Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-06-2004, 03:16 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back to School Teacher Gift...need ideas

Does anyone have ideas for a nice, but not too expensive, gift for my son's 3rd grade teacher. I'd like to think of something that no one else will give her.

Thanks!
Brandi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 03:25 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Memo cubes

I want to stamp on memo cubes for the teachers!
-Andre
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 03:38 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I am a first grade teacher, and I think this is an awesome gift!! These are the two different views of a post it note holder. I might make them for my fellow teachers. School will be open before we know it! Yikes!

Ashley

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 03:53 PM   #4  
LOSTchick

Hi Brandi,

I stamped stationary with matching legal size envelopes for my kids' teachers. I used 8.5 x 11 paper and stamped the bottom with the stamps from Crayon Kids. I used a combination of Crayon Kids & Crayon Fun for the envelopes. I am putting 30 sheets of stationary & 25 envelopes in one of the clear (old style) paper things that the cardstock comes in.

I made the stationary last year for gifts, and the teachers liked it. It is super easy and *very* inexpensive. I can try to take a picture of it if you're interested.

Melissa

Last edited by Melissa 8791; 07-01-2005 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 05:49 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I would be interested in seeing this. I thought about using crayon kids for a make n take for a back to school project. This would be great. Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2004, 04:29 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 431 Likes on 164 Posts

I'm a teacher and I am always in need of thank you notes. A set of thank you cards and envelopes stamped with Crayon Kids would be adorable. Put them in a cello bag, add a cute header and waa--laa-instant gift and very practical...

Liz Williams
lazylizard
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2004, 01:33 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Default Teacher Gifts

I agree with LazyLizard... I'm a fifth grade teacher and am ALWAYS in need of Thank You cards! I guess I have the best parents in the world to always be in need of them, so I'm VERY thankful! (And, thus, always needing the cards.) =) Any teacher would appreciate this! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2004, 01:40 PM   #8  
LOSTchick

Before I give my kids' teachers the stationary, I will tie a red organdy ribbon around the package and attach a handstamped card. I haven't stamped the cards yet, but I will probably use the Crayon Kids to make some sort of border and the Crayon Fun ABC to stamp the teacher's name in the center of the card.

I hope this helps.

Melissa
Attached Thumbnails
Back to School Teacher Gift...need ideas-envelopes.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2004, 01:41 PM   #9  
LOSTchick

For some reason the stationary sheet wasn't submitted. Here it is!
Attached Thumbnails
Back to School Teacher Gift...need ideas-stationary.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2004, 01:52 PM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Adorable!

Melissa these are too cute! I am also a teacher and I would love to receive this gift! What a great idea! Thank you for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2004, 02:52 PM   #11  
Cardstock Collector

I love the memo cube idea -- does anyone know an inexpensive place to buy the cubes?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2004, 08:27 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

what neat ideas! As a teacher, it is great to know that parents are willing to do this for you, in addition to being involved with their child's education! It really makes us feel appreciated Although I teach high school and I have never gotten a back to school gift (from students/parents), a few teachers in our department do things like this for each other when we go back and it just means so much. thank you, thank you!

some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2004, 05:52 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

What about high school teachers? My husband is a teacher, and I was thinking about making something for the faculty as a back to school thing and a way to announce my affiliation with Stampin' Up! The thing is, he teaches at an all-boys private Catholic school, so it is mostly male teachers. There are some female teachers and staff, though, which have bought my cards before when I've sold them (prior to becoming a demo).

Any ideas for that kind of audience? The crayon kids stuff is REALLY cute, but can't see these high school teachers really going for it...

Thanks!
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2004, 06:57 AM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default inexpensive memo cubes

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbie_e_west
I love the memo cube idea -- does anyone know an inexpensive place to buy the cubes?
Try americancube.com

You will need to email them for a quote.

I paid $1.76 each (including shipping!) for a 3-1/8" square cube - it's larger than SU's (I think SU's is 2-1/2" square).

They are in New York so I did not pay sales tax either. The catch was I had to purchase 36. Their usual minimum is 125. I used all but 14 for a recent stamp camp, and had a customer buy a bunch for her immediate use. I only have 8 left. I should have bought six dozen!

HTH!
Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2004, 07:49 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the info -- I had a few more questions -- were they good quality? I have heard that the glue that is on some of the pads (when ordered from another company) isn't very thick and they come apart too easily. Thanks for your help.

Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2004, 01:40 PM   #16  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default memo cubes from americancube.com - quality

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2katjon
Thanks for the info -- I had a few more questions -- were they good quality? I have heard that the glue that is on some of the pads (when ordered from another company) isn't very thick and they come apart too easily. Thanks for your help.

Susan
Their quality is excellent. You can only stamp on 3 sides - the side that holds the cube together can not be stamped on.

These went over very well at my last stamp camp.

I did a few samples prior to the camp and the paper holds the ink really well. They did not break apart (I know what you speak of) and arrive individually wrapped, just like SU's.

They do sell the same size as SU. They did have a few different sizes to pick from. They also sell this style but with adhesive like post-it notes. These were priced higher.

PM me with your address if you want me to send you 1/2 of a cube - I can fit half of one of these it into a priority mail box and you'll have it Wed. I would want you to see the quality before spending the $$, as what is considered quality to one may not be to another (!!) but these were wonderful IMHO.

Cindy Lyles
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2004, 02:17 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks so much for the offer - I sent you a pm. I hope it went through okay!
Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 05:05 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

You've gotten some great suggestions!

Another idea, a tile coaster might be nice. The teacher could use it as a drink coaster or a paper weight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Here is what I have given my son's teachers in the past. A folder made out of cardstock, with decorated envelopes and paper. So she can write a letter and have an envie ready to go that matches. Thank you decorated would be a good idea to try. You can not tell form my pictures but the envies and paper are decorated.
Attached Thumbnails
Back to School Teacher Gift...need ideas-folder.jpg   Back to School Teacher Gift...need ideas-stb_0319.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2008, 09:25 AM   #20  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missa2UView Post
Here is what I have given my son's teachers in the past. A folder made out of cardstock, with decorated envelopes and paper. So she can write a letter and have an envie ready to go that matches. Thank you decorated would be a good idea to try. You can not tell form my pictures but the envies and paper are decorated.

That is so pretty! What a great idea. I might use if for presents for my nieces... they love to write...

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #21  
Crimping Master

Maybe a stationary set, a calender or some type of organizational thing for her classroom!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Here is a Thank you candy gram for the end of the school year, it can be shortened or altered, but it has been a hit in the past with the teachers. It can get expensive depending on the sale of candy bars. But it is fun!

You gather several kinds of candy to include like: Mounds-because you bring "mounds" of joy to the children. Candy gram for teachers:
Dear Mrs. Smith (teacher's name):
I have to admit, Gina (student's name) did not exactly shake her (POM POMS) when she found out she had you for a teacher. Rumor had it that your gave out (MOUNDS) of homework. But when she actually saw how much you did give, she thought her eyes were playing (TWIX) on her! It was (GOOD & PLENTY) and she thought you were (NUTRAGEOUS)!!
It turns out that you were a (LIFESAVER), because her (SKOR)'s were so high, I thought I had (DOTS) in front of my eyes!!
So, as our thanks to you, we are going to go to Mr. (WHATCHAMACALLIT) (the principal) and ask him to give you a bonus of, let's say (100 GRAND), on (PAYDAY) for being such a Great Teacher!
Have a (CAREFREE) Summer, and here's a few (NIPS) for you to enjoy either (NOW OR LATER), (HUGS & KISSES)
Love,
Your Name
here is one I had saved

The RIESEN for this candy gram is to thank you GOOD & PLENTY for the MOUNDS of knowledge I have gained while in your class. It has been an ALMOND JOY to be your student and your help has MINT a lot to me. Teachers that reach their goal by helping students reach theirs, are truly SPECIAL TREASURES. You SKOR an A+ with me!
HUGS,
Here is another one LOL

: Thanks for all your help this year.
I hope you enjoy the thought behind each candy treat in your bag!
Snickers Bar - for your sense of humor!
Life Savers candy - because you are one!
Nestle` Crunch bar - you always come through in a crunch!
100Grand Bar - You're worth every penny!
Hershey's Hugs and Kisses candies - From us to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Here is another of my hidden ideas that I keep on hand!

I'm sure you have seen those little plastic books in the photo department. You may have given grandma one, filled with your child's pictures so she has ammunition the next time so-in-so down the street starts bragging about her grandchild.

Or you made one up for yourself for that 10 year class reunion, filled with your little lovelies. Being childless (on purpose) here is what I have come up with for their use.

USES

Phone/Address Book Stamp out decorated cards tock for her to write her addresses on.

Instead of spending a small fortune for a personal phone book that within a few years holds X-ed out numbers by the dozens, I simply write out the phone numbers to friends & family on 3x5 index cards & insert into the picture holder sleeves. Then, when a card becomes obsolete, I slide the card out & replace it with the new address/phone number card.
This is great too for purses & travel.

Recipe Book Again decorate cardstock pages and include a couple of your favorite recipes and leave a few pages for her to add her own too.

"Brag" photo books will also hold 4x6 inch index cards. Great for storing your favorite recipes in tight spaced kitchens. Also you have the cards covered in plastic guarding against spills or grease smudges. Personally? I'm a good cook but a real slob when it comes to the preparation.

Gift Idea

Going to a wedding shower? Why not share some of your families treasured recipes with the bride to be? This "brag" recipe book makes for a great gift for a new cook.

Going to your son's or hubbies surprise birthday party where only gag gifts are accepted? Slide in those pic's of the guest of honor in those compromising poses. Baby pics in the buff, jr. dressed in that purple tux for the prom, hubby in that green leisure suit or sound asleep on the couch drooling.

If your "brag book" has enough pages, you can make an "ALPHABET PICTURE BOOK" and put pictures that begin with each letter in each slot. I used it for my preschoolers and it's easy to clean too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #24  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarLitStudioView Post
Their quality is excellent. You can only stamp on 3 sides - the side that holds the cube together can not be stamped on.

These went over very well at my last stamp camp.

I did a few samples prior to the camp and the paper holds the ink really well. They did not break apart (I know what you speak of) and arrive individually wrapped, just like SU's.

They do sell the same size as SU. They did have a few different sizes to pick from. They also sell this style but with adhesive like post-it notes. These were priced higher.

PM me with your address if you want me to send you 1/2 of a cube - I can fit half of one of these it into a priority mail box and you'll have it Wed. I would want you to see the quality before spending the $$, as what is considered quality to one may not be to another (!!) but these were wonderful IMHO.

Cindy Lyles

Hi Cindy

Do you have a picture you could post of your completed project? These sound like a great idea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2008, 11:18 PM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

I'm not sure if you will get a response from Cindy since this thread is over 3 years old. It reminded me of some great gift ideas for this year's end of year teacher appreciation though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2008, 08:00 AM   #26  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by PagemasterView Post
I'm not sure if you will get a response from Cindy since this thread is over 3 years old. It reminded me of some great gift ideas for this year's end of year teacher appreciation though.
HOW FUNNY!!! It always amazes me when some of these threads are "brought back" from years ago and we all get so excited about the same issues/conversations. THANKS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL...this IS funny! I'm trying to come up with gift ideas the gals want for our bi-monthly club....there's some good ones...glad to be resurrecting this thread, hope more people add ideas!

Right now, I'm covering the 3/$10 jar candles from Michael's for my DD's Sunday School teachers with the Baroque DP, ribbons...and I'm going to cover the little matchboxes & put them with, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

here's quick/simple/inexpensive/different teacher gift idea that I just posted...

Thanks Teach!!! by stamper-c at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

wow I'm glad this thread was bumpped up. These are great ideas. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 05:38 PM   #30  
Stampin' Fool

OOPS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #31  
Stampin' Fool

check out cupojafa's blog! She just made really cute teacher gifts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's what my 4yr old DD gave her Sunday School Teachers this last Sunday:

DD's SS Teacher Gifts #1 by happy2stamp4ever at Splitcoaststampers
DD's SS Teacher Gifts #2 by happy2stamp4ever at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #33  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandiBoyerView Post
Does anyone have ideas for a nice, but not too expensive, gift for my son's 3rd grade teacher. I'd like to think of something that no one else will give her.

Thanks!
Brandi
I teach, too. I think practical things OR something I can use in my classroom is always good. If it is a holiday during the year, a calendar with pictures of my kids or class events is nice to display. If not, an assortment of note cards is great.

Thinking of things no one else will give is tough. I teach HS, myfav gift from a kid (it is rare to get them at that age) is a grad photo (or otherwise) with a note from the student. I have every last one I was every given. They are priceless, each on eis unique, and whenever Ihave a REALLY bad day I can pull them out and remind myself why I go to work. :-)

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2008, 02:30 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was just perusing the Tart & Tangy gallery & came upon this cute gift set:
Teacher Appreciation Set by stampingholly at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes