Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-11-2006, 06:25 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barely Banana Craft Spot - revisited

Hi everyone,

I remember a while back that there was a thread about how the Barely Banana Craft Spot was a totally different color - more like a More Mustardy color. Well, I ordered the set of Craft Spots and it indeed was not Barely Banana. I took it back to my demo and she got a replacement pad for me, but it's the same problem!!!! I don't know what to do now. Should I have her get ANOTHER replacement? Will it be the same? I was wondering how everyone else who had this problem handled it?

Thanks,
Christine

Logging in each and every day to be inspired by SCS'ers everywhere!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 06:58 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I've noticed the difference also. The Banana does dry lighter, though. Mine is still a tad darker than the cardstock but pretty close. It's still the lightest yellow in the SU arsenal.

Have you stamped it and let it dry completely? Then compare to the cardstock. It's close enough for me but you may not feel the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 06:58 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Wow this is the first I've heard of it!! Hmm...I'll have to check this out...not that I can do anything about it now, I've had them for like a year...

Family is not defined by the blood that runs through your veins, but by those who are willing to spill their blood for you.

Do you"Quack!"???

My lil Gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 07:18 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Hi! I was the one who posted the original link!!!!!!!! I have had 4 Barely Banana ink pads, and my upline turned in her Barely Banana craft, my 3, and one of her other upline who had a different color too, but all supposed to be Barely Banana. All of mine have been a More Mustard/So Saffron color, and nowhere NEAR Barely Banana. DS said that they have had complaints, but not enough to do anything about it. So, my upline sent them all in, and we all got More Mustard color back, with a sample they stamped with it saying that is indeed Barely Banana.

I am at my wit's end with this, and I have decided to give up. i have found that if you stamp off twice with Summer Sun, you will get barely banana. But, I tell you this is RIDICULOUS! how many times can you complain? I LOVE SU! but I have come to terms that this is one battle I will not win, unless, all of you who have different colors too call in too!

Good luck, because I haven't had any!!!!!!!

Kelly :0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 12:50 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I will definitely be calling in! I just think that's crazy. And no, mine doesn't dry lighter either. How annoying! Barely Banana is one of my favorite colors!!!! :(

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 12:58 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay, I just called Stampin' Up and the lady said that what I should do is have my demo send it back for "review". Apparently, the demo must specifically request this otherwise the product won't be reviewed for Quality Control. I am going to do this and I hope that anyone with this problem will too. If your demo doesn't know the procedure for asking for a "product review", then they can call Stampin' Up and they will give her/him instructions.

HTH,
Christine

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 12:59 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't have the Barely Banana craft spot, but I do have the full-sized pad. I've noticed that the ink is dark when wet, and if I let it dry naturally, it is a shade or two darker than the cardstock. However, if I heat set it, it dries to the same shade as the cardstock. Have you tried heat-setting on the craft spot?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 01:49 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes, I've tried heat setting it but I don't see much of a difference. Besides, I just don't think we should HAVE to heat it everytime we use it, y'know? We all spend good money for SU products. Maybe if enough people send them back for "review" than SU will do something about it. I love SU and I always think that a company as good as they are deserve to know when one of their products is defective so that they can make it better and keep their good name.

Thanks for the tip,
Christine

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2006, 04:31 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketgirl96
Yes, I've tried heat setting it but I don't see much of a difference. Besides, I just don't think we should HAVE to heat it everytime we use it, y'know? We all spend good money for SU products. Maybe if enough people send them back for "review" than SU will do something about it. I love SU and I always think that a company as good as they are deserve to know when one of their products is defective so that they can make it better and keep their good name.

Thanks for the tip,
Christine
I agree 100%. We shouldn't have to heat set it, stamp off so many times, use others colors stamped off, or stand on our head for that matter to get the right color!

I am glad you are sending it in, my upline already did that with about 5 ink pads, which 3 of the 5 were different colors, and they STILL sent me back a More Mustard. So, good luck to you, I hope they really find it a different color and will fix it for you. I LOVE SU!, but I have been ready to pull my hair out over this matter!

Kelly :0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2006, 07:46 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'll let y'all know how it goes.....
Wish me luck!

Christine

Reply With Quote Likes