Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-27-2005, 09:47 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About the Angel policy....

I just signed up for a demonstrator and I had a question. I understand that there will be sets retiring in July. Can you sell the retired sets on ebay or one of those if they are retired? I don't want to do anything that will mess up being a demonstrator. I paid too much money and I don't want to risk losing it but I also know I can't demonstrate any retired sets.
So does anyone know the answer to this?
Thanks,
Jennifer
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 09:49 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Once a set is retired you are allowed to sell it on ebay. But any mini set or SAB set is considered current until the new catalog is released.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 09:50 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I believe you are allowed to sell retired sets after the new catalog comes out (I think sets from the mini catalogs are considered current till that year's catty is retired), but your best bet would be to contact Demonstrator Support and ask them. That way, the info is straight from the horse's mouth. They are wonderfully helpful, and answered my question even though I'm not a demonstrator!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 10:06 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Thanks you guys!

I will contact demonstrator support because I want to make sure on this!
Blessings,
Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 10:29 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

You would only be able to sell the ones that are on the retirement list and it would have to be after July 1st. Sets that are in the mini can still appear in a later catalog (especially the summer mini) and do not retire the same way as the ones in the IBC. I was also told that the SAB and hostess sets do not retire and you cannot sell those ones on ebay either because they may appear at a future date.

My Blog - Its young but it is growing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 12:34 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

Please don't get the Angel policy confused with selling stamp sets on eBay. They are two different things. The Angel policy relates to the sale of hand-stamped items. Sales of hand-stamped items are not allowed in any fixed, retail location, including eBay. This policy (the Angel policy) applies to all, demonstrators and non-demonstrators.

The SU! demonstrator policy applies only to demonstrators; customers are free to sell current catalog items on eBay if they wish. A set from a mini catalog isn't considered retired until the next IB&C comes out. So, after July 1 you could sell a set which didn't make it into the IB&C which was in the Winter mini, but you couldn't sell the ones from Summer 2005 Mini until July 2006 catalog comes out.

Cheers,
Kelly
Zion, IL
Stampin' crazed since 2001

Registered Blue C for Convention 2005
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 12:40 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingkelly
The SU! demonstrator policy applies only to demonstrators; customers are free to sell current catalog items on eBay if they wish. A set from a mini catalog isn't considered retired until the next IB&C comes out. So, after July 1 you could sell a set which didn't make it into the IB&C which was in the Winter mini, but you couldn't sell the ones from Summer 2005 Mini until July 2006 catalog comes out.
However, the non-demo customer can not use images from the catty that shows them in their sale item if they are a current item. The images in the catty and pictures of the stamps are still a trademark of SU! ( And as a customer trying to sell current SU! sets I am sure you will be reported and checked on to make sure you or your spouse are not demos.)
You can use images/pictures of retired sets, I think this was a change they made about a year ago.

Please correct me if wrong and I will edit, but I believe this is what I saw.

Mindy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 01:38 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Well I won't be selling any current sets, as I don't like to part with my stamps as it is! In fact I may just keep the retired sets because I love my stamps! It's kind of like parting with your children! LOL
But if I do decide to sell a retired set after July 1st then I cannot put a picture of it up for sale? Is that right?
Heck with it...I will just put them up for trade here. Maybe someone will want to trade with me.
But I have a few months to go before I have to decide this. Thanks again!
Blessings,
Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 11:48 PM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Copied from Kar

I found this posted in another post. . by Kar.

Stampin Up's Internet Auction Policy
Here is a letter I found on the SU website... think it is only in the demo side of it but will clear up a lot of the stuff that went on this morning maybe??

June 18, 2004

Dear Valued Stampin� Up! Demonstrator:

Stampin� Up! events give us the opportunity to interact with and get feedback from our demonstrators. During a recent Stampin� Up! cruise, one person posed this question: �How do you differentiate between those who earn cruise honestly and those that �eBay� their way?� This question touches on issues that Stampin� Up! has considered for some time: �Why can�t our demonstrators sell on Internet auction sites?� and, �Why do we believe that Internet auction sites harm demonstrator businesses?� This question has also been discussed at length in other settings. In this letter, we will share our thinking behind our Internet policy and will ask you to help us preserve the Stampin� Up! opportunity.

Is There a Compelling Case Against Selling on Internet Auction Sites?

Yes. We believe that demonstrators who are selling there do not understand the damage they can do. We all know there is a large demand for Stampin� Up! products. We can meet that demand through our authorized demonstrators, or through electronic auctions and/or retail locations. But we can�t have both. Stated bluntly, if our current products were to be sold at retail or at Internet auction sites, demonstrators and home workshops would not be needed�and neither would commissions, publications, a call center, an Idea Book & Catalog, or special promotions. If our products were to be sold on auction sites, the company would do the selling and simply pay the auction site�s monthly fee.

But what if Stampin� Up! did permit Internet sales, and there were forty thousand demonstrators, all on eBay? Under these circumstances, the only way for a demonstrator to encourage prospective customers to buy from her would be by lowering the price. Soon, there would be nothing but cut-rate sales of our merchandise. And recruiting would come to an end. Who would sign up to compete with 40,000 other people selling the same merchandise in the same place for the same price? The business opportunity would be lost immediately, as would the positive aspects found only in Stampin� Up! workshops.

So What Is Stampin� Up!�s Policy?

Our �Internet/Web Site Policy,� outlined in the Demonstrator Manual, states in part:

Demonstrators may not sell current stamp sets [online], whether new or used, including products obtained through prepurchase opportunities. (Items in the catalog or mini catalog are considered current until a new catalog is introduced.)
From the �Enforcement of Company Policies� section, we have:

The Compliance Department will investigate the matter, and . . . [make a recommendation to] the president of the company, who may take action to suspend or terminate or otherwise modify the demonstratorship.
In the �Introduction to Policies and Programs,� it states:

Manipulation of Stampin' Up! procedures and/or the violation of stated policy to achieve a gain . . . that you would not otherwise receive is prohibited and may result in the loss of earnings and awards and potentially the termination of your demonstratorship.
And in paragraph 5 of the Independent Demonstrator Agreement, which every demonstrator signs to join the company, she agrees that:

I will conduct my business and my dealings with . . . the Company in an ethical fashion. . . . and will abide by the spirit and intent of this agreement, the Demonstrator Manual, and any amendments thereto. I will also conform my activities to the Company�s sales programs. . . .
We interpret these statements to mean that demonstrators cannot sell any current merchandise online�accessories as well as stamp sets. We also consider it a violation to knowingly sell Stampin� Up! products to any person for the sole purpose of resale on auction sites. Such actions would not be in accordance with the spirit and intent of our policies and the Independent Demonstrator Agreement. We are not willing to continue to offer demonstrator benefits to those individuals who intentionally harm our business model.

Some demonstrators have made the decision, against Stampin� Up! policy, to sell on the Internet or to supply current products to others to sell there. If you�re one of these demonstrators, you have probably told yourself that these sales do not hurt others. You may see it as a cost-effective, easy way to do business. You buy few supplies, hold no workshops, and don�t deliver orders. You may feel, as we have heard expressed in Internet policy compliance hearings, that Stampin� Up! is wrong or mean not to let you make money this easy way.

Violation of this policy negatively affects every demonstrator�s business. Please remember that every demonstrator is required to uphold the company�s commitment to in-home workshops. If we determine that a demonstrator is selling current merchandise in contravention of Stampin� Up! policy and this commitment, we will notify her to schedule a hearing. The most probable outcome of the hearing will be immediate termination of the demonstratorship without the possibility to rejoin.

What You Can Do to Help Preserve the Way Stampin� Up! Does Business

If you become aware of demonstrators who are violating Stampin' Up!'s Internet policy, you can help by contacting us. We�ll investigate and do our best to protect the business of honest demonstrators. We will take strong action against those we find in violation of the policy. However, it is our fervent hope that we will find no demonstrator auction sites. If you are using these, then we plead with you to close them immediately. We don�t want to have to terminate anyone�s demonstratorship. Please contact your downlines and explain the seriousness of this issue. Encourage every demonstrator you know to do the same.

Please note that not every Stampin� Up! auction is against policy. There will always be auctions with Stampin� Up! merchandise on Internet auction sites because 1) demonstrators are not prohibited from selling retired stamp sets or discontinued products, and 2) customers are entitled to dispose of their property however they wish. This allows both demonstrators and customers to manage their personal stamp inventory. It is because of the damage demonstrators can do to others� businesses (and ultimately their own) by engaging in Internet auction site sales of current merchandise that Stampin� Up! prohibits this practice.

Stampin� Up! is absolutely, unequivocally, and fervently committed to the home workshop method of doing business. We are equally fervent in opposing activities that undermine the businesses of conscientious demonstrators, including the selling of current products on Internet auction sites.

Many demonstrators have told us, on various issues, �If we understood your reasons for your actions, we�d be more supportive.� We hope this information motivates you to support the way of doing business that has made Stampin� Up!�s thousands of demonstrators successful in achieving their personal goals over the past 15 years. Thank you for your commitment.

Most sincerely,

STAMPIN� UP!�

Jerry Day
President

Last edited by jeanstamping2; 04-28-2005 at 01:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2005, 01:04 AM   #10  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

That's one of my favorite items on SU!'s website. If you accept their basic belief in the home based workshop, everything makes sense. And if you sign up to be a demo, you are signing a contract saying that you agree to uphold this.

Here's an expansion that answers another question - when can she show an image of the stamp set....

Demonstrators may participate in Internet auction sites (such as eBay) within these limits:

Demonstrators may sell discontinued Stampin� Up! products. They may display a picture of the stamp set or accessory.

Demonstrators may sell logo merchandise. In describing the item, they must state that the item is a Stampin� Up! product. They may display a picture of the merchandise.

Demonstrators may sell outdated newsletters and original catalogues, and may display pictures of the covers of this literature. Demonstrators may not sell current Stampin� Up! publications of any type (except the current catalogue). Demonstrators may not sell reproduced copies of any publication, current or outdated.

Demonstrators may not sell current products, whether new or used, including products obtained through prepurchase opportunities. (Items in the catalogue or any mini catalogue are considered current until a new catalogue is introduced.)

Demonstrators may not sell any item made using any Stampin� Up! images, current or otherwise (see �Angel Policy�).

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2005, 06:35 AM   #11  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

thanks Jean was just going to direct them over to that post!!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2005, 01:49 PM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Kar

Your Welcome!;)

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2005, 02:08 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Thank you for taking the time to post that info!

I really appreciate it. I think I will either just keep the retired sets and not use them in workshops or trade them on this board or with other demonstrators. I am scared to have sell anything stampin up on ebay!
Blessings, and Thanks!
Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes