Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-20-2017, 10:52 PM   #41  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftjunkiescView Post
What I'd like to know is why they continue to flood my feed with these ads even after I send them the "I just don't like ads" message on E.V.E.R.Y. ad in my feed. If I'm gonna spend time telling them I don't like something about their product, the least they can do is fix it. Contacting them is near impossible, almost like they're in witness protection program. And when I do, most all solutions are "canned" responses with no real solutions at all.
Makes me wonder if they even pay attention to feedback or if they are just THICKHEADED.
That is my experience too. And contacting them....nah....does absolutely nothing - tried it many times but nothing changes. Ads are now infiltrating my Instagram now too......sigh:rolleyes:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2017, 10:58 PM   #42  
Gallery Gazer

Oh, and another thing: I have tried reporting pins and blocking the Seller's name but it doesn't work despite Pinterest telling me that "I won't be seeing Pins by that Seller" anymore. What's the point?!! Grrr...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2017, 03:22 AM   #43  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoBear2View Post
Oh, and another thing: I have tried reporting pins and blocking the Seller's name but it doesn't work despite Pinterest telling me that "I won't be seeing Pins by that Seller" anymore. What's the point?!! Grrr...
I've done the block, report, this is offensive, but those ads keep coming back. And did ya know that if you block a person/company in a fit of frustration d several months down the road, when you search for a particular card design & want to pin it, you CAN'T because you blocked that person when you DIDN'T want to see everything else on their feed.:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2017, 03:25 AM   #44  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm there just about everyday. Mostly looking for ideas for my new stamp room.And of course other things as well.

One feature I LOVE is the Block a person. Every once in awhile I get some person following me.........that has a X-rated site attached to their profile.
I don't need that person following me.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2017, 08:53 PM   #45  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I've done the block, report, this is offensive, but those ads keep coming back. And did ya know that if you block a person/company in a fit of frustration d several months down the road, when you search for a particular card design & want to pin it, you CAN'T because you blocked that person when you DIDN'T want to see everything else on their feed.:(
I'm only blocking the companies who have the ads on my feed so I don't have to look at skimpy bikinis and skimpy undergarments - not that it's actually working! That's my main gripe: why am I seeing ads for stuff like that when I am just following cards:rolleyes: I wonder if the companies who are paying to advertise realise that they are probably not targeting the right audience in alot of cases and that people would feel negatively about their products as a result.

Save
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 02:10 AM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

JoBear2, you make a very good point.It doesn't seem to me that it is targeted advertising at all.I've yet to see any clothing item on my feed that I would actually buy- they only have to look at my board for My Style to see that. I doubt the companies are gaining much from the cost of advertising- maybe if it doesn't seem to show a return, the darned process will stop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 03:55 AM   #47  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

What they do with advertising these days is uncanny. Yesterday, my DH told me he was ordering something from the MLB site. Something signed by one of her favorite players, Manny Machado. Later in the day, I was checking my email, and MLB and MM ads popped up at the bottom of my screen.
I was on my iPad, which he has never used. He placed the order from his laptop. Somehow, MLB connected us. Facebook? I'm on FB every day. He has a FB, but never ever uses it. It really took me by surprise! How did they connect us?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 04:38 AM   #48  
Gallery Gazer

Somehow everything we look at seems to be connected in some way. I look at stuff on EBay and lo and behold, when I am on Facebook, those items are on the RHS of my screen in an EBay with a question: "Still interested?" Hmmm...... It doesn't really bother me too much but I just wonder how it all happens......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 04:39 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
What they do with advertising these days is uncanny. Yesterday, my DH told me he was ordering something from the MLB site. Something signed by one of her favorite players, Manny Machado. Later in the day, I was checking my email, and MLB and MM ads popped up at the bottom of my screen.
I was on my iPad, which he has never used. He placed the order from his laptop. Somehow, MLB connected us. Facebook? I'm on FB every day. He has a FB, but never ever uses it. It really took me by surprise! How did they connect us?
Good question! I don't have an answer, but a creepy thing to add: Several years ago I signed on to Facebook on my friend's computer to show him something. He owns a body shop and is into restoring cars and all of that stuff. I logged out and shut down the computer, but for MONTHS and MONTHS I was seeing HIS searches in my history on my computer and phone (I was most definitely NOT searching for any of those car parts!). Wha...? I think that the whole cyber-world is waaaay too interconnected and knows waaaaay too much about us.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 06:02 AM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
It's not the computer being used, but the location from the internet provider. So the desktop, the laptops, the iPads, the phones...all the same to the tracking software.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 06:05 AM   #51  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Good question! I don't have an answer, but a creepy thing to add: Several years ago I signed on to Facebook on my friend's computer to show him something. He owns a body shop and is into restoring cars and all of that stuff. I logged out and shut down the computer, but for MONTHS and MONTHS I was seeing HIS searches in my history on my computer and phone (I was most definitely NOT searching for any of those car parts!). Wha...? I think that the whole cyber-world is waaaay too interconnected and knows waaaaay too much about us.
And your Facebook was tracked to his location as well.

I agree that all that tracking has given "them" far too much information about us!
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #52  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post
It's not the computer being used, but the location from the internet provider. So the desktop, the laptops, the iPads, the phones...all the same to the tracking software.
Thank you. I was just out with friends, and one of them came up with this exact explanation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

I ordered a bra from JCPenney over a month ago. When my hubby is on FB he still gets the advertisements of my bra that I ordered;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 02:39 PM   #54  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

We all know I am cave girl so help me out here...so if I use my unit in a friend's house and thereby use their wifi/router thing...I am going to be linked to their IP address forever in some way?

To me that would then include the computers they let you use in cafes, hotels, etc.-any public WIFI as well?

However...given what we just said about IPs...even if I am on my own unit in the hotel, I am on their WIFI router right so....?

So it is my understanding though if I turn off my router, wait and turn it on again (or reboot) it sets to a new IP (from when my cable company is fixing something romote from their office.) Is that correct? Would that be a way to avoid this?

I totally agree. I find it super creepy and/or annoying when some shirt I looked at follows me around on other sites as an ad. They may think it makes me more likely to buy it but actually, it is the reverse. I dont like getting "haunted" or nagged into purchases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 02:41 PM   #55  
Proud Fan Club Member

Could you explain exactly where I am supposed to be finding or rolling over to get the I dont want this ad or whatever? I cant find it. I rolled all over an ad...I clicked on what I thought was an X to close it and instead MORE ads popped up. eek!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2017, 06:36 AM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Since I have been doing this a lot lately, I believe I can help you. On your Pinterest board if you see an ad, scroll to the bottom of the ad where the name of the company is listed. To the right of that name, on the right margin of that ad box, are three light grey dots. They make them as light as possible, because they don't want you to see them. Click on those dots. You will first get a list of choices. I choose "I'm not into this pin". Click on that. Another list appears and I choose "I just don't like ads." Click on that. This hides the ad. I am sure this doesn't get rid of all the ads, but it sure makes me feel better
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2017, 02:15 PM   #57  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarianneLambView Post
Since I have been doing this a lot lately, I believe I can help you. On your Pinterest board if you see an ad, scroll to the bottom of the ad where the name of the company is listed. To the right of that name, on the right margin of that ad box, are three light grey dots. They make them as light as possible, because they don't want you to see them. Click on those dots. You will first get a list of choices. I choose "I'm not into this pin". Click on that. Another list appears and I choose "I just don't like ads." Click on that. This hides the ad. I am sure this doesn't get rid of all the ads, but it sure makes me feel better
And if you are tenacious (have enough time) & continuously click on ALL those ads for a couple of days, the ads disappear for awhile. They will creep back in & you'll have to repeat that process. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2017, 03:30 PM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

And if you are tenacious (have enough time) & continuously click on ALL those ads for a couple of days, the ads disappear for awhile. They will creep back in & you'll have to repeat that process. :(

So ture!! I have started stating ads offend me. Ads have slowed down a bit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2017, 09:19 PM   #59  
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow! I must have scrolled over those dots a ton of times!! Thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2017, 06:16 AM   #60  
Rubber Obsessor

LOL, I don't even know what daily feed is on Pinterest. What is it? LOL How do I know if I have it so that I make sure to never get it? LOL

Quote:

The ads are frustrating me too. I also see a TON of what LOOKS like a regular pin, but in actuality are trying to draw me in to follow stuff that doesn't interest me at all. Or to join group boards. Two weeks ago the amount of "stuff" in my feed went about ten times larger...abruptly.

I would quit pinterest like Lydia, but there's too much on my boards. Maybe I should just quit daily feed and just use my boards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2017, 08:00 AM   #61  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftwiseView Post
LOL, I don't even know what daily feed is on Pinterest. What is it? LOL How do I know if I have it so that I make sure to never get it? LOL

I have the app on my iPad, but I think it's pretty much the same on your computer.
If you just click on Pinterest, you are on the Daily Feed. Other options are clicking on the body, which only gives you your boards; clicking on the magnifying glass, which lets you do a search; and another which I forget right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2017, 04:22 AM   #62  
Gallery Gazer

Smile

One thing that actually made me laugh the other day was a notification on my phone that said: "Jocelyn, you have a pin twin" - so I clicked on it which took me to Pinterest - only to find that my pin twin was actually myself! Guess Pinterest has to employ a new person to use algorithms to their best effect......:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2017, 08:15 AM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

OMG! I know I will jinx myself if I post this( fingers crossed). After sending email to Pinterest stating there was a lot of negativity on the internet about unwanted adds on their site, I have not had any in the last three days! Such a nice relief, I hope it continues. Lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2017, 11:37 AM   #64  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'll probably jinx myself too, but I made another complaint to them on Friday about having so many posts from a group board that I don't follow and never have (seriously, every other pin in my feed was from "recipes for busy moms")...and guess what? I saw absolutely no pins from them yesterday.

I'm still hiding ads and telling them that they aren't relevant/are objectionable. Hopefully I'll get a break for a while.
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2017, 07:56 AM   #65  
Insane Embellisher

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I haven't used Pinterest for that long and thought those ads were part of the deal to be able to see things and save things in my own account. Thanks so much for the heads up......I spent 20 minutes yesterday happily clicking on those three gray dots! Will make it a point to do it whenever I'm on that site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2017, 05:01 AM   #66  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That does seem to help. For a few days now I have gotten maybe one or two ads in my feed. Of course I have sent several complaints to them as well.

Now to figure out how to get them to stop sending feed from boards I don't follow...
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2017, 01:55 PM   #67  
Glitter Queen

It does help to click "I'm not interested", etc. but it doesn't get rid of them completely. I changed my settings too and that helps some. I don't think there is a way to get rid of the sponsored ads. Very annoying IMO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2017, 06:36 AM   #68  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Update

After hiding (clicking on the little grey dots, and then clicking one of the choices like, I don't like ads, etc.) all the annoying ads for about 2 weeks, I opened up my Pinterest page this morning and voila! no ads. That doesn't mean that they are totally gone, but as of this a.m. I didn't have any annoying ads! It's too bad that we have to jump through those hoops to get rid of them, but on the other hand, it is a free site, and they have to make $$ somewhere. Some of you suggested that putting ads on the top of the page and on the side, as well, would be acceptable. That would satisfy me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2019, 02:40 AM   #69  
Cardstock Collector

Default Pintrest Ads

Pinterest has many great opportunities for marketers to flourish! As a newbie, I was finding it difficult to post my ads on Pinterest. But, after I came across an article on Pinterest Ads I was benefitted significantly! I hope it will be of some use to you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2019, 06:43 AM   #70  
Insane Embellisher

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Ummmm.........somebody should have actually read the thread maybe?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2019, 06:45 AM   #71  
Kookie Creator

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

Another thing that I have noticed is that they are repeating pins made by folks in my feed. For example, my daughter pinned a particular pin ... only one pin on the board. But I have seen it 4 or 5 times in the last few weeks in my feed.

I have noticed this with several people I follow, but obviously I don't check everything.

I get pins that I pinned 2 years ago showing lately.. Why???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2019, 07:46 AM   #72  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Annoying ads on Pinterest

HELLOOOOO what about the ads on this very thread?????? I clicked on this thread and every four posts is interrupted with an add!
This just started recently and is as annoying as Pinterest.
What is going on...is it a matter of the site owners getting money for showing their adds.
Hopefully the admins here can address this,as they are usually good about explaining these things.
It’s just another thing to put someone off going to a site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #73  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I hope the admins can help you with settings. I get NO ADS within a forum feed.
I'm seeing an ad at the top of this page right now from Target "Ready to potty...Get started with the essentials for potty training success." I can' imagine why, I'm 72 and have been potty trained for Many Years!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2019, 01:23 PM   #74  
Pearl-ExPert

Oookaay.. so in the morning I-get all these adds......this afternoon to see if any response to my post this morning......no adds. I will watch tomorrow and make note of what the ads are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2019, 02:10 PM   #75  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 661 Likes on 415 Posts

there is a spot at the bottom of all the forums where you can report site issues. ( you may want to scroll down there and see if anyone else is having the same issue of ad's within the thread posts.) I think you should only be seeing a banner ad at the top of the screen and one to the left under the links that navigate around the site.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2019, 03:01 PM   #76  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 649 Likes on 368 Posts

Hmmm... I don't see any ads on Pinterest...just the thing on the side when I open a board that says IDEAS YOU MIGHT LOVE. And, at the bottom of boards something that says FIND SOME IDEAS FOR THIS BOARD. No side ads popping up. Good luck getting rid of them if you do.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2019, 11:39 PM   #77  
Crimping Master

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockybetaView Post
Ummmm.........somebody should have actually read the thread maybe?
That's a spam comment from a fake account. Not sure how to report to admins!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2019, 01:26 AM   #78  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

PikkuLilla, I've reported it. In the side box with our names in, you'll see a little box with 'on' and a star? Click on the star, and it will take you to a 'Report' box.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2019, 02:05 AM   #79  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Do the reports get read by anyone? Reported it right after being posted and still up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2019, 06:02 AM   #80  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Pinterest went crazy for me a few weeks ago. They suddenly started showing 5 times as many ads as "normal" and probably 5 times as many "recommended" videos. The recommended videos were very random and off the charts weird, not anything I ever have or ever would watch. Then suddenly after about a week and a half Pinterest went back to normal.
Reply With Quote Likes