Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-18-2005, 03:51 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alphabet stamps help please!!!

Hi.

I am looking for alphabet stamps that you can put together to spell words or phrases. I thought I saw some tiny ones at Micha*ls, but I'm not sure...they might have been magnetic by Making Memories???

Anyone familiar with these or something like this???

I need something easier than stamping individual letters to form words...if that makes any sense...

Thanks for your help...this site is great...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 04:15 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Default everyday flexible phrases

hi, everyday flexible phrases is in Stampinup catalog page 195 a set of 56 words for 39.95 someone is this website posted a list of all the things you can say- I paln on buying it! dj my private e-mail is [email protected] I can send itr to you- or you can just type in everyday flexible phrases to find the thread. d
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 04:37 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

I'm an SU! demo, so it pains me to say this, but I did see a set like you're talking about at Michael's. I don't remember what it cost, but it was nice, and you could definitely make words or short phrases with it. As I recall, it looked kind of like old typewriter type.

Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 04:55 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There's also one on the market that functions like the office style date stampers--the ones where you roll the letters/numbers into place? And, has a big handle? I can't remember the name, tho . . . several companies have come out with them--and one has even created one that stamps "vertically". They are kinda spendy, tho? $30+ I think for each one. They have some with alphas that can make words up to so many spaces, and others with pre-fab words, and you just roll to find the expression you want.

Inkables???? They are advertised in many of the scrapbooking magazines. . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2005, 07:39 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 7 Gypsies or Rusty Pickle

I think either 7 Gypsies or Rusty Pickle has just introduced a new line of either phrase or letter stamps like Her Royal Rubberness (**LOVE** that moniker, BTW) is talking about. If I'm not mistaken, they were just introduced this past HIA trade show...not too many stores have them yet. Try this vendor, I'm pretty sure she has *lots* in these two lines:

http://www.franticstamper.com/

Also, as someone suggested earlier, try the Making Memories line of magnetic stamps. However, be prepared...they do *shift* when you stamp. I won a set of these...glad I didn't spend my own $$$ on them. I'm a pretty seasoned stamper and scrapper to have this kind of thing happen. Lucky for me - I *DO* the scrappy chic thing...so I can make it work... ~ K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2005, 07:56 AM   #6  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

The 7 gypsies (roll type date type stamps) are tricky to use, just so you know.......the images are not cut very high and it's tricky to get a good impression for fear it will grab a the rest of the rubber and get a shadow stamp, or not push down hard enough, (it's hard to get the feel of these, at least for me) and omit part of the word. I bought one out of curiosity, don't use it all that often, and have to be very careful when inking, and generally do it now with a marker, not the pad. For me, words are generally the last stamp placed, and it's a bummer when it doesn't imprint nicely, and the whole card needs to be redone, or changed somehow.

Just my 2....
Valerie

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2005, 05:19 AM   #7  
Inking Addict

Default I found that too......

that the 7 gypsies "dial a saying" is really hard to get a good impression...I have been practicing with it and just get frustrated...you get shadows if pressing too hard or lose parts of words with a gentle touch.....is there anyone out there that has tried them and it has "worked"? I am not too impressed with it but at the local scrap store it seemed "so cool" and I am such pushover :oops: for buying "stuff" and then I have a drawer full of "not so cool stuff and why did I buy this?" Unless I am totally clueless(very well may be :lol: ) these dial a thingies don't work so great. Good idea tho.... but I am definately going to try the markers instead of the inkpads....great tip,thank you 11Valerie11 !!!!!!!!! Michaelann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2005, 05:52 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Re: I found that too......

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelann
that the 7 gypsies "dial a saying" is really hard to get a good impression...I have been practicing with it and just get frustrated...you get shadows if pressing too hard or lose parts of words with a gentle touch.....is there anyone out there that has tried them and it has "worked"? I am not too impressed with it but at the local scrap store it seemed "so cool" and I am such pushover :oops: for buying "stuff" and then I have a drawer full of "not so cool stuff and why did I buy this?" Unless I am totally clueless(very well may be :lol: ) these dial a thingies don't work so great. Good idea tho.... but I am definately going to try the markers instead of the inkpads....great tip,thank you 11Valerie11 !!!!!!!!! Michaelann

I find myself being very gentle when I use my 7 Gypsy stamp. Instead of pushing down to ink, I glide the stamp over the ink pad and don't apply pressure. And I look at it first before I stamp to make sure I don't have ink on the edge, if there is ink on the edge, I wipe it off with a piece of tissue. They are very shallow and don't take much pressure.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:17 PM   #9  
Inking Addict

Default Thank you!!!

I tried swipping it and that worked much better and the marker worked better too! Thanks you guys!!! Michaelann
Reply With Quote Likes