Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-26-2006, 05:00 AM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I the only one ...

Who didn't have the opportunity to make holiday cards this year, and is going to send HAPPY NEW YEAR cards instead?

I feel so guilty, but I am a first year teacher, and there never seemed to be any free time until the kids started vacation...

Guiltily,

CMC
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 05:01 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Heck no! I didn't make cards either....I am planning on ordering a nice winter set though and making winter cards for people!
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 05:02 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I made cards and got sick so I did not get them out before Christmas....I am still going to mail them tho.....It's the thought that counts right??? or so I hope !

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 05:04 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

There were years that I did not send cards. Now, I'm retired, and have more time. I think it's admirable that you are going to send Happy New Year cards. They won't be lost in the shuffle, and it's a great idea. Many of my stamping friends just aren't sending cards this years, they are understandably busy with jobs and family. Happy New Year to you. Eileen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 05:06 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I made Christmas cards and sent them out. Now I am going to make New Year cards and send them to the people I missed on my Christmas card list. I don't know how I missed them, but I did and now I feel bad. So, now I will try to make amends.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 05:30 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

My work day/pick up my daughter from cosmotology class totals 12 - 13 hours a day. I made a couple of proto types, intended to use a bunch of $1 stamps and two new su sets. My intentions were good, but just not enoungh time for me right now:( I see some thank you card for gifts in the making though, I have the entire week off for the holidays! I'm gonna get a huge head start for next christmas - maybe start in July
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 05:35 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

No.... I didn't have time...the baby came a week ago today and I was too busy getting all the shopping and wrapping done while DH was TDY to even THINK about doing up Christmas Cards and getting them in the mail...but now I will do just a happy new year type of card that is going to be done like the photo cards...so everyone can see my sweet new baby GIRL!!! WOOHOO!!! I posted the pics on my blog and now I have to decide which pic to use! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 06:19 AM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey--I've been a first year teacher myself, and there is nothing in the world quite like it. You are hereby commanded to be free of guilt for ANYTHING that doesn't occur for the rest of the year!!!! Give yourself one big break! Next year will be tons easier (in fact even if you switch schools, switch curriculum or switch subjects, it will never again be quite as hard as it was that first year). So take heart--you're halfway through!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 06:50 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

First year in any new job is difficult-learning new people and how everything works. So chill out and relax this week and enjoy making winter cards. The people receiving them will have more time to enjoy them now that the holiday rush is over. And enjoy the rest of your first year-I've been teaching 35 years and still can't get everything accomplished :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 07:59 AM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

Thank you all so much for the commeraderie and support! You are wonderful people!

About the only thing I enjoy as much as stamping IS teaching math!!

I am a military spouse, so chances are, there will be several years where I am new to a school, grade level, etc. This year was especially challenging because I was hired THE DAY school began, as a brand new teacher, I felt like I have been behind the power curve all year, constantly trying to play catch up, because I didn't have my room set up like the other teachers, hadn't had years to collect theme posters for the walls, etc. I am looking forward to nest year even more.

Thanks again everyone - I hope you all have a WONDERFUL 2007 (and beyond) !!

~ CMC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 08:05 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

I made cards and mailed them, but after doing that for years and years and years, and never hearing anything from anybody about my cards, I've decided that next year I'm buying them. Addressing Christmas cards, as well as writing a note in each one, is a lot of work. Add to that the time and work to design and make them all first, and you have at least tripled your work. I've decided it's not worth it. Because I don't think anybody appreciates the fact that they are hand made. So I'm just going to buy them next year, and stick to making really special cards for birthdays and special occasions.

Kerry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 08:24 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

No Christmas or Chanukah cards this year. I'm already thinking of Valentine's Day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 09:18 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

My dh ds and I just returned from a couple of weeks in Hawaii and I wasn't able to send out a single card. Now, I think I am going to have to come up with a special occasion to send them all out a month late. I work full time, blah blah blah-- you know- the world just got too busy and I didn't want to stress.

I am actually feeling really guilty, but I am at work right now as opposed to most of the people in the office, so I guess I should just give myself a break.

Don't you all think we need to give ourselves a break from the guilt once in a while?

Merry Christmas to all!!!! (shhhhh--- I have to go back to work)

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/wynona
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

1. Get yourself a stamp like mine that says, "Officially Late." Works for all occasions, trust me.

2. Invest in "Belated Birthday" greetings. You'll find that's all you ever need. Again, trust me on this.

3. always have a stash of cute pictures on hand. That way you can stick on in and say "oh, I would have been on time but I had to wait for the pictures to come back!" This may not work for more than a few years with any one person, but it's enough to get you by until you have time to build up a list of reasons to use...

4. Don't stress...people like to know you're thinking of them, whatever time of year! Don't worry about any one particular date.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 09:23 AM   #15  
Hot Mess

I made holiday cards but they won't be mailed till this week. The accident on the 15th really put me behind!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 09:24 AM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

new years cards for me all the way. and :gasp:, i don't stamp them! i send those annoying picture cards to show off my girls. i started this the year my twins were born, and for some reason, i just didn't have quite the time to get christmas cards out ;) that year it was valentine's cards. since then i've kinda got my act together and send out new years cards. i figure (justify!) it stretches out the season and my little greeting won't get lost in the mail with all the others.....

It's not fair. Life was never this hard for Barbie & Ken
-
unknown

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 10:05 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yep - in the same boat with the New Year's Cards!

Hey - were do I get an "Officially Late" stamp? I totally need one of those!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 12:07 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

You are definitely not alone. About half of my cards got mailed on time, the other half was mailed this weekend. My husband, who took the cards to the Post office called me and said both the outside box and the inside drop were STUFFED with cards. He didn't want to put ours in since other cards were up to the top. I sent him to another nearby postal substation and that box was not as full.

Anyway before mailing I had changed where I normally write "We hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year" to "We hope you had a Merry Christmas and will have a Very Happy New Year". I wanted to get everything out earlier but sometimes there is just not enough time to do everything!

Maria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 12:13 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

ME, TOO!!! I thought I was the only one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 01:33 PM   #20  
Mad Swapper

I started in August with my demo. We made 12 month for 4 months and GC holders and tags in December so I did get mine out.
I am a teacher and it does get easier. I didn't even think about taking up a hobby until I was several years in when I began scrapping and them stamping. I hope you got good gifts from your students!!

Jeanette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2006, 03:02 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

well, I started cutting c/s and had my card design done in early November and STILL didn't manage to get the cards finished and sent. On Dec 21st I finally caved and ordered photo greeting cards online from Sam's Club (at least we did have a current photo from Thanksgiving!) and zipped off a "family gram" letter and got it copied on the 22nd only to discover several typos (well, my husband found them) and even though I had planned to wheel the Swirling Star design on the letters and the outside of the envy in Bashful Blue (used pale blue color paper from the copy shop for the letter), it still hasn't happened and I could totally have finished it yesterday or even today if I had a lick of motivation! But I will get them out....too bad the photo cards won't keep for next year as I think I ordered way more than we needed. ;-) Of course, for me it's ok because my maiden name was DeLay (yes, I am serious and no, I am not kidding) so my friends know me pretty well and if it bothers them then they can tell me and I'll take 'em off my list for next year! lol!) Jan
Reply With Quote Likes