Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-03-2010, 04:17 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another SU! Question:

With the special on right now, I am thinking about being an SU! Demo, BUT I have not been able to find out what the "requirements" are... I know you are supposed to have $XXX amount of sales in X amount of time. Can anyone give me more info or fill in the xxs for me?

Thanks!

Elizabeth (4/96)
Hannah (9/97)

Andrew (5/00)
Anthony (2/02)

Abigail ( 9/14/06)

"A word spoken in due season, how good it is!" Prov 15:23
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 04:21 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Default su question

you need to sell(buy) $300.00 in product before tax and shipping in a 3 month period. You can sell nothing month 1 and month 2 and place a 300 order in month 3 ...it doesn't matter how you do it, as long as it is all in by the end. If you have any questions , please feel free to pm me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 04:23 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

sent you a pm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 04:26 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

what is the special?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 04:35 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

never mind! I answered my own question.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 04:35 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Jan, the starter kit is $99.

Thank you Colleen and craftsrlb for the information.

Elizabeth (4/96)
Hannah (9/97)

Andrew (5/00)
Anthony (2/02)

Abigail ( 9/14/06)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 05:28 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftsrlbView Post
you need to sell(buy) $300.00 in product before tax and shipping in a 3 month period. You can sell nothing month 1 and month 2 and place a 300 order in month 3 ...it doesn't matter how you do it, as long as it is all in by the end. If you have any questions , please feel free to pm me.
Also, if you are a hobby demo and only buy from yourself you actually only have to spend $240 because you get the 20% discount BUT they count the actual price. Keep in mind though those numbers are all before tax and shipping, they do NOT count towards your requirements. So, being a hobby demo you basically get free tax and shipping the way it works out in the end.

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 06:20 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

This is one of my favorite things about SU. The requirement is so easy. In addition to what's been said above, the first $300 requirement is not due until the first FULL quarter you sign up in. If you sign up in June, it's the end of a quarter, so your first deadline is Sept 30. If you sign up in July, your first deadline is Dec 31.

And there's a one-month opportunity to "fix it" if you are having any issues getting that $300. Let's say you sign up in June and your deadline is Sept 30 but on Sept 30 you have $250 in sales, making you short $50. Well then in October if you sell that additional $50 plus $100 (towards that new quarter that you're in) then you stay active. If you don't, you drop Nov. 1. That's a LONG time to sell $300.

If you decide it's not for you, you just "drop" and there is zero consequence. You keep everything in your kit.

I get asked so many questions about signing up and the $ requirement seems to be the top one or "what happens if I don't sell $300?..." The other question I get is "can I just buy for myself?" Absolutely. or "Can I share my discount with my best friend and we're just going to keep it active?" Yup.

About the $99 Starter Kit... there are 4 Sneak Peek items in it. If you sign up in June, you get the current catalogs then in July you get a case of new catalogs (value $30) so this $99 kit has an added bonus with that extra free box that only happens once per year.

Good luck with your decision! This is an awesome time to join!

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 07:20 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

does only the mini-kit have the sneak peek items? what about the full size kit?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ds2003View Post
does only the mini-kit have the sneak peek items? what about the full size kit?
The mini kit is new and just released so its timing allows for including Sneak Peek items (the form is on my website in a post - link below and see for yourself what's in it). The "Standard" Starter Kit is the same kit for the year so it doesn't have the opportunity to have anything "sneaky" in it, LOL. The Digital Kit is the same, meaning that it was an established kit that has existed for months. Note, though, that all kits are customizable but you can't add into a kit something that is not available yet (in the future catalog). You can, however, swap for Summer mini items as long as it's like item for like item (stamp set for stamp set or card stock for card stock). I hope that doesn't muddy my explanation.

Mini kit is the only one that could have Sneak Peek items as it's a special just for the month. I hope I'm making sense.

There's every possibility that the Standard kit changes July 1 but we won't know that till then. If so, (it usually does) then it'll have new product in it.

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

If you sign up with the regular kit, you will still have time this month to pre-order the sneak peek items. If your order is anything like my sneek peak order, you will enjoy that 30% off your first order over $150. Your demo number should go active right away, so you can do the pre-order before you even receive your demo kit. Clear as mud?
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

thanks to all. i'm expecting the kit to be updated next month just wasnt' sure if they were updating it a month early...the $99 deal sounds awesome. I would never demo though..i'd only sign up for the kit if i did it, but have no plans to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ds2003View Post
thanks to all. i'm expecting the kit to be updated next month just wasnt' sure if they were updating it a month early...the $99 deal sounds awesome. I would never demo though..i'd only sign up for the kit if i did it, but have no plans to.
What I emphasize with my new recruits is that you have LONG time to decide if you want to do it and the kit is a great value so why not? Specifically, you sign up in June, you have until Sept 30 to sell your first $300 (which if you're buying it is actually $240 OR if you place your first order within the first 45 days, like mentioned above, your out of pocket on a $300 order is actually only $210 + tax/ship thanks to SU's special extra discount for someone new).

Let's say you get the kit, you do get in an order with this new catalog of $300 gross ($210 net) then you have completed the amount for the first quarter (Sept 30) and the next $300 is not due til Dec 31. That is a long, long time to figure it out and decide.

The beauty of any of this is that you can buy the kit, change your mind the next day and there's no consequence. I love being able to market to my customers that the risk is zero and you get more for your buck with the kit than you can get any other way.

Good luck when you're ready. Expect the Standard Kit to update end of June or by July 1.

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2010, 03:35 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

So, would it be better to wait until July 1st and just do the NEW catalog, new kit or would this be the best deal right now?

Elizabeth (4/96)
Hannah (9/97)

Andrew (5/00)
Anthony (2/02)

Abigail ( 9/14/06)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

As far as $$ to invest the $99 is the best you will see. The kit price will go back to the standard price on July 1st. Only you can decide. There are always pros and cons to any situation. Higher price = more stuff. Lower price = less investment to start. You can use your first order to get all the "other" stuff at a larger discount on July 1st.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 06:20 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Just wanted to say a couple of things here. The special this month is certainly a good price...$99 for your demo kit. Keep in mind that it is a mini kit and that you will get all the same business items but a very short list of actaul stamping things. I am recommending this kit only for my customers who have been stamping for a while and have some current supplies.

Secondly, if you sign up now, with the $99 kit, you will have your first committment ($300 in sales) by Sept 30. If you buy the full kit in July, your first full committment will not be until December 31. SU always lets you have a full quarter as your first committment. If you sign up after July 1, your first full quarter is the next quarter.

I think you should consider these things also in your decision on whether to sign up now.
I personally used the extra time when I signed up to book parties and even a workshop at my home...since the scariest thing for me (nine years ago) was whether I would ever get bookings!!!

Good luck on your decision. I have never regretted becoming a demo and love it and love being part of the SU family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 07:49 AM   #17  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwnmomView Post
So, would it be better to wait until July 1st and just do the NEW catalog, new kit or would this be the best deal right now?
I think you can go either way. I, personally, don't think signing up in June is huge over July as it depends on what you can do now vs. later. But if I HAD to choose........

One thing we can do in June is buy two hostess sets (one Level-2 and one Level-3). In July, that offer is not available. I love having that option.

Everyone has different timing issues or priorities that mean something to them that might not mean much to someone else. If I had to choose, I'd sign up in June for these reasons:

1. Kit is $100 less than usual and every kit has enough to do a demonstration with.
  2. I can preorder 2 hostess sets in June but not in July
  3. I get 1 case of today's catalog now then 1 case of the new catalog in July. How that translates to me is double income off something (selling 16 catalogs rather than 8 ) OR exposing double the customers to SU by giving them away free. Regardless it's a resource to have today to quickly get going and then a follow up with a free case of the new. That won't happen if you sign up in July. $30 worth of catalogs is an added perk to me
Yes, the deadline to sell $300 is Sept 30 if you sign up in June but Dec 31 if you sign up in July but that being an issue is only something you can know. With a new catalog, and a new recruit getting 30% off her first order of $150+, it's really not that hard to sell $300. And, remember, if you were to get an order together within 45 days to get that extra new recruit discount and you got to $300, that's actually $210 plus tax and ship if you are buying it, not $300.

Anyway, everyone makes good points. You will not go wrong either way.

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

WOW!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2010, 03:45 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

SO next question as God forbid I can't sleep.

Who should you choose to sign up with? I have 3 gals that I stamp with,one is just a buddy that lives close by and does it on the side.
One is VERY BUSINESS oriemted.
One I have stamped with for years,LOVE her style, and she has good business sence.

I know I will need some help to get things together, want to do card classes in my home, not thinking I will do more then hobby status but would like the benifit of getting more for my $$$$ spent. In the reading I have done I see the person you sign up with is important.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2010, 05:14 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbiejoView Post
SO next question as God forbid I can't sleep.

Who should you choose to sign up with? I have 3 gals that I stamp with,one is just a buddy that lives close by and does it on the side.
One is VERY BUSINESS oriemted.
One I have stamped with for years,LOVE her style, and she has good business sence.

I know I will need some help to get things together, want to do card classes in my home, not thinking I will do more then hobby status but would like the benifit of getting more for my $$$$ spent. In the reading I have done I see the person you sign up with is important.
This is a really important question. Even if you think you are just signing up to get the discount, really do some soul searching and research on this. I thought I was going to sign up for a year and have been doing this for almost 12 years!

The things that I would really look at are .......

longevity--this is a tough one, because you never know what issues will arise for someone, but I have seen many people sign up and then their upline drops one or two years later. I haven't had an upline for about 10 years and my next closest uplines are states away. However, the lady I signed up under has remained in touch with me and still offered me support and stamping help after she was no longer a demo.

Personal compatibility- is this person someone who you can get along with for years to come. Someone you want to do business with. Someone you want to stamp with and travel with.

Business minded--This is usually a clue that someone will be more apt to stay active longer. Having said that, really make sure you know what a person's business motives are before you sign up with them. I can't tell you how many demo's I have seen sign up because they were "talked" into it, only to find out later that what they got was all talk. Do some research, ask some hard questions, take time to see the person in action and talk to a few people in their downline if possible. I had a downline lose a recruit to someone who just went along with a friend to a stamp camp. This person pressured her hard and never mentioned that she was moving to another state in two weeks. This recruit never got any support from this woman. Don't be afraid to ask some hard questions and even attend an event or two before you sign to see if there may be a good fit.

Long distance-- A long distance upline can be just as supportive and in some cases more supportive than the local demo so don't rule that out, but having that local support of someone to stamp with and hold events with may be something that is important to you. Think that part through.

Make sure you are finding a good fit for you, when you sign up! You are with your upline till you drop your demonstratorship. It is one of the biggest decisions you will make.

Good luck and hope you take the plunge! As I said, I had no plans to stay in for more than a year or so and I have loved every minute of the 11+ years I have been a demonstrator!

Belinda

ETA: If you are looking for a local demonstrator and want to see all of your options, go to the Stampin' Up! website and use the demonstrator locator, you should have many options there.

Last edited by nbtbby; 06-07-2010 at 05:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the great info,do you know the value of the stamp sets offered in the starter set? They are not listed on the start up flier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Thanks for the great info,do you know the value of the stamp sets offered in the starter set? They are not listed on the start up flier.

Stamp sets included in the starter kit:

Fun & Fast Notes (p. 56) or your choice up to $33.95
On a Pedestal (p.71) or your choice up to $19.95
Eastern Blooms (p. 10 or your choice up to $21.95
Elegant Thank-You (p. 144) or your choice up to $8.95
Teeny Tiny Wishes (p. 145) or your choice up to $36.95

Last edited by craftdoc; 06-08-2010 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: removed promotional link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2010, 05:21 AM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

I was wondering about the mini starter set or are these part of that too???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2010, 05:28 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

I was wondering about the mini starter set or are these part of that too???
I don't have my catty handy but this is from the flyer....

Stamp sets (3 sets: Watercolor Trio (wood-mount), I {Heart} Hearts (clear-mount), and Homemade*, OR 3 sets of your choice at the same or lower price)

If no one else responds I'll try to come back after work tonight. The homemade stamp is like 8.95 or so, it's a single stamp (it's from the sneak peek, a new item in the new catty). HTH!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member

Last edited by Minders; 06-08-2010 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: added info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2010, 05:47 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
I don't have my catty handy but this is from the flyer....

Stamp sets (3 sets: Watercolor Trio (wood-mount), I {Heart} Hearts (clear-mount), and Homemade*, OR 3 sets of your choice at the same or lower price)

If no one else responds I'll try to come back after work tonight. The homemade stamp is like 8.95 or so, it's a single stamp (it's from the sneak peek, a new item in the new catty). HTH!

Thanks a bunch!!! I know I can exchange things and wanted to know what else would be better to have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2010, 07:08 AM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Item Description Price
117050 Watercolor Trio stamp set (wood-mount) $22.95
118571 I {Heart} Hearts stamp set (clear-mount $18.95
118486 Clear-Mount Block C $6.95
116978 Homemade single stamp* $8.95
100730 Whisper White card stock (8-1/2" x 11") $8.50
119706 Brights Collection assorted card stock (8-1/2" x 11")* $6.95
115656 Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad $5.95
119667 Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin' Pad* $5.95
115658 Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Pad $5.95
100814 Tempting Turquoise Classic Stampin' Pad $5.95
119261 Basic Black 1/8" taffeta ribbon* $6.95
121620 Color Coach* $14.95
104332 SNAIL Adhesive $6.95
Retail value of products in kit $124.90
* are sneek peak items
Plus all the business supplies.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you so much!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #28  
Rubber Obsessor

Me too (on the Thanks!) you made it short, quick and easily printable to compare with my wishlist hehe. TY!
Reply With Quote Likes