Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-19-2007, 04:29 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to do a family calendar

I really want to make a family calendar for Christmas for all my Mom's family, aunts, uncles, cousins. I wanted to put the month/date on one page with all the birthdays, anniversaries and then put various pictures of those with the b-days, anniversaries on the top page and make that page look like a scrapbook page. Sounds great except for the fact that I'd need to make around 26 to 28 calendars. But that's over 336 scrapbook pages and there's no way I would be able to do that by hand! Not in a few months! All by myself. I've never done that many pages total in the few years I've been doing this! (Me and my great ideas!:rolleyes: ) Anyway, I was trying to come up with a way to copy. The calendar part is no problem... just making them on the computer and filling in the info and taking them to Kinko's and copy. But the other pages with pics are what I was wondering about...the best way to go about doing those. Would you make one and color copy? But that could get expensive and sometimes those copies don't seem to turn out well...especially if you have 3D embellishments. My other thought was to do digital scrapbook pages and store on a memory stick and take that to the copy shop and copy those. But I have never ever done digital scrapbooking and I'm not sure I have all the software I need to do the pages. Plus taking the time to learn how to use the software and putting the pages together. Not sure on time. Any one have any suggestions on the best way to do this or anyone have experience with this? Or should I just buy them all fruitcakes and call it good? THANKS!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2007, 05:19 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

OK, I know this is going to be a AHHHHHHH comment (people shreiking in pure terror), but this past Christmas I made calendars for everyone in our family. There were a bunch, so I just went to the Kodak website, uploaded all my pics. Personalized all the calendars with captions on all the pics. Then bought them. They shipped them directly to my house and I got them on sale with free shipping. They were $19.99 each, but I ended up getting 20% off of my final order. They were a HUGE hit!! This is the easy way out, but I highly recommend it with the amount you are talking about doing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2007, 06:18 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I like your idea of digiscrapping. I don't think it would be that hard to figure out! Go over to the Digiscrapping forum, I bet those gals could help you. Maybe they could recommend some good, cheap software for you. It'll still be cheaper and less labor intensive in the long run! And although I haven't done any digiscrapping myself, I bet it's much quicker than regular scrapbooking! You still have several months to get this done, and you only have to do ONE! So, that's only 12 pages, I bet you could do it! Good luck, and let us know what you decide! And don't forget to upload it when you're done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2007, 06:30 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Another option would be to paper scrap the pages once and then go to a place like Kinkos and have them scan and print the rest of the pages you need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

http://www.pebblesinmypocket.com/lar...?product=17182
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2007, 03:35 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

I make one for my grandma every year. She loves it. 26? No way. That's a scrapbook per person. I print a calender with Publisher in color.

Maybe you could create a monthly list calender of dates to remember and just decorate the cover in a cool way!

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.--Winston Churchill.
Reply With Quote Likes