Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-26-2006, 02:55 PM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any former TAC angels out there?

I am seriously thinking of "getting my wings", and I can't for the life of me find a downside to this! The kit is awesome and the $ requirements to stay active are so low!

Is anyone out there a former demo for TAC? If so, why did you quit? I know we all have changes in life circumstances from time to time but am I missing something? This seems too good to be true!

Thanks so much to all of the wonderful Angels who have given me much valuable information already!
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 02:48 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Nobody? I guess that's a good thing!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 03:14 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

hi lisa!

your right, there really is no downside. they give us alot of freedom.

www.celebratinghome.com/sites/lorettan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 03:15 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Smile

btw, let me know if you need any help or info.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 03:41 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

No downside that I have seen being an Angel
I told my mom I'd be one someday!!!!hee hee
Your going to love being an angel and all the goodies
Need something ..........fly on over
Pearl
Angel #2689

quote: SAW IT WANTED IT THREW A FIT>>>>>AND GOT IT!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 06:07 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am a former angel.....I did not like the ordering system....had to be mailed or faxed.....it was way too time consuming to do that! I will say that was 3 yrs. ago so things may have changed.

I also did not care for the stamps on acrylic blocks....yes they take less space to store, but they are also a pain in the rear to use.

Just my opinion!

Jana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 06:29 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

The ordering system will be changing here very soon! AngelNet - a program for placing orders, tracking orders, successline, etc will be available FREE for all active Angels. For those not online they will still be able to email, fax or send in orders. This should be going live in August.

The UM system is something that is totally up to personal preference. I, personally, have an impossible time with wood mounted stamps. Not to say that I don't have any in my stash. One of the design teams I work with is completely mounted. Not that I haven't thought of unmounting them but being mounted it helps me keep them seperate from my UM stamps and since I have to store them completely seperate from my UM's because of how they need to be stored.

And another reason I prefer the UM's is because of the price. I cannot afford the wood sets. Well - I could but I would have a whole lot less stamps! I have to completely LOVE a stamp set or single stamp to justify the price on them. I love TONS of the SU!, American Art, A Muse, and other companies wood mounted stamps but I cannot justify paying $5 for one image or $35+ for a set when I can get a set of just as many stamps for only $15 or so when it's unmounted.

So I am not hijacking ;-) I think that demonstrating for ANY company depends on your preference on the products that the company carries. I LOVE UM stamps so I demo for an UM company. You need to weigh the benefits for YOU! If you love wood mounted stamps and can afford them with a 20% discount you get from SU! then demo for them!! If you prefer to use and the cost of UM's continue to consider TAC - or even CTMH!

Most importantly. Make your decision based on trying the product first. I know some that have considered signing for an UM company when they've never tried the stamps. You need to try before you decide. UM's are a matter of personal taste as is wood mounted. Do not go into anything blindly. Make lists of what you like about each company, consider the benefits and then make your decision.

Whichever company fits you the best is the one that you should demonstrate for - regardless of what others think is the best. Opinions vary but in this case - the only opinion that matters is yours ;-)
Jana ~Angel #1251~ Manager with The Angel Company and List Mom for TAC Addicted
http://jana.ismyangel.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 06:53 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

I have been buying TAC stamps for almost a year and I LOVE them! I love the images and have no difficulty at all using the unmounted system. I wouldn't mind faxing orders because I have a fax machine, but online sure would be easier. I've heard about AngelNet the entire time I've been aware of TAC. Has there been some major hold-up in getting it up and running? Are they reasonably sure that it'll go live in August?

I'm impressed with the speed of TAC's shipping. I was shocked to find out they don't have online ordering. Do you think orders will come even faster when AngelNet goes live?

Thanks for the info, ladies!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 07:28 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

They will have it up and running very soon. The hold up since Seminar was that they were waiting for final approval from the companies that would be doing the credit card process and a couple of other reasons. They are anxious to get this up and running and I believe it will be coming very soon as they are releasing the applications for the program by tomorrow.

The orders may go out quicker with the online ordering. There will no longer be a need for the office to do the processing of those orders. But they will still be processing orders for those that are not online or prefer not to use AngelNet. So the actual shipping times may not change that much...but TAC does ship lightening fast most times of the year. Promotions and such may slow them down a bit but not a whole lot.

I had never thought of the ordering to be bothersome because I was doing my ordering with MS Excel and I could either fax it in or I could email it in. Really - not much different than keying yourself in my opinion. I didn't have a fax machine but many computers come equipped with a fax program so you are able to fax from programs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 04:20 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

How does TAC deal with credit card payments? Is it similar to SU where the demo has to pay to enroll monthly(like a service)?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 04:24 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

TAC just realeased thier websites for angels. you have a shopping cart with online ordering. you don't pay for the credit card transactions separate. you just pay for the set-up of the website plus the monthly fee. when you sign up, you have the option of paying for 6 months or a year in advance.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 04:46 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Hey Loretta, I'm up the road from you in Springfield! :smile:

AngelNet (different than ECommerce) also allows demos to place orders with credit cards...and there you only have to pay a small activation fee...less than $5. It seems like a great deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 05:22 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile TAC

Okay I am getting ready to get my wings!!! What is the charge for the website? I hadn't read anything about that yet? The incentives are much better that I anticpated so any help anyone can give me will be wonderful. I have a really terrific lady that is working with me!!!! But let me know any details that will help Thanks Shawnee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 05:28 AM   #14  
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Shawnee ~ angelnet fees: one time start up fee of $4.95.

- angelEcommerce fees: 6 months subscription $59.95+ a one time start up fee of $24.95 -- 1 year subscription of $99.99+ a one time start of fee of $24.95.

;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 09:00 AM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

For those not familiar with the AngelNet and eCommerce here's a little explanation of them so you know what is different between the two programs:

AngelNet - Cost: A one time 4.95 fee and after it is set up you have this program FREE.
This is strictly for the demonstrator's use. You can place workshop, cusotomer direct and supply orders through here. (including the ability to use multiple CC for orders so your customers can now use CC at a workshop and like stated above, you have no charge to you for this service). You can track orders, keep tabs on your montly sales and also track your successline - including their sales and activity levels. You are also able to personalize your eCommerce site if you subscribe to that program also.

eCommerce - Cost - $24.95 set up fee, $59.95/6 months or $99.95/1 year.
This is your shopping cart site. Your customers will have access to the online catalogue and can shop direct from the site. You do not have to handle any of the updates as TAC will be doing all site maintenance for you. You simply have to personlize the site to include your contact info and other info you'd like to share in the 'my story' section. Your customers can access the site and order anytime.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Wow is all I have to say here. TAC seems like a wonderful company!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doodlepie99
Wow is all I have to say here. TAC seems like a wonderful company!
TAC is a wonderful company and they have grown so much since I joined. They keep making more and more improvements for their demos and customers. Exciting seeing what they will have in store for us next.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 02:05 PM   #18  
Glitter Guru

Wow, thanks for the info, Jana! I thought that you had to sign up for ecommerce in order to accept credit cards! That's awesome that we can do it on angelnet! I sent in my app over the w/e, still waiting to hear.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 04:06 PM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

Default TAC too good to be true? not so

Hi, I have heard here and there in the past and this is what my little ears picked up. First if you are not stamping anymore. People sometimes do change hobbies or pick up new ones leaving little room for others. If you really love stamping though, why not REALLY love it while you can.

Second, is if they are not feeling supported with another angel or angels in a team. This is touchy, as there are many angels that are supported if they ask for help. You really have to speak up and let us know what you need and there are MANY angels out there to help. We want you to grow and build your business or just enjoy being an angel. we are here for you.

And another reason is life changes. It does happen. I have not heard of angels quitting because they just do not enjoy TAC. This might happen but in 5 years I know so many that love TAC and hear VERY little on the other end. Most work things out. TAC is a very easy to work with company, the angels will take you under their wings, and you just cant lose. Try it, get your wings!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #20  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisystamper
I also did not care for the stamps on acrylic blocks....yes they take less space to store, but they are also a pain in the rear to use.

Just my opinion!

Jana

Jana, I don't know when you were a demo, but it sounds like you are talking about when we used Tack It Over and over as glue to stick the stamps to the blocks. That has been out for several years now, and the cushion is sticky already now. It's awesome.

I've been an Angel for 5 years now (WOW!), and although I don't demo I have two customers besides myself and easily keep up my minimum, so even if circumstances change, I can still keep up with my hobby!!

And someone mentioned not feeling supported by other Angels. I hate to say that has happened, but we have yahoo groups to help, and www.ashadeofblue.net is a great place, and has a demo forum.

We welcome you in!!!
Reply With Quote Likes