Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #201  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2goofyView Post
They are! These people apparently expect way too much and aren't doing it for fun but for business. How sad that they're missing out on what swaps are all about.

Tammy:cool:
We as a group have lots of fun. Just because we expect something from each other doesn't mean it can't be fun.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #202  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLS881View Post
I'm sure its not fun for those stampers who made the cards that are being labeled "not good enough".
Ok but we don't email all the other demos on SCS that we have ever swapped with and say "sorry you are not good enough to be in our group, just thought we would let you know". We keep our group small so of course not everyone can be in it, but we would NEVER tell anyone they were not "good enough" to be in our group.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #203  
Pearl-ExPert

Here is a link to our blog, our group members, and who we are:
http://nomorebadswaps.blogspot.com/

We are not stampin' snobs at all! We are just a group of women who were looking for reliable swappers. I personally love the group mainly because the swappers are dependable and don't "flake." I am addicted to swapping and have gotten burned many times by those who sign up for a swap and then don't follow through with the obligation. If you look through our swap cards posted on the thread, you can see that our cards are not over-the-top. We are interested in straight cuts, clearly stamped images with well-inked pads, and SU! only current products. We show our samples to our customer base in the hopes of increasing sales. Nobody "judges" the swaps. I am not the founder of this group, but was asked to take over the job as group moderator earlier in the year. It has been most rewarding to get to know the group members on a more personal level. My understanding is that this group, among various others, formed last year after there was such an uproar over disappointing convention swaps. I cannot speak from personal experience, as I was not there. Many "private" swaps groups formed after a similar thread to this was started last year. Unfortunately the name chosen for this particular group has come across as negative. I apologize for that! It is not meant to be offensive in any way. We considered changing the name several months ago, but our group blog had already been established (which took a lot of time), so we opted to keep the name. We have recently adopted the nickname "Nimbees", although our blog address is still nomorebadswaps. Swapping is a way to share ideas and meet fellow stampers. I sure hope that you don't deny yourselves the satisfaction and enjoyment of participating in any swap. Again, I apologize if our group name has offended anyone. It is definitely not intended that way!! Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #204  
Matboard Maniac

I just completed my first card KIT swap which I am pleased to have participated in. The reason I didn't do a completed card swap is because of the subject line of this very thread. I am new to stamping and know that my level is strictly a beginner and a more advanced card maker would be disappointed to receive a card by someone who is a beginner. Maybe if you want to do a swap stipulate in the "rules" that you would like the swappers to be people with 3+ years card making experience and then the experience will be more pleasing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #205  
Matboard Maniac

I used to demo SU and I had a downline, the most successful of whom was a dear lady who was the sloppiest stamper. I would enter swaps with her and sure enough her card fronts were never cut straight, even or even the right size Some of her cards were questionable but some, I would look at and take the card, tidy it up and it was a gorgeous card, when cleanly executed! I think she was such a successful demo because she was a lovely lady and because customers would see her work and realize they didn't have to be perfect to stamp.
I don't get into swaps because I get bored far to easily. I find it difficult to make 20 cards for Christmas all the same!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #206  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by baweinstein2004View Post

We are not stampin' snobs at all! We are just a group of women who were looking for reliable swappers. I personally love the group mainly because the swappers are dependable and don't "flake." I am addicted to swapping and have gotten burned many times by those who sign up for a swap and then don't follow through with the obligation. If you look through our swap cards posted on the thread, you can see that our cards are not over-the-top. We are interested in straight cuts, clearly stamped images with well-inked pads, and SU! only current products. We show our samples to our customer base in the hopes of increasing sales. Nobody "judges" the swaps. I am not the founder of this group, but was asked to take over the job as group moderator earlier in the year. It has been most rewarding to get to know the group members on a more personal level. My understanding is that this group, among various others, formed last year after there was such an uproar over disappointing convention swaps. I cannot speak from personal experience, as I was not there. Many "private" swaps groups formed after a similar thread to this was started last year. Unfortunately the name chosen for this particular group has come across as negative. I apologize for that! It is not meant to be offensive in any way. We considered changing the name several months ago, but our group blog had already been established (which took a lot of time), so we opted to keep the name. We have recently adopted the nickname "Nimbees", although our blog address is still nomorebadswaps. Swapping is a way to share ideas and meet fellow stampers. I sure hope that you don't deny yourselves the satisfaction and enjoyment of participating in any swap. Again, I apologize if our group name has offended anyone. It is definitely not intended that way!! Have a great day!
well said, Beth! Amen, sistha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2008, 01:54 PM   #207  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cmaibauer.......In reference to your post #204. Just because someone has been making cards for 3+ years does not necessarily make them an experienced stamper or card maker.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2008, 02:46 PM   #208  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymerzView Post
We are not the only group on SCS that is an invitation only demo swap group. The only reason that someone brought us up was strictly because of our name and our blog. We do our blog for fun as a group to keep us stamping. And it is still fun to swap, we just know who we are swapping with and what kind of swaps we will recieve back. If you ever read other demonstrators blogs some of them participate in the invitation only swap groups.

Honestly until about a year ago I didn't like the cards I was making and wanted to be better. I knew I wasn't as good as others around me (nor do I claim to be now). But I participated in the Dirty Dozen challenges and got some tips on how they make cards. It really turned things around and I feel like I improve each day. If you really want to be better than find those you like and figure out what they do instead of quiting.

The post of yours I originally responded to made me think that SCS was only for SU demos I didn't read where you were indicating the "no more bad swap" group. So thanks for the advice... but I don't need to figure out what to do, I have been crafting for many years and know my style and what I like. I just no longer feel the need to swap with others who can be so critical and insensitive of other people's feelings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 05:49 AM   #209  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by PegmnView Post
The post of yours I originally responded to made me think that SCS was only for SU demos I didn't read where you were indicating the "no more bad swap" group. So thanks for the advice... but I don't need to figure out what to do, I have been crafting for many years and know my style and what I like. I just no longer feel the need to swap with others who can be so critical and insensitive of other people's feelings.
On the flip side, some may consider it "insensitive of other people's feelings" to submit swaps that don't follow the rules or aren't really your best work (or in a demo-only swap, use retired or "off-brand" materials), when the rest of the group made a special effort to turn in something that the other participants would be pleased with. I know that most folks don't ignore the guidelines and honestly believe their work is beautiful (sometimes there's no accounting for taste, LOL!), but as has been made clear in this thread it does happen from time to time. No flames, just a thought... ;)

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #210  
Stampin' Fool

I was a little disappointed in my first swap, but I didn't want to say anything to hurt anyone's feelings! It clearly states in the rules that you must use Stampin' Up! card stock or card stock that's similar quality. Well some of the cards I got back won't even stand up on their own. :( I guess that's the risk I take, but that's ok. I had fun making cards for it, and that's all that matters, right? Just wish I could have reused some of the cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 12:49 PM   #211  
Die Cut Diva

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by baweinstein2004View Post

Thanks Beth for clarifying what our swap group is all about. I love being a member of the NMBS group and think what we are doing is good for us and our SU! business. We are a great group and love to share our ideas.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #212  
Crimping Master

I think the clarification that people are trying to make is:

A) public swaps with lax rules are not the place to have expectations for business materials

B) everyone agrees it ok to be disappointed in a swap if the rules are not followed

C) if you have high expectations for swap rules... you should really pay attention to the swap rules of the swaps you join

How would the folks at SU feel to read this thread? Just another thought! No flames on my part, but I do think its a sad reflection to get so wrapped up in something like this. Especially when participation is voluntary. I work as a pharmacist and spend 10-12 hours a day visiting with folks who would love to recieve ANY card on this website... the last thing I want to think about when I sit down to make a card is what a demonstator with tools and resources that I don't have access to is going to think of my work. Just thoughts.

Alison
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #213  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
:lol: you must have missed the thread about people not signing their swaps etc;)
I thought signing was optional. I've sent some without signing, just in case the person wanted to pass on the card I sent to a friend. Is there really a rule about this? Can you please post a link?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 04:42 PM   #214  
Die Cut Diva

I stopped swapping on this site because of the same problems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #215  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by sln1294View Post
I am with ya. I know that some people are just starting out and I wouldn't expect them to all be at the same creative level but.......Every swap I have been in (3) there have been one or two that didn't follow the rules that are so clearly stated in the swap instructions i.e using quality card stock. A few of them were very flimsy. The majority of the ones I recieved are great. Guess ya have to take the bad with the good.
Except that "flimsy" and "good quality" are not necessarily exclusive. CTMH cardstock is quite expensive and therefore, those who use it consider it "good quality". HOWEVER, compared to SU, especially the darker colors, it is much "flimsier". That doesn't necessarily mean it's cheap. It just is what it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 07:07 PM   #216  
Hardware Hotshot

Someone on this thread suggested asking another SCS member for suggestions on potential swap cards if you aren't sure. Here is a blog that is just for that, getting honest feedback on a card you aren't sure of: http://stampingcritique.blogspot.com/ Try it out- it is nice to get honest but kind comments from some very creative minds! I highly recommend it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 08:19 PM   #217  
Insane Embellisher

I make cards that I think are good, and i work really hard on, but then get no comments on if I post them here. They really don't follow any certain trend or pattern, but they are ideas and layouts that I do on my own for the most part. I think any hand made card should be appreciated for the thoughtfulness of the person who put time and effort into it. Granted, there's some I haven't liked as much as others, but it may give me an idea to spark a different layout. There are cards on here that I would consider Art, and could never come up with on my own. I appreciate those as much as a beginning stamper. Everyone has to start somewhere, and it is an expensive hobby! Maybe some people have limited supplies and use what they have. Not having a certain amount of paper layers or embellishments would not discourage me from trading. I do this hobby for fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2008, 06:41 AM   #218  
Matboard Maniac

I am not sure if anyone would be interested in my input, as a newbie, but I thought I'd put my opinion anyway
I have read this thread with interest, particularly as I am a newbie who is trying to see how the site works, and was looking forward to becoming involved with this great site. I would just say that having originally thought that I would show some of my cards, now I have read this thread, I wouldn't show any of my work as I would be worried what you all thought of it! I am quite new to stamping-have never even seen SU cardstock-I buy my card from a printing firm, cut and fold it myself. It is what I consider good quality.
On other forums I belong to, when I swap with someone, I am happy to think that they have taken the time to produce a handmade card for me. I know that some of them I will not like, and that they wont meet my (probably woeful in your eyes!) standards of cardmaking, but it doesn't make the gesture any less meaningful. Some people on those sites regularly post cards which I dislike but they are obviously proud of them.
I think sometimes we lose sight of the true meaning of a gift-sorry just my tuppence ha'penny worth! I don't mean any offence, but felt that I had to make you aware of the effect that these types of post have of us jittery newbies;)
Carole x
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2008, 07:14 AM   #219  
Insane Embellisher

I just want to say that I just used the cards I got from a few swaps to send off to a friend who has a friend who just had a mastectomy. She was in need of some THINKING OF YOU cards and I sent them all off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2008, 05:15 PM   #220  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natalye425View Post
I just want to say that I just used the cards I got from a few swaps to send off to a friend who has a friend who just had a mastectomy. She was in need of some THINKING OF YOU cards and I sent them all off.
Excellent!! That will make her day!!! So cool.

Alison
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 04:34 AM   #221  
Pearl-ExPert

I know this is an "old" thread, but I found it while searching for something else. Wow. I just sent out my first 2 sets of cards for my very first swaps and now I am totally scared out of my mind of what folks are gonna say about them!! I really hope (hope, hope, hope!) that they are at the very least "acceptable"! :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 05:16 AM   #222  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by galet1View Post
I know this is an "old" thread, but I found it while searching for something else. Wow. I just sent out my first 2 sets of cards for my very first swaps and now I am totally scared out of my mind of what folks are gonna say about them!! I really hope (hope, hope, hope!) that they are at the very least "acceptable"! :confused:
If you stuck to the same quality of work that you have in your gallery, I can't imagine that anyone would be disappointed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 05:25 AM   #223  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Don't worry about it...

Quote:

Don't even be concerned about it. Everyone should appreciate the effort that someone puts into their work, and everyone should remember that we all started somewhere. I can't imagine people being so cold as to put down someone else's work - how callous. It's their loss!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 05:34 AM   #224  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't think they were putting anyone else down...I think the issue is that many people put a LOT of time, effort, and money into their cards, and to get one back with 1/10th of the effort in a swap would defeat the idea of a swap. I think most of the girls who swap do try to make beautiful cards to share with others, but there are a VERY SELECT FEW who just throw something together to take advantage of the swap idea and end up with some great time-consuming cards without really doing anything themselves.

The OP sounds like this is what happened to her, and she was disappointed in the fact that she really worked hard on her swap cards and was hoping to get the same in return.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 05:40 AM   #225  
Gabfest Goddess

This is one of the reasons I stopped participating in swaps. I always put a lot of time and effort into the things I made but most of what I received in return wasn't up to par. I tried to take into consideration the skill level of those who participated, but some of them looked like they just slapped something together. There were of course some that were wonderful, but that was the exception.

I also stopped swapping because I didn't know what I was going to do with what I received in return. And I got burned by a swap hostess who kept everyone's stuff and the return postage. That was it for me.

I do know someone who participates in swaps and always gets great stuff. They are a group of SU demos who swap to get cards to use as class samples. I guess, because they are using only quality products and have more experience, their stuff is better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 05:42 AM   #226  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
If you stuck to the same quality of work that you have in your gallery, I can't imagine that anyone would be disappointed.
Thanks for the kind words, Cher!
I do try to put time/effort into my cards (if you could just SEE my scrap pile! lol!), but unfortunately, I'm still learning techniques, so maybe my cards are a bit "simple" compared to others....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 05:44 AM   #227  
Compulsive Stamper

CJBAPP, you do have a good point. I guess it's kind of like a cookie exchange - some people open a bag of frozen pre-shaped Pillsbury cookie dough and consider it done while some work for hours on something really special. Maybe you have to just jump in and hope the really good ones outweigh the others. I still say go for it. And this person in particular has lovely cards in her gallery. I think it would be nice to specify a "beginners-level" card exchange or an "advanced-level" card exchange.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 05:47 AM   #228  
Compulsive Stamper

Default being disrespectful

I haven't joined in the swaps either, but I have a freind who I get cards from that are not always the best but I relize her card making is not of the same ability as mine, I know she does it from the heart and thats what counts . I enjoy card making Have a great day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 05:48 AM   #229  
Pearl-ExPert

I watched this thread when it started up back in May of last year, and I see that it's come back to life.

To my way of thinking, there are 2 types of cardmakers being talked about.

1) Seasoned card makers who's talents have matured and grown and proven themselves capable of beautiful works of art. . . .

and then there's . . .

2) Newbies . . . these are the people who are looking to the #1's for inspiration, motivation, tips, tricks and validation.

So, when we're talking about the "quality" of a card received in a swap, I think it's important to separate the two.

When I think back to my early days of cardmaking, I made some real doosies that I thought were just fantastic. I'm embarassed to think that I thought they were worthy of even sending out, but I did. As a newbie, I put my all into making the best and prettiest card that I could think up and I'd like to think that the recipients appreciated the efforts of someone so new to the craft, even if it didn't measure up to the "seasoned" cardmakers standards.

I have another thought and that is, there are also 2 reasons to make cards:

1) a special card for a loved one or friend, etc
2) a card(s) for swaps or for sale

No doubt, there are those who sign up for too many swaps at one time, and making multiples can be cumbersome and as a result the cards are not made with the same love and care as a special card made for a certain someone.

So, it is with those things in mind that I keep all the cards I've received in swaps. I may not like the design too much, or the color combinations, but there's usually something that I can use as a take away such as a particular technique or a different way of tying or attaching ribbon or some such thing.

Personally, I think I appreciate the newbie cards the most because these ladies invest much more time and thought into making the best and most beautiful card that they are able to.

Perhaps it's time to go browsing through galleries and dig down to the early works of people and see how they've grown and changed and remember, we all had to start somewhere and this craft is an ever growing and learning experience.

My two cents. Thanks for reading.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 05:50 AM   #230  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen71View Post
Unfortunately, I'm right there with you. I have actually stopped participating in a lot of swaps because of this issue. I don't think you're being rude at all, just honest!
Me three. I thought the the guide lines were to use good quality c/s...not flimsy ones. As my quote says underneath my signature is how I like to do my cards and/or anything I do. Sorry this happened to you to. I don't do many swaps for that reason.
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 06:08 AM   #231  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Hi Toni,

I am the OP of this thread - your cards are beautiful!

When I started this thread (knowing I would get clobbered) I had just
received back several swaps I had participated in. Some of the cards were
bad - very bad. I'm talking, not cut straight, the stamped images not complete, etc. That was what I was disappointed in.

I don't think there are just 2 types of card makers - I think we all very in style, art, etc.

I have received some stunning cards - cards I still can not do to this day!
If however, I do a swap and my cards are not what they wanted - I really would want to know - so I could improve upon what they thought I needed to do.

Blessings!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 06:23 AM   #232  
Pearl-ExPert

Whew! Thanks, Karen! I guess maybe I'm just a *lil* bit insecure! lol! My family loves my cards, but they have to, right?! I just see some really amazing cards on here and think "how the heck'd they DO that?!" and then I start feeling inadequate. Ok - I'll suck it up now and shut up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 06:52 AM   #233  
Matboard Maniac

Honestly, this is why I'm even afraid to post cards to the gallery anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 07:26 AM   #234  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
I don't think there are just 2 types of card makers - I think we all very in style, art, etc.
I meant that in a very general and broad sense in keeping with the context of the thread Your comment is equally true.

I would encourage anyone new to stamping and cardmaking, or whatever to add your projects to your gallery. Invite constructive feedback. I've yet to hear of anyone leaving nasty or hurtful comments in anyone's gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 07:39 AM   #235  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have scrapbooked for about 12 years but just moved into stamping a couple of years ago. I am very picky for myself so when I do a swap I am even more picky. I only want to send out the quality I would keep for myself. I have done several recipe swaps and have gotten back great 6x6 cards. There have been a couple that the recipe ended abruptly. So part of it was missing. I guess there was an issue when they printed out and the owner did not realize it. In general my experience has been wonderful. Don't give up on swaps, try something different. Happy stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 08:34 AM   #236  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks for the kind words, Cher!
I do try to put time/effort into my cards (if you could just SEE my scrap pile! lol!), but unfortunately, I'm still learning techniques, so maybe my cards are a bit "simple" compared to others....
Simple is great... SLOPPY is not. I love simple.

I don't care whether a swapper is a beginner and therefore makes "easy" cards, as long as the work is neat and the materials used follow the rules laid out by the hostess. If it says "SU! Only" then that means leave your Cuttlebug embossing plates, Stickles, and Michael's ribbon in the stamp closet. Seems pretty straightforward to me! :mrgreen:

IMO, the only person who has anything to fear from swapping is the stamper who doesn't care to do her best.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"

Last edited by row4d; 01-07-2009 at 08:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #237  
Kookie Creator

Oh gosh! As a new card maker this is very scary :( I lurked for a couple of months, then finally joined last month and now I just got the nerve to join some swaps...but never thought of this happening. I guess I just assumed the receiver would know I was new, learning and REALLY trying hard. Well, I'm going to keep my commitment (cuz that's the kinda gal I am), but I think for anything (IF I do) I will let them know I am a newbie...hopefully that will help me and them reciever!

With that said, I feel like I do my best and don't know if I will ever be a creme de la creme card maker, however I do think I will (eventually) get to the point where I meet most peoples standard of nice. I'm nervous and babbling now sorry...I just mailed my first card about an hour ago. Now I have butterflies in my stomach...UGH!

Personally, I don't mind getting cards from any level, as we all have to start somewhere. Oh and I accept constructive criticism well too *WINK*

Last edited by Michelle My Belle; 01-07-2009 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #238  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think that alot of newbie's misinterput the term "cardstock" and think that dp is also cardstock, which it is not. Dp is thinner and not as heavy as cardstock and I think that is really where the problem lies. Maybe the hostess should explain/point this out in the details of her swap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 11:11 AM   #239  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
I think that alot of newbie's misinterput the term "cardstock" and think that dp is also cardstock, which it is not. Dp is thinner and not as heavy as cardstock and I think that is really where the problem lies. Maybe the hostess should explain/point this out in the details of her swap.
Well this is one I know I got right...LOL! Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #240  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
I think this is an excellent point. I also think the term quality gets defined differently based on experience (or lack thereof). For example, I do not think it would be uncommon for newbies to think the cardstock that is available in those value packs from chain stores is quality. It may very well be the only cardstock they have experience with. (This type of cardstock tends to be flimsy in comparison with cs from TAC, SU, Bazzill, etc. There are many other quality brands out there but I am listing the few I have actually seen and used.)

All of this said ... everyone has something to offer. It could be a fun way to use ribbon, a color combo you may not have considered or the reminder that you too were once a beginner and sought encouragement and validation. IMO, if you do not join a swap with this type of attitude you should only join swaps where intermediate-to-advanced stamping abilities are a requirement.

Happy Crafting / Happy New Year!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Reply With Quote Likes