Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-27-2021, 08:52 PM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaneUKView Post
The original post was a question about who made those cards. Well, the real Shayne Eddie has not come forward yet, but I think it is a woman, not a man, because it's a fairly common name for women. And isn't it strange that SHAYNE is the name of a daughter of EDDIE Murphy (the actor). Either there is a connection or possibly someone is a fan and is using it as a pseudonym (more likely). At any rate, the cards are beautiful and there are more on Pinterest. I've tried googling the name Shayne Eddie in case there is a blog but nothing comes up.
I did the google check too and found nothing. I left a message on Pinterest for Noreen but have had no response. It is from her board that I first saw all of Shayne's beautiful cards.
At least there have been a few really good suggestions of things to try and emulate the look. I'll be happy with something that looks close.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2021, 02:10 AM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cre8ive MindView Post
I did the google check too and found nothing. I left a message on Pinterest for Noreen but have had no response. It is from her board that I first saw all of Shayne's beautiful cards.
At least there have been a few really good suggestions of things to try and emulate the look. I'll be happy with something that looks close.
Well, the cards are beautiful but they all look a bit same-y, not that there's anything wrong with that. I do still find the coincidence of the name (Shayne, daughter of Eddie) puzzling. Maybe she is a celeb card maker and doesn't want anyone to know........:cool:
Old 06-28-2021, 02:29 AM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, they are beautiful and since I started pinning the cards, my pinterest account is flooded with more cards. The mysterious Shayne is not only talented but prolific. As much as I like the cards many have too much dimension to be practical and I don't do many square cards now with the price of postage. But I do love Shane's style, thanks for this thread and bringing these cards to our attention.

I did some googling too and Noreen seems to be the only connection. It's odd that we cannot find the original source of pictures.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2021, 10:55 AM   #44  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
To be clear, I ordered the Heart Stems from Impression Obsession. I found the bird dies at Franticstamper; I haven't ordered those yet, because it pains me to pay almost $20 w/shipping for 3 tiny dies. But I'm sure that's exactly what I'll do at some point. LOL

And IMO, Amazon is no longer a reliable wholesaler. One has to be so careful reading the fine print that it's just not worth it to me in most cases. Plus I've run across several items that are higher than buying direct from the company who makes it. No one is really getting free shipping: those higher prices are there for a reason.
100% agree.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2021, 10:56 AM   #45  

Quote:

Thanks for the clarification. I see you have a note saying shop at Amazon. They have the Chinese products listed there too, not so cheap...bigger mark-ups same product. So, caveat emptor! Just buy the expensive stuff and play it safe.
Yes - I always steer people away from crafty stuff on Amazon - unless it's things like glue sticks or pom poms. Stamps, dies, stencils should always come from stamp companies or reputable retailers like Simon, Ellen, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
lynkim (03-06-2024)
Old 06-28-2021, 10:58 AM   #46  

PS I LOVE her cards - wow. Her style is so unique. She stands out like Kittie747 to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Cre8ive Mind (06-29-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 12:48 PM   #47  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I am glad Cre8tive Mind found some intriguing ideas.

Unfortunately like ebay......Amazon opened their platform to the world, so you have to be super careful about where it is shipping from for starters. In both cases I have often found stamps cheaper at the mfg. A lot of people don't know you can buy from a lot of mfgs direct. (btw, also true for jigsaw puzzles) Wish I had sooner. I would saved some money I paid on ebay.

I find the sales at mfgs can be the best because a middle man like SSS has to pay the wholesale price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Cre8ive Mind (06-29-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 01:37 PM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Quote:

Man, have I been on a wild goose chase, or should I say, bird chase. I found the bird dies used on the card; they're by Alexandra Renke: Bird Dies

And thanks for the info on the heart stems; I have ordered them.
The birds and mouse and alligator stamps are on Frantic Stamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2021, 01:40 PM   #49  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertStamperView Post
The heart stick thingies are Heart Stems from Impression Obsession. If anyone knows where any of the birds are from, I would love to know.

Try Frantic Stampers Just put artists name into their search engine. Does the font here really have to be so tiny it is almost unreadable?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2021, 02:39 PM   #50  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I'll post the picture in a smaller size.
I wonder if the artist ever finds envelopes to handle cards with so many 3D items
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2021, 02:42 PM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Funny you should post the heart stems....I just tracked that down last night myself.
I think this URL might be the bird dies but not positive:
The picture of the actual die is difficult to see. Do you think it's the same? I googled small bird metal die.
The birds are on FranticStamper.com , with an alligator. Just type AlexandraRenke into the search engine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2021, 03:19 PM   #52  
Matboard Maniac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahbView Post
I wonder if the artist ever finds envelopes to handle cards with so many 3D items
I thought that, too. Maybe it's just a case of making the cards for show or some other reason, but not actually mailing them. The whole thing (who made them? how are they mailed? what elements are used? where did he/she buy them?) is just one big mystery. Oh well, it adds a bit of intrigue, I suppose.

As for Amazon, yes I now check very carefully before I buy any craft things. Amazon in the UK does not stock them so has to order them, usually from China or occasionally Europe or the USA. That adds to the price and the delivery time. I also check the name of the manufacturer or distributor and when it's China (about 90% of the time), I just click on by and try to source it locally even if it's just a little more expensive. A lot of things lately, not just craft supplies, are more expensive than buying from a UK vendor. That also happens with airline tickets. I don't bother with those companies like Expedia and others; instead I go directly to the airline website and it's 99% of the time cheaper.
Bahb (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 05:08 PM   #53  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

The one with the heart certainly looks the same. I'm really reluctant to buy from China though.
Amazon has newly posted dies from China and I bought one ad spent an hour with a straight pin, because the cardstock was also from china and each tiny dot I had to punch out. AYE Carrumba! Nothing more in my house from China!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2021, 08:29 PM   #54  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaneUKView Post
Well, the cards are beautiful but they all look a bit same-y, not that there's anything wrong with that. I do still find the coincidence of the name (Shayne, daughter of Eddie) puzzling. Maybe she is a celeb card maker and doesn't want anyone to know........:cool:
This Shayne definitely has a unique style which jumps out at you in a group of cards, but I find enough variation in them to be captivated by the little detail differences, whether it be the pattern paper, the placement of the little bird or tag with it's heart, or the embossing that is replicated on the envelope. I personally do like to repeat a look I had success making but prefer to try different looks overall. The repeats always come together so much faster the second time. Once you get a certain look I guess you can pump out a lot of cards rather quickly by just changing a few details.

Who is this Shayne?....well we may never know....I just hope I keep seeing more card examples to enjoy...and maybe one day she/he will be identified.

Reply With Quote Likes
uncbballfan (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 08:44 PM   #55  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

In many of the pictures there is an envelope under the card with embossing that's the same as on the card. (See photo) It must be the envelope for mailing. I didn't think the cards looked so thick that they wouldn't fit in an envelope. I put a lot of mine that are dimensional in a slightly larger than normal envelope with a piece of thin foam I get from the produce section when they put out product, which protects rhinestones and pearls etc.. If I have really dimensional flowers I make enve-boxes. It costs $2 Canadian to mail, but for a special card it's worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone know who this cardmaker is?-5d9b9bf2c9c43522d6d55c6bce167fd4.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2021, 08:49 PM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Does the font here really have to be so tiny it is almost unreadable?
Try hitting your Command and + keys together to enlarge your font size. You can do that multiple times to get bigger and bigger font for reading. It works in your mail program too.

Reply With Quote Likes
dini (06-29-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 09:02 PM   #57  
Matboard Maniac

I find it a little "strange" that manufacturers are selling their products direct to the end user as well as to resellers. It isn't very supportive unless they are offering higher discounts to the reseller so they can match the manufacturers price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2021, 10:42 PM   #58  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

Quote:

I find it a little "strange" that manufacturers are selling their products direct to the end user as well as to resellers. It isn't very supportive unless they are offering higher discounts to the reseller so they can match the manufacturers price.
If you mean a set-up like Amazon, many times the sellers on there ARE the manufacturers. There must be some agreement worked out for free delivery, but if I find a Sizzix product or Ranger, you can almost bet the price is higher on Amazon (which is how they're recouping their "free" shipping charges).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2021, 07:38 AM   #59  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

If you mean a set-up like Amazon, many times the sellers on there ARE the manufacturers. There must be some agreement worked out for free delivery, but if I find a Sizzix product or Ranger, you can almost bet the price is higher on Amazon (which is how they're recouping their "free" shipping charges).
I didn't think of Amazon when I wrote that, I was thinking of brick and mortar craft stores and smaller online businesses, but yes Amazon too which is sort of an online wholesaler/retailer. As we are seeing the brick and mortar stores are disappearing. They can't afford the overhead and compete.

When I started investing in card making supplies, Hubby and I used to march into Michael's with our 40-50% coupon and buy my punches, stamps and even magazines. Then the product limits came and then the 50%s became rare and then came the everyday low price, no coupons allowed. Clearly their discounts and rebates from the manufacturers was not enough to sustain that. Plus, the idea I'm sure, was to get me in the store where I would buy a lot more that just the coupon stuff, which I (and others) rarely did. I'd just wait for next week's coupon. I was within walking distance of the store.

Here in Canada we have an automatic ~30% increase in price just due to the currency exchange rate. I have spent a NOT so small fortune on punches, stamps and paper alone. I do love this hobby but I have other joys as well that I need to budget our small fortune over and my husband has his. Gosh I buy day old bread so I have a few extra bucks for my crafting. Further, those punches I believe were made in Asia and sold by American companies who outsourced their manufacturing to keep their costs down.
It's interesting how commerce does this kind of dancing around trying different steps everyone jockeying for the best position on the dance floor.

I guess I could just settle and be grateful for all the supplies I already have and do like Shayne and just get a lot of mileage out of them making similar but still interesting and beautiful cards......Ha! like that's going to work for me. When I see those pretty new dies I just melt.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2021, 09:21 PM   #60  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

The one with the heart certainly looks the same. I'm really reluctant to buy from China though.
Try checking out piggy store on ********** they have the houses and the birds and the heart stems.
Good Luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2021, 11:28 PM   #61  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by evbartlettView Post
Try checking out piggy store on ********** they have the houses and the birds and the heart stems.
Good Luck
But they are all rip-offs, see post #32. 100%, the heart stems are originally from Impression Obsession.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2021, 11:39 PM   #62  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
But they are all rip-offs, see post #32. 100%, the heart stems are originally from Impression Obsession.
You can check with google who makes the original dies. You do know what you're looking for as far as sets go. Unfortunately I haven't been able to see who originally made the little chick die.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2021, 09:54 AM   #63  
Kookie Creator

Received 68 Likes on 30 Posts

As I was admiring these cards, I had a thought that one way the lovely layered floral background papers could be replicated would be by using some wide washi tape, like that from Altenew. That might be a way to create a similar look. The cards are certainly quite pleasing to the eye.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2021, 08:35 AM   #64  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Man, have I been on a wild goose chase, or should I say, bird chase. I found the bird dies used on the card; they're by Alexandra Renke: Bird Dies And thanks for the info on the heart stems; I have ordered them.

franticstamper.com  has many Alexandra Renke products.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2021, 08:38 AM   #65  
Insane Embellisher

I've admired those  Shayne Eddie cards but wondered how they would be presented to a recipient.  Surely not in an envelope, or going through the mail.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2021, 06:34 AM   #66  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinstacy2010View Post
As I was admiring these cards, I had a thought that one way the lovely layered floral background papers could be replicated would be by using some wide washi tape, like that from Altenew. That might be a way to create a similar look. The cards are certainly quite pleasing to the eye.

Another great idea.  Thanks!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2024, 01:04 AM   #67  
Cardstock Collector

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Shayne Eddie Cards

You can find Shayne's cards on this fbk group & answers questions about details of embossing folder / stamps / dies used:

Clean & Simple Cardmaking
Brought to you by Bert & Gert's
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Snowquartz:
DancesWithHooves (02-06-2024), ozarkstamper (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 09:40 AM   #68  

Received 275 Likes on 162 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowquartzView Post
You can find Shayne's cards on this fbk group & answers questions about details of embossing folder / stamps / dies used:

Clean & Simple Cardmaking
Brought to you by Bert & Gert's
Thank you for posting this. There are beautiful clean and simple cards posted there to admire!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2024, 07:25 PM   #69  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

I have been watching Shayne's creations on Facebook for some time now. She (unless "he" is appropriate) shares her work on the Facebook page Clean and Simple Cardmaking. Gets a gazillion comments with each post and claims to be "a lean, mean card making machine". Doesn't sell them, but gives them away to friends. Beautiful creations!

Someone recently asked where the dies come from and the response was that place with 4 letters in its name.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
whim6915 (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 10:51 PM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Shayne Eddie is a guy, amazing cardmaker. I see his work on Clean and Simple Cardmaking on Facebook like fionna51 mentioned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2024, 04:55 AM   #71  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by whim6915View Post
Shayne Eddie is a guy, amazing cardmaker. I see his work on Clean and Simple Cardmaking on Facebook like fionna51 mentioned.
Nice to know that Shayne is a guy. You are right...an amazing cardmaker!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
whim6915 (03-01-2024)