Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-24-2008, 06:58 PM   #81  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillstampinView Post
I feel your pain about M's employees and about the lack of product training for the sales associates. I asked an M's employee where I could find the tacky tape. She look at me as if I was speaking a foreign language and answered - "I have never heard of tacky tape - the only tape I know is duct tape"!! Give me strength!! With all these businesses closing these days, it is a wonder M's stays open. We have just had a Joann's open a mile away from M's so go there far more. At least they have a great variety of Cuttlebug embossing folders as well as Papershaper punches ( SU's supplier).
There are about 50 thousand different products sold in the store....you can't expect the part time (and probably just hired for the season) cashier to know em all
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #82  
Kookie Creator

Really, that first cashier didn't tell me that.

Oh, well I didn't really need the other things anyway. But the things that I did buy I had been looking at to buy the next time that Micheal's had a good 50% off sale.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 09:16 AM   #83  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, I didn't realize that Michaels no longer allow coupons towards magazines. I second the fact that they need to change up their rubber stamp selection. They've added a few new Stampendous & Hero arts stamps but they've been carrying the same tired old images for years. They either have a million in stock or they just keep ordering the same stamps. they need to hire buyers who really know the catagory, what's new, what's in, etc. Anyway, that's my Michaels peev. I've sent them an email a while back but never got a reply. I'll be popping into my local Joann's more often, especially for my magazine (coupon) purchases! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #84  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsme2View Post
There are about 50 thousand different products sold in the store....you can't expect the part time (and probably just hired for the season) cashier to know em all
give me a break! Customer service means if you don't know what it is say, i'm not sure what that is but let me ask someone that does so they can help you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 09:03 PM   #85  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagtopView Post
Well, I got a response from Michael's. They only addressed the magazine/book issue, not any of the other issues (stock, rudeness of employees, multi-coupon.) Obviously they only read part of my letter. Oh well.

New Entry: Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your email concerning the Michaels coupon policy in regards
to the exclusion of books and magazines.

Michaels continues to evaluate their coupon program on a regular basis, as
a result of selling our books and magazines at an everyday low price the
decision was made to exclude these products from the coupon. We apologize
for any inconvenience that has caused.

If you have any other questions concerning the Michaels coupon policy,
please visit Michaels.com and select the Customer Service link located at
the bottom of the home page, or call us at 1-800-642-4235.

Sincerely,

Michaels Customer Care

CCCallID: 01689380
Wow, that's their standard response email. :( No personalization at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 09:47 AM   #86  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by stremView Post
give me a break! Customer service means if you don't know what it is say, i'm not sure what that is but let me ask someone that does so they can help you!
Maybe since "tacky tape" sounds generic...they had no clue what you were talking about. I scrapbook, but I don't use that tape and would not know what you were talking about either.
I think sometimes people come into the stores already angry about things in their personal lives......and take it out on the cashiers.
Pretty sad......
I just look for what I want and save the cashiers time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #87  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsme2View Post
No, but for a craft store employee to be aware ONLY of duct tape is pretty pathetic - that should have been an instance where, even if she didn't know the specific product, instead of blowing off her customer she should have asked more about it. From the name, it's obviously an adhesive, and if she'd just asked what the customer wanted to use it for (floral, scrapbooking, woodworking, etc.), she could have at least pointed her in the right direction. It's not about not knowing every product, it's about not caring enough to even ask one follow-up question.

My little gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 09:58 AM   #88  
Crimping Master

Love the cabinet. I too have lost faith in Michael's. I have had many bad experiences lately and have stopped shopping there. I would think with a company that is based on "play money" hobbies that they would be a little more customer friendly and avoid financial hardship due to loss of customer base. Oh well thier problem not mine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 09:58 AM   #89  
Polyshrink Goddess

The Michael's close to my home said they were pretty much phasing out rubber stamping stuff. At least now I know not to waste my time going there for stamping stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:50 AM   #90  
Stampin' Fool

I just got a M's gift card as a thank you from an organization I'm involved in. I was thrilled, but not as thrilled as I might have been 5 years ago. I have been using my coupons for adhesive (M's) and yarn (J's) and shopping more online and also at Archivers and Hobby Lobby. HL here has an amazing selection of product compared to the other two, and they also issue a coupon in the Sunday paper sometimes. I get Archivers coupons monthly in the mail, and online stuff too. I guess I'll not have to pay for adhesive for quite awhile, but I agree with y'all - both M's and J's have lost their appeal for me.
Weird thing is I don't think they are hurting because of the economy - the parking lots are ALWAYS full!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 11:10 AM   #91  
Matboard Maniac

Not sure if this is appropriate here-BUT since Michael's is soo much the same old-I HAVE to sing praises for Hobby Lobby-!!! THEY have Tim Holtz GrungeBoard....the MM Slice-- NOT to mention Spellbinder's Nesties and dies. ALSO the newer Cuttlebug embosing folders!! I think I even saw Storybook cart for the Cricut!! Oh yes- AND the new blade for the Cricut that cuts chipboad!! Mike's needs to take note!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #92  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry107View Post
Not sure if this is appropriate here-BUT since Michael's is soo much the same old-I HAVE to sing praises for Hobby Lobby-!!! THEY have Tim Holtz GrungeBoard....the MM Slice-- NOT to mention Spellbinder's Nesties and dies. ALSO the newer Cuttlebug embosing folders!! I think I even saw Storybook cart for the Cricut!! Oh yes- AND the new blade for the Cricut that cuts chipboad!! Mike's needs to take note!
I'm dying for a Hobby Lobby and/or an Archiver's in my next of the woods. The best I can do is a 350 mile drive for the closest location of either of those stores. Given the economy, I highly doubt they'll be opeing new stores near my any time soon.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #93  
Insane Embellisher

I'm really NOT a Michael's fan either. Their products, as a card maker, just don't excite me all that much any more. For instance, I really wanted some newer CB embossing folders. Do you think Michael's had them???? Of course not, in fact their selection was absolutely pitiful!!!! Even as stamps go, nothing they have is exciting or different, in my opinion.
Oh...I'd absolutely LOVE it if there was a Hobby Lobby near me!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #94  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClownmomView Post
In fact, I was in one the other day and they took two Michaels coupons (one from the paper and one on a receipt from the previous week) and one Joann coupon. One of the clerks told me several months ago that their policy is to accept more than one, so long as they are different coupons
Here in So. Cal. the Mike's I go to will use any number of coupons at once, but they must all be different. For example, last week I used one 40% off one item, one 20% off total order, and one 20% off any sale item. I used them all at one time. Since the coupons were all different, that was fine. I could NOT have used two 40% off one item coupons. They also will take a competitor's coupon if it's the same as the weekly Mike's coupon - for example I had a Joann's 40% off one item and since the Mike's was the same type, they took the J's. This is NEW to my store in the last few months. As well as putting a coupon on my receipt each time I shop.
Reply With Quote Likes