they feel, years ago I use to order from them, never again!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #54  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

That's crazy..what if they label a box wrong...for all we know they could just be sending empty boxes to the wrong address knowing Post Office won't help. That's just bad business; I've never run into a business with that attitude. Glad I have no experience with them!

http://darlenemcg.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 05:51 AM   #55  
Mad Swapper

I have bought from this company many times with never a problem, except a delayed shipping due to something being out of stock. However, they were quick to let me know it was out of stock and wanted to know if I'd like to wait or if I wanted a refund. Luckily I have never had anything lost in the mail either. I am hoping these unfortunate incidents are few and far between.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

My last order from them was a little over three years ago. For some Spellbinders dies, which I pre ordered and knew they would take awhile.

But when I found my dies in stores locally, and still had to wait for my order for 2 months from ucutathome is when I stopped ordering from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #57  
Insane Embellisher

If it is Spellbinders you are looking for, the best prices I have found are at :

Spellbinders Products - ScrapbookPal.com

She sells the $24.99 sets for $16.95 & the $29.99 sets for $19.99 with free shipping at $25. (Her prices on adhesives are really good also.)

For the older Spellbinders dies, I also check: SaveOnHobbies.com

They have some pretty good prices on close-out dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #58  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

There is a wonderful site called "resellerratings.com". I agree with holtzfan. If a company does not do the right thing I DO go to the BBB and FTC. Then follow up at resellerratings.com. This site allows you to rate on line retailers. It's also helpful when dealing with one you don't know. IF they are not in there you can add them. I also do this for outstanding retailers that always do a good job. It's an excellent resource when dealing with a problem retailer. it may also save someone else the same headache.

Here is their link
Reseller Ratings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #59  
Rubber Obsessor

One of the reasons I quit ordering from them; well, actually two reasons: no communication and the longest wait time imaginable before I actually got the package. Sheesh.

Cindy/CA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #60  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
We regret to inform you that Cut@Home is not responsible and will not replace any orders that are lost, misplaced, stolen or damaged... Article 2 of the U.C.C (Uniform Commercial Code) states when a product is sold and put into the hands of the shipper, the title and risk of loss is passed to the buyer. Our responsibility ends when the product is boxed and shipped or given to USPS, UPS, etc. Therefore complaints of missing packages is a shipper problem, not a seller problem and any complaints should be registered against the shipper, not the seller. Any claims made are the responsibility of the customer. We do not insure our shipments or ship anything with delivery confirmation.
Yeesh! That's crazy, I've never heard of such a thing.

I'm a part of another large hobby (breakable collectibles) and it's widely known that it's the *seller's* responsibility to get the item safely to the buyer. Almost all sellers include insurance for precisely that reason, to protect themselves and not just the customer.

I absolutely will not be buying anything from this website, there are plenty of other places I can find what I need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2015, 12:18 PM   #61  
Matboard Maniac

I know this is an old thread, I apologize for bringing it back up but I was doing a search for this company and figured it would be better to add to an existing thread than start a new one. I wish I had come across this thread before I ordered from this company.

I ordered 3 different die sets. Nowhere on any of the three product listings did it say they were out of stock. No notice on the checkout page either. They didn't bother to provide that info until after I paid-then I got an email saying they didn't have a single thing in stock I ordered and it would be weeks until they did. I'm sorry but that is so deceptive. Why lie to customers and mislead them like that? I emailed to inquire about my order and never got a response. By the way, their disclaimer is nonsense. They are completely responsible until the order is delivered safely to the customer. The fact they refuse to insure means that the customer is completely screwed if a package doesn't show up or shows up damaged because the PO won't do anything unless it's insured! After reading that I understand why they refuse to accept Paypal-because PP won't let them get away with refusing to do anything if an order is lost or damaged. I will never do business with this company again. I so wish I'd seen all these warnings before I ordered.

Last edited by GirlFriday; 01-29-2015 at 12:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2015, 05:58 PM   #62  
Compulsive Stamper

Scrapbooking Made Simple has the same policy, that it's out of their hands once it leaves them. If you want to purchase insurance you need to note that when checking out. On top of that they promise to ship within 30 days. 30 days??? I went to Amazon and got my sookwang/scor tape for $10 cheaper than them and I won't have to wait 30 days. Love their videos but not their policies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2015, 06:04 PM   #63  
Matboard Maniac

I don't think UCut gives you the option of buying insurance which is just as well because even if you purchase insurance USPS will only deal with the shipper not the receiver and something tells me UCut would refuse to cooperate. It's sad these companies with such hostile policies and terrible customer service are still in business, but I guess those 40% coupons keep luring people in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2015, 08:16 PM   #64  
Stampin' Fool

I have never ordered from ucutathome, never even considered it, so I've got no dog in this race, so to speak. I'm just posting regarding their statement that was copied above about not being responsible for shipments once they are handed over to the carrier - in this case, the USPS.

Most companies from whom I've ordered have these clauses somewhere on their site. In contract law and under the UCC, there are shipment contracts and destination contracts. The courts have ruled that unless all parties to a contract agree that it is a destination contract, then by default the transaction is a shipment contract. In a shipment contract, a seller is only required to deliver the merchandise to the carrier. Their responsibility ends at the point that the carrier accepts the merchandise. At that moment, the buyer assumes responsibility.

Popular selling platforms like eBay have given an impression that the shipper is responsible for a package until it is inside the buyer's home, but that is rooted more in customer service than in contract law.

So, if a business states that they aren't responsible for a package once they've passed it off to the carrier, it may not be the best customer service move ever, but they are well within their legal rights to do so.

That said, I doubt I'll ever even visit ucutathome's store, and I'm sorry for the trouble that the posters here have had with their purchases.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2015, 08:26 PM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ebay and Paypal will not take the customers side if the package has tracking and show it was picked up. Proven by their acceptance scan. As long as there is an acceptance by a shipping company you are protected. This has been my experience both as shipper and receiver. I wish everyone was entirely honest but unfortunately that isnt the case. I know that I have issues sometimes with my inventory being off so I do not have the item to ship, or items get damaged and I really hate letting people down but it happens. I hope they get their act together because I know people count on their low prices to get the items they want.
Blessings.

Last edited by sprtchick; 01-29-2015 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: wasnt finished.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2015, 09:35 PM   #66  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
Ebay and Paypal will not take the customers side if the package has tracking and show it was picked up. Proven by their acceptance scan. As long as there is an acceptance by a shipping company you are protected. This has been my experience both as shipper and receiver. I wish everyone was entirely honest but unfortunately that isnt the case. I know that I have issues sometimes with my inventory being off so I do not have the item to ship, or items get damaged and I really hate letting people down but it happens. I hope they get their act together because I know people count on their low prices to get the items they want.
Blessings.
That's not true in my experience. If a customer files a complaint of item not received, they'll ask the seller to upload the tracking number. If it shows delivered, the seller is off the hook. If it doesn't show delivered, they will find in favor of the buyer because the seller cannot prove the buyer has it. A few weeks ago a friend of mine who runs a store on his website had someone file a dispute against him for non-receipt. He had the tracking number showing it was in transit and due to be delivered soon. Paypal ruled against him because it didn't show delivered. Fortunately the buyer was honest and when it did arrive she gave back the refund she got and apologized for being impatient.

That said, if I have a problem with a package I always contact the seller first. Most of the time they are happy to help and all ends well. That's how it should be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2015, 08:16 PM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

Must be that different persons handle situations differently. I have had a few ladies file with Paypal as not receiving their items over the last 60 days. Everyone of the decisions went my way because the tracking showed acceptance scan by shipping provider. On Ebay this has happened as well also in the last 60 days. The decision was again in my favor. None of these packages showed delivery but all showed scan at pick up by shipper from me. Interesting that some cases are handled differently than others.
Blessings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2015, 09:49 PM   #68  
Matboard Maniac

Are you working with your customers to help them find their packages and make it right? ? Or are they just being impatient and not allowing enough time? I know some people think their orders need to arrive in a split second or they complain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2015, 12:17 AM   #69  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
My last order from them was a little over three years ago. For some Spellbinders dies, which I pre ordered and knew they would take awhile.

But when I found my dies in stores locally, and still had to wait for my order for 2 months from ucutathome is when I stopped ordering from them.
I understand there is a wait time for preorders. I do have issues when companies take your money without informing you the merchandise is backordered. This is a deceptive practice, with today's technology. There just isn't any excuse for this practice, especially when it's a multi million dollar company! Yes I'm referring to SU! I don't care that the wait time is usually short, it's just the principle. And, I do not feel it's the demonstrators responsibility to notify the customer of backordered product. I'm not going to blame my demo who makes pennies compared to SU who's making millions off their hard work. That being said I still order from SU.
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress

Last edited by Annecards; 01-31-2015 at 12:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2015, 02:49 PM   #70  
Matboard Maniac

UCut's website says they only work Mon-Thurs from 10-2. Wow. And there is nothing on their blog about what is and isn't in stock and when out of stock items will arrive. I guess they see no need to communicate with customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2015, 08:55 PM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

I normally replace orders for customers. I feel its part of the cost of doing business. There was one customer that I did not replace because package was delivered per USPS tracking. I would have but when she said all the other companies are going to resend my orders I felt it was a huge red flag...like how often and how many packages do you claim never arrived.
I believe most people are honest and that is what I choose to believe my customers.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2015, 06:24 PM   #72  
Matboard Maniac

I sent an email cancelling my order and got a snippy email in response. Found all 3 die sets I wanted plus another set for less than what I would have paid at UCutatHome with their coupon. Ordered this morning and they already shipped! Now that's good service!
Reply With Quote Likes