Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what to say. What happened to your friend is terrible, what happenened to Liz is terrible. Please don't bash the community because of one person's actions.
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't imagine what it would be like to request cards for a grieving friend and have that happen.

I do know that although I wasn't aware of your thread requesting RAKs for her and her DH, that you did receive some cards from caring members here at SCS that cheered and encouraged them during your friend's husband's illness.

Can you take the good and sift away the bad?

That card that was sent by whomever is a reflection on that person and that person alone. That person has issues that they need to address, and as we all know, life seems to have a way of bringing along those lessons we need to learn. Some learn them through gentle means, other folks more harshly.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy-StamperView Post
I don't know what to say. What happened to your friend is terrible, what happenened to Liz is terrible. Please don't bash the community because of one person's actions.
Tracy, I had more than one person all over my back, like a dog pack of them ripping apart my flesh and seemed to be taking great joy and superiority in it too.

That card with my girlfriend is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Stick your feet in my shoes and then combine the two. You did not hear Janice's sobbing and choking when she called me so it's real easy for you to sit there and tell me how I should feel and what I should do.

There are nice people here but the second you step out of the challenge community, you're toast. Only 2 regular challenge people I knew chimed into all of this. The rest of you are complete strangers to me but were more than on top of your game when it came to judging my intolerance.

I am physically sick over the cruelty.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KY Southern BelleView Post
Oh I'll step back but I was going to have my say because I've had an awful lot of intentional hate thrown in my face lately and if you really think that a browser just happened to catch the address I posted to send this mail during this time, there's no coincidence there. This was intentional and I am mad. I am allowed to do that as a Christian you know and it's righteous anger too over how my grieving friend was treated and here I'm being preached to about tolerance and love, etc. Don't go there.

What stance am I taking now that you don't agree with? Wicked people sending hate male to grieving widows? Because that's my stance and my problem and the gist of this post and the previous post. I could give you gold and you still wouldn't be satisfied. There's just no getting ahead here if you are a Christian and stand up for your beliefs. Don't ever tell me what a caring and loving community this is when people can do that and you can reply with what you did.

Cindy I hope that isn't all directed at me as I don't believe I have expressed any ill will toward you or anyone in this thread. I hope you can find peace with the situation and soon.
Hardware Hotshot

Cindy, step down, now! Time for you to have some introspection and leave this board for at least a month or more. You are confusing your malicious attack on an artist and are claiming that you are the victim.
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Tracy, I had more than one person all over my back, like a dog pack of them ripping apart my flesh and seemed to be taking great joy and superiority in it too.

That card with my girlfriend is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Stick your feet in my shoes and then combine the two. You did not hear Janice's sobbing and choking when she called me so it's real easy for you to sit there and tell me how I should feel and what I should do.

There are nice people here but the second you step out of the challenge community, you're toast. Only 2 regular challenge people I knew chimed into all of this. The rest of you are complete strangers to me but were more than on top of your game when it came to judging my intolerance.

I am really sorry about what happened to your friend. As far as comments on your blog and such, well, I think you brought that on yourself.
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Oh I'll step back but I was going to have my say because I've had an awful lot of intentional hate thrown in my face lately and if you really think that a browser just happened to catch the address I posted to send this mail during this time, there's no coincidence there. This was intentional and I am mad. I am allowed to do that as a Christian you know and it's righteous anger too over how my grieving friend was treated and here I'm being preached to about tolerance and love, etc. Don't go there.

What stance am I taking now that you don't agree with? Wicked people sending hate male to grieving widows? Because that's my stance and my problem and the gist of this post and the previous post. I could give you gold and you still wouldn't be satisfied. There's just no getting ahead here if you are a Christian and stand up for your beliefs. Don't ever tell me what a caring and loving community this is when people can do that and you can reply with what you did.
Yet, by your own admission, you do not regret what you said about Liz's artwork, only the way you presented it? Your words were nasty, over-the-top and cruel but if you had said them in a Godly manner, it would have been fine?

I don't think so.

Your apology was no apology at all.

Rainsong
Stazon Splitcoast

What we all do and say is a reflection upon ourselves. Two wrongs don't make a right and never have.

I am sorry, but I have to agree with Tracy. I am sorry about what happened to your friend. But it would be nice to see this calm down.
Mad Swapper

Cindey had apologized. Now her friend is the victim of someone and she has every right to be angry. Her friend had nothing to do with anything she said here on the board. For someone to take this off the board and intentionally hurt her friend was wrong. There is no way to defend it and she has every right to be angry.

She has done what needed to be done to make things correct--apologize in private to the person and then in public.
Stazon Splitcoast

Being hateful is not going to solve anything ~ seriously do we have to point out where you think she has gone wrong.

Cindy I am so sorry for your friend and the mail incident. And I respect your apology ~ it takes guys to admit when you overstep.

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanonView Post
Seriously?!?!?!?!?
Would you give it a rest already? Quit beating a dead horse on the threads in question. Daven and Jenn have resolved the problem so lets move on.
huh??:confused:

What I say on another thread has no bearing on this thread. I felt that the person I questioned did not acknowledge the apology, that's all. If you apologize for something, are you okay if the other person keeps on saying "well when you said this, it really hurt me because..." etc? That's all I was trying to say! I don't see how that is beating any horse, dead or alive.
BTW, if you are personally sick of the issue and don't care to hear more about it, why are you choosing to read these threads?! Who hasn't moved on? Just sayin...

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln

Last edited by nottoocreative; 04-13-2009 at 05:15 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Cindy, I'm mortified at what happened to your friend. As someone said, there's a risk publishing addresses but at the same time you should expect some degree of civility and respectfulness of that information. At least I think so. It was a cowardly and ignorant act.

I am a bit perturbed though that you repeatedly claim you are being bashed for being a Christian. I'm a Christian. We feel differently about the ATC that was being discussed. So are your remarks Christian and mine are not? I don't think Christianity has anything to do with a discussion of art. I do not espouse Nazism. I am in favor of artistic expression. You show me a collage of Hitler's men gassing innocents and a sentiment "Proud to be a Nazi!" or any other art glorifying heinous acts, and I'll be the first to condemn it.

And why would you say you're only "safe" in the challenge community?! There are many fabulous places on SCS where I've met what I believe will become lifelong friends and people I care deeply about. Jeesh - try visiting Current Events sometime LOL!!

You're painting a really negative picture for all the new people to this site. That's not fair. (and by the way, for those of you who don't know this, a lot of people at CE wear proudly the badge of I'll Debate You 'Til The End of Time!" and have a good humor about the strength of their beliefs and their joy in expressing them!!)

I'm sorry for your friend's loss and the cruelty she had to endure. But I do think you need to take a deep breath and look for some perspective. Maybe stamp? Make something beautiful to calm your heart It's the Splitcoast way
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainsongView Post
Yet, by your own admission, you do not regret what you said about Liz's artwork, only the way you presented it? Your words were nasty, over-the-top and cruel but if you had said them in a Godly manner, it would have been fine?

I don't think so.

Your apology was no apology at all.

Rainsong
Do you understand this?

Your work is from the pit of hell should have been translated to my personal feelings are that maybe your work might be inappropriate for this site.

What I am complaining over is my attack on Liz seemed to justify all of you wolves coming out of your dens preaching to me love and tolerance yet none of you find hypocritical your attacks on me without any love or tolerance. Take a look at that. I am not a victim so don't put words in my mouth or judge how I am feeling. I am saying you can't have it both ways. Don't tell me to step back when you don't know what I'm feeling or telling me that my apology was insincere. If anything you should know by now that I don't have a problem saying what I feel and at least being truthful about it. I'm also quite sick of the insults.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjenView Post
Cindey had apologized. Now her friend is the victim of someone and she has every right to be angry. Her friend had nothing to do with anything she said here on the board. For someone to take this off the board and intentionally hurt her friend was wrong. There is no way to defend it and she has every right to be angry.

She has done what needed to be done to make things correct--apologize in private to the person and then in public.
I wish I could agree - however by revisiting tonight and then quoting me and inferring that I am a person that has done these things, I think she is out of order. I have asked her to try to step away. If she had a beef about SCS and her friend that should have been a separate thread. I still only wish the best for Cindy and her friend because I know grief and disappointment are horrible things to endure on such magnitude.

I don't think there is a single person here who is defending what should not be defended. I only pointed out that an address listed on any thread is available for any person that reads the internet no matter what their intentions and that she she shouldn't blame an entire community for the actions of one person.
Forum Fanatic

Wow, I am so sad that someone would send such a mean card, especially to an innocent person who didn't even have anything to do with this whole thing. Not sure what that accomplished.
I can't imagine that putting your friend's addy up on a thread should be open season for that, any more than walking somewhere alone at night justifies any kind of attack. Might not be a wise idea, because obviously there are hateful people out there--but I wouldn't have even thought in a million years that anyone would do such a thing, so I wouldn't have considered not putting the addy up, either.

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529

Quote:

Wow, I can't believe someone would be so absolutely sick to do that to your friend. That is just vile. And yes, if that happened to me I would be absolutely infuriated.

I think you got the reaction that you did because of the way you said things. You basically spewed venom, in my opinion. You get what you give. Did you go back and read everything you wrote? Your posts were filled with judgment, hostility, vitriol. Did you seriously think you would not get the reaction you did? I was really, really taken aback at your words because I know that you've been able to post an opposing viewpoint without the ugliness. It has nothing to do with whether you are a Christian or not. It has to do with the holier than thou my beliefs are right and everyone else is wrong attitude that tends to ruffle feathers.

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Do you understand this?

Your work is from the pit of hell should have been translated to my personal feelings are that maybe your work is appropriate for this site.

What I am complaining over is my attack on Liz seemed to justify all of you wolves coming out of your dens preaching to me love and tolerance yet none of you find hypocritical your attacks on me without any love or tolerance. Take a look at that. I am not a victim so don't put words in my mouth or judge how I am feeling. I am saying you can't have it both ways. Don't tell me to step back when you don't know what I'm feeling or telling me that my apology was insincere. If anything you should know by now that I don't have a problem saying what I feel and at least being truthful about it. I'm also quite sick of the insults.
I understand fully.

When you spew hatred, which you did, you will get it thrown back at you regardless if it's SCS or real life. Or, as the Bible says, Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

And, as you should know, I have absolutely no compunction about voicing my opinion. Your continued comments are out of line. While what happened to your friend is appalling, you sowed the seeds and continue to do so. (No, I don't agree with that person's actions.)

Regardless, when one sows the seeds of hatred and contempt, they spread. Posting an apology that was no apology was, in my opinion, simply a way to placate SCS members and mods. Sorry, but it no longer rings true for me no matter how fast you backtrack.

I've been on SCS for a while now and have seen (and been involved in) a lot of hot threads but never have I seen the venom I've seen in the threads under discussion. I sincerely hope Jenn or Daven close all referenced threads to keep this hatred and nastiness from spreading.

Rainsong
Stazon Splitcoast

I too am apalled that someone would send a card like that to your friend Cindy. I am sorry that happened.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainsongView Post
...Posting an apology that was no apology was, in my opinion, simply a way to placate SCS members and mods. Sorry, but it no longer rings true for me no matter how fast you backtrack.
Rainsong
Unfortunately I agree with Rainsong :(
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

folks, I'm going to ask that the temperature in here be reduced immediately. if that can't happen we'll be temporarily suspending the posting privileges of anyone involved.

Needs a sig
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is now closed. It is not closed because of the comments or actions of any one member, but because it is clearly derailing into more ugliness.

SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oops I closed it before seeing Daven's post.

Sorry Daven-please feel free to re-open if you choose.

SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

thanks britta, your way works too :^)

Needs a sig