Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-25-2018, 10:05 AM   #81  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

I am fully qualified for membership in this club. Also retired and supposedly more time for crafting and hanging out in the forum, but it seems I am always too busy to get to the craft room as much as I would like. So I wonder - how did I have time to go to work???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 10:26 AM   #82  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I will be 65 in October��. Never thought I’d be glad to get to this age, but I’m tired of all my pension going to pay for my health insurance. So am extremely happy to embrace Medicare!!! Now at least I will see “some” of my pension��. Been retired for 6 years when my gov’t job was eliminated. Unions were just busted in WI so I could not even post for another job. So I retired & ran for county board supervisor & won. Still doing that & making time for my grandkids & fitting in stamping when I can. Been stamping for 17 years & took over as a SU demo when my DD decided to give it up in 2013. I scrapbook too, but am TOTALLY behind on that��. Stamping kept me sane when I was still working & gives me total relaxation & pleasure at this point in my life. Love SCS & all of the friends I have made on this site��. Onward Ladies��
Mary ~~ QFTD #152, FS#514CC Guest Design Team 2012, 2013, 2017 & 2022 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 & 2022 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 10:27 AM   #83  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts

I'm in this club : ) I'm 67, retired (although I still take care of my grandkids during their school breaks) and stamping/paper crafting is my therapy! Like others have said, I go into my craft room and lose myself on all the pretty things! I've been stamping since about 2002 I guess, and on Splitcoast since 2004.

Here's something interesting I saw on PBS News Hour Monday night: people creating art are 73% less likely to experience memory issues or have dementia. Now, that's an endorsement for spending time with all those wonderful art supplies we have accumulated!!!

P.S. I think my avatar picture is about 5 years old; guess it's time for a new one for me, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 10:48 AM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 161 Likes on 77 Posts

Unfortunately, I think I'm in the 27%, but that's okay. I can adapt. lol Yesterday I was on the phone with someone who asked me for another person's phone number. I started to grumble about not being able to find my phone to look it up before realizing I was talking on it. smh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 11:25 AM   #85  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

At the ripe old age of 72, I've been making my own cards for over 25 years. My style has seemed to settle on highly dimensional flowers and dimensional paper piecing. I'm creating cards and several styles of mini photo albums. I'm loving meeting special orders and doing Christmas craft shows. I purchased tons of supplies just prior to retiring 5 years ago. So, yes, I live in a working craft studio with furniture and me crammed in whatever space is left! I'm not a trend follower, but I keep finding beautiful paper collections with which to work my magic. And, of course, then I have to get coordinating beads for flower centers and spine charms. This is a wonderful chapter in my life and I am making the most of every dollar and every minute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 12:41 PM   #86  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Lazylizard!

I'm 66 and I've been with Splitcoast Stampers since the late 90's. There's so much sharing, love, kindness and information here, that when you are done you'll mot know how you lived without it! Happy card-making!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 12:52 PM   #87  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RufsMomView Post
uncbballfan wrote :p"I just bought a stamp designed by our own artist in residence, Dina K. I put the sentiment on my letter board as a constant reminder of my blessings. "The sun is up and you are alive to see it. Start there." "

Oh, I love this quote! What set is this? I want to buy it!
Maybe the talented Dina K will read this thread and come up with a new set including sentiments from all our combined contributions.

BTW, Dina K, if you read this, in spite of my spending moratorium and extreme excess of stamp sets (some which have never seen ink!) I couldn't resist the the Blue-footed Boobie. Love the set! Love your work!

Ann
Ann, it is a separate cling-mount stamp from IO. I, too, could not resist the Blue-footed Boobie! Have you seen Sandy Allnock's card using this image? Adorable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 01:11 PM   #88  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helen WeberView Post
I am 69 (just lol) and am retired. I have all the time in the world to stamp but my husband passed in January and except for birthday cards (5 kids, 11 grandkids 4 sisters and a brother, mom still living, nieces and nephews) I can't get into my groove. I did just buy a sewing machine, saw bowl koozies for the first time (where have I been?) and thought they would be easy. Haven't threaded it yet! I am not depressed, just can't get going. I will soon I'm sure. It just takes time! I rescued a small dog and she made a lot of difference in my life! Something to wake up for! Hope this message is not too much of a downer but it's only been 6 months and I am doing better all the time! Now if I would stop watching utube videos of cards, I wouldn't be buying so much, gotta start using it all!

Helen, your groove will find its way back to you. It just takes a while. I promise.

Others may think you are depressed, but I know you are working through the grieving process. How long? It takes as long as it takes.

You will never get over this, but you WILL get through it. I promise.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 01:26 PM   #89  
Insane Embellisher

I'll be 64 soon. As others have said, that's my body's age not my mind. Sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and think who is that. I've been stamping for 20+ years. Kids out of house so have my own craft room. It's my escape from the world and takes my mind away from a personal trauma, so it's healing. Love to cross stitch as well and am blessed to have a sister who enjoys crafting as much as I do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 02:19 PM   #90  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 493 Likes on 272 Posts

Oh, shoot! Lost my post. Comes from getting old and distracted, I guess.

I'm 65, and I have been a crafter for many years, dabbled in stamping before I got married (at age 51 for the first time! to a man 41- makes me a COUGAR!). When I moved to Kansas, my next door neighbor was a Stampin Up demo, and I haven't stopped spending yet!!!
I suffer from whole set syndrome- I NEED to have every color Stickles. I NEED to have the 144 piece set of watercolor pencils. You know the drill, c'mon, admit it! (Frankly, I NEED to move DH out of the master bedroom so I can have room for my craft crap! The smallest bedroom just doesn't cut it anymore!)
I have found a couple of SCS stampers in our town- wish I could find more. I have occasional play dates with one, and see the other at a SU stamping monthly group. I'd love to get into shoebox swaps again, I did that some years ago, and I absolutely LOVED it! Maybe if I cleaned the house, I could have people over to play?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 02:59 PM   #91  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 183 Likes on 151 Posts

62 here, and acted like a kid today stamping with a friend. She designed cards for us to make. I squealed like a kid when I saw what we were going to make! I've been retired 5 years and have my own Card Ministry. I make cards for South Carolina Juvenile Justice System, Cleveland Clinic, Cards For A Cause-here on SCS, and Summit Point Senior Living Facility. I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator and everything I make goes towards the Card Ministry I have. I've been stamping for 15 years and love giving cards of encouragement to others. I've found my calling! I feel so blessed to love what I do now!
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 03:40 PM   #92  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I just celebrated my 70th birthday this past Sunday. I started stamping as a hobby around 2004 or so and joined SU in 2006. I had used stamps for many years in my classroom prior to taking this love of paper and ink as a hobby. I haven't made many cards since retiring in 2008 due to illness, keeping grands, and caring for my mom and her husband, who have both since passed away. I still watch my grands during summer breaks and school holidays, but that will soon be ending as the youngest three will be in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades this year. I've kept the middle one in that trio since she was 2 months old while her parents worked. What a blessing she has been!

I love lurking here and I've learned many things from so many of you. I enjoy paper crafting and would love to put photos on some of the scrapbook pages I've done, but just can't find the time. I'm now in the process of really cleaning my stamp room so I can get new furniture that will work better in the room I use. I also need to purge about half of what I have and I am planning to take many of my wood mounted sets off their blocks. I also enjoy participating in a local craft fair each fall. I think this is a craft that spans many ages, abilities, and artistic designs, as well as media preferences. It really is a craft that offers something for everyone. May we continue to share our love of this craft with all ages!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 04:10 PM   #93  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I�m only 44 but I�m disabled so I can�t work. I have young kids but I have a fair bit more time to craft than most moms so I commented anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 05:29 PM   #94  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Rebecca.....You are an elder in training! Give yourself time and you'll be one of us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 05:58 PM   #95  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just hit 70 last week. Love papercrafting! It keeps me young!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 06:20 PM   #96  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I am retired and in my 70�s. i am busier now than when I taught school! I have very young grandkids that keep me hopping. They love to stamp! I paint in acrylics every week � mostly seasonal like Santas and snowmen. I sell them at bazaars in the fall �- but I don�t sell my cards �- they are for my enjoyment! I am a sucker for dies, sentiment and holiday stamps. I have been organizing my craft room for 3 years, as my 14 year old grand daughter tells me. I really enjoy SC subjects every week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 07:23 PM   #97  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 431 Likes on 164 Posts

Contrapat, I can so identify with you on "if I cleaned my house" I could have people over to stamp, but it would take days away from my stamping to make much headway in that department, so the only stamping I do with others is usually at my sister's because she is the one who help start this addiction, and an occasional card shoebox meeting with dear friends in the area who want to get together to stamp.

I am so happy to see so many feeling welcome here. I certainly didn't want anyone to feel discriminated against by age, and I am so flattered you younger women want to join in. We include anyone who shares our same loves, respects our experiences and longevity, and embraces a love of life no matter where you are on that journey.

I think we can all find some common experiences among us, and since I spend so much time here, it is great to feel so "at home" here on SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 07:41 PM   #98  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

Hi, sis! You obviously know that I exceed the speed limit by a number of years!! I love this great thread you have started!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2018, 08:01 PM   #99  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

64...body occasionally feels and acts older, but my mind ain't there yet...by a long shot! I've been stamping for about 10 years or so - am new to this! Love my Mom Cave - it's where I go and the boys don't bug me! Generally anyway! I just breathe more easily in here...no matter what else is going on. And there has been a LOT else going on in the last decade!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2018, 06:05 AM   #100  
Matboard Maniac

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

add me too !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2018, 07:50 AM   #101  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

66 here. And not sure just how that happened!!!
Enjoying retirement though.
And Grandkids!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2018, 10:39 AM   #102  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I have been scrapbooking for 30 years and stamping for 20 years. I am 72 and there is no way I will use all my stash if I live to be 100, I have tried to purge and actually got rid of a lot of stuff the last couple of months as we moved and downsized a little bit. The trouble is, I also keep buying. Such an addiction! You know that quote, � she with the most stamps when she dies, wins.� Ahem......
I love Splitcoast Stampers, and have been a member since retiring in 2009. SCS is my chief enabler along with the rest of you! I can�t think where I would be if I hadn�t discovered SCS! Just to realize I am not alone in this hobby and addiction is a great comfort! You are all my friends and confidants! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2018, 11:41 AM   #103  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
I'm 60 and have been stamping for 12 yrs. I am one who is not quite sold on the "age is just a number" philosophy . I'm still in great health. I'm very active, flexible, and get around without aches and pains. Still I feel age creeping up!

I'm still working and recently changed jobs. This one requires physical activity but I keep up as well as my younger co-workers. I am working fewer hours and I love it (32 hrs. A week).

I think I will be bored when retired so I'm sure I will have to have a little sideline job at least as long as I'm able!

Also, I used to be a shopaholic! I loved clothes shopping. That changed over the last two years. I never shop now! I have plenty of really nice clothes, shoes and purses.

I am 90% SU and I'm to the point of buying very little! I want to use what I have!

I don't buy home decor any more either!

You hit on a lot of my thoughts here.
I am also over the speed limit- 6 years over. I retired after teaching high school for 34 years (well, my first year was junior high), but teach part time now at the local community college. I�ve taken off a semester twice, to have surgery and the subsequent recovery. Once the pain and physical therapy is over, I find that I get bored. I need a reason to get up and moving! But, I love working part time. It gives me lots more time for my hobby.
I also used to love to shop, but almost have to force myself these days.
One day I�ll downsize my stash, but I�m not ready to do that now.
Hopefully I�ll be a grandma at some point. If I get a few days a week to take care of them, maybe I�ll retire full time. In the mean time, I�ll keep working part time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2018, 12:16 PM   #104  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been card making for what turns out to be a loooonnng time! I retired at 55 but had "dabbled" in card making a few years before that. I am 68 and still enjoying creating cards and a few other creative things. Wish I could find someone else in my area that loves it as much as I do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2018, 02:17 PM   #105  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 769 Likes on 554 Posts

I'm 68 and I've been a card maker for over 25 years. I found SCS in 2006 and am convinced it's the friendliest spot on the web. I visit several times a day and am so grateful for the friends I've made here.

My greatest motivation and joy is creating cards of encouragement to brighten someone's day. Of course I also make cards for family birthdays and anniversaries. My oldest granddaughter, age 12, has begun making cards, so it's thrilling to pass on this hobby to the next generation.

This year is the first time I felt that I should try purging my supplies, so I gave away a large number of my stamps that I hadn't used in several years. I have become more selective in my paper crafting purchases as I've gotten older. I have so many wonderful stamps and dies already, but still love to add the occasional new items.

God demonstrated His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us ... being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:8 & 9

https://www.chemoangels.com/

https://www.intercessors.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2018, 02:21 AM   #106  
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Over the speed limit in the U.S.A., but not in the Land Down Under (80-100)! On second thought, I suppose I might be if I converted it from KPH to MPH, ;)

Personally, I've never been bothered by turning older, but used to be bothered by the amount of people who would ask how old I was. So, I came up with a few answers that I continue to use today and have actually used them on my cards over the years.

When someone asks "How OLD are you?" I reply with one of the following (depending upon who is asking and what kind of sense of humour they have). I will answer with:

No longer younger than my bra size. (This is more suited to U.S.A. measurements than metrics)

I'm $59.95 plus shipping and handling. (This one can easily be changed to whatever year the person is or age group they're in. So $59.95 can be used for someone in their 60's if they're bothered by being in their 60's. I hope that makes sense!)

Age is just a number and mine is unlisted!

There are a few more, but I can't remember them at the moment. And for my memory issues, I reply with.....my memory is shorter than my hair and my hair is super short, so what does that say!?! (And, the older I get the shorter it gets, go figure! I used to ask the hair stylist to only cut the gray hairs, until one day I realised if she did that I'd be bald! So, now I just really enjoy having super short gray hair! As the stylist always tells me, she has clients who pay to have their hair coloured gray like mine, so it's a life bonus for me !)

I've been a crafter all my life but stamping took out first place in the 90's. My DH has said I could probably open my own shop I have so much, so I am in the process of a serious clean out and purge that will hopefully fund our next holiday. I tell my DH, there are far worse habits to have, I don't smoke, don't drink and don't hang out with bad men, haha! I'm lucky to have a dedicated craft room, but liking/collecting/loving/hoarding so many things over the years has this room busting at the seams and has over flowed into the bungalow! I've barely started and already have seven 52 litre sized containers chucked full of stamps I'm parting with. I've got my work cut out for me, lol!

Anyway, I've been on SCS for years and while I join in various threads, I'm not a card/project poster. I only have 2 things in my gallery, lol! I visit the gallery every day and love to see the creativity and comment. I've learned heaps over the years and am grateful that there are so many wonderful and talented crafters here that are so willing to share, this is such an amazing community to be part of and now a new sub club to be a member of! Hugs to all of you! xx

Oh, my, I've written a book here....sorry about that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2018, 02:52 AM   #107  
Crimping Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Dotty, I love your post! Wish we lived closer! Australia has always been a country I've wanted to visit.

Back in High School I had a pen pal (does anyone remember those?) and we wrote to each other until we both were married with 2 kids, then life got in the way and we quit writing. Then in 2000 I decided I wanted to see if I could find her so I sent a letter (snail mail) to the last address I had for her. Six weeks went by and I figured it was a lost cause...then a letter came! The Aussie post office took the time to find her for me! She and her hubby were going on holiday which included a visit to New York City and we got to meet! What a joy that was! It's unfortunate that we have now lost touch again...but Carol, I know you're out there and meeting you was awesome!

I hope to get to visit your country one day and if not, it will always hold a special place in my heart.

Hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2018, 03:59 AM   #108  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, ladies, thanks for sharing. Rita, I loved seeing your link to chemoangels. I did not know of that group and what a wonderful ministry they do. Dotty, thanks for all those ways to answer the age question. And Judi, I use to love to write letters to people. Technology has changed so much of that know, so SCS has been a place where I have collected to people and have had the chance to meet some of them in person. It is great how fellow stampers will reach out to each other when they visit the areas where other stampers live or when they meet at a convention or stamping event. Our craft makes such incredible connections.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2018, 05:38 AM   #109  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Dotty, I always tell people I have a great memory....its just short!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2018, 06:30 AM   #110  
Cardstock Collector

double nickel here too. got into card-making off and on a few years ago but kicking it into high gear now. very therapeutic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2018, 11:07 AM   #111  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So good to hear all the responses! I am , thankfully, retired and enjoying MY calendar! Stamping is what keeps me going. It is great to send a handmade birthday or thinking of you card. At 73, I feel the years, but do my best to ignore the effects. Online is my shopping habit these days... like the post said: the UPS truck is my ice cream truck! Enjoy it all while we can! And really appreciate Splitcoast!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2018, 01:20 PM   #112  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Old Coot, I tell people all the time this is my therapy. I like to think all of my purchases are cheaper than what a therapist would cost me. LOL And like you KC Hadley, my purchases I make that are not from the bargain tables of HL, TM, and Michael's are on line shopping too. I just don't like phycially shopping around driving everywhere to see my choices anymore, and the computer brings it right to my fingertips. You just can't beat that. There are so many wonderful little companies out there to check out to see what they are offering that I don't already own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2018, 01:27 PM   #113  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Ha, ha, I am never going to look at an ice cream truck the same way now.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2018, 08:47 PM   #114  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi everyone I'm over the "speed limit" I just turned 56 on June 17th, I craft a bit when I feel up to it. I have a lot of craft supplies new and old, I started crafting in my 30's wish I had the energy I did then than I do now to do more crafting now I just get irritated by having to haul it out and clean up after, which is due to the fact I don't sleep as good as I use to so my patients aren't there as they use to be. But when I do get a good sleep I play around with the planner craze, I just decorate my pages and add a few of my appointment on there and call her done. It is fun to decorate not much to plan but it keeps me creative.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2018, 04:50 AM   #115  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimble73View Post
Hi everyone I'm over the "speed limit" I just turned 56 on June 17th, I craft a bit when I feel up to it. I have a lot of craft supplies new and old, I started crafting in my 30's wish I had the energy I did then than I do now to do more crafting now I just get irritated by having to haul it out and clean up after, which is due to the fact I don't sleep as good as I use to so my patients aren't there as they use to be. But when I do get a good sleep I play around with the planner craze, I just decorate my pages and add a few of my appointment on there and call her done. It is fun to decorate not much to plan but it keeps me creative.
I started having issues with sleep at around the same age that you are - maybe a few years earlier. Melatonin has been helpful for a lot of people I know, but didn't work for me. Valerian root is another option that can be beneficial. I "aged out" of the issue, for the most part, but still have the occasional night of little to no sleep, or very interrupted sleep. Very draining, for sure. Hope it improves for you...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2018, 10:41 AM   #116  
Kookie Creator

I'm in, turned 67 in May. Started scrapbooking 20 yrs ago and stamping 10 yrs ago. As long as I don't have to be grey/white headed to qualify, lol I'm still dark and my mom didn't turn white until in her 80's. Been noticing the replies and also feel we need to encourage younger generations to get on this wagon. I have 4 grands who loved to color but only 1 still wants to stamp with me lol, sad.-they are all teens now, and losing interest I'm afraid
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2018, 05:22 PM   #117  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm 71 and still working full time. I've been making cards for about 12 years, and have narrowed down my style...to about 5 styles! I so admire those here at SCS who are true artists.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2018, 08:04 AM   #118  
Die Cut Diva

My user name reflects the year of my birth so I definitely qualify for this group. I would not trade what I know now to be able to be young again. Great sentiment I first saw on a t-shirt - - I thought getting old took longer!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2018, 07:08 PM   #119  
Forum Fanatic

Received 162 Likes on 140 Posts

I'm 68 and have been retired for 5 years and love every minute of it! Been stamping for about 15 years and an SU Demo for the last 5 years. The thing I love most about stamping is making and sending cards out to people, strangers as well as family and friends. I love to send cards of encouragement and caring, just makes me feel good to think that perhaps I've brought a smile to someone who is maybe going through a hard time right now. I participate in Cards for a Cause here on SCS and send cards to different Ronald McDonald house's around the country. I always check the Card Requests thread to see who might need a card sent to them or someone else. I belong to 2 groups of stamping friends and we get together periodically for shoebox swaps which is so much fun. Stamping has definitely been my therapy for a number of years!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2018, 01:14 AM   #120  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Dotty, I always tell people I have a great memory....its just short!

Kathy, mine is very short. I just remembered I promised you some "hugs" diecuts. I apologize for not getting them to you before now.

As far as the younger generation, I watch for college students or young mothers who post here, wanting advice or asking where to start. I send them a PM, asking for their address and telling them I'd like to send them a stash of goodies. I let them know I understand if they don't want to provide an address - no harm done or hurt feelings. I also let them know that I expect nothing in return, only that they "pay it forward" in some manner when and if they have the opportunity to do so.

There are foam-padded flat rate envelopes available from the USPS online (they don't have them available in the post offices), but you can get them for free. You'd be surprised how much stamping stuff you can pack into one of these envelopes; they don't have to be flat, as long as you can seal them, you're good to go. The postage is a bit less than $8. A win-win for everybody!
Reply With Quote Likes