Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-10-2009, 03:17 AM   #241  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Congratulations on catching up! That is awesome!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2009, 06:04 AM   #242  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tanya, sounds like you have been working hard! I totally agree on not moving during the holidays. DH carries mail and we live in northern Ohio (snow, ice, etc.), I am pregnant, work 3rd shift (throw in a week or two of 12 hour shifts) and it was a very busy month. But we were blessed to only be moving about 8 blocks. It feels so good to be in our new home. Anyway, what theme did you use for your daughter's baby shower cards? Our baby theme so far is Under the Sea, and I need to find a cute sea creature set. I'm not sure what my sis and mom are doing for invites, but I would like to get started on my Thank-yous by Feb. I usually only buy SU!, but I need to start searching. Anyway, I need to go get some cleaning and laundry done so I can justify some stamping time (if I remember what to do). Hope everyone has a productive Saturday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #243  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pr31stamperView Post
Our baby theme so far is Under the Sea, and I need to find a cute sea creature set. I'm not sure what my sis and mom are doing for invites, but I would like to get started on my Thank-yous by Feb. I usually only buy SU!, but I need to start searching. Anyway, I need to go get some cleaning and laundry done so I can justify some stamping time (if I remember what to do). Hope everyone has a productive Saturday!
Victoria, I saw some cute 'under the sea' themed cards in the gallery last week. If I can find them, I'll post the link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2009, 08:39 AM   #244  
Stazon Splitcoast

Victoria, here is one of the cards I was referring to. She has several variations in her gallery. The stamps are an SU set - Ocean Commotion.

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1186153?si=\'under%20the%20sea\'

Last edited by ScrappinCEO; 01-10-2009 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: correct info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #245  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pr31stamperView Post
Tanya, sounds like you have been working hard! I totally agree on not moving during the holidays. DH carries mail and we live in northern Ohio (snow, ice, etc.), I am pregnant, work 3rd shift (throw in a week or two of 12 hour shifts) and it was a very busy month. But we were blessed to only be moving about 8 blocks. It feels so good to be in our new home. Anyway, what theme did you use for your daughter's baby shower cards? Our baby theme so far is Under the Sea, and I need to find a cute sea creature set. I'm not sure what my sis and mom are doing for invites, but I would like to get started on my Thank-yous by Feb. I usually only buy SU!, but I need to start searching. Anyway, I need to go get some cleaning and laundry done so I can justify some stamping time (if I remember what to do). Hope everyone has a productive Saturday!
Bless your hubby's heart! I have friends that lived on the AFB in 2001, we spent Christmas with them...ya'll get a lot of snow! He's in Beavercreek now. Are you anywhere near Dayton? Marcopaper on Whip Road???

My daughter is doing John Deere Tractor's for the baby's room so that's the theme we went with with all the cards, except the thank-you's I'm making. She saw the teddybella and wanted me to come up with something using her. She did want me to stay with the blue and green color scheme though. For the announcements I'll probably do the onsie trimmed in blue and green and use the A Muse tractor on it.
Have you seen the retired set SU that had the jelly fish a few years back? I'm not sure if that's the style you're looking for, it was really cute though. I can't remember the name of it:( I think it also had a seahorse, fish and not sure what else. Do you know what you're having?

I was busy making cards yesterday. It's my MIL's b-day this weekend and a friends next. I ended up making extra's for RAK requests...and I'm still trying to finish up the last of my "winter/moved" cards. I think I'm down to my last 10 to cuttle bug the outside of the base and write on the inside. I think that will put me at 50 or 60 cards made and $73 + what hubby's picking up for me in Phoenix today spent. REALLY going to keep my spending in check this year!

Have a great stamping weekend everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #246  
Glitter Guru

There was some kind of magnetic force pulling me towards Michael's yesterday! I tried to ignore it, I detoured for lunch, told it no but it still kept pulling. I gave in. (sigh) I found some fun $1 stamps and there was a HUGE amount of ribbon in the $1 bins. I also found some neat felt coasters that have a flower cut to them. I immediately thought, hmmm, that would be great on a card. So, of course, I bought some, but hey, they were a $1 also. Good thing I've been busy this month stamping, scrappin, and exercising!

Have a great week everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #247  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, I had decided that I was going to quit smoking and give myself $1.00 per day that I didn't smoke. I figure this still saves $2-3 per day on a pack of cigarettes. Then the day I decided to quit, I found out I am pregnant with our 3rd child, so extra motivation!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #248  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

Congratulations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #249  
Glitter Guru

Congratulations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #250  
Rubber Obsessor

Congratulations!!! Both on the quitting smoking and the pregnancy.

I have been "lazy" this weekend and not much scrapping. But I did manage to work a bit so I'm now over the $100 mark. Yay me!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #251  
Gallery Gazer

I managed to get 2 cards made today. I'm not even halfway to what I have earmarked to spend Tuesday night at stamp club. Hopefully, I'll be down a pound or so at Weight Watchers tomorrow and then I'll have to get in a good workout tomorrrow evening. The cards I make at Stamp Club will help offset the deficit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #252  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexandria21View Post
Well, I had decided that I was going to quit smoking and give myself $1.00 per day that I didn't smoke. I figure this still saves $2-3 per day on a pack of cigarettes. Then the day I decided to quit, I found out I am pregnant with our 3rd child, so extra motivation!!!
Congratulations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #253  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boy this is hard! I've been trying for almost a week. Here's my breakdown:
Cards - $2 ea
Scrapbook L/O - $10 (I haven't made a scrapbook page in 2 years, so this is not likely at all despite my best intentions, LOL)
10 Minutes Exercise - $2
Actually posting a card I create before I give it away - 50 cents each
Bonuses - $1 ea (Complete a challenge the week it's posted, bed in craft room isn't covered in "creative debris" at the end of the day, not drinking soda all day, other little resolutions that I need more incentives for)

I need all the help I can get. I haven't posted a card since August (finally did one tonight! YAY!) and I hadn't realized that. I made the mistake of telling my husband about participating in this (not my brightest moment) and he's insisting that I can't go in the negative so I've given myself lots of allowances. Would you believe he approved them all? Thank goodness! The funny thing is that when told DH I was going to do this to reign in my spending, I forgot I had signed up to do a home sales job to make extra money to cover my crafting habit (my first show was supposed to be this weekend but got snowed out)!! So with DH on board I'll have to re-earn the extra money I'm earning! When will I ever learn? I'm currently at $26.50 alloted/zero spent (although DH did try to get me to count 2 embossing folders a friend got me for Christmas and exchanged as being money spent!! I already had them and got stuff I didn't have, that doesn't count, right?). Since I can't manage to post cards, I'm not going to put it in my signature line because it will end up being out of date all the time. LOL I am using the spreadsheet one of you lovely ladies posted every day though! So far anyway!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #254  
Kookie Creator

OK I need this group! Can anyone join? Is it too late? I have a stash the size of a very large mountain and no money to spend yet I keep wanting new stuff! It has to end really it does!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #255  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeyore151View Post
that doesn't count, right?
I agree with how you handled the return and exchange for things you wanted! I would have done it the same way and not counted it as spending!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 07:01 AM   #256  
Matboard Maniac

Default doing good... for me anyway....

So, this challenge has really made me think twice about my random spending on supplies.... I had 3 50% off coupons for AC Moore for Saturday and I didn't even go to the store! My hubby was WAY surprised!

I made some cards this weekend and altered a notebook.... and didn't spend much!

Totals:
Cards Made: 22
L/O: 0
Altered: 1
Earned: 27.00
Spent: 14.69

So I still have room to PLAY!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 07:14 AM   #257  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Good weekend for scrapping

Well just wanted to check in with you all - I had a productive weekend at a retreat that I paid for last year, so I didn't include it in my spending for this year. I hope to get some more done at home this weekend. Thanks again for this thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #258  
Matboard Maniac

Talking Hooray!

This is such a cool idea, I just wanted to write a quick post explaining how this has motivated me in so many other ways! I signed up for this because I thought it would be fun, but without any very high expectations. Well, so far, (yes, I know it's only been a few days, but still...) I've made 17 cards, and I've gone to the gym this morning, which really is the first time i've been in 4 months! That's $22 I can spend, woohoo!!
I've also used this idea and applied it to my 'real' work. I am a piano teacher and tend to hoard books the same way I hoard supplies. I buy them, and then never actually learn any of the songs out of them! So now i'm alloting myself a certain amount of $ to buy new books per piece that i learn, which is dependant on the difficulty level of the piece. (sounds more complicated than it is!)
I'm also using this idea in my personal life. I have some bad habits that I have been trying to get rid of for years, and now what I'm doing is giving myself $2 per day that I don't do these habits. This money though is going to be spent on starbucks! (I spend way to much there, and this way it's budgeted!)

I just want to thank whoever had this idea to begin with, because I really think this is the Motivation that I've been looking for!

Thanks Again!
:cool: :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #259  
Die Cut Diva

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

I agree this is really helping me think about what I spend. I too made myself excercise this weekend so I could add it to my total. Also I made 14 cards this weekend and hope to complete some tonight.

Thanks to CareBear5 for starting this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #260  
Mad Swapper

I agree with you ladies. This is really helping me to use my "stuff" I found stamp sets/papers I forgot I owned and now I'm actually using it. Maybe by the end of the year I will have gone thru most of it.

Now a question. What do you do when you have a color cardstock that doesn't seem to go with anything you own? For example I have a whole pack of Marv Magenta. I can't think of anything to use this with except sympathy cards. I have no DSP to go with it either. I just cant think of how I will use this pack up
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #261  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 281 Likes on 232 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinGalzView Post
Now a question. What do you do when you have a color cardstock that doesn't seem to go with anything you own? For example I have a whole pack of Marv Magenta. I can't think of anything to use this with except sympathy cards. I have no DSP to go with it either. I just cant think of how I will use this pack up
You might consider putting it on the PIF thread, or putting it on EBay or in a rummage sale. You could apply the total to your spending fund.

I spent $10 today of the $15 I've earned, but along with the Magnolia stamp that's been on my Wish List since last year, the gal is also sending me stamped images of at least 2 or 3 other stamps on my wish list, which will keep me from needing to buy them for awhile!! Now I need to get busy, because there are two sets I'd like to buy by Spring and I need to stamp more to pay for them!!!

Blessings,

Tricia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #262  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm actually getting stuff done too! I've probably already made more stuff than I did all last year LOL. To see my latest creation, just visit my blog! I think it came out quite well!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #263  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

If your LSS does a garage sale, I'd put the paper in there. I had two packs of the bright pink from bold brights. I have a son and almost NEVER use pink. Both packs sold.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #264  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeyore151View Post
Boy this is hard! I've been trying for almost a week. Here's my breakdown:
Cards - $2 ea
Scrapbook L/O - $10 (I haven't made a scrapbook page in 2 years, so this is not likely at all despite my best intentions, LOL)
10 Minutes Exercise - $2
Actually posting a card I create before I give it away - 50 cents each
Bonuses - $1 ea (Complete a challenge the week it's posted, bed in craft room isn't covered in "creative debris" at the end of the day, not drinking soda all day, other little resolutions that I need more incentives for)

I need all the help I can get. I haven't posted a card since August (finally did one tonight! YAY!) and I hadn't realized that. I made the mistake of telling my husband about participating in this (not my brightest moment) and he's insisting that I can't go in the negative so I've given myself lots of allowances.
I love your Bonuses! And yeah - you're right about the embossing folders. hehe We're always right!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #265  
Stazon Splitcoast

Being a part of this thread does does make you think before spending - I've seen some of you post this and I can testify to it. Today I talked myself out of white cardstock. I have a drawer full of scraps in varying sizes - perfect for mats. I don't need more full sheets to cut up - to only make more scraps! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #266  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm adding....

.50 per stamp or $1 per stamp set I just HAD to have - but haven't used yet. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #267  
Gallery Gazer

I've changed my allowance for losing weight. I decided that if I got $1 for making a card (which takes at most a few hours), I should allow at least $2 for losing a pound (which is actually much harder than making a card). Today I was down 2.2 lbs at my Weight Watcher's meeting, I earned $4.40. Yahoo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #268  
Kookie Creator

It's so awesome to see everyone's progress! I made a couple of cards last night. I stamped and colored several images for future cards though so that was good. I like the idea of rewarding yourself for posting cards in the gallery meeyore151. It is kind of a hassle to upload so kudos to you on that reward. I may have to adapt that one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexandria21View Post
Congrats on quitting smoking & on your happy news! That's awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryAnnKView Post
I've changed my allowance for losing weight. I decided that if I got $1 for making a card (which takes at most a few hours), I should allow at least $2 for losing a pound (which is actually much harder than making a card). Today I was down 2.2 lbs at my Weight Watcher's meeting, I earned $4.40. Yahoo
That's great that you've lost 2.2 pounds! I agree - it's much harder to lose weight than to make a card so switching the reward totally makes sense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:54 AM   #269  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I agree with you ladies. This is really helping me to use my "stuff" I found stamp sets/papers I forgot I owned and now I'm actually using it. Maybe by the end of the year I will have gone thru most of it.

You can make your own DSP to go with it...... use versamark and a background stamp or I have made a polka dot background that was cute using several colors of ink and pencil erasers...... There are a lot of things you can do with card stock.... you could use it for templates/trials of card making. Sometimes I use printer paper before trying a new fold - you could use the cardstock..... Or sell it on one of the other forums that buys/sells.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:57 AM   #270  
Matboard Maniac

Oh, and 3 more cards last night! This is great!

Totals:
Cards Made: 25
L/O: 0
Altered: 1
Earned: 30.00
Spent: 14.69

Woo Hoo!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 05:23 AM   #271  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Whooo Hooo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 06:56 AM   #272  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Way to go on the weight loss, I way in this morning so I am hoping I did lost as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 06:59 AM   #273  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbeck19View Post
You can make your own DSP to go with it...... use versamark and a background stamp or I have made a polka dot background that was cute using several colors of ink and pencil erasers...... There are a lot of things you can do with card stock.... you could use it for templates/trials of card making. Sometimes I use printer paper before trying a new fold - you could use the cardstock..... Or sell it on one of the other forums that buys/sells.
Those are great ideas, especially using it for templates. I know with my Cricut I use old cs to cut the image out and double check sizes before I use my 'good' paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 07:06 AM   #274  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbyjoView Post
Way to go on the weight loss, I way in this morning so I am hoping I did lost as well.
I hope you do well at weigh in
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 07:10 AM   #275  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Thanks Mary Ann. BTW, that should be 'weigh' in not 'way' in on my post above. At least you knew what I meant. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 07:12 AM   #276  
Glitter Guru

Thumbs up Way to go, Mary Ann!

Quote:

Congrats Mary Ann! That is awesome! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 07:17 AM   #277  
Rubber Obsessor

Morning!!
Congrats on the great weigh Mary Ann!! Hope yours goes well as well CardsbyJo!! I was on Weight Watchers after I quit smoking and did really well. Now I want to save my money for scrapping stuff instead ;)

I too have about 30 pounds or so to go. I have the 30 day shred DVD by Jillian Michaels (the trainer from the biggest loser) and it is REALLY good!! AND only 20 minutes!!

That all being said I haven't made much of a dent on my total AND the new SU catalogue is starting Monday AND SAB is coming up. I need to get some serious work done!! I'm challenging myself to be back in the black before I have to put my next minimum in ... Have a good day everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 07:38 AM   #278  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Thanks Mary Ann. BTW, that should be 'weigh' in not 'way' in on my post above. At least you knew what I meant. :mrgreen:
LOL - hopefully, you'll be "way" down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #279  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MaryAnn~ That is awesome! Keep up the great work!!!

cardsbyjo (and anyone else this applies to)~ wishing ya'll well at your "weigh~in" ;) tonight! Do any of ya'll watch The Biggest Loser? Ah...I'm such a big fan!

java_jenny~ Santa Maria, CA:mrgreen: I use to be stationed at Vandenberg. My best friend is there now and a couple other friends. Ya'll have the best 4th of July fireworks show I've ever seen in my life! Oh and the strawberries...so big and sweet...to die for!

I've been stamping away. I'm pretty much done with my "winter/moving" cards. Hubby forgot to bring home the new address and newsletter he printed for me at work. Just have to put them in the card, send them off and I'm done, finally! I've started working on my daughters cards. I seriously think I get a BIG fat F in the copics department! I can't seem to master these suckers:confused: Neenah paper, memento ink, not going to the line, coloring in circles, saturating the paper...and my ink bleeds over the lines, it's terrible. No colorless blender pen is going to clean up that mess! I would really love to take a class to learn how to use them. Anyhow...I'm having to use prismacolored pencils and I'm SO out of practice, lol.

Have a Terrific Tuesday everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 07:46 AM   #280  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Okay, Ladies! I just finished my first 15 cards. Unfortunately, I spent myself into a deficit just a few minutes ago. I will have to update that!! This is a great idea to keep track of what you make and spend.
Reply With Quote Likes