Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #121  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
First, let me say I do respect that Demos have a contract they are expected to honor & I have no problem with that but I'm confused. As I understand it part of the logic is people will hold their orders causing Demos to possibly not be able to meet their minimums and hurt their business. I think the Summer Mini runs from May 1 to August 31and here's where I get confused, doesn't the new Catty come out July 1st? So why wouldn't I hold off ordering from the Summer Mini until the the new Catty is released? That way I could make a better decision of what I wanted. Maybe there would be things I could live without from the Mini because there is something in the Catty I would rather have. I truly am not trying to start anything here but sometimes things seem illogical to me and that drives me nuts...LOL All this being said, the release dates of the mini versus the catty won't stop me from ordering anything as I think I have to have it all. I already have my order ready from the Summer Mini and will give to my Demo the last week of April so she has it to send on May 1st. My orders alone make her quarterly minimums...LOL
Can you be my new customer? Haha, just kidding. I used to be this customer for my old demo:-)

The holding order thing from the mini isn't really specific to just this one but for all minis. So, the big catty thing just happens to be a matter of timing with the restructuring of the catalog releases. I'm not saying the holding orders thing is the only reason they don't want the catalog leaked but I know it's one of them. I'm sure there are others. Was I clear as mud here...not feeling well so my brain's a lil fuzzy!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #122  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by GardenBView Post
Yeahhh, there's a realistic looking motorcycle! Fabulous. My sister and BIL are avid bikers, so I can definitely use that. Nice that it's just a single image too.

I have a question for Canadian demos. I see there's a 4th of July set in the US catalogue (link above). Is there a Canadian set in the Canadian catalogue?

barb

Barb, from Hog Wart's link, just change the two "us and US" to "ca and CA" and you'll see the Canadian mini.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 05:06 AM   #123  
Inking Addict

I just think it's a shame that SU have to take this tone with their demos and their customers!

We are all the reason why they are so successful, if there was no customers then there would be no interest! We buy their items and I just can't understand why they have to make such a song and dance out of their previews!

Of course we all want to see the new stuff, demos or just regular customers. Being able to post a copy of the new catty shouldn't be such an issue with SU as all it does is makes everyone want their new stuff and increases sales... never known a company like it!

Yes I can see it is a perk to the demos to get it first but your other perk is that you get SU stuff at a reduced price and will get that before any regular customer.

Every time a new catty comes out the same thing happens. I appreciate what the demos are saying the rules are the rules but if someone has broken that rule is that really an issue to you personally?

All it means is that your customers will get a little peak of what to expect and they will be eager to purchase from you when the catty goes live, I can't see that it will take anything away from you?!

A lot of people can't afford or jusitfy to become a demo and it's hard not knowing what treats are instore in a new catty when there are posts like this talking about it you want to see it with your own eyes.

Not a Demo just a SU addict!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 05:24 AM   #124  
Kookie Creator

I ran across a post on the forum a few days ago discussing how many Demos are now uploading their cards to the SU Demo Gallery which we do not have access to. I hope they will also take the time to post to Splitcoast also. I do not have the opportunity to get together with my demo often and I can say that almost everything I have purchased has been prompted by a Splitcoast upload. I even noticed there were many fewer cards than usual posted for Sale-a-bration and the new mini. I feel the excitement wasn't there this time. If anyone knows the link to the upload discussion, please let me know. I did not have time to leave a comment and I did not get back to it soon enough to find it easliy. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 09:06 AM   #125  

Quote:

Originally Posted by emeraldmjView Post
I ran across a post on the forum a few days ago discussing how many Demos are now uploading their cards to the SU Demo Gallery which we do not have access to. I hope they will also take the time to post to Splitcoast also. I do not have the opportunity to get together with my demo often and I can say that almost everything I have purchased has been prompted by a Splitcoast upload. I even noticed there were many fewer cards than usual posted for Sale-a-bration and the new mini. I feel the excitement wasn't there this time. If anyone knows the link to the upload discussion, please let me know. I did not have time to leave a comment and I did not get back to it soon enough to find it easliy. Thanks!
A LOT of demos are uploading to both sites! I see most of the cards over there AND here too so I know many demos are doing both. THere are pros and cons to us having a SU site and I know us demos are glad for it but we also still love SCS. The SU site is still new and very dis-organized but contact SU and let them know you'd like to see the gallery. I'm hopeful that one maybe they will open the gallery for public viewing. Like I said, don't get too upset, it's still very new so who knows what they will do with it!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #126  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

WOW Ladies,

I would like to step back and say why I started reading this thread,...the anticipation!!! Poss sad to some but true. The fun of so many things in life is the anticipation,the thrill of the chase so as to speak. Am a SU shopper and will always be,...don't get the secret hand shake deal but am not upset by it as we are not able to buy the stuff until May 1st so why not be able to see it and budget ahead? I do understand the $$$ issue,...but it is on both sides.
That said,...I thought I had been forgotten by SU and I have been rewarded,... I have already worked 2 days extra to get my NEEDS!!! Thank you for the posting the mini!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #127  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: in a parallel universe, where i get to stamp all day!

So, Barbiejo... you going to fess up what your needs are
i have several.... and i want to stress that they are indeed NEEDS and not WANTS... ... well thats what I told my hubby anyway:mrgreen: Luckily it's my birthday this weekend, so ive already told him what i want - as soon as he can put in the order.

and btw... i agree with you about the anticipation.... its always great to guess and shake the parcel and squeeze it...and not know what's inside it and all that stuff i did as a kid (and still do).... but now... even when i know what it is (in this case, the things on my wish list).... i still get really excited about how im going to use it/them and start planning projects ahead of time.
jaydee

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbiejoView Post
WOW Ladies,

I would like to step back and say why I started reading this thread,...the anticipation!!! Poss sad to some but true. The fun of so many things in life is the anticipation,the thrill of the chase so as to speak. Am a SU shopper and will always be,...don't get the secret hand shake deal but am not upset by it as we are not able to buy the stuff until May 1st so why not be able to see it and budget ahead? I do understand the $$$ issue,...but it is on both sides.
That said,...I thought I had been forgotten by SU and I have been rewarded,... I have already worked 2 days extra to get my NEEDS!!! Thank you for the posting the mini!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #128  
Crimping Master

There are a few beautiful examples of just a couple of sets in the SU Preview portion of the gallery! The mini is VERY pretty. I think you'll be quite pleased. I am so anxious to preorder, though hubby would disagree. I THINK your demo can show you a physical copy, though we aren't allowed to post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:26 AM   #129  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink-princessView Post
I just think it's a shame that SU have to take this tone with their demos and their customers!

We are all the reason why they are so successful, if there was no customers then there would be no interest! We buy their items and I just can't understand why they have to make such a song and dance out of their previews!

Of course we all want to see the new stuff, demos or just regular customers. Being able to post a copy of the new catty shouldn't be such an issue with SU as all it does is makes everyone want their new stuff and increases sales... never known a company like it!

Yes I can see it is a perk to the demos to get it first but your other perk is that you get SU stuff at a reduced price and will get that before any regular customer.

Every time a new catty comes out the same thing happens. I appreciate what the demos are saying the rules are the rules but if someone has broken that rule is that really an issue to you personally?

All it means is that your customers will get a little peak of what to expect and they will be eager to purchase from you when the catty goes live, I can't see that it will take anything away from you?!

A lot of people can't afford or jusitfy to become a demo and it's hard not knowing what treats are instore in a new catty when there are posts like this talking about it you want to see it with your own eyes.

Not a Demo just a SU addict!!
It can hurt demonstrators who do workshops if the mini is released to the customers who will be at their workshops. Why?

Say a demonstrator has a workshop this month for a group of people who do workshops with her twice a year. They don't rotate bookings like some groups, they just like to have a workshop in the fall and one in the spring.

So one of the guests finds the new mini for this summer online and shares it with many of the other guests. Many of them are on a fixed budget. They love everything in the new mini and they want to save some of their crafting dollars for items in it. So they buy less at the workshop this month, telling themselves they will order in May instead when the new mini goes live.

So the workshop closes lower than it would have. If she is a career demo and she's working to get the cruise or just to meet the amount to earn commissions, her sales are lower than they would have been. The hostess gets less goodies since the sales are lower too.

The months pass and finally the summer mini goes live. The demo eagerly anticipates all those purchases that the guests at this workshop said they would make once the summer mini sales period started. But guess what? In the intervening time, something else has come along and they spent their crafting dollars on that instead. Or they have been downsized at work and now have no crafting budget at all.

Of course, if you are a customer that likes to buy online or just place your own orders, you aren't going to react in quite the way a workshop guest might. It's always cool to see new stuff and start planning. But my guess is that sometimes (having had experience of this with my own customers) the same thing happens with your crafting dollars as it does with my fictitious demo's customers. I've had customers plan to spend on a new mini, only to decide when the latest and greatest doohicky from some online store went on sale, that they would rather buy that.

I don't do many workshops, so I can't say that this impacts me much, if at all. But for some demonstrators, the ones who use this as a business to support their families or cover a bill or two every month, it can lower their sales and thus their income. That's why SU! tries to keep the mini on the down low until it hits your mailbox. It's not from some desire for power over people. Because this is a workshop-driven business, with the workshop as the business model that SU! promotes, they do it to protect the demonstrators who do workshops.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:38 AM   #130  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

subbing

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 04:05 AM   #131  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

After looking through the mini, once again I'm disappointed with whats inside. I just haven't seen a SU stamp set that I'm actually excited about buying for quite some time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 05:42 AM   #132  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLS881View Post
After looking through the mini, once again I'm disappointed with whats inside. I just haven't seen a SU stamp set that I'm actually excited about buying for quite some time.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. There is an OK set, and I will get the individual grad stamp. That's it. Nothing to get excited over.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 05:58 AM   #133  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 494 Likes on 273 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInkView Post
It can hurt demonstrators who do workshops if the mini is released to the customers who will be at their workshops. Why?

Say a demonstrator has a workshop this month for a group of people who do workshops with her twice a year. They don't rotate bookings like some groups, they just like to have a workshop in the fall and one in the spring.

So one of the guests finds the new mini for this summer online and shares it with many of the other guests. Many of them are on a fixed budget. They love everything in the new mini and they want to save some of their crafting dollars for items in it. So they buy less at the workshop this month, telling themselves they will order in May instead when the new mini goes live.

So the workshop closes lower than it would have. If she is a career demo and she's working to get the cruise or just to meet the amount to earn commissions, her sales are lower than they would have been. The hostess gets less goodies since the sales are lower too.

The months pass and finally the summer mini goes live. The demo eagerly anticipates all those purchases that the guests at this workshop said they would make once the summer mini sales period started. But guess what? In the intervening time, something else has come along and they spent their crafting dollars on that instead. Or they have been downsized at work and now have no crafting budget at all.

Of course, if you are a customer that likes to buy online or just place your own orders, you aren't going to react in quite the way a workshop guest might. It's always cool to see new stuff and start planning. But my guess is that sometimes (having had experience of this with my own customers) the same thing happens with your crafting dollars as it does with my fictitious demo's customers. I've had customers plan to spend on a new mini, only to decide when the latest and greatest doohicky from some online store went on sale, that they would rather buy that.

I don't do many workshops, so I can't say that this impacts me much, if at all. But for some demonstrators, the ones who use this as a business to support their families or cover a bill or two every month, it can lower their sales and thus their income. That's why SU! tries to keep the mini on the down low until it hits your mailbox. It's not from some desire for power over people. Because this is a workshop-driven business, with the workshop as the business model that SU! promotes, they do it to protect the demonstrators who do workshops.
I'm still going to argue the opposite of this position (it's a great country when you can debate and not get hassled for it, right?).

I'll restate what I said earlier- there are stampers as you have said whose disposable incomes make them budget for their purchases. If there are things they want now, they'll buy those. If they see things they have to have in the mini, they can start to figure out how to have more money when it goes live, which might include culling their current possessions and selling off old things they don't use, saving money from other parts of their budget, working some overtime to have extra cash, selling their cards and crafts to coworkers and friends, making a wish list for friends and family, etc.

While it is possible that current sales may be lower because of releasing the mini, it is JUST as possible for the current sales not to be affected at all, and future sales to be higher because of releasing the mini.

We can debate until we're all blue in the face (that would be Cool Caribbean, my favorite color ever!) and it's all still just debate. There's no "answer" because it's all just discussion.

And I will say again, it's wrong to not honor your word, and demos who leak what they've agreed not to leak are wrong to do so. I believe in sticking to your word, and honoring your commitments. (But I also admit, since I'm not a demo, I did download the mini for my own personal perusal- and Jan, I'm planning my budget for stamps accordingly. It will not affect my current buying from my SU demo)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 06:24 AM   #134  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
I'm still going to argue the opposite of this position (it's a great country when you can debate and not get hassled for it, right?).

I'll restate what I said earlier- there are stampers as you have said whose disposable incomes make them budget for their purchases. If there are things they want now, they'll buy those. If they see things they have to have in the mini, they can start to figure out how to have more money when it goes live, which might include culling their current possessions and selling off old things they don't use, saving money from other parts of their budget, working some overtime to have extra cash, selling their cards and crafts to coworkers and friends, making a wish list for friends and family, etc.

While it is possible that current sales may be lower because of releasing the mini, it is JUST as possible for the current sales not to be affected at all, and future sales to be higher because of releasing the mini.

We can debate until we're all blue in the face (that would be Cool Caribbean, my favorite color ever!) and it's all still just debate. There's no "answer" because it's all just discussion.

And I will say again, it's wrong to not honor your word, and demos who leak what they've agreed not to leak are wrong to do so. I believe in sticking to your word, and honoring your commitments. (But I also admit, since I'm not a demo, I did download the mini for my own personal perusal- and Jan, I'm planning my budget for stamps accordingly. It will not affect my current buying from my SU demo)
Well stated argument. I am a demo and can see both sides. Jan makes excellent points as well. I do truly appreciate a well thought out rebutal without any negativity. Often these kinds of debates can get pretty nasty so I really appreciate how well you've stated your views without going down that road.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #135  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyKaydView Post
I'll be one of those that will gladly accept a PM with a link to the mini! TIA!
Me Too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 07:04 AM   #136  
Pearl-ExPert

Well Jaydee,...I'm glad you asked,...$$$$$$$.
Very fav is Elements of style,...love that vintage look,...have many flowers but now that I can do wood free,...whats one more. Have unmounted all my wheels,...got rid of many but the ones I kept I unmounted and use more. Want Thoughtful friend wheel to keep the restr company. Love Pedaling past,...the bikes are too cute,not as jazzed about the sayings. LOVE Fav thoughts,...Go Graduate and the Motorcycle,wish it was not wood but will get anyway,...am on the fence about the punch pack as I really should use up all those cute buttons but I love the look,as well as King of the grill as that would be my DH,...I did just get the old BBQ set off ebay last year,what can I say. I also want the Presto paper,... do like the other paper but will have more use for the presto stuff.
As you see I REALLY NEED THIS STUFF!!!! As well as advance notice to adjust my budget,...there is a new caddy comming as well and I still have needs from the other caddy. Mothers Day is comming and my birthday is in Nov,...feel free to send a card.
So there it is,yes I'm excited,...poss I should not have had that last cup of coffee,...love that hair on end look!!!

Happy stampin' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 07:05 AM   #137  
Pearl-ExPert

Roseys,...look on pg 2 from hogwarts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 07:14 AM   #138  
Compulsive Stamper

Thank you, BarbieJo!

Love Vintage and bicycles!

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbiejoView Post
Roseys,...look on pg 2 from hogwarts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 07:46 AM   #139  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by krista824View Post
Well stated argument. I am a demo and can see both sides. Jan makes excellent points as well. I do truly appreciate a well thought out rebutal without any negativity. Often these kinds of debates can get pretty nasty so I really appreciate how well you've stated your views without going down that road.

Thanks! I often wonder why things do have to get so nasty. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. (The trouble comes when the only opinion you're entitled to is THEIRS, lol!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #140  
Pearl-ExPert

More Favs anyone???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #141  
Glitter Guru

I thought there was lot I liked in this mini. The Bicycles, the builder wheels, and the individual stamps were nice. I'm sure I'll have an order for my demo.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #142  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

i just don't get the problem w/ waiting. all companys have release dates.
and yes i'm a demo. of 1. never had never will have a workshop,class of any kind. i buy for me.
that being said-i still don't have my copy of the mini.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #143  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post

Well, now, I didn't say that ALL customers will spend (or not spend) the way I outlined.

But you really have to consider the workshop setting. It's very much driven on impulse and desire. It's my job (indeed any demo's job) to create desire and impulse in people who attend my workshops. It's my job to make you want to buy at the workshop. It's very much a "a bird in the hand beats two in the bush" situation.

People who walk out of the door without buying anything, even if they carry away a catalog are less likely to buy something. I've seen it more times than I like to think of. Once they are out the door, there are all kinds of other forces that start working on them and they lose their desire to order or simply forget about doing it under the pressure of every day life.

Most of those aren't hardened stampers like we are. We have a mission: to acquire as much of our beloved schtuff as we can. :mrgreen: We glory in knowing we have lots of stuff to play with. We plot and plan to get more. But most workshop guests are not like this. They may never have stamped before in their lives, they might only stamp now and then. So while they might be initially tempted to wait to order when a new mini comes up instead of right then at the workshop, they don't remember or their attention is called to something they can pick up right away at a store so their money has been spent.

It's good for me and it's good for the hostess to have customers buy at the workshop...and in some measure, it's good for the customer. The stuff they are buying is often things they have seen me use, so they feel confident when they get their new stuff and are more likely to use it very soon, rather than putting it in a drawer somewhere because they can't remember what they meant to do with it or how to use it. Not that *I* have ever done that, oh no... cough...cough..ahem...no I don't [kicking drawer behind her shut with her foot] have drawers of tools I bought and never used, nuh uh! :mrgreen:

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #144  
Polyshrink Goddess

Our club is set up to were we've committed to spending a certain amount. So regardless of what's in the current catalog, or what's going to be available in the mini, I'm still going to spend the same amount. I might spend more when it's my month to be hostess, but other than that I keep it pretty much the same.

Don't a lot of SU demos have clubs set up that way?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 11:16 AM   #145  

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharityHandView Post
Our club is set up to were we've committed to spending a certain amount. So regardless of what's in the current catalog, or what's going to be available in the mini, I'm still going to spend the same amount. I might spend more when it's my month to be hostess, but other than that I keep it pretty much the same.

While some demos may have clubs, not all do...I'd venture to say the majority do not. And if they do, clubs may only account for a small amount of income that they rely on. Me...I am my own club, hahaha:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #146  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I definitely can understand everyone's point of view here. If I were a demo I would really be bothered by this being leaked out, simply because if SU set certain guidelines, then those guidelines should be followed, whether one agrees with them or not. But speaking as a customer, I can tell you that the anticipation is almost more than I can stand sometimes. Usually the only time I see my demo is when she is delivering my goodies. So I do have to say that I always appreciate seeing info ahead of time. But I'm not on an extremely strict budget either, if I want something now, I can get it, and same goes for what's coming up later, if I see something I like in a future catalog, I'll be able to purchase then too.

That being said, I must say that this is the first mini in a long time where there is a stamp set that I must absolutely have. The last SU set that I ordered from a mini is Like it a Latte. Seriously. In 2006. No SU mini has enticed me since then. But I absolutely must have that Itty Bitty Bits set with the matching punch pack. I also am really liking the tropical set and paper, and the 4th of July set. I'm glad my birthday falls during this catalog period, that's all I can say.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #147  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm a demo and it doens't bother me at all that the link is posted. I make lists of hte things i want and I add to them over time, so I can place larger orders and get hostess benefits.... Alos, some people are on a budget and this way they can set aside the money for a future orders. *shrug* I could waste my time being upset about it but there really isn't any point to that. I just hope that anyone of my customer's who has seen it already is making the list for thier next order. I am in impateint person and if there was a way to see the preview of the new IB&C I'd be all over it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #148  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sadly - there is not much I like in this new mini . I think the dp is about the only thing that interests me! I like the current mini much more! Just different taste I guess.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #149  

I love the ice cream set!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 02:51 PM   #150  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharityHandView Post

As a matter of fact, I'm going to mine tonight. It's VERY convenient having one's demo as a next door neighbor! We currently have a Stamper's Nine group.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #151  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
While some demos may have clubs, not all do...I'd venture to say the majority do not. And if they do, clubs may only account for a small amount of income that they rely on. Me...I am my own club, hahaha:-)
I know a lot of the demos around here do have groups. It helps them make their minimums. (That goes for the CTMH & TAC demos I know, too.)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #152  

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333View Post
Sadly - there is not much I like in this new mini . I think the dp is about the only thing that interests me! I like the current mini much more! Just different taste I guess.
Well, we'll have to just convince you differently!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #153  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLattyView Post
I love the ice cream set!

me too! i think i would use that one a LOT!!!

i think i will have to have that one!

i am a nut about paper and i really like the presto patterns specialty DSP so i may end up with that... i think i want to try the smooch spritz as well!

i have been wanting a new graduation set for a long time and i am not thrilled with the one they have... at least not for announcements, but i think it will be cute for scrapbooking. my daughter really likes the owl and the row of legs with shoes. i like the sentiment 'go get a job' LOL

pedaling past & first day are really cute but i don't know how much i would actually use them so...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #154  
Pearl-ExPert

This is my fav mini in a LONG time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #155  
Insane Embellisher

I definitely appreciate and respect everyone's views here, but being the loudmouth I am, I just have to add my two cents I can't imagine I'm the only one who sees this issue the way I do, but I may very well be in the minority.
I had some items I wanted to order back in December but figured I would just wait for Saleabration. But when it finally came around I saw there was nothing I liked enough to go for a SAB set. Now that I've seen the mini, it's the same thing. I don't like anything in it at all.
I figured I've already waited since December to order and now it's almost April, so I'll probably just wait for the big catalog in July. If I knew I wouldn't like anything in the minis I would have placed my order much sooner rather than waiting to see what was coming out.
So now I wonder how many others hold thier orders until a mini comes out?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #156  

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mamaView Post
me too! i think i would use that one a LOT!!!

i think i will have to have that one!

i am a nut about paper and i really like the presto patterns specialty DSP so i may end up with that... i think i want to try the smooch spritz as well!

i have been wanting a new graduation set for a long time and i am not thrilled with the one they have... at least not for announcements, but i think it will be cute for scrapbooking. my daughter really likes the owl and the row of legs with shoes. i like the sentiment 'go get a job' LOL

pedaling past & first day are really cute but i don't know how much i would actually use them so...
I'm not that crazy about the graduation set either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 03:55 AM   #157  
Embossing Fanatic

Just wondering if any one knows when the list of what is retiring will be coming out? I want to know what i need to buy before they go away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 04:50 AM   #158  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdtotn2010View Post
Just wondering if any one knows when the list of what is retiring will be coming out? I want to know what i need to buy before they go away.
It is usually June 1st-ish:-) The stamps anyway, not sure about the accessories. I'll have to check the Su calendar.....after I get home from work....boooo on a Sat!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 05:23 AM   #159  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog WortsView Post
-Not a demo
-Didn't receive the link from a demo

It's called google!!! If Stampin Up! doesn't want people to find the mini then they should put it on a secure page, duh! I seriously think they want it to get leaked out otherwise it would be secure.
I love google!! The things you can learn.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 06:10 AM   #160  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethvbView Post
I love google!! The things you can learn.
AMEN SISTA!
Reply With Quote Likes