Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-05-2004, 06:53 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50th Anniversary Invites - Help!

I have been asked to do 50th Anniversary Invites for my Great Aunt. I am excited to do them but am at a loss on what to do. I want to get a few ideas for her then let her pick her favorite. For 1 idea I was thinking of doing the invite info printed on vellum with the ribbon tie at the top but not sure what to do underneath. I was thinking to do a few samples in gold and a few in other colors with little gold accent.

Has anyone done 50th Anni. invites before? Can you share any samples with me? Or anyone have any other ideas on what stamps to use or design ideas. I am usually a 'case' stamper so that is mainly why I am having trouble... :o

Thanks!
Angie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 07:11 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

We just celebrated my parents 50th June 20th. My dad passed away July 18th. However, we only had an immediate family party, but the card I made could be altered into an invitation.

I took black cardstock for the back, then a layer of gold that was textured, then on white I embossed in gold Soft Swirls background stamp.
Then I took another small layer of white cardstock and embossed Happy Anniversary and sponged the very edges in gold.

You could forget the Happy Anniversary part and put a layer of vellum with the wording in black and used a white sheer ribbon to hold it on.

Wish I could show you the card, but I don't have it.

Just an idea. Sandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 07:13 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Angie:

I just did a simular invitation for a 25th anniversary. I bought cards (came with envelopes) at Staples. They had silver embossing around the four sides. I was disapointed that I didn't stamp them but they were easy and I got lots of compliments. I'm sure they have simular cards with gold trim and I think I have also seen them at Walmart and AC Moore. I did use SU Vellum and it printed up nicely. I tried to attach a sample but it wouldn't work - Sorry - I am technology challenged! Let me know if you'd like me to email you a sample.

Thanks,
Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 07:57 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Default 50th Anniversary

Hi, I just did my in-laws invites in June. I have a 50th Anniversary stamp that I embossed in gold on the front. Natural white, CS. I have the fold at the top. I layered this on gold CS and then again on the Natural white. On the inside I did on the computer. Scanned in their wedding picture for the top with their name and wedding date under that. Then I put their current Church picture on the bottom and watermarked it with the invite information over the top of it. The only thing I wish I did was cut the CS on the top layer so that I could corner punch the gold with the wrought iron punch to come over the top. Didn't do it, I didn't remember until I had everything cut out and wasn't about ready to retrim.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 05:22 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I just did the invitation for my parent's 50th anniversary and here is the link if you want to see. I did print on vellum and used the ribbon as you were thinking of doing.
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 05:27 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Oops, forgot to mention you probably will want to use gold since that symbolizes 50th. Well, atleast that was what I was told
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 05:51 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Great ideas so far....

I think that the black or navy look great with gold. You have to use gold (symbolizes the 50th). The simple sketches set has a bell in it. You could use this on the front or embossed randomly on black CS.
Reply With Quote Likes