Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #81  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GardenBView Post
Yeahhh, there's a realistic looking motorcycle! Fabulous. My sister and BIL are avid bikers, so I can definitely use that. Nice that it's just a single image too.

I have a question for Canadian demos. I see there's a 4th of July set in the US catalogue (link above). Is there a Canadian set in the Canadian catalogue?

barb
There is!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #82  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most veteran SU customers know that SU doesn't want the catalogs "leaked" electronically before the start of the campaign. Some of the demonstrators on this thread stated that. Now, someone, who has obviously created a new identity just for posting the link to the mini, has shown a great deal of disrespect by posting it. It is not a giant secret but it is something SU has asked their demonstrators not to do. If you, Hog Warts, are not a demonstrator, then your demonstrator is wrong. If you are a demonstrator, then you are wrong.

Have a great evening. I wonder if someday you'll wonder why your children, disrespect you.

By the way, I am NOT a demonstrator but would never dream of doing this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #83  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeygirl59View Post
Most veteran SU customers know that SU doesn't want the catalogs "leaked" electronically before the start of the campaign. Some of the demonstrators on this thread stated that. Now, someone, who has obviously created a new identity just for posting the link to the mini, has shown a great deal of disrespect by posting it. It is not a giant secret but it is something SU has asked their demonstrators not to do. If you, Hog Warts, are not a demonstrator, then your demonstrator is wrong. If you are a demonstrator, then you are wrong.

Have a great evening. I wonder if someday you'll wonder why your children, disrespect you.

By the way, I am NOT a demonstrator but would never dream of doing this.
Thank you for posting this! I AM a demonstrator and this is such a shame. Darn it, I know everyone wants to know what is new. I did too. Thats why I became a demonstrator. To have the privilege to get a first peek and pre-order of items. I think discussing some items is okay but posting an actual link is not cool. I have not even received my actual mini yet with my stamping success magazine, as have alot of other demonstrators havent either. To be honest, while I know the customers are excited to see, this is just another example of how it is ruining it for the SU demos overall. SU higher ups have asked us repeatedly not to post the pdf online before it goes live. They have allowed us to preorder and allowed us to show creations we have made with those preorders on sites like this, but at some point, they are going to say "why bother?" Why, you may ask? Well, some demos try to make a living off of this (not me) but when a new mini that doesnt go live for 2 1/2 months gets leaked, people say "I'll just wait to spend my money later on that stuff" and it hurts the demo who is trying to make a living right now.

I am disappointed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #84  
Mad Swapper

This happens everytime a new mini comes out, a demo posts it before they should and then other demos get upset and a huge debate starts to go back and forth. I am not a demo, just an SU customer and in all honesty I get a little put off by demos ranting and in some cases getting nasty about this in front of customers. I think it is fine that demos are voicing their displeasure of another demo going against the SU policy, but I really think it is a topic that should be kept on the demos side of the board. I get that the post was started here, but I think there is a better way to voice your concerns than in front of customers.

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #85  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwelch10377View Post
This happens everytime a new mini comes out, a demo posts it before they should and then other demos get upset and a huge debate starts to go back and forth. I am not a demo, just an SU customer and in all honesty I get a little put off by demos ranting and in some cases getting nasty about this in front of customers. I think it is fine that demos are voicing their displeasure of another demo going against the SU policy, but I really think it is a topic that should be kept on the demos side of the board. I get that the post was started here, but I think there is a better way to voice your concerns than in front of customers.
I hear you but I dont have customers, I am a hobby demo who only buys for myself. There is a post on the demo side about this too. I dont feel like I was "ranting" about it, just felt like it was my opinion about how it does spoil it for some demos who try to work their business. It makes no dif to me one way or the other and I understand the desire to know beforehand. I guess thats why I became a demo for SU and for Tupperware at one time and for Pampered Chef before that. Because I love to "be in the know" first....LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #86  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I didn't read a "rant" anywhere in there, Kelly. I think it's perfectly fine for you to voice your concern and your support of your fellow demos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #87  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by kspivView Post
I hear you but I dont have customers, I am a hobby demo who only buys for myself. There is a post on the demo side about this too. I dont feel like I was "ranting" about it, just felt like it was my opinion about how it does spoil it for some demos who try to work their business. It makes no dif to me one way or the other and I understand the desire to know beforehand. I guess thats why I became a demo for SU and for Tupperware at one time and for Pampered Chef before that. Because I love to "be in the know" first....LOL
I get what you are saying, I was referring to SU customers as a whole, not really demo specfic customers. I also wasn't meaning to call you out or anything, these posts usually get out of hand and I wanted to post this to give some of the demos something to think about from a customers POV before they posted on this thread.

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #88  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwelch10377View Post
As a demo, I agree....to a point. Please remember that is some cases, such as myself, we are our own best customers. As a demo, I do find it sad that a simple rule be followed. Not that hard really. As a customer, I totally understand the I gotta see it now feeling. I have seen it online, but don't have my copy yet. I am anxiously waiting for it to come, just like I do for every release. Nothing like having it in hand. I do agree that sometimes things could be typed a bit more carefully and that feelings should be tempered a bit before we just type any old thing. But human nature being what it is, we don't always filter and think before we type or talk. I agree that if there is a demo issue, it shouldn't be aired for all to see, but there is nothing wrong with a gentle reminder that hey, guys, please, we are trying to follow what has been asked of us. Those of us who do not post the links, even though we know how hard it is to wait, are also thinking ahead. SU may as someone else posted, decide, well if they can't so a simple thing like not post this online, then we won't even give them a preview or preorder to help them to make samples with the new product. I just think it is kind of a shame, and I am as guilty as the next person, but we have to know or have it now....instant gratification society....not pointing fingers...just saying...and like I said, I am as guilty as the next person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #89  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

To me, it's not a big deal. If we see it early, great, we can plan our purchases accordingly, and SU will probably make out better because of it. If you're going to talk about the mini here, you might as well post the link. That's what's causing all the desire to see it anyway. If SU doesn't like it, then the demos shouldn't even get the mini early.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #90  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancystampsView Post
To me, it's not a big deal. If we see it early, great, we can plan our purchases accordingly, and SU will probably make out better because of it. If you're going to talk about the mini here, you might as well post the link. That's what's causing all the desire to see it anyway. If SU doesn't like it, then the demos shouldn't even get the mini early.
Again, I'll point out that this thread was not started by a demo. Also, getting the mini early is a "perk" of being a demo. There has to be perks, otherwise why would anyone become a demo (money yes I know....ask me if I make any)?

It's not that SU! doesn't want us sharing/talking about the mini. We totally can! They don't want it posted online...for the whole world to see. They are fine with demos sharing it in person with customers but again not online. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. And we need our cattys early to plan what to buy so that we can have things ready when the catalog goes live. Customers would complain if we didn't have things to try or examples to show.

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #91  
Gallery Gazer

So why wouldn't you be happy that a customer has already seen the mini and sees some great sets (i.e. "educated consumer) and would love more ideas from you to just cement that purchase? The "I know something you don't know" doesn't make me want to buy it from you more than any other demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #92  
Pearl-ExPert

Honestly, I can't believe that SU is so naive to believe that it won't be leaked. If they really need it kept under wraps, then they could always wait and not let the demos see them either.

They're stamps, ladies!! Have fun and ink it up tonight!

Nancy

Southern Yankee Crafter Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #93  

Quote:

So why wouldn't you be happy that a customer has already seen the mini and sees some great sets (i.e. "educated consumer) and would love more ideas from you to just cement that purchase? The "I know something you don't know" doesn't make me want to buy it from you more than any other demo.
I don't believe I ever made anyone feel like "I know something you don't know" feeling or would I ever want to. So I don't know if you were posting in general or at my response as it wasn't quoted. Most of the demos I know would never want anyone to feel like that. I've said it before, seeing things early is a perk of being a demo...you wanna see it, sign up! It really was one of the reasons I joined. And yes, there are pros and cons to each side of everything but there are some reasons that SU! wants this kept from being posted online early.

ANY company has a time line for marketing, this is NOT an SU! exclusive issue in and of itself. Say your particular demo is counting on making X amount in a quarter or month she may choose not to show you a mini that you can't currently order out of because you may "hold" your order until you can order from the mini. This could be a big deal if this is her sole income, which there are some demos which it is. With posting it online early she may get "screwed" because any of her customers can see it in theory and may hold their orders (now, this was never an issue for me as a customer because I am crazy and would just buy whatever i wanted whenever....never been good at budgeting but others are and I'm sure someday when I have a family I will be too). She may not make her minimums for that month or quarter or be missing some income she was counting on. Great, if she can make it up when the mini goes live but income is kind of a "need it now" kind of thing as in rent, food, all that! That make any sense. It should be each demos choice to share the mini with her or his:-) customers, which is why the showing it in person thing is ok.

Just trying to show there is some reasoning at work here and we aren't a bunch of meanies!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #94  

I forgot to add this to my above post....

I think the reason that a lot of demos are frustrated and my main problem with all this is that I get annoyed at people who think they are too good for rules or they are above them. We were asked by SU! not to post it so we shouldn't, any of us. It's a matter of principal weather it be stamping or something more "serious". I wouldn't go and do something opposite of what I was asked at my full time job just the same.

So I'm frustrated that once again someone thinks the rules don't apply to them and they can do whatever they want. I suspect an "alias" was made just for the purpose of leaking which is sad as well. If you're going to break the rules, own it...don't hide behind a phoney user name:-(

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #95  

Quote:

Specifically? There are business demos out there trying to make money at this and if the majority of customers see the mini's early and fall in love with it, what's to stop them from holding off on their purchases until they can order from it?

Yes, they may purchase from their regular demo but they may also take all of this month's would be purchases and order them at a workshop they were invited to at their aunt's cousin's roomate's dog's house next month.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not going to put me in the poor house if it's posted here early. But it gets me a wee bit irritated. I know I can't stop anyone from looking now that the cat is out of the bag.

For what it's worth, I wish SU! would password protect it to prevent threads like this causing any hard feelings between the general forum and the demo forum. We's all stampers, dudes!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #96  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 172 Likes on 128 Posts

just don't know why once the date is released-everyone has such a hard time waiting
where else can you ask a demo/worker to "leak product" early.
til i became a demo-i never heard of such a thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #97  
Gallery Gazer

No, my comment was just general to this thread. But (general comment again) if SU says you're allowed to share the mini, just not online, and you're my demo, and you choose not to show it to me, well, just saying, I'm not getting warm fuzzies. Maybe you as a demo wished I didn't know that, but here we are on SCS and everyone talks. Everyone's watching pennies these days, waiting for coupons, free shipping, etc., trying to plan their purchases, just as a demo is trying to plan to meet her quarterly minimums. If I have a few packs of cardstock to order, well, do I try to catch the end of Sale-a-bration, or do I wait to see what the hostess set is in the new mini, or hold off till the new catty comes out in June? Bottom line is, SU is still getting my money!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 03:52 PM   #98  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
just don't know why once the date is released-everyone has such a hard time waiting
where else can you ask a demo/worker to "leak product" early.
til i became a demo-i never heard of such a thing.
Kind of like a bunch of kids at Christmas, aren't we? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #99  
Mad Swapper

Wow, this thread sort of blew me away and all I will say is in a tone of calm and careful discussion.

Right is right and wrong is wrong. We are contractually forbidden from sharing the Summer mini at this time. That's a very simple fact. If we (as demonstrators) share it in violation of the agreement we signed, then it has no bearing whether my customer or SCS readers like that or not. It's a legally binding promise and the violation of which might be subject to termination. AND in a casual way of saying it, it's "uncool" and childish to share it early. Some might say it's childish of SU to withhold it but that's another topic and anyone can take that up with SU. The sole issue for me is that they said "do not share this before x date" and I will honor their direction and contractual requirement that I agreed to. It seem so straightforward to me. My word is important to me and is more important than the feelings of a disgruntled customer.

I am a business demo (and, by education, an attorney). I follow SU's rules but I don't police others. To me it's only about integrity. I have it. I follow the rules. SU tells me "do not share this information until "x" date" and I follow that. If my customer would get irked that they can find it electronically elsewhere (prematurely) but not from me, then I say "oh well." I can sleep at night. If that customer wants to not buy from me because I follow the agreement that I agreed to then that is that customer's problem/choice and not mine. My self-respect and that of the company I represent means much more to me than a customer's displeasure at my not following legal rules.

And on that note, I wish you all a great weekend!

Take care,

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #100  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by kspivView Post
Thank you for posting this! I AM a demonstrator and this is such a shame. Darn it, I know everyone wants to know what is new. I did too. Thats why I became a demonstrator. To have the privilege to get a first peek and pre-order of items. I think discussing some items is okay but posting an actual link is not cool. I have not even received my actual mini yet with my stamping success magazine, as have alot of other demonstrators havent either. To be honest, while I know the customers are excited to see, this is just another example of how it is ruining it for the SU demos overall. SU higher ups have asked us repeatedly not to post the pdf online before it goes live. They have allowed us to preorder and allowed us to show creations we have made with those preorders on sites like this, but at some point, they are going to say "why bother?" Why, you may ask? Well, some demos try to make a living off of this (not me) but when a new mini that doesnt go live for 2 1/2 months gets leaked, people say "I'll just wait to spend my money later on that stuff" and it hurts the demo who is trying to make a living right now.

I am disappointed.
I agree with every word you said. I received my hard copy of the mini today so yours is gonna be there any day. Thank you for saying this!

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #101  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star StamperView Post
Wow, this thread sort of blew me away and all I will say is in a tone of calm and careful discussion.

Right is right and wrong is wrong. We are contractually forbidden from sharing the Summer mini at this time. That's a very simple fact. If we (as demonstrators) share it in violation of the agreement we signed, then it has no bearing whether my customer or SCS readers like that or not. It's a legally binding promise and the violation of which might be subject to termination. AND in a casual way of saying it, it's "uncool" and childish to share it early. Some might say it's childish of SU to withhold it but that's another topic and anyone can take that up with SU. The sole issue for me is that they said "do not share this before x date" and I will honor their direction and contractual requirement that I agreed to. It seem so straightforward to me. My word is important to me and is more important than the feelings of a disgruntled customer.

I am a business demo (and, by education, an attorney). I follow SU's rules but I don't police others. To me it's only about integrity. I have it. I follow the rules. SU tells me "do not share this information until "x" date" and I follow that. If my customer would get irked that they can find it electronically elsewhere (prematurely) but not from me, then I say "oh well." I can sleep at night. If that customer wants to not buy from me because I follow the agreement that I agreed to then that is that customer's problem/choice and not mine. My self-respect and that of the company I represent means much more to me than a customer's displeasure at my not following legal rules.

And on that note, I wish you all a great weekend!

Take care,
Stella, will you be my BFF?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #102  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLattyView Post
Me too
Me three
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #103  
Kookie Creator

my God, people. They are stamps. This isn't the top secret cure for a deadly disease. Is it REALLY that big of a deal? I have to chuckle at this one.

if SU didn't want it leaked, they could utilize something better than hosting it on their site in a PDF format. LOL. It's really not that hard. :rolleyes:

Last edited by pantala40; 03-12-2010 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: typo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #104  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: in a parallel universe, where i get to stamp all day!

So... now I can't bribe anyone for THE George Clooney's phone number to have a sneak peak at my catty:-)! Now that you have seen it how about telling us what you like about what you have seen in it :-)
jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #105  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydeestampingView Post
So... now I can't bribe anyone for THE George Clooney's phone number to have a sneak peak at my catty:-)! Now that you have seen it how about telling us what you like about what you have seen in it :-)
jaydee
::whispers::

it's on page 2...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #106  
Gabfest Goddess

Did anybody else notice that the extra-large cogs punch on page 23 had a price of $17.95( for two cogs) while the extra-large two-step bird punch that's in the current mini is $15.95 (for a bird shape, a wing/leaf shape and a branch)? Wonder if that means there's going to be a price increase for punches in the upcoming catalog?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 01:26 AM   #107  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantala40View Post
my God, people. They are stamps. This isn't the top secret cure for a deadly disease. Is it REALLY that big of a deal? I have to chuckle at this one.

if SU didn't want it leaked, they could utilize something better than hosting it on their site in a PDF format. LOL. It's really not that hard. :rolleyes:
Yes, they are only stamps. And, yes, SU could probably find a better way to keep it private. But, the bottom line is, SU asks this of their demonstrators, who are really supposed to follow some rules, even if they are stupid ones. It's SU's right to expect that. Without out some rules in life, there is chaos. So, while in the broad spectrum, this probably won't cause the earth to change its axis, it does illustrate a lack of respect. I think we can all appreciate the need for SOME respect. Have a great day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 04:07 AM   #108  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh, I need that "sorry I was crabby" stamp.

I think that the buzz created by people dying to get a look at the new stamps really helps build up the anticipation of the new catalog. The way I see it, if they didn't want it leaked out, they would have put it on a secure page only accessible by demonstrator username and password. When people get early previews of items that they can't have, they are more desirable to them. SU knows that. You hear all the time about companies leaking items on purpose for the sake of advertising. Think about it. This is great (and free!) advertising for SU. All of us talking about the new mini, wanting to see it, psst.. here's a link, etc. We're all winners!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 04:23 AM   #109  
Kookie Creator

This has to be the worst post ever & for the life of me here i am replying to it.
We as DEMOS,key word people,demos,get access to the stuff early because we are DEMOS!!! This isn't to be leaked,shared,posted,or whatever or however you want to put it.If you want to see the stuff early,find a demo & sign up! You probably spend that much on stamps anyway every 3 mo.s. This is getting old every time something new comes out,so stop asking for us to show it to you please.We ARE NOT ALLOWED TO!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 04:43 AM   #110  

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharityHandView Post
Oh, I need that "sorry I was crabby" stamp.

I think that the buzz created by people dying to get a look at the new stamps really helps build up the anticipation of the new catalog. The way I see it, if they didn't want it leaked out, they would have put it on a secure page only accessible by demonstrator username and password. When people get early previews of items that they can't have, they are more desirable to them. SU knows that. You hear all the time about companies leaking items on purpose for the sake of advertising. Think about it. This is great (and free!) advertising for SU. All of us talking about the new mini, wanting to see it, psst.. here's a link, etc. We're all winners!
Yes, while in theory putting it out with a password seems like a good solution if a demo is willing to post the link I'm sure there are demos willing to give out the password...so back to square one. Again, its a matter of principle. People can't seem to follow the rules. I don't really care that you have all seen the (wonderful) mini, I'm annoyed at the *the rules don't apply to me or I don't care about them mentality*.

This happens everytime and I get annoyed each time:rolleyes:

I must say it did take quite a while this time around! Usually it's the same day!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 06:06 AM   #111  
Glitter Guru

Exactly! If I was one to not follow the rules I would have posted the mini myself! I didnt mean to make this about the "na na na boo boo, I see it and you dont!" thing. I totally want you all to see it and it was killing me not to be able to share it with y'all! I know I would want to see it too!

I meant it more about the actual "the rules are the actual PDF of the mini is not supposed to be posted per our contract with SU" thing that I have a problem with.

And actually the PDF IS password protected because you have to log in to demostrator side of SU. We have a ID and password. That is the only way we can see it initially. Most of us save it to our desktop or something so we can go back and view it later on. I save mine, print mine and wait with baited breath til I get my actual copy in the mail so I can see it better than a pdf file. LOL

So while, yes, it is just stamps and not the end of the world and while I would want everyone to see it and love it and buy from their demos (which again, doesnt affect me in the least because I dont sell SU, just buy SU for myself) its more about the rules being broken. And while some of you may think SU shows us the minis on purpose to leak and build excitement, actually there has been many articles from SU on the SU Demo website asking us to not do these things. Repeatedly asked. They have said it can affect demos businesses and for us to not just think about us and our bsinesses, but about other demos businesses. I think they have a good grasp on what they want and dont want us to do.

And Stella...your post is exactly why you are such a rockstar within SU! =) You follow the rules and your #s show it, girl!

I dont want this thread to turn anyone off from SU! SU and its demos are wonderful, creative and talented! So since the mini has been posted lets turn this thread positive!! So what do you all love that you have seen? I am a flower girl so that new Elements of Style set is calling my name! There have been some beautiful samples shown of that because some demos received it at Leadership or Regionals or something and they are using it. Karen Barber is one who has done some amazing samples with it!! I am also excited about the Smooch Spray and the papers that you can brayer or use the spray or daubers or sponges on. I also love the luau stuff! That paper is so cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 06:07 AM   #112  
Cardstock Collector

-Not a demo
-Didn't receive the link from a demo

It's called google!!! If Stampin Up! doesn't want people to find the mini then they should put it on a secure page, duh! I seriously think they want it to get leaked out otherwise it would be secure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #113  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog WortsView Post
-Not a demo

It's called google!!! If Stampin Up! doesn't want people to find the mini then they should put it on a secure page, duh! I seriously think they want it to get leaked out otherwise it would be secure.
Thanks for confirming that you're not a demo, and therefore aren't breaking a contract.
Welcome to SCS! I see you're brand new! Have you lurked here without registering for long? How long have you been stamping? Please, you obviously enjoy stamping and SU!, so tell us more about yourself!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #114  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

-Not a demo

Bingo!!!! Everyone gets their undies in a bunch ...for nothing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #115  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

-Not a demo

Interesting. :confused: One wonders which key words pulled up the US summer mini for you on Google, since I've tried multiple combinations only to get the Australian summer mini instead (which is out now, not under wraps.)

I would really love to know how you did it.

Frankly, I'm not fussed about it. I wouldn't post the link myself, but someone always does it.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #116  
Rubber Obsessor

Believe it or not, I have also successfully used Hog Warts' method to find the new SU minis and previews in the past - I googled them!

Jan - to answer your question, specifically, my secret was using the names of stamp sets that were floating around. All you have to do is go into the SCS Summer Mini gallery to see the names of the new stamp sets. Pick some of the less common names, then get your butt to googling! You definitely have to keep trying a bunch of combinations, but eventually it always worked for me! (I don't know how Hog Warts did it - just sayin' that's how I did it though )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #117  
Stampin' Fool

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInkView Post
Interesting. :confused:

I would really love to know how you did it.
I had not bothered to take the time to try to figure out the summer mini this time, but I will tell you what I have done in the past.

The link starts out stampinup.com/us/documents/summermini and ends in .pdf, it is just the stuff in between that changes. This time it is a little more complicated, but in the past I have been able to guess what is in between by looking at say the winter mini to get ideas for what to try. Also if you find the Canadian or other country version, you can usually just change Canada to US. Sometimes if you get part of it right, the computer asks you, did you mean.......Yeah, I am a geek!

To make some of the demos feel better, seeing the mini ahead of time has never stopped me from buying something that was already on my wish list. I haven't published the link anywhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #118  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

wow I am impressed! I would never have the time or inclination to work that out. I guess you love stamping more than even me LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #119  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 497 Likes on 275 Posts

About the whole issue of revenue, seems like everyone is SO concerned that stampers may put off spending until the new mini is live.......realistically, look at stampers as a group. We buy stamps. If there's stuff we want now, we buy it now. If there's nothing we're in love with, we don't buy. I see leaking the mini as more likely to generate revenue- if I have a limited stamp budget, maybe I can trim my spending in other areas to allow me to have the available cash when the mini goes live. So, it can be argued from both sides. Maybe I can go over on buy/sell and unload some oldies to make a pile of cash to spend on the things I love in the mini.
Yes, it's wrong to go back on your word, and demos apparently have given their word not to post the link. (I agree with that)
But I can argue whether it will cut current profits to post the mini ahead of it's release (and I just did!). I don't think having the mini floating around is going to trash anyone's bottom line.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #120  
Stampin' Fool

First, let me say I do respect that Demos have a contract they are expected to honor & I have no problem with that but I'm confused. As I understand it part of the logic is people will hold their orders causing Demos to possibly not be able to meet their minimums and hurt their business. I think the Summer Mini runs from May 1 to August 31and here's where I get confused, doesn't the new Catty come out July 1st? So why wouldn't I hold off ordering from the Summer Mini until the the new Catty is released? That way I could make a better decision of what I wanted. Maybe there would be things I could live without from the Mini because there is something in the Catty I would rather have. I truly am not trying to start anything here but sometimes things seem illogical to me and that drives me nuts...LOL All this being said, the release dates of the mini versus the catty won't stop me from ordering anything as I think I have to have it all. I already have my order ready from the Summer Mini and will give to my Demo the last week of April so she has it to send on May 1st. My orders alone make her quarterly minimums...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes