Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-19-2008, 11:35 AM   #41  
Linking Queen

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariLynnView Post
Hi!!!:cool:

I haven't joined WRAK, because of the *good cardstock* part. I have a very limited crafting budget and I'm afraid that the cardstock that I have isn't considered good. Is there any one out there who would like to swap images on *decent cardstock*?
When you join you get 3 free wishes ... make 1 or 2 of them for white cardstock and use them to grant wishes (which earn you bonus wishes).

One of the "good" cardstocks on the WRAK list is Georgia Pacific 110# white cardstock. It is usually available at Walmart and 150 sheets cost about $6 so it is an affordable choice.

Off to find diane617's photo of snowcountry311's craft area ... BBL!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 11:40 AM   #42  
Linking Queen

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
tina could you put a link here of TOD's diane615 gallery
she has photos of my room
please and thank you

Here is the link (and you're welcome :-D):

Gayla's Stamping Heaven by diane617 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #43  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to buy Tractor Time -- and color the tractors orange. But my DH wouldn't let me buy this set because it is a JD. We are an Agco dealership -- and nope, no green allowed here. LOL

So I bought Times and Seasons with the old tractor and colored it orange. He was okay with that. I have this card in my gallery. Check it out if you would like.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am sorry I dont have the tractor set...I joined the WRAK group about a month ago...I am so enjoying sending images as well as the happy mail I am getting...it is something you easily get hooked on....A great way not to have to buy every set in existance...
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

Received 214 Likes on 179 Posts

Hobby Lobby carried JD little wooden tractors. If interested in one pm me your address and I will send you one.

Wish RAK is fun and you can request and grant wish images. As for good quality paper: Stampin Up!, PaperTrey, Georgia Pacific - White - 110 weight can be purchased at Walmart and Sam's Club, HammerMill - White - 110 weight HammerMill can be purchased at Staples, Office Max and Office Depot. Close To My Heart.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #46  
Kookie Creator

I too just recently joined the WRAK group after being intimidated by the "rules". They do still provide a mentor which has been a great help if I don't understand something.

As someone mentioned you can use "quality cardstock" as the Georgia Pacific 110lb from Walmart. A few reams for a small investment goes a long way. It really is addicting and so nice to make someone else's day. I don't have a ton of sets like some people but I'm able to find images that people want from some of the sets I do have. I also like to try and send images to people who don't look like they've received any yet.

I love coming home to "Happy Mail" and after I explained the concept to DH (at least 3 times LOL) and explained now I can get some images without spending a fortune for the whole set he thinks it's kind of neat too.

Don't be afraid, take the plunge but be forewarned it is very, very addicting.

My new BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #47  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleflowersView Post
LOL - great minds... Yes, Wish-rak is a bit more complicated than general RAK - just take it slow to begin with. Like RAK - it's all up to you how much you do. You'll be hooked in no time. When I joined they assigned me a "mentor" to help me through the process (I think they still do that but I don't know for sure). Almost everyone has questions to begin with, but wrak members are all willing to help newbies.
Yes, all new members are assigned a Mentor (and the reason I know is that I am one of the WishRAK Mentors!). I am here to help new members navigate thru all the rules & although they might seem daunting at first ~ they are there to make sure that everyone gets good quality items to work with! If you have any specific questions ~ please feel free to PM me at any time!

Monika
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 02:21 PM   #48  
Die Cut Diva

Check out the vintage tractor rubber stamps and tractor brads here:

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/Categories

�Any time we can�t solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.� ~Tony Blair
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 05:40 PM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariLynnView Post
Hi!!!:cool:

I haven't joined WRAK, because of the *good cardstock* part. I have a very limited crafting budget and I'm afraid that the cardstock that I have isn't considered good. Is there any one out there who would like to swap images on *decent cardstock*?
I'm with you there! I've been using white cardstock that I purchased at Wal-mart....it cuts really well and accepts images beautifully, so I can't complain!! I'll swap with you! Maybe we should start a swap/W-RAK for those on a limited budget!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #50  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

how far away from us do you live?
Probably a ways, I'm sure. I'm in central Ohio - about 20 miles W. of Columbus.

I actually just bought a house and haven't moved in, yet, but one of the things I'm soooo looking forward to is finally having room to spread my craft things out and not keep them locked away in plastic storage boxes all the time! What a hassle to have to drag out and put away! ;) So I'm very envious of anyone with wonderful storage and doubly so if you have someone that can custom build it for you! lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 05:44 PM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDeeView Post
When you join you get 3 free wishes ... make 1 or 2 of them for white cardstock and use them to grant wishes (which earn you bonus wishes).

One of the "good" cardstocks on the WRAK list is Georgia Pacific 110# white cardstock. It is usually available at Walmart and 150 sheets cost about $6 so it is an affordable choice.
Wow - that's a great idea! And I'm so excited to know that what I thought was generic cardstock that I bought at wal-mart is actually considered "good" - woo-hoo!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm HookedView Post
I wanted to buy Tractor Time -- and color the tractors orange. But my DH wouldn't let me buy this set because it is a JD. We are an Agco dealership -- and nope, no green allowed here. LOL

So I bought Times and Seasons with the old tractor and colored it orange. He was okay with that. I have this card in my gallery. Check it out if you would like.
I'm so "sorry" about your "odd-colored" tractors (that's what my uncle calls any that aren't JD green/yellow! ;) Just teasing!! It's ALL green in my house - you should see the plans I have for my new kitchen! lol!

Where to start?! I posted several separate comments, then realized how goofy that was! I can't believe the responses here!

I have "joined" the RAK (not confirmed, yet) and am nervous, but ready to take the plunge! lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiko
Check out the vintage tractor rubber stamps and tractor brads here:

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/Categories
Kiko - thanks so much, I will definitely check this out!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj nalley
Hobby Lobby carried JD little wooden tractors. If interested in one pm me your address and I will send you one.
Thank you so much for the offer - that would be so incredible!! But I can't ask you to do that - I've already asked and received so much I'm truly counting my blessings!!

"snowcountry311" - All I can say is "oh, my"...your husband is a very talented individual, lucky you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #53  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by galet1View Post
Wow - that's a great idea! And I'm so excited to know that what I thought was generic cardstock that I bought at wal-mart is actually considered "good" - woo-hoo!!
I use the Georgia Pacific 110 lb. from Walmart pretty much exclusively for the wishes I grant (except for the occassional watercolor paper). I'm not a demo so I don't order frequently enough to use SU whisper white (and my checkbook couldn't handle it either).

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 06:08 PM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleflowersView Post
I use the Georgia Pacific 110 lb. from Walmart pretty much exclusively for the wishes I grant (except for the occassional watercolor paper). I'm not a demo so I don't order frequently enough to use SU whisper white (and my checkbook couldn't handle it either).
Wish I'd known this last night when I bought paper for my first image swap at Archivers because I didn't think what I had was "quality"! lol!

By the way, I've received an email from Amy regarding my request to join the W-RAK. Thanks again for your help pointing me in that direction!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 04:52 AM   #55  
Matboard Maniac

Talking

Quote:

ssshh don't tell my DH
really i have reached 550+ and stilling counting
Holy Heavens am I jealous! Where do you have them all?????? I am in awe! Total AWE!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 05:06 AM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmomView Post
If I were part of WRAK (which I haven't joined yet, it seems too complicated) what I'd wish for would be Riley and Sophie images! It's not in our budget right now for me to go to Hanna Stamps website and buy a few stamps but I sure wish it was! Maybe some day I'll join WRAK but not just yet!

Hey, "Hi" Marilynn!!!!
Anyone who has not joined WRAk group yet - Come join us! You will get a mentor to guide you through until you are comfortable playing on your own. I have received so many wonderufl wishes from the WRAk group. I also send lots of wishes for others to enjoy.
Once you join you will be contacted by your mentor and she will explain everything on what to do and how to play and she is always there if you have more questions. I pm'd my metor several times when I first joined and she made it very easy for me to get going.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 05:23 AM   #57  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by galet1View Post
Oops!! My apologies!

My entire family are John Deere nuts; one uncle in particular has been helping me lay tile in my new house. I'd like to make him "something" (card, gift, etc) as a 'Thank you' and would love to have images from the "Tractor Time" set (apparently this came out BEFORE I discoved how much I like to stamp, so I missed it!). Specifically I'm looking for the older tractor images (NOT the new-model with the closed cab) since that is what we restore and show.

I found some embellies at Archivers last night, but does anyone know if they make JD paper??
There is paper out there. I have some that I got from LTD Commodities last year but I just checked and they don't carry it anymore. I did a search and found this link: http://www.greenfunstore.com/John-De...g_c_297-1.html

Here is one for Joanns: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat573849

The first one I may have to order some from. My husband used to pull antique tractors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 05:38 AM   #58  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by shereelView Post
I have the set. My family has 6 restored Allis Chalmers. One was my great-grandfathers, that dad scrapped off the ditch bank on the farm and restored down to the last bolt. I would be happy to stamp some images for you.
This is really amazing that I find someone on a stamping site talking about restoring Allis Chalmers tractors....my hd's dream. He grew up on an Allis Chalmer and has such fond memories. Would the stamp you are talking about work for an Allis Chalmers? DH has a magazine article of his grandfather driving one of the tractors. I have been wanting to do something with it, but have not been inspired. This would be perfect!!! Also, do you know anywhere to get old issues of Progressive Farmer magazine? DH would be sooooo happy with the original magazine.

DH is such a sweety and works so hard for the entire family. I would love to do something extra special for him. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 05:48 AM   #59  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by optotechaView Post
There is paper out there. I have some that I got from LTD Commodities last year but I just checked and they don't carry it anymore. I did a search and found this link: http://www.greenfunstore.com/John-De...g_c_297-1.html

Here is one for Joanns: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat573849

The first one I may have to order some from. My husband used to pull antique tractors.
OMGosh! I was going to order 9 sheets of paper from that first link, but the cheapest shipping is USPS priority and would end up making the paper almost $1.40 PER SHEET! I dunno...I don't think I can justify that no matter HOW much I want the paper....thanks for the link - they have some fantastic stuff (I'm going to bookmark to browse through later).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #60  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know this is going to sound crazy but........... have to tried gift wrapping paper? I would think you could use this on a card. I used some on a christmas card, it worked out pretty good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #61  
Pearl-ExPert

Yup - thought of that. Of course my Mom used the last of the John Deere wrap this year, though. :rolleyes: I have to pick more up next year if I can find it again...
Thanks for the thought/idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by glendakView Post
i know this is going to sound crazy but........... have to tried gift wrapping paper? I would think you could use this on a card. I used some on a christmas card, it worked out pretty good.
Reply With Quote Likes