Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-02-2024, 09:44 AM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,391 Likes on 521 Posts
Default Awesome subscription rate for RubberStampMadness

I just read in the latest issue of RubberStampMadness magazine that big box stores will no longer carry the magazine. RSM is offering subscriptions for $20 to encourage people to subscribe. You have to call them to get the rate 541-752-0075.

It's a quirkily written magazine with a small community-feel that leans heavily towards scenic stamping. I'm not a scenic stamper myself, but it's still wonderfully fun to read this magazine! It's amazing how the contributors combine stamps from different brands to create scenes, and then use so many coloring techniques to bring the scenes to life.

EDIT: I just called to subscribe and while the ad says the special rate is good through February 1 (which was yesterday - oops) they are happily honoring it through the end of the month.

Last edited by cnsteele; 02-02-2024 at 09:50 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 9 users liked this post by cnsteele:
123scrap (02-07-2024), ChrisO (02-02-2024), cjzim (02-04-2024), DancesWithHooves (02-06-2024), gaylestamps (02-08-2024), Kristy Tyra (02-07-2024), LizBeth1976 (02-07-2024), Paula in GA (02-07-2024), Teachybaby (02-12-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 02:14 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

Thanks for the info! I will subscribe — way too many stamp and scrap magazines are gone and we need to support the survivors.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lutheran:
Chris4436 (02-05-2024), cjzim (02-04-2024), cnsteele (02-04-2024), pepperann (02-20-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 03:03 AM   #3  

Right! And they're just more fun to read, holding a real copy in one's hands. I've been getting Creative Scrapbooker magazine, too. Scrapbook Cards and Today offers a hard copy subscription but also has (for free) it's digital version on its site. It recently went from 4 to 2 issues a year and decided to focus more on its blog and other online resources but I really love hard copies because I reread my old issues of stuff. I still have my copies of Memories from Stampington and Co. and Club Scrap Scrap Raps (those were newsletters that came with the monthly kits.....now they use a blog to communicate what they used to put in the Scrap Rap).
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Kristy Tyra (02-07-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 09:25 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 460 Likes on 307 Posts

Great plug - I adore printed magazines myself and am thankful for each and every one that still arrives at my doorstep. We've lost SO many over the past few years alone, all seemingly victims of "the internets" and the resulting push for immediate gratification (and less people who actually read anything but FB and Tik Tok posts, but that's a rant for another day. )

Inquiring minds want to know - how big/thick is each issue? (Such as, how many pages, ads. vs. actual content, etc). I'd love to subscribe and support them, but do like to know what exactly I'm getting before spending my money.
Jeremiah 29:11
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni | Proud FanClub member since 2017
My
Gallery
| My Blog
"The wind of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears."
Reply With Quote Likes
LizBeth1976 (02-07-2024)
Old 02-07-2024, 06:45 AM   #5  

The magazine is 64 pages with thick, glossy front and back covers. The inner pages are on the thicker side, too. It's about 20% ads and 80% articles and artwork. Well worth the $20 (it publishes 4 issues a year).
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cnsteele:
123scrap (02-07-2024), DancesWithHooves (02-09-2024), LizBeth1976 (02-07-2024), pepperann (02-20-2024)
Old 02-07-2024, 07:33 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnsteeleView Post
I just read in the latest issue of RubberStampMadness magazine that big box stores will no longer carry the magazine. RSM is offering subscriptions for $20 to encourage people to subscribe. You have to call them to get the rate 541-752-0075.

It's a quirkily written magazine with a small community-feel that leans heavily towards scenic stamping. I'm not a scenic stamper myself, but it's still wonderfully fun to read this magazine! It's amazing how the contributors combine stamps from different brands to create scenes, and then use so many coloring techniques to bring the scenes to life.

EDIT: I just called to subscribe and while the ad says the special rate is good through February 1 (which was yesterday - oops) they are happily honoring it through the end of the month.
Nicole, 541 is an Oregon area code. Is the company located in Oregon? I live just south of Portland, OR.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2024, 07:58 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 223 Likes on 162 Posts

I LOVE RubberStampMadness magazine! I've been a subscriber for years, and look forward eagerly to each issue arriving in my mailbox (quarterly). (This may sound really silly, but I tear open the plastic packaging right away so I can smell the magazine, lol! Call me weird....no, seriously, call me weird, I love how the magazine smells!)

They are starting to add more articles about cardmaking, at the request of many readers. I've always enjoyed looking at the scenic stamping submissions, tho, and am usually blown away by the gorgeous creations featured. And, I most always learn a new technique or two that I can apply to cardmaking (like different techniques to make backgrounds, how to color images, etc.) even tho I'm not a "scenic stamper", lol!

Janesprando--to answer your question, I do believe the magazine is published in Corvallis, Oregon (Nicole, please correct me if I'm wrong!).
"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, ..." ~~1 Thess. 4:11 (NIV)
Reply With Quote Likes
123scrap (02-07-2024)
Old 02-07-2024, 09:24 AM   #8  

You are correct, Liz; it is published in Corvallis.

I smell magazines, too! And paper! When my monthly Club Scrap box arrives, one of the first things I do is smell the paper heehee. Why?!?!? No idea. Maybe it's the equivalent of that new car smell. Give me the paper, though. I can walk or ride my bike everywhere!
Reply With Quote Likes
LizBeth1976 (02-07-2024)
Old 02-07-2024, 09:52 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

A super thank you for mentioning this subscription offer. I was subscribed years ago and lapsed. Who knew that receiving a paper magazine again would be such a thrill!?
I called RSM right away and they were so personable and kind, giving me the special rate of four issues for $20.00.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by loyce:
123scrap (02-07-2024), cnsteele (02-07-2024), LizBeth1976 (02-07-2024), pepperann (02-20-2024)
Old 02-07-2024, 11:48 AM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

I've been a RSM subscriber for 5-6 years now and am paid through Spring of 2026.
Took me a bit to get used to the quirky individuality of it but it's a fun read and definitely interesting.
They are really really really into scene stamping with mega masking. I look at what they do and think, wow and how did they do that? They show you!
If you love using the old rubber stamp companies that are still in biz (or not), you will love the magazine.
It's kinda like a classy old relic that is still timely today. LOL kinda like this place, I love them both!
And it's soooo refreshing to see creative unique cards that don't all follow the latest product-driven trends.
They do keep up with current techniques - in the latest issue, a very nice in-depth about foiling, foil plates and stencils featuring Paula Cheney and Stampers Anonymous.
All in all, Roberta does a fab job. I highly recommend it!
Reply With Quote Likes
cnsteele (02-07-2024)
Old 02-07-2024, 03:55 PM   #11  

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123scrapView Post
I've been a RSM subscriber for 5-6 years now and am paid through Spring of 2026.
Took me a bit to get used to the quirky individuality of it but it's a fun read and definitely interesting.
They are really really really into scene stamping with mega masking. I look at what they do and think, wow and how did they do that? They show you!
If you love using the old rubber stamp companies that are still in biz (or not), you will love the magazine.
It's kinda like a classy old relic that is still timely today. LOL kinda like this place, I love them both!
And it's soooo refreshing to see creative unique cards that don't all follow the latest product-driven trends.
They do keep up with current techniques - in the latest issue, a very nice in-depth about foiling, foil plates and stencils featuring Paula Cheney and Stampers Anonymous.
All in all, Roberta does a fab job. I highly recommend it!
Yes, yes, yes to everything you said! The amount of masking done to achieve the makers' scenes is mind-blowing.
I mentioned above I am not a scenic stamper but two words you used - quirky and unique - sum up what captivated me.
A cool feature I found on the RSM site is a "where are they now?" page. If you're wondering what happened to certain stamp companies (Ma Vinci's Reliquary in my case), this page will most likely tell you.
Who knows? I may try my hand at scenic stamping. This magazine certainly has me looking at my stamps in a different way ("outside-of-the-set" so to speak).
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cnsteele:
123scrap (02-08-2024), LizBeth1976 (02-07-2024)
Old 02-08-2024, 03:50 AM   #12  
Inking Addict

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I think Craftstash still carries magazines. Paper is so much better. I don't have to open the laptop and log in, blah, blah.
Reply With Quote Likes
cnsteele (02-08-2024)
Old 02-08-2024, 07:29 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

I can review paper media in very little time. Following Laptop page after page is onerous. I find that paper media is usually better edited, better focused, eliminating the blah, blah, blah.
Just me, I admit that I am old and self satisfied in my ways.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by loyce:
123scrap (02-08-2024), cnsteele (02-08-2024), Paula in GA (02-08-2024)
Old 02-08-2024, 11:18 AM   #14  

Quote:

Originally Posted by loyceView Post
I can review paper media in very little time. Following Laptop page after page is onerous. I find that paper media is usually better edited, better focused, eliminating the blah, blah, blah.
Just me, I admit that I am old and self satisfied in my ways.
That is not a negative at all. It's the gift given by age. The truly wonderful thing is that we can still have novelty if we desire, and then go right back to what is comforting and comfortable. When I was younger, nothing felt comforting and comfortable because of the constant changing of that time (packing and unpacking from college, jobs, dating, not knowing where I was going to "land" after college, etc.).
Reply With Quote Likes
LizBeth1976 (02-08-2024)
Old 02-08-2024, 12:31 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Heart

Thank you, Nicole, for your original post sharing the RSM subscription special, as well as your comment about, "the gift given by age." You helped me accept and value the dichotomy of paper/digital and hey, cursive/print! You rock!

Last edited by loyce; 02-08-2024 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: error in quote
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by loyce:
cnsteele (02-08-2024), whim6915 (02-08-2024)
Old 02-09-2024, 09:43 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 318 Likes on 204 Posts

Just had a delightful phone experience to establish my subscription, was told a bit about the upcoming issue (sworn to secrecy though) and mentioned that NICOLE SAID YOU WERE QUIRKY - which tickled her no end! She said will bring that up at next staff meeting because it is a perfect description.
Reply With Quote Likes
pepperann (02-20-2024)
Old 02-09-2024, 11:51 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 460 Likes on 307 Posts
Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnsteeleView Post
The magazine is 64 pages with thick, glossy front and back covers. The inner pages are on the thicker side, too. It's about 20% ads and 80% articles and artwork. Well worth the $20 (it publishes 4 issues a year).
SOLD! Thank you!

My husband has repeatedly asked what I want for my birthday this year... guess what my request will be?
Jeremiah 29:11
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni | Proud FanClub member since 2017
My
Gallery
| My Blog
"The wind of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears."
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by DancesWithHooves:
gaylestamps (02-09-2024), LizBeth1976 (02-09-2024), whim6915 (02-09-2024)