Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?? about signing up as a SU demo

My BFF is a SU demo and has moved across the country. She is going to quite, she is in pending right now, so we won't be able to get our SU from her anymore. Everyone here keeps asking me if I am going to sign up so they can go through me to get their SU stuff. So the wheels have been turning here...Yes, I am thinking about signing up. Here is my question. I know the kit is reduced in price but, will I still be able to earn Sale-a-bration on top of the reduced price and free set up to $47.95, 3 sale-a-bration sets because I am spending $150? I don't want to be greedy but more stamp sets would be great! And being free would be even better!!

TIA!
Jennifer
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Hi Jennifer! I just signed up as an SU demo, and I am lovin' it! Unfortunatley, no, you do not earn SAB sets or hostess benefits with the purchase of the starter kit. You DO get 20% off the price of the kit and your pick of any set out of the catalogue for free if you sign up during SAB! You also get 30% instant income (discount) on your first qualifying order (over $150) within 45 days after you sign up as a demo. It sounds like you already have a great customer base, so I would go for it! Best of luck!

Check out My Gallery!

Proud Army wife!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 07:43 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Although you will not get the SAB benefits or hostess benefits by purchasing the kit, you WILL if you put your first qualifying order (over $150) before SAB ends. Not only that, but you get 30% off your whole order which is awesome! I signed up during SAB last year, placed a $300 order, received every SAB set, several free stamp sets, and hostess benefits - totally worth it! And, if you are already having people saying they will order from you, you really are in a great position! I say go for it!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'd say go for it. This is kinda what happened to me. My sister was the demo. Most of her customers were my friends. She bought a scrapbook store and had to give up being a demo. I took the plunge and signed up. I have most of her customer base -- plus some others that I've gotten.

And this is a GREAT time to sign up. If you already use SU products -- I think this would just be the next step.

Best wishes on whatever you decide to do.

my gallery
my blog :
What Was I Inkin'?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 09:36 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

As everyone already mentioned, you do not get the SAB sets for purchasing the starter kit, but since you already have some willing customers you could still hold your first open house during sale-a-bration and earn your sets with your first order (which, if it exceeds $150, will be 30% off). Not to mention that if your first order went over $400 you would earn an additional 5% volume rebate and if it went over $550 you would earn another free set from Stampin; Up! for having great sale-a-bration sales. So this definitely would be the right time for you to sign up, especially if you sign up with an upline who has the Stampin' Up! demonstrator business web site so you can sign up on-line and get a near instant approval. Once you are approved, if you have some current stampin' Up! stamps sets and SU card stock and inks, you could hold your open house almost immediately without even having to wait for your new kit to arrive. Customer order forms can be printed off the SU demonstrator web site or, if your new upline lives in the same area, she will probably give you or let you borrow some of hers if you need them.

Also, take care with your choice of upline. Since it sounds like you will be selling to others, you will want to make sure that your upline can provide you with the support you'll need to get your business off to a good start. If your friend is going to drop, she obviously will not be there to provide long-term support, so you may want to interview other potential uplines. Even if there is no one else suitable near you, business support can be easily provide over the phone or e-mail, so a long-distance upline who is active and knowledgeable about the business and has the resources to provide long-distance support is a much better choice than no upline at all.

Good luck with your decision!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 03:42 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Since we are nearing April 15, many US udemos are now struggling with tax issues. If you are signing up now, NOW is the best time to get organized for taxes for NEXT year. Keep good records of all orders, sales and any free stuff you earn from SU and any expenses you incur to run a business (like the starter kit...).

I echo the sentiment to select an upline wisely. While it isn't the most important decision in the world, this person will benefit financially from you and your sales so you want to make sure that she is going to provide you whatever support you need -- whether it is business advice, creative advice, organizational hints. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 04:30 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

I would say go ahead and sign up now with the great special...

If you don't get SAB sets there are a lot of demos and customers who recieve them but wind up having extra - so if there is something you really want chances are you might be able to trade for it after SAB is over...

The fact you would have a built in customer base is a great thing...when I signed up it was because I had 3-4 people that I knew would buy from me...I haven't put to much effort in my business (have had a few hostess clubs in the past 2 years, do a SAS or a class here and there) and my customers have kept me in business and allowed me to be able to buy things I want without pulling very much money from my own "pocket"
Reply With Quote Likes