Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-22-2008, 06:04 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best source / best value coordinating paper

What is the best source, wth the best value (both cost and quality) for coordinating paper?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Stampin Up! Their quality, consistency and value is amazing. Everything coordinates, the ink, the paper, the markers, the accessories and the designer paper. The patterns of the 12x12 Designer Paper even coordinates with their stamps and the papers coordinate in families with each other! On top of that, the quality is fabulous. I've been a fan ever since I first tried them in 1998.

Check in the gallery and you'll find that most cards posted here are made with SU cardstock and ink. LOVE IT!

Here's a link to the catalog page with their cardstocks and inks:
http://catalogs.shoplocal.com/stampi...rcularid=12339

There are tons of demos that sell Stampin Up on this board (not me), or you can use a demo locator at www.stampinup.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #3  

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

OOps, the link goes to the front of the catalog. The plain papers and inks are on pages 164 and 165.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2008, 08:59 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Also be sure to take a look at Close To My Heart.
We carry 60 colors of white core cardstock, ink, and markers. We also have designer paper packs that use those same colors.
Our cardstock runs about .40/sheet before tax and shipping. Designer Paper is about .50/sheet.

Local consultants can be found at www.closetomyheart.com
Enjoy your search!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 02:52 AM   #5  

SU of course!!

SU Creative Crew Design Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 03:29 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

SU, I didn't even have to think about it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 03:48 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yeah, I'd have to agree with them. I just started stamping, and I thought for sure SU would be more than I could buy it for elsewhere. But I've looked around, and they DO have the best price and are totally coordinated. Putting my first (of many, I am sure!) paper/ink order in next week...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 04:12 AM   #8  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It took me five years to figure out that SU was the way to go. I'm really slow, LOL! The coordinating papers and inks are the highest quality, very matchy-matchy, and easy to use.

I would have saved myself lots of time, frustration, and money if I'd just committed to SU in the first place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 04:34 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

yup! SU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 06:59 AM   #10  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Many people here have discovered that going to SU! papers makes their projects look better. Like me, they began with sardstock chosen at random from craft stores. Even after you get better at composition and techniques, your stuff still looks a bit "off" compared to other things in the gallery. After switching to Stampin Up! stuff, the difference is amazing. Although it is true that Close To My Heart has coordinating papers, some would rather not have the white core. SU! card stock is the same color all the way through.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 08:35 AM   #11  
Crimping Master

For stamping companies I think both SU! and CTMH do a great job however, CTMH has a greater selection of designer papers that coordinate with their standard line of cardstock BUT they only sell 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock in family packages and not by the individual colors (Unless something has changed and I missed that) Not so good for the card makers. (again, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

That said- Papertrey Ink also has a fabulous stamper select white cardstock which is FAB for card bases and for die cutting boxes and also is introducing monthly a line of matching card stock, patterned paper, ribbon and ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

K & Co and DCWV also do coordinated ranges - it may just be best to go out and see what's out there and suits you.

I don't particularly agree with the if it's not SU it looks "off" theory (waits to get flamed) - also from an artistic standpoint when the layers overly match it takes away from depth and impact.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 11:23 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

OK, I was looking at coordinated double-sided paper I found at Michael's (and I know SU paper is double-sided also). Is that not a waste of designs though? For instance, if you use side A, you are gluing down side B and therefore not using it.

In that case, isn't it a waste?

I haven't purchased anything yet - at this point I'm just browsing -- but if I bought say a large mat-stack at Michaels for $19.99 with a half off coupon that brings me to $10...

I do agree though while browsing through the mat-stack that some of the designs were NOT nice looking and they were not made to coordinate with each other.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #14  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReneeNJView Post
OK, I was looking at coordinated double-sided paper I found at Michael's (and I know SU paper is double-sided also). Is that not a waste of designs though? For instance, if you use side A, you are gluing down side B and therefore not using it.

In that case, isn't it a waste?

I haven't purchased anything yet - at this point I'm just browsing -- but if I bought say a large mat-stack at Michaels for $19.99 with a half off coupon that brings me to $10...

I do agree though while browsing through the mat-stack that some of the designs were NOT nice looking and they were not made to coordinate with each other.
Double-sided paper is more versatile than single-sided, and I find I use it more (hence, am not wasting my money). It's especially handy in cardmaking as you can use two pieces, one showing side A and one showing side B, and they coordinate perfectly to make more interesting backgrounds.

Yes, you can get the stacks for $10 and it seems like a value, but as someone who's bought about three of them and used maybe 20 sheets total of all that, I really considered those 20 sheets for $30 expensive. When I buy nice, high-quality, double-sided paper, it may be more per sheet, but I USE much more of it and thus waste less money in the long run.

That's just my experience, though. Everyone is different in how they buy and consume craft supplies. Some people are very artistic and creative and can take random stuff and make beautiful things. I'm not one of those people, LOL!

Since you're just starting out, I would advise you to experiment for yourself and get a feel for how you work best. Try not to spend too much money right off the bat until you get a feel for what works for you. Really. Learn from my mistake, please!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 11:53 AM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

I do have to put in a plug for one of my favorite haunts, especially because they have some wonderful clearance papers on now.

www.passionateforscrappinit.com

Click on their clearance area, then on cardstock. There is a TON of Bazzill coordinated papers as well as ColorMates coordinated papers. Even with shipping, my bill worked out to about $.20 a sheet. A bargain in my eyes since I didn't have to drive to get it! THAT's a savings of a couple cents a sheet right there.

Tell her Ann Clack referred you. You do get a percentage off regular priced stuff when you get referrals but I won't be using it.....have all the paper I need now for quite a while! I just want her to know. She was also an absolute doll and had donated paper for the goodie bags at one of our shoe box swaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 11:59 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

I bought the mat pack thing at Micheals when I first started and you know what I do with it now? I use the white side as a mat for when I'm working. :rolleyes: That paper is not great quality at all.

I'm all about SU! paper, DP, and matching inks and wouldn't recommend anything else.

View my BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 12:39 PM   #17  

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to buy from my LSS and some of the paper is great. However, even after buying ink in every color of the rainbow, it never seemed to be a good match. I do so love the way SU ink matches the paper exactly, and yes, CTMH does too, I just prefer SU.

I also find that my SU ink coordinates with a lot of the DP I've bought from my LSS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #18  
Crimping Master

I was under the impression you were looking for coordinating paper~ which to me means card stock and coordinating designer paper.

As far as patterned paper- IMHO My Minds Eye can't be beat. Love K&Company too (always have) I could go on and on and on as one company or another always has some new gorgeous paper out there I have to have!

If you love the papers in the stack.. buy the stack- I always buy what I love for myself. If I don't love it it won't matter that is was the "best value" around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

When I scrapbook, I do tend to go with the patterned paper from my LSS. For cardmaking and other papercrafting projects--it's SU! all the way. I LOVE the weight/smoothness of the paper. I love that the DP matches the regular CS...and the ink...and the ribbon...hee, hee, hee!! I do use the Georgia Pacific white for layering, sometimes, though. Nice and smooth, not quite as great as SU whisper white, but good nonetheless!

Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes